Install Arc
Options

Season 8 Dev Blog #54: Galaxy Class Reboot

Comments

• Options
    cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    trizeo1 wrote: »
    I do hope that they knew of the "concerns" that we have even before they announced it. Like it hasn't been apparent in recent threads.

They have a chance here to do some good to the Gal R/X... I'd buy it I really would but not at it's current revamp offering. They need to really step up their game on this one.

Guess we have to wait and see what they do.

At the moment, the only thing they did was ignore us 100%, like usal.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Major power have territorial control over star systems, areas of space between those systems, and this can be delineated in navigational maps. A ships computer can tell you when you are somewhere you shouldn't be. Some of those powers get very unhappy about people wandering about their lawn. You can have peace in space, just like you can have peace on the open ocean. During TNG era, the Federation had peace with the Klingon Empire, and Romulan Empire. Without peace, do you think either of these entities would have sat on their hands and let the Federation alone while it got about to mapping stars and rocks.

What I wanted to say was that even within an established perrimeter that is considered to be Federation, Klingon or someone else's domain there are still "pockets" like star systems that can be either indipendent, following different laws and regulations or simply not belong to the same faction that controls the area/star systems around them.
    It's also obviously not a border in a convential sense and just because you happen to be at peace with 2 factions out of thousands out there it doesn't mean you can lay on your back and send mellow ships into deep space exploration.
    The Galaxy class in the game can do all that, just like the one you see onscreen...minus the cast.

Compared against the game's borderline dumb easy end-game content - yes, you're right it can do all what it did in the show.

However, compared against every other end-game ship availible in STO it's very far from ever resembling that ship. In this perspective, it's more of a joke really, which is sad. :(

The Dominion didn't get that memo.

Again, the Galaxy class we have in the game, is everything you saw on the screen.

Didn't they? Cause I think they did, eventually. It just took longer for them to comprehend that. The Galaxy Class was at the heart of every fleet we saw fighting the Dominion.

Or are you talking about that one isolated incident when they used the advantage of knowing the enemy due to infiltartion and knew that Starfleet shields won't protect the ship? Yeah, you can put every other ship in the place of the U.S.S. Odyssey and it would have played out exatly the same. Even the producers said so, confirming that even if it was the Enterprise-D with the hero crew, it would've went down in that situation.

Besides we're talking about a faction that is found in a very distant part of the galaxy, a faction noone had any previous knowledge on, a faction solely dominating the biggest part of an entire quadrant and a faction found by shapeshifters that see all 'solid' lifeforms as a threat that either has to be neutered or exterminated.
    Did you expect them to get the memo instantly?

I did agree that having the Excelsior outperform the Galaxy in combat power was crazy. I might not have underlined that.

I still like my Excelsior.

That wasn't adressed at you, sorry if it sounded that way. I was just trying to explain the wonky way of STO.
    I also own an Excelsior and love it, have it set up with Sulu's original hull. :) After a BoP, the most fun ship in the game to play with.
    I was just throwing an alternative idea out rather than jumping on the OMG it needs ltc tac wagon. I am aware of how likely anything that doesnt involve a hangar or a stupid console is going to be considered. The chance of that actually happening is somewhere off the deep end of nonexistent.

I know and like I said, I'd rather give her more options in science than I feel it has to be a ltc.tac. (although I'm pretty sure the people asking for a Ltc.tac are asking for the Dread and not the R)
    Didn't mean to sound dismissive of your idea, I for one would love more diplomatic and exploration missions that don't involve combat. Sadly, it seems Crypttic has driven many of us to a place where we don't even have the belief of this ever happening. :(
    The big issue is the need to break the great space combat dps stupidity. Seriously. Needing 99999999999k dps to pick flowers or chase bunnies is serious freaking stupid. The vicious dps cycle that Cryptic has chosen to embrace needs to come to a halt, and there needs to be some serious rebalancing done. That is another issue however.

Completely agree with you here. Don't have muich more to say for now really, you put it perfectly.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    The more times I read those two lines the more depressed I get. It absolutely shows definitively that whoever wrote that hasn't got a freaking clue and most definitely does not understand builds or probably how to even log on.

Uhm....that would be Geko.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    erraberrab Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Welcome back to work Devs, this week we expect much from you, in return you will get much from us, a nice start would be acknowledging our concerns in this thread.

The Devs never seem to agknowledge anything that does not praise their work and that has been par for the course for quite sometime now.

The thing that really makes me go WTF about the reboot to the Galaxy Class is that there had been so much input by the players that offered many good and reasonable suggestions about what could be done to improve the Galaxies and it seems like all have been completely ignored by the Devs.

The Galaxy X did not need a Hangar Added to it all.

IMO the only thing that they needed to do with the X was swap the Ltc. Engineering Boff station with the Lt. Tactical station and the ship would have been vastly improved and the Saucer Separation would have been Icing and the Devs would have been praised has geniuses who listen to their players. (Making the Lance not suck would be nice too) ;)

Has for how to improve the Galaxy R, that's a bit trickier IMO.

The Galaxy R is the true Enterprise D and that ship though it could bring the pain when it needed to was more about Exploration and Scientific Research IMO.

I know that I keep harping on about this boff layout for the R but I'm not really sure what else could be done with it

Commander Engineering, Lt. Commander Science, Lt. Tactical, Lt. Universal, Ensign Engineering

Another thing that I thought would be cool for an exclusive perk that would only be available to the Galaxy R would be if it had to working shuttle bays (not hangars) that could equipped and launch only Federation Type 7 shuttlecraft that would have no offensive attacks and be restricted to Hull and shield repair and perhaps power level buffs.

The key with the R getting working shuttle bays would be that it would not be classified has a Carrier or Flight Deck Cruiser so it would retain all Cruiser Commands.

The R could have 2 Working shuttle bays that could support up to 6 Federation Type 7 shuttlecraft that would function somewhat like worker bees.

The shuttles would get some kind of limited form of Hangar commands:

Shield Repair Mode (works like existing Shield Repair Drones)

Hull Repair Mode (works like existing Hull Repair Drones)

Power Stabilization Mode (when activated each active Shuttle would add +1 power to each subsystem of the Galaxy R)

Have all 6 Shuttles out and in Power Stabilization Mode would add a +6 power to all subsystems.

Fun fact the Enterprise D had 3 shuttle bays :D

The shuttles would be destructible and have launch cool downs similar to fighters.

Slap in two non- Upgradeable Federation Type 7 shuttlecraft and fuse them into the shuttle bay slots on the Galaxy R and it would be good to go.

The X would not be given the Shuttle Bay Mechanic because it would have its hopefully more useful Phaser Lance ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    buddha1369buddha1369 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So what you want to do is remove the engineering focus of the Gal-R and make it more tactical? Just like the Assault Cruiser? Or the Avenger? Or the Jem Dread? Or the Fleet Advanced Heavy Cruiser? Or the Cardassian Galor? Or the Ferengi D'Kora? Or the Elachi Monbosh? Or the Hirogen Apex?

How about instead of removing the last pure engineering ship we have left you buy one of the dozen tactical cruisers avalible?

If you want a more tactical cruiser THEN BUY ONE and stop whining that your precious iconic ship doesn't fit YOUR playstyle
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    buddha1369 wrote: »
    So what you want to do is remove the engineering focus of the Gal-R and make it more tactical? Just like the Assault Cruiser? Or the Avenger? Or the Jem Dread? Or the Fleet Advanced Heavy Cruiser? Or the Cardassian Galor? Or the Ferengi D'Kora? Or the Elachi Monbosh? Or the Hirogen Apex?

How about instead of removing the last pure engineering ship we have left you buy one of the dozen tactical cruisers avalible?

If you want a more tactical cruiser THEN BUY ONE and stop whining that your precious iconic ship doesn't fit YOUR playstyle

The problem with that, is the Galaxy-class in game right now has the lowest possible damage potential of any T5 ship in the game. Some people only proposed changing the boff layout so the Ens Engineering boff seat becomes universal. This would not greatly affect the ship's performance in PvE, but it's a bit better than what we have now.

Besides, like a lot of people say nowadays, a "pure engineering ship" isn't terribly useful in PvE anymore.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I am going to rain on many people's fandom here.

The Galaxy class was never a battleship and never meant to be one. It was an exploration cruiser. It was basically the Love Boat with big phaser arrays, warp nacells, and a deflector dish. The only thing tactical about it was that starfleet gave it phaser arrays that were more powerful than other starships in the fleet. That's it. It was not designed to go into battle, although if pulled into a fight, it's phasers could inflict heavy damage to a target (at least that was the idea). It was Starfleet's "Hey look at our Cool Starship" ("We saved the spacewhales by building them and adding phasers, be amazed.")

You're correct because Starfleet didn't build Battleships (or none that they called battleships, the Klingons though called it a battleship). However you're ignoring the fact that just because a ship is built one way, doesn't mean it stays that way. The Galaxy class was huge, and it was variable. It could be upgraded. Every starship that has carried the name Enterprise was a ship of the line. When was Picard ever concerned that his ship wasn't going to be up to the task? It was the top of the line starship of its day. We dont expect it to be the top of the line today, but it's surely not the bottom of the heap.

During the Dominion war the Galaxies were upgraded, refitted, and modified for combat. They left out science lab space for more torpedo capacity, upgraded targeting systems. they had wings of Galaxies cutting swaths through Dominion ships. It's not the hull or the power systems that are the problem, it's just how you outfit it.

Any Federation starship would've been destroyed like the Odyssey was and the whole point of that scene was Picard and company's plot armored wouldn't have saved them. But that was the Dominion who at that point their weapon could just ignore shields. They still had to use a suicide run to get the job done.
    Don't mistake plot devices for class capability. If the many of the things in the shows happened to a ship that wasn't named Enterprise, it would have been a very short program. The Enterprise got away with it, not because it was a Galaxy class, but because it was the Enterprise. Plot armor will save any ship from destruction, and plot devices will carry the day vs any difficulty.
    It was also a plot device that destroyed the Enterprise-D. There was nothing that said that a torpedo from a half century old rickety Bird of Prey should've popped a coolant leak that would take down a ship that was admittedly her superior. It works both ways and is a poor argument to use.
    I think that they way the Galaxy class was lain out by Cryptic was fine, and in holding with the ship's intent, and with what we saw onscreen. It needs no special tactical ability, nor Lt Commander tactical slot. That is only a player desire, not a need.
    Also a poor argument.

What the heck is this forum for
    , if not for we the players and the customers to voice our desires, opinions, and suggestions?

That said, as you point out she was an exploration ship. Why not a LtCdr sci boff? Why not a commander and make the Galaxy class a science ship?

The truth is the Galaxy class as far as capability is concerned is the direct predecessor of the Odyssey. If you need it as a battleship you can outfit it as a battleship. If you need it as a science ship, you can use it as a science ship. If you need a...well in canon there really isn't a such thing as an "engineering" ship as engineering is something all ships need.

The idea of a tank starship doesn't really exist. Any starship in fiction that is supposed to rely on heavy armor also relies on heavy guns. I mean logically, NOBODY anywhere wants to take more fire. In this game it isn't a problem because we can heal our ships to full operational capacity more easily than Scotty, but in any actual situation you want to disable or destroy your opponent as fast as possible or evade their attacks. No one wants to take hits, that's why we have shields. You rely on armor and tankiness when you were unable to evade or stop your opponent before they fire.

One thing that this game is pretty accurate on is that focus fire tends to destroy ships. There is an absolute limit to what you can tank.
    The Galaxy-X on the other hand was a one off ship from an alternate timeline that was closed with the destruction of the temporal anomaly seen in All Good Things....
    Well yes. Your point? It's here now. We're fourteen years past the point of that timeline there's no logical reason that it wouldn't/couldn't exist. In fact in that timeline as well, the Khitomer Accords had broken down and the Federation Klingon Cold War was back on.
    Adding a hangar to the Galaxy-X, in my opinion, is really a bad idea. Other that it being a starship, with normal shuttle capability, it didn't have any special attack craft that were shown. The saucer separation is fine, since the Galaxy class had this ability, and this ship was a modified one. Itwas, again, the Love Boat but with a BFG and cloak.
    I'm not a fan of slapping a hangar on either, but I wouldn't call the Galaxy's shuttlecraft complement normal. She had three shuttlebays and carried 25 shuttles of varying types and 12 shuttlepods. This is not the same as Voyager or the Defiant. The Vesta is a much smaller ship with a smaller complement but in its canon it can carry a Runabout. It isn't accurate to say that the vastly larger Galaxy class couldn't have an altered mission profile that would change it to a carrier. That's not to say it's a purpose built carrier like the Akira class with the fast launch and recovery bay that runs the length of the saucer however.
    The only capability we see from it is the ability to cloak, fire a wave moti...er really huge phaser that can punch straight through shielded battlecruisers, travel at warp 13, and has a weird third nacelle. It fires no other weapons, doesn't do any amazing maneuvers, or display any special tactical ability other than "decloak and fire the BFG lots" (Read: Press [spacebar] repeatedly).
    On the subject of Warp 13, how about an innate transwarp speeds for the Galaxy-X?
    The only thing that the Galaxy-X needs is an increase to the spinal phaser's rate of fire bringing, it into line with what was shown onscreen. In fact, that is the only weapon we see it firing, and I can't imagine in a desperate bid to save a ship full of close friends you would hold anything back. That being so, I have to wonder, is the spinal phaser the only weapon mounted forward? With that much firepower, would you need any other forward weapons? If we could get the current spinal phaser on the in game Galaxy-X to behave like the one in the show, it would alleviate some of the complaints, and not be grossly overpowered, as well as keeping the whole mighty ship aspect of being a dreadnaught, I think (you would still have to maneuver to keep your targets in your firing arc). The current status of the spinal phaser is...less than amazing, given it's cooldown, and mediocre accuracy. Missing with that weapon really leaves you thinking "Wow..that sucked":(.
    Well it was the only weapon it needed to fire. I see no rationality is Starfleet taking every other weapon off the ship just because it has one big keel mounted gun. It's not like the ship can't be attacked from the side. By your thought an attack from the port bow would leave the ship unable to respond, that's not logical.

You are of course correct, the rate of fire combined with the unreliable accuracy makes it less than appealing. If you got a guaranteed connection then the two minute recharge may be acceptable. Not really. Maybe 45 seconds. I mean people look at the idea of what players can do against it, but we should also look at the fact that you should have to adapt your tactics by what ship you're fighting.

Look if we're fighting a Scimitar in a fleet alert or Donatra in Khitomer Accord, then we all know the rules, stay 5Km+ from her if you don't she's gonna cloak and you're gonna lose her. When you see the Cascading Biogenic Pulse start up get the heck out of dodge.

The rules for fighting a Galaxy-X should be, don't be in front of her. If you're in front of her you're gonna get perforated. Which makes an interesting thought. If you run a Gal-X beam boat, then the person will be in trouble in front and beside you with the broadside. But from behind? That's a different story. And you have the aft arc being the "weakest" you have raiders, which get a bonus to attack from behind. Strategy.

Here's the thing many people don't really seem to grasp about energy weapons, and generally feel the urge to staple more and more of them onto ships in lore: It doesn't actually really MATTER how many actual guns you put on the ship. All of them are ultimately driven by the same reactor cores on your ship. Once you have enough guns that firing them will consume all the output from your reactor, any more are superfluous and only provide additional arc coverage and redundancy in case any break. It seems very apparent that Star Trek ships, as seen on the show, are energy-limited rather than gun-limited: In combat situations in which it would make no sense to intentionally hold back firepower, you nonetheless do not see the ship blasting away from every gunport. The obvious reason why this occurs is simply because the ship can achieve full weapons output without having to blast energy out of every gunport to do it, as the draw of running every single weapon at once would exceed usable reactor power.

Concentration of force, which is essentially Beam Overload. While there was lots of firing every weapon in the Battle of Sector 001 in First Contact, I agree most weapons placement on Starfleet vessels is about covering every firing arc.

But I disagree that the ship can't fire every weapon or this lose all power. See when the Enterprise-D first fired on the Borg cube trying to get away when the Cube was cutting out that section of the ship. I think a more relevant reason is that in a one on one battle you're usually going to only have one firing arc open.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yup, we need the Dominion War Galaxy Refits. But where do we put the 14 Beam Arrays into?
  • Options
    ufpterrellufpterrell Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Wow, 72 pages of unhappy customers and not a single mention that the devs are even listening. Cryptic, for the love of Trek man up and accept your mistakes. Personally, I don't think I'd put a Lt Com tac in there, but make it a universal and we have the choice! I might use it sometimes but I'd LOVE to be able to spew out grav wells like the Mirror Gal-X did, with the AoE lance it could be quite deadly :D.

IF Geko is the sole reason that this so called reboot is in such a sorry state then I'm sorry, but perhaps it's time for our new EP (who've I've been quietly impressed by so far) to consider a new lead for the development team since Geko seems intent on pushing away loyal fans who are only providing feedback because believe it or not we actually care about this game and the Trek IP. We want things to be as good as they can be.

As has been said before, get this right and it might sell even better than the scimi did. Get it wrong, and well... after playing the elder scrolls beta I love it and will be buying it on release. Whether I continue to support STO on the other hand is in serious doubt. Which is sad, because over the years I've invested quite heavily in this game with about 2000hrs played in total. Don't push us away.
    Terrell.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
  • Options
    trizeo1trizeo1 Member Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Galaxy Dreadnought Improvements – We have updated the Galaxy Dreadnought stats to bring it in line with other Dreadnoughts.
    New BOff seating – The Galaxy Dreadnought’s Ensign Tactical BOff seat will become an Ensign Universal BOff seat.

The more times I read those two lines the more depressed I get. It absolutely shows definitively that whoever wrote that hasn't got a freaking clue and most definitely does not understand builds or probably how to even log on.

We should have a dev use a Gal X in a pvp match against a Scimitar in a livestream and see if they think that the revamped Gal X is "in line with other Dreadnoughts".

OR

Have them bring it into an ISE with a Scimitar and parse it and see where it comes in.

I like my first idea better but the 2nd idea would show them that you'd only be able to fire the lance one as the whole STF would be over by the time the CD is off.
  • Options
    ufpterrellufpterrell Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    trizeo1 wrote: »
    I like my first idea better but the 2nd idea would show them that you'd only be able to fire the lance one as the whole STF would be over by the time the CD is off.

Lol, yeah. Sad, but true. The thing about the Galaxy-X is the lance is the sole reason I bought it initially. It looks so awesome in All Good Things, and of course I'm not asking it to one-shot negh'vars but be able to use it regularly say reduce the CD down to a minute and boost it's accuracy.
    Terrell.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Galaxy Dreadnought Improvements – We have updated the Galaxy Dreadnought stats to bring it in line with other Dreadnoughts.
    New BOff seating – The Galaxy Dreadnought’s Ensign Tactical BOff seat will become an Ensign Universal BOff seat.

It's no secret that most devs don't play their own game. And even if they do, it's mostly "casual" and inexperienced stuff, known more from the technical than practical standpoint.

It is why devs can't get anything right when it comes to balance. The game's PvE content is too easy, the power creep is out of control, PvP is a joke, and ship balance is a concern only for a brand new ship release - which just HAVE to be more OP than a previous one or it just won't sell. The ongoing meme of "slap a hangar bay on it" didn't come from nowhere...

Seeing this Galaxy "Reboot" is really sad. A wasted opportunity, to put it mildly. All this talk and years of player feedback basically coming down to an Ens. Uni slot and a hangar for Gal-X, while the basic Gal-R hasn't been addressed at all.

No idea what Cryptic's thinking. No idea what their thought process is. Sometimes it just seems as if they want to TRIBBLE players over on purpose, with their silly decissions or restrictions.
    ufpterrell wrote: »
    Lol, yeah. Sad, but true. The thing about the Galaxy-X is the lance is the sole reason I bought it initially. It looks so awesome in All Good Things, and of course I'm not asking it to one-shot negh'vars but be able to use it regularly say reduce the CD down to a minute and boost it's accuracy.
    Have you played the Guramba? Similar ability, but its cooldown has been reduced to 1min some time ago. And it's an escort-ish tactical type of a ship, meaning it's more useful there than on something as slow as the Gal-X.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ufpterrell wrote: »
    Wow, 72 pages of unhappy customers and not a single mention that the devs are even listening.

Well, can't say it comes as any surprise surely?

This is no different to how Cryptic treated us during the ill-begotten grindaversary.

The thing is....

Arc not what Cryptic can do for you.......
  • Options
    erraberrab Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    Well, can't say it comes as any surprise surely?

This is no different to how Cryptic treated us during the ill-begotten grindaversary.

The thing is....

Arc not what Cryptic can do for you.......

Oh and let us not forget the near 5000 post thread on the Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier having its Hanger Attack Ships tied to needing to own the godly Bug ship and not even one Dev response :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    errab wrote: »
    Oh and let us not forget the near 5000 post thread on the Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier having its Hanger Attack Ships tied to needing to own the godly Bug ship and not even one Dev response :rolleyes:

I get the impression sometimes that Cryptic actually think that the players are the ones being unreasonable sometimes.

"If only they'd shut up about the things that are broken, unbalanced or just downright wrong. Then we'd have a game"
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I am starting to think the reason the most iconic ships are the most underwhelming is the likely assumption that once we all have our favorite ship performing reasonably well, we won't ever buy the next Cryptic original or don't even bother with lockbox ships anymore.

they have to make a flawed product to leave a desire to buy something new which is always just beyond the horizon.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    errab wrote: »

Or how about the 'beef' thread with almost 6000 replies, more than a year old and still running without any dev. response?
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    Or how about the 'beef' thread with almost 6000 replies, more than a year old and still running without any dev. response?

But never fear.

Cryptic is 'listening' TM
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ...and there'll be a response soon(tm)...

seriously: i appreciate all the good, cool and free things they recently gave us (slots, ships, lobis... a lot of lobis, and so on). thx another time for all that cool stuff!

on the other hand there are many cryptic-made issues which could have prevented if they'd listen to "us" in the first place... well, who else could have done it wrong if not the developers. (on the other hand sometimes they do: f.e. t5 fed/kdf ships for roms)

but same is for the things done right. and as much there are many things and decisions i dislike, i still can see all the good things... otherwise i wouldn't be here at all.

it's just that mostly i just watch what they do (ready to applaud if i think it fits or may drop some critics in the heat), even when they fail in my opinion.

but this time cryptic revisits gals? fix em plz... and if u just exchange everything about the excelsior with the gals, what ever way u do it. u got a (metric :rolleyes:) ton of suggestions u could pick from... plz just do it.

...and plz may drop a comment. thx.
  • Options
    gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    was it too hard to give the R an universal ensign just so it would not be flooded with too much ensign engineer powers?
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • Options
    hellwolf80hellwolf80 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Nice job overall, I like this upgrade. I would like to see this expand to other classes too.

For example I would like to see an updated Prometheus class, with meaningful control over the separated part to really have that tactical advantages in certain situations.
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I hadn't thought of this until now, but...

Why didn't they enable vehicle control when they changed the Saucer Sep console? Prometheus allows the player to choose which section to command - the tech exists.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    thelatathelata Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    no lt commander boff slot = no buy,most of my fleet still wont get it they say if theres no lt comm or commander tactical boff station,final stats been confirmed?:mad:
  • Options
    cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    gpgtx wrote: »
    was it too hard to give the R an universal ensign just so it would not be flooded with too much ensign engineer powers?

Or the LTC eng to LTC Uni (or Sci) so it would at least be a decent healer (not the best, but decent).

There are a lot of options, but the chouse the worst one (leave it as it is)

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I hadn't thought of this until now, but...

Why didn't they enable vehicle control when they changed the Saucer Sep console? Prometheus allows the player to choose which section to command - the tech exists.

what would be really cool (and what i think they should add to all separating ships) is changing the boff seating when you switch and depending on what section you command
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • Options
    morlac126morlac126 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    See what you've wrought devs? 74 pages of rage and counting
  • Options
    thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    gpgtx wrote: »
    what would be really cool (and what i think they should add to all separating ships) is changing the boff seating when you switch and depending on what section you command

In other words another Dyson ship?
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • Options
    thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    morlac126 wrote: »
    See what you've wrought devs? 74 pages of rage and counting

LOL. This thread isn't that gigantic compared to this one..
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • Options
    morlac126morlac126 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Too true sir
    It could though lol. Its like a baby it'll grow up big and strong if it gets fed rage regularly.