Install Arc
Options

Season 8 Dev Blog #54: Galaxy Class Reboot

1222324252628»

Comments

• Options
    warpedcorewarpedcore Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    And yet this ship cannot make appropriate use of it's ability to mount dual cannons. Lt. Tactical is not sufficient. The Lt. Commander Engineering position could have been changed to tactical.
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    like this makes any difference when its not + to the base, but just + to the final. for these bonuses not to a joke, the console bonus would give 5 to 7 final turn, or actually bump the base turn
  • Options
    ufpterrellufpterrell Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Please for the love of Talos give us an ensign uni on the gal-r. It would make such a difference.
    Terrell.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
  • Options
    timuradragonfiretimuradragonfire Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    i have a few ideas regarding the dreadnought cruiser while the changes made are certainly great i would like it much better if u could add new variants most notably the monarch variant from the galaxy class retrofit in my opinion its absolutely begging to have a dreadnought version i have a dreadnought already but i dont have the retrofit and while i would like to have it i would b much more willing to go and spent the money for it if i could get its variant for the dreadnought as well as the console it has
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What I love about Cryptic over the years like in the dev blog where they mention the part where in all good things about the attack vector it used to attack the klingon ships. Much like most Cryptic made ships function nothing like they did in the franchise lol.

So make it turn like a shuttle, sprinkle hanger dust to grow more hangars, and boost the console set power and you'll sell them. Or just make gimmick ships and word gets around its just a gimmick and then you can blame the player base for them not selling :)
  • Options
    cylarwyrmmcylarwyrmm Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    i like what they have done with the Gal-X reboot and the Fleet Gal-X. But with making a uni enisin slot. i wowuld have made the Tac slot Lt. Commander. Everythng else is fine. Its a Tac/Eng style ship so make it a little more Tactical.

Just my thoughts on it.
    Tayos
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well, this is unfortunate.

Knowing the set bonus was +2 turn rate and not +1 might have swayed me to purchase the bundle.

Since turn rate has always been one of the Galaxy's biggest problems, a +2 increase would have made it nimble enough to keep pace with other cruisers.

And now I am at work with no way to buy it before the sale expires... and so lost opportunity means I won't consider buying it without another sale... and there are other ships I have a higher priority to get on sale.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    davkurasdavkuras Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I think it is funny how much people ask for a Lt. Cmdr. Tac slot.

From a game perspective I can understand why, but they seem to forget (or don't know) that the Gal-X is not a brand new ship the Federation created but an existing ship (Enterprise-D) that was modified by Riker as a personal ship else it would have been decommissioned.

As such, to stay true to canon, cryptic can't simply redesign the whole purpose of the ship by making it tactical heavy. The Galaxy class's priorities are: Engineering/Operations with Science & Tactical being secondary because it was an "Exploration" vessel. The only error cryptic has made at this point is calling it a "Dreadnaught", cuz it really is not a "war" machine.

The universal ensign slot makes sense because the modification allows a captain to sacrifice a small amount for engineering for a small tactical gain or small science gain depending on strategy.

As for some arguments like, "Why isn't <x> function built in? Why is it a console ability?" I can only guess that it was a game balancing mechanic; else, ships that didn't have cool functions like saucer separation would never be used. Because why would someone use a ship that has no cool functions over a ship that has built-in functions AND could still use all console slots?

Cryptic could have forced the special unique ship functions to be built in, by removing a console slot as a balance, but chose to leave it up to the ship's captain as to whether the function was worth a console slot or not since many captains buy a ship for the "look" or Boff layout more than the extra functions.

At this point, the only thing I find TRIBBLE with the Gal-X (& other "Cloak" ships) is that there is a difference between Cloak & Battle Cloak as far as when it can be activated. If a ship has cloak, the captain should be able to activate it at any time (cooldown respected of course). Now if you want to have Battle Cloak provide some additional bonus over Cloak...fine, but preventing activation in combat is just dumb.
  • Options
    xxxseadog117xxxxxxseadog117xxx Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Holy Necro.:eek:
    Kurland Here Kurland Here This is Kurland Kurland Kurland Here Kurland, Do you copy?

chiyoumiku wrote: »
    Here's a Tissue for your Issue.