test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (February 27, 2014) [Complete!]

pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, February 27th, at 7AM PST (click here to view in your timezone) for our weekly scheduled maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to last for 2.5 hours. The test server, launcher and access to manage your account may also be unavailable during some portions of the maintenance.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yaaayy! NVM what I said after that
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2014
    More slots and one more surprise

GET HYPE X100000
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Very nice. Trevor/Smirk, can you tell the dev team I love them, please?

All in all, a very satisfying-looking patch.
    edited February 2014
    Sadly, the patch notes aren't as big as I expected.

Off-topic, unlike most other players, I can't wait til' Arc is the new launcher!
  • saucersepsaucersep Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Why do you advertise events, such as the 4-year, ending on the 27th at 10:00am, when you are planing on making the servers unavailable at 7:00am?

I need one more Party Patrol, and the next cooldown is up at 9:15am, but now I will not be able to complete it without buying keys to get Lobi, which I am not inclined to do.
  • xaosmg123xaosmg123 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    HUGE PROBLEM devs...

Since your first 4th anniversary announcement, you have said that we have until Thursday February 27th at 11am PST to get our qmendations done.

Now i just read that you are starting your maintenance at 7am PST - which means that alllllllll the players who have been doing party patrol for the last 14 days in a row, making sure they would be online to get the last party patrol done tomorrow before 11am pst - ARE NOW SCREWED!!!

I love STO and I have never complained once - but really???

Are you going to give players an extra 40 qmendations for changing the maintenance start time? Or maybe give us the 40qmendations for having the server down almost a whole day after 4th anniversary started.

Please do something - I know im not the only one that just wasted 2 weeks+ and am only 40 qmendations away
  • mikec1013mikec1013 Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Why is it that you continue to ignore the issue about the KDF not being able to enter Delta Volanis?
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I see still not even a sign of confirmation about the 'Season 8 graphical glitch' under known issues. Should we take it that you guys consider the graphics crashing on a huge portion of your playerbase since S8 launch as a non issue or we should all just pretend it doesn't exist? :confused:

Also the KDF costume thing is getting ridiculous. Hopefully the KDF players will be able to wear all their uniforms at least once again before the game shuts down. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Yeah, the previous fellow poster just reminded me - is the KDF not having access to Delta Volanis a non-issue as well? Seriosly guys, your priorities seem completely messed up.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    saucersep wrote: »
    Why do you advertise events, such as the 4-year, ending on the 27th at 10:00am, when you are planing on making the servers unavailable at 7:00am?

I need one more Party Patrol, and the next cooldown is up at 9:15am, but now I will not be able to complete it without buying keys to get Lobi, which I am not inclined to do.

If it's over at 9 am like they expect it to, then you'll have time to jump on and get the last party patrol.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
    edited February 2014
    Just let me know if you will be sending players enough Lobi to get 40 qmendations tomorrow, orgiving us 40 qmendations per character because this is ridiculous.

And it is 10am PST, not 11am PST like i said - so thats 3 hours before you are supposed to start maintenance.

Please fix this asap and push it back to 10am pst like you have stated for the last 25+ days, or give players 40 qmendations per character.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Still no fix for KDF uniforms, eh?

Everything else looks good.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
    edited February 2014
    vegeta, the maintenance is to add the patched stuff, fixes and REMOVE the anniversary event and ability to do party patrol - so every1 who has been believing what cryptic says matters - is screwed.

At 9am PST ill be able to do party patrol - thinking id have time because it only takes a few mins, and ive seen HUNDREDS of players today talking about doing their past PP tomorrow morning before maintenance.

And now we are scewed. Cryptic, u cant just change things like this when you have people grind for 15days in arow. Remember, some people cant get online and play every single day. So some players needed that full 25 days. Technically 23 1/2 day because of the server being down a few days after launch and TRIBBLE us tomorrow.
  • kaiserkactokaiserkacto Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Finally more inventory/banks slots! :D
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    The deeds of men remain the same..."
    12701.png
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Got a request to upgrade this to 2.5 hours. I swear I am not Scotty-ing the time :)

~CaptainSmirk
    edited February 2014
    Got a request to upgrade this to 2.5 hours. I swear I am not Scotty-ing the time :)

~CaptainSmirk

Smirk, I don't care how long it takes if you guys can actually fix some of those bugs.

Also, some players seem to be concerned about their ability to get Qmendations--and I must say that I am confused by the early maintenance. Are you going to move the time back to 10 PST?
  • atlmyklatlmykl Member Posts: 305 Arc User1
    edited February 2014

Download arc, get 20 lobi, worth about 60 qmendations. Or spend a massive $5 to get 4 keys to get the lobi you need. If you cannot afford $5 then I do not know who can help you.
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    We all cool down and watch THIS http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CCQrD3qDcwA
    edited February 2014
    I already have Arc, so no free lobi there. Also, i have one character per faction - 3 total that I have been doing the party patrol mission on.

Money is also not a problem, but its the principle. After spending 14days doing the party patrol, the last day it gets moved up three hours? Thats just not right. Many players dont play mmos EVERY DAY. We go online when we can. And believing that the maintenance would start at 10am pst (1pm for me in nyc) i set things up so i would have plenty of time to get on and do the missions for the last 40 lobi i needed.

Its just really messed up. i need 120 lobi and spending 15bucks or more is not right for a "free ship"

I love everything about this game and i enjoy all the things that all the "vocal minority" crybabies whine and complain about. But this is not right at all.

Lets hope the devs realize the mistake they are making and give players 40 qmendations per character, or enough lobi to get 40 qmendations on each character they have.
  • saucersepsaucersep Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    - The Star Trek Online Team[/QUOTE]
    atlmykl wrote: »
    Download arc, get 20 lobi, worth about 60 qmendations. Or spend a massive $5 to get 4 keys to get the lobi you need. If you cannot afford $5 then I do not know who can help you.

I never said anything about not being able to afford it, I choose not to. The issue is the posted end time for the event vs the server down time.

Install ARC? lol
    edited February 2014
    ]I never said anything about not being able to afford it, I choose not to. The issue is the posted end time for the event vs the server down time.

Install ARC? lol

Arc is a good thing.
    edited February 2014
    Hey everyone,

First off, sorry to everyone who is concerned about not being able to get their last Q's Party Patrol in before the end of the event. If we get maintenance done early (which we have been able to do the last few weeks) then you should have enough time to get one more run done before the events ends. I will cross my fingers for everyone!

If not, I really do apologize. I know how tough it is finding enough time to play.

Maintenance normally begins at 7AM Thursdays, so this isn't an "early" maintenance, not sure if that was what some posts meant.

The Anniversary Event will officially end at 10AM. I am not able to push it back, that is beyond my powers :(

FINISH THE MISSION AN TURN IT IN BEFORE 10AM, if you put off playing until after maintenance ends. Play the mission asap before it ends, for your 400 QMendations.

Thanks for the feedback about this though. Now that I am running the show, I am going to change the way we post these announcements so it's clearer and players can plan around the schedule.

Good luck captains!

~CaptainSmirk
    edited February 2014
    Thanks, Smirk! You rock!

*obligatory proposal*

:D
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,443 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Why did you wait so long to start running Party Patrols? I sat it out for about a week, until I decided to get the Dyson ship on one toon, I missed a couple of days in there somewhere, and I finished up yesterday.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yeaaahh Trevor, you really need to be more specific.

I would go with a detailed list of timezones sorted by: continent, country, state, gender and what ranking the last Beyonce song had.
    edited February 2014
    It said the Anniversary event ends at 10am. Thinking logically that at 10am would be when maintenance was, because its silly to think you guys would have maintenance, then keep the anniversary event up, then another patch to take the event down.

Now if the announcement said "anniversary event will end at 7am when maintenance starts" that makes more sense. People whose cooldowns end at before 10am pst thought they would have enough time.

Cant say that the anniversary ends at 10am pst, when technically it will end at 7am PST(with possibly an extra 30-60 mins extra time before it ends again at 10am pst) if you understand what Im saying,

And to the others who asked - I dont play mmorpgs every single day lol. if I did, I would get burnt out from playing wayyy too much or run around rushing through content - bitter and jaded like many we see on the server nowadays. I have been logging in daily to make sure I had enough time to do the 15days in a row.

Also, the server was down almost 24hrs a few days after the anniversary event launched - so we only had 24 days, not 25
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The maximum number of personal inventory and bank slots has been increased:

(...)

The Transwarp to Fleet Spire power no longer shows an unnecessary buff icon in space.

Haha! It's like you devs actually listened to us! :) Good job on both of these!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hey everyone,

First off, sorry to everyone who is concerned about not being able to get their last Q's Party Patrol in before the end of the event. If we get maintenance done early (which we have been able to do the last few weeks) then you should have enough time to get one more run done before the events ends. I will cross my fingers for everyone!

If not, I really do apologize. I know how tough it is finding enough time to play.

Maintenance normally begins at 7AM Thursdays, so this isn't an "early" maintenance, not sure if that was what some posts meant.

The Anniversary Event will officially end at 10AM. I am not able to push it back, that is beyond my powers :(

FINISH THE MISSION AN TURN IT IN BEFORE 10AM, if you put off playing until after maintenance ends. Play the mission asap before it ends, for your 400 QMendations.

Thanks for the feedback about this though. Now that I am running the show, I am going to change the way we post these announcements so it's clearer and players can plan around the schedule.

Good luck captains!

~CaptainSmirk

Wow. You're going to make them cut it real close.

~CaptainSmirk

This pushes maintenance to 9:30 AM pacific, leaving them with 30 minutes to log in and get it done.

And if that was a reference to the conversation between Scotty and Geordi, then you're gonna Geordi up the maintenance, which means when you say 2.5 hours you *mean* 2.5 hours.
    Lt. Commander Geordi La Forge: Look, Mr. Scott, I'd love to explain everything to you, but the Captain wants this spectrographic analysis done by 1300 hours.

[La Forge goes back to work; Scotty follows slowly]

Scotty: Do you mind a little advice? Starfleet captains are like children. They want everything right now and they want it their way. But the secret is to give them only what they need, not what they want.

Lt. Commander Geordi La Forge: Yeah, well, I told the Captain I'd have this analysis done in an hour.

Scotty: How long will it really take?

Lt. Commander Geordi La Forge: An hour!

Scotty: Oh, you didn't tell him how long it would *really* take, did ya?

Lt. Commander Geordi La Forge: Well, of course I did.

Scotty: Oh, laddie. You've got a lot to learn if you want people to think of you as a miracle worker.
  • vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Arc is a good thing.

Seriously. Are you like Cryptic personal Arc cheerleader?
  • mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Cry me a river.... give the guy a break! This is nothing new... events that end on Thursday have always ended at 1pm eastern/10am pst even though maintenance is done at its usual time. You had 27.5 days to do a mission 15 times on a 20 hour cooldown. While I empathize you should have planned accordingly. If you miss your last day you can still use lobi and for one day shouldn't be anymore than 20 lobi and as few as 10. Branflakes even eluded in the beginning posts you had 25 days +\- just because maintenance would you occur on a few of the days.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
    edited February 2014
    Yeaaahh Trevor, you really need to be more specific.

I would go with a detailed list of timezones sorted by: continent, country, state, gender and what ranking the last Beyonce song had.

LoL I shall en devour to do so next time.

That gave me and BranFlakes a serious chuckle :) Bravo!

~CaptainSmirk
This discussion has been closed.