What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (February 27, 2014) [Complete!]

Comments

• Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Because the Federation cannot enter anything in the Omega Leonis Sector Block, even if they are granted access to enter it.

Funny because on my fed main i have all four clusters around omega leonis completed and have for some time.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Meh, I tried to do my part and play KDF, I really did.

I even try to go back sometimes.

My KDF was my main for a year. I was dedicated entirely to playing red team.

There comes a point when you see the writing on the wall and realize it doesn't matter how dedicated you are, they are not dedicated to you. They don't fix the bugs, they gorge the blue team with features and fixes and items, and then have the nerve to say that there is no incentive for them to fix the red team because nobody plays it... Of course nobody plays it... One can only feel like a second class citizen for so long before you finally say enough is enough.

I sympathize with those affected, but I learned my lesson years ago. The only way to deal with KDF bugs is to forget them.

I'll just hop in a mirror ship when I need to get away from the Federation.
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • Options
    spoondogglespoondoggle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    tyne123 wrote: »
    It's funny, that you always read complaints.

The one thing i've learned in my many years of MMORPG gaming experience(Started back in 1996). Is things don't always go to plan, Always do events as fast as possible. As you never know what's round the corner.

I mean i could complain that my STO account is really 4 years Old and i can't post on the forums! :)

You and I? We should form an alliance! The Preorder... Pirates? Hmm, no. The 'Onourable Organisation Of Oldies!
    We could campaign for the recognition of our status as antediluvian STO gamers (I'm sure there's something to compare to a flood at some point over the past four years) and smile knowing as the noobs complain about how it's all been going downhill since day one. (Seriously guys, you think ground combat is frustrating today? You should've seen it four years ago. Massive improvement.)
    I'm not a Romulan doctor, but I play one on STO.
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    capnkirk4 wrote: »
    You realize discussing prior suspensions, and bans, violates the forum ToS, and is punishable by suspension, and/or banning, right?

Really? Damn it.

Guess I'll go back and edit that all out.

Thanks.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    kimmym wrote: »
    Meh, I tried to do my part and play KDF, I really did.

I even try to go back sometimes.

My KDF was my main for a year. I was dedicated entirely to playing red team.

There comes a point when you see the writing on the wall and realize it doesn't matter how dedicated you are, they are not dedicated to you. They don't fix the bugs, they gorge the blue team with features and fixes and items, and then have the nerve to say that there is no incentive for them to fix the red team because nobody plays it... Of course nobody plays it... One can only feel like a second class citizen for so long before you finally say enough is enough.

I sympathize with those affected, but I learned my lesson years ago. The only way to deal with KDF bugs is to forget them.

I'll just hop in a mirror ship when I need to get away from the Federation.

Yeah, I feel you on that one. I rolled up a Gorn and did my best to get into the KDF. Kitted him out, got him a JHDC and Timeship shuttle. Spared no expense on him and just went for it. I eventually found my way back to the blue side after some time. I still mess around on him from time to time, but in the end he's just an alt dil farmer with uber gear. Wish it wasn't like that though.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    tyne123tyne123 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You and I? We should form an alliance! The Preorder... Pirates? Hmm, no. The 'Onourable Organisation Of Oldies!
    We could campaign for the recognition of our status as antediluvian STO gamers (I'm sure there's something to compare to a flood at some point over the past four years) and smile knowing as the noobs complain about how it's all been going downhill since day one. (Seriously guys, you think ground combat is frustrating today? You should've seen it four years ago. Massive improvement.)

Haha Ground combat made me laugh so hard. Yes i'm enjoying ground combat more today heh!
  • Options
    tyne123tyne123 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    lan451 wrote: »
    Yeah, I feel you on that one. I rolled up a Gorn and did my best to get into the KDF. Kitted him out, got him a JHDC and Timeship shuttle. Spared no expense on him and just went for it. I eventually found my way back to the blue side after some time. I still mess around on him from time to time, but in the end he's just an alt dil farmer with uber gear. Wish it wasn't like that though.

You know four years ago, KDF had absolutely nothing! I pretty much had to level in Nebulas! Be thankful for what you have :D
  • Options
    stardate336914stardate336914 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I agree with the below quote. Like many we found ourselves extremely busy the first several weeks and have spent the last 14 days playing party patrol so we could get our Qmendations. This is a huge issue.

You do realize you can buy the rest with lobi crystals right? 40 qmendations is at best 2-3 lockboxes.
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You realize discussing prior suspensions, and bans, violates the forum ToS, and is punishable by suspension, and/or banning, right?

Disparaging the boot is a bootable offense! It's one of their proudest traditions!
    <3
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,530 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The beef that most players have is that bugs, especially an outfit bug, shouldn't take the better part of a year to fix. If you don't have the talent in-house to do so, then you hire an Ace from outside to get it done. As big as PWE is, the resources to get this done shouldn't be a problem. Cryptic has a system for reporting bug tickets. Not only that, but their Community Manager should be routinely policing the forums for threads that mention bugs. So claiming ignorance is not an option. Here's an idea, maybe their Community Manager should start a Bug Report list and give a status update every week. That's his job isn't it, keeping the community informed? I think it's amusing that the patch notes only mention 3 or 4 "known Issues", when everybody here knows that's not true.

Very well stated! +1 for someone keeping a full list of bugs and considtently pestering hte STO team to actually get some of them fixed.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Green light on launcher.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited February 2014

EDIT: Forget it, I confused your posting with someone else. Sorry ^^'
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    ridddickxxxridddickxxx Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    vedauwoo wrote: »
    You forgot something.......

Known Issues:

Equipped personal weapons disappear when not in motion or an action stance......

That

Not sure what is going on
    2nhfgxf.jpg
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    tyne123 wrote: »
    You know four years ago, KDF had absolutely nothing! I pretty much had to level in Nebulas! Be thankful for what you have :D

Oh I was there in those dark, dark days. I had to level my first Klingon 100% through PvP. It was brutal man. Brutal. :P
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    KDF side is actually my favorite. Klingon Foundry content is some of the best in the game.

But TEHO.
  • Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Maintenance is now complete! Thanks for your patience. We'll see you back in-game!

~CaptainSmirk
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Maintenance is now complete! Thanks for your patience. We'll see you back in-game!

~CaptainSmirk

Thanks, Smirk! I loves my new inventory slots!
  • Options
    torsten1009torsten1009 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited February 2014

~CaptainSmirk
    Got a request to upgrade this to 2.5 hours. I swear I am not Scotty-ing the time :)

~CaptainSmirk

It still looks like Scotties trick :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If Star Trek Online was an Open-Source (GPL) Game, we would have a low-grind fork.
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Okay. You may think it needs to be addressed first, but you're not a dev for STO so your input on what needs to be done first is irrelevant.

And that sword cuts both ways, you irrelevant non-dev you. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Trevor my dear boy question; what is with all the galaxy-x pics on the official facebook site? Come on don't be cryptic about things!
  • Options
    seabee22ndseabee22nd Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    i say what a crock of TRIBBLE, youi take away our hourly events on the idea, that it was going to make every weekend event, well here we are with another weekend of nothingness and once more a total waste of a weekend with foundry missions, what exactly am i paying for monthly, i am close to leaving this game if things dont straighten up.
  • Options
    mythicfablesmythicfables Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm so frustrated right now... I'm not sure what to do.

I've been horribly sick for two weeks. Even so I put in the time to make sure I got all my daily Q runs in. All I had left to do was to do a playthrough of the featured ep to get the missing 400 qmendations in order to get my ship. I just finished the mission. It gave me all my mission rewards except the qmendations.

...how am I supposed to get the ship now? The event is still going at this moment and yet I've already done the featured ep and grinded Q missions for 15 days and I'm still 400 items short of completing the project to actually claim my ship.

I'm honestly so upset it's making me sick to my stomach. Doing all the grinding while I've been sick was really difficult, and now it feels like all that work was pointless when my klingon can't claim her ship in the end, even though I put in all the work on time.

=(
  • Options
    hillbrowhitmnhillbrowhitmn Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The 4 year anniversary mission “A Step Between Stars” has been moved to the Solanae Dyson Sphere tab in the Episodes list.
    It is now a level 50 episode.
    It no longer rewards Qmendation marks.
    Rewards still include choosing 1 of the three new Dyson Space set pieces.
    Replay rewards also include the choice for a Dilithium Ore Container.

Since I have work and can't play much, I still managed to gather 600 of those commendations during this event on my chars I play.
    I got back home today from work and tried to do the mission fast on my last character that needs it but at the end of the mission where I had to fight incoming ships the server whent down.
    I still hope I am eligable to get the 400 commendations as I was already busy with the mission.
    If I log on after maintenance to see that the 400 commendations is removed from the mission I will be very unhappy :(

All in all good work further and hopefully in march we will have a break from all the farming and that we can play the game a bit untill the next farm.

Well the mission is reset so I can't continue where I left off and the ship is gone from the rewards, I cba anymore, all my work for nothing, am thinking of just letting the game go. I did my best getting the commendations and try to have time doing it as a poor gamer that I am in this corrupt society we can't even get a break in games. I hold nothing against you guys it's just a shame their are no thoughts in the very little details like I subscribed above. Next to it that I just have no time for farming games I just best stop playing STO and try another game where I can hop in and play without having to think about any grinding or farming. Peace all and hf I have some thinking to do.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I thought the featured ep was supposed to be playable and return it's mission rewards including the 400 qmendations until the event ended? Why would they patch the featured ep out while the event is still running? If the event is over, why does it say it's still active?

This was the option that Smirk gave to the people who got confused by the server maintenance times versus the end of the event... that when maintenance ended they could still finish their mission and claim rewards so long as the event was still active. And yet I'm still stuck with no reward for all the work.

It sounds like there's some serious miscommunication going on between the teams handling maintenance and the people handling event planning and public news announcements.

I hope there's still a way for me to claim my mission rewards. :(
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    KDF side is actually my favorite. Klingon Foundry content is some of the best in the game.

But TEHO.

Hey Worffan, I actually started a KDF one two month ago. The character is based on your looks.
  • Options
    blevokblevok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ok, my plan was to do the mission as the last thing on my other 2 characters, so i logged in right after the maintenance today and discovered i couldnt pick up the mission, it seemed to have already been moved to the mission journal. now i have 600 Qs in a slotted project and can't finish... awesome.
    Fleet: Stargate-Union
    Pizza: Pepperoni
    Kalek shel'tek!

"Do not make me look foolish by allowing yourself to be murdered" -Lord Yu
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    blevok wrote: »
    ok, my plan was to do the mission as the last thing on my other 2 characters, so i logged in right after the maintenance today and discovered i couldnt pick up the mission, it seemed to have already been moved to the mission journal. now i have 600 Qs in a slotted project and can't finish... awesome.

You're not the only one. This is very frustrating.

CaptainSmirk said here ( http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=15376961&postcount=22 ) that we should still be able to gain the mission rewards, but the mission was patched during server maintenance before the event ended.

Not sure what to do about it. I hope Cryptic will do something to compensate us the missing 400 points so we can finish are projects. I mean it should be on record that the mission was completed on time...

If the featured ep was going to be patched out at 7:00, then why do all the news posts say it can be played till 10:00 when the event actually ended?
This discussion has been closed.