test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (February 27, 2014) [Complete!]

Comments

• karhaekarhae Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    mikec1013 wrote: »
    Why is it that you continue to ignore the issue about the KDF not being able to enter Delta Volanis?

Either:
    1. They are too busy trying to ram ARC down everyone's throat to bother fixing major bugs in the game itself.
    2. They have already planned the 4th anniversary event for the DV bug and don't want to waste all that planning by fixing the bug before its anniversary event.
  • orici1701orici1701 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    Oh wow, that was not nearlly enough selfish and egoistic. I bet you can be more selfish and egoistic than that!

what ever u think its still not a important bug when their are many worse ones out their.
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    saucersep wrote: »
    Why do you advertise events, such as the 4-year, ending on the 27th at 10:00am, when you are planing on making the servers unavailable at 7:00am?

I need one more Party Patrol, and the next cooldown is up at 9:15am, but now I will not be able to complete it without buying keys to get Lobi, which I am not inclined to do.

They do that all the time. The did that with the klingon ship gift time ago as well. I needed 1 more day to level my klingon toon and they just stole 6 hours to do so. As i said tons of times, never trust what cryptic say.

Again, another stupid patch. They dont fix almost anything important, but they gift us more inventory slots, just for us to be happy. I must be the only one here who is aware of this behaviour that is repeating since ages ago.

Too many cryptic workers here repeating the words "great patch cryptic, i love you!!". I cant imagine why someone will say that if the patch is not even better than the last one and it comes with no fixes at all. Unbelievable.
  • mrlizardomrlizardo Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Sweet giblets and gravy! The KDF captains will have to keep wearing the same musty, dusty outfits FOREVER? How will we wash our soiled unmentionables!? Surely this will be the DOWNFALL OF THE EMPIRE! (cue dramatic music DUN DUN DUUUNNNNN)

But I will take your extra slots and then leave. P'tooey! Ha ha ha ha!
    sarkasmo_by_spacepope13-d9rcbjs.jpg

"You seem to have gotten some of your blood in my raktajino. This is unfortunate."
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    orici1701 wrote: »
    what ever u think its still not a important bug when their are many worse ones out their.

Except that people paid real money for those slots and then can't access them. Not having access to something that you paid for is kind of a big deal.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Our weekly scheduled maintenance has begun! We expect downtime to last for 2.5 hours and I will post again once it is complete. Thanks!

~CaptainSmirk
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Oh, no!! And I only needed 1 more QMendation!!!!!! :D

J/K. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • diabolicaltroopdiabolicaltroop Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I was in the last set of battles with the Undine on " Step between the stars" when the server dropped I guess I will now loose all my progess. I guess I will just have to run it again. :(
    KDF Ancient House of Seplch
    Dahar Master "Epitai" Kelrok son of Pok Seplch House Leader Tactical
    General Babd Grace O'Malley House Seplch Science Officer
    Fleet Admiral Quintus Savat House Seplch Tactical Officer
  • chaosgod777chaosgod777 Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    To any and all people here who are or will bother to gripe about the downtime due to the aniversery time thing...Cryptic has always historically done maintainance for everything including events at 7am. this is no surprise or a big change. If you look at the history of the game or any previous patch notes you see it has always gone down at 7am on maintaince day. next time plan better and ahead! This has been going on for the last month, you mean to tell me you missed the pretty banners the first 15 days? and dont spil me TRIBBLE about "I didn't have time", the daily took about 5-10 minutes at maximum to do each day. and all players were warned a week ahead of time what level it took to start it. The whining is kind of sad and completely pointless.

I didn't want to comeand write a small rant but there are certain things I can't ignore, like blatent stupididy! You chose to wait till the very last second, you have no one to blame but yourself...get over it!
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited February 2014

True, there are the likes of the 'Season 8 graphical glitch' that is gamebreaking and not being adresssed. However, as lan451 said:
    lan451 wrote: »
    Except that people paid real money for those slots and then can't access them. Not having access to something that you paid for is kind of a big deal.

To pay for a service and not have it provided is a very big deal. The fact that it's 9 months old is making it an even bigger deal. And to have them tinkering with really not so importnat stuff like the tails in EV suits is what's making it worse, and this is comming from a guy with 6 cat characters.
    HQroeLu.jpg
    edited February 2014

costume slots are free, u dont pay for them lol but then again theres not many KDF unifomrs so u would pay for more if u could again hardly a important patch lol

sorry but thats life and take it or leave it
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I also have a caitian captain and 2 caitian boffs. But i dont care about the tail and the ev suit, for god sake. That is not important. Every week we have a useless patch that fix NOTHING but minor things. So i wonder, if this going to keep this way until the end of the days??

What about the loadout system??? implemented 1 week ago, bugged as hell, and not even 1 single comment about it?? well, i guess the loadout system will be bugged forever then, is im afraid lol.

We all appreciate the free gifts, but when they come to just make people happy for the things cryptic is avoiding since the beginnings of times, there is no gift that works. Sorry.
  • sammiefightersammiefighter Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Now that I am running the show, I am going to change the way we post these announcements so it's clearer and players can plan around the schedule.

Good luck captains!

~CaptainSmirk

Well it's a simple fix that could have been done years ago.

Stop advertising that the events end on patch day! :eek:

Just let the time between 'midnight' and time to patch be bonus time. I've already learned not to trust patch day event time as a 'day'

Pass this along to your partners in NW and CO
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    costume slots are free, u dont pay for them lol but then again theres not many KDF unifomrs so u would pay for more if u could again hardly a important patch lol

Costume slots are free? lol :D :P

You have no clue what you're talking about, do you? You're just trolling. Good for ya', that shows a lot of character. :rolleyes:
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • vedauwoovedauwoo Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You forgot something.......

Known Issues:

Equipped personal weapons disappear when not in motion or an action stance......
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Unfortunately, that's not true, Costume Slots cost like 600 Zen each time you want to get some, unless you mean the default amount which is 2 excluding the Fleet costume slot. There's your Uniform slot and then an extra slot, if you are referring to the default amount of costume slots. However, anything above the default amount costs Zen.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • precharprechar Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Bank and inventory increase, about time, however I'm guessing it just to increase revenue . Bonus experience and foundry weekends, no interested to me at all so no extra time spent playing STO those weekends, just the normal daily Dilithium missions. My main character has over 47 million experience, and Reputation marks for playing the foundry, god no. Foundry only good for kill accolades and farming ec. The news of these Bonus weekend is very disturbing, does this mean Bonus Dilithium weekend only occurs every 2 months or more? :eek:

That is indeed what it means :)
    It's your world Boss I'm just a squirrel trying to get a nut!
    edited February 2014

All costume slots are definitely not free. You get a handful for free and then have to pay for more. That's why people are upset. They paid for those slot expansions and now cannot use them.

As far as KDF uniforms go, there's quite a bit there. You have the free sets that everyone gets (TOS, leather, targ fur) and then you have other sets like the Veteran costume pieces, Omega force, KHG, and Dyson Heavy Armor. You also have fleet costumes like Bortasqu', Miner, Romulan senator, and Dyson Spire outfits. KDF have access to quite a bit of costumes. Just because you don't see them doesn't mean they aren't there.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • arazonsarazons Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    xaosmg123 wrote: »
    Hey that works for me - if the maintenance IS indeed 2.5hrs.

To MikeFl - not 27.5, only 25 days, minus the daily of server being down - so 24 days. Also, remember A LOT of people dont play mmos for 10hrs a day every day, or log in every single day.

And yes, I should have done the party patrols starting the first day, but again, I dont get to play games every single day (i wish i had that amount of free time)

As for Lobi, theres no way of ever knowing how many Lobi you will get in a lockbox when opened, and its 40lobi per character. I'm not psycho and play 20 characters - I have one rom, one kdf and one fed - not a lot. i usually just do everything on one. But it comes down to what was said in the announcement.

Think of it like this. Burger King says " free whopper with purchase of fries- special ends at midnight. And then the day before they say "oh btw we are closing for 2 1/2 hrs starting at 9pm" ur gonna wonder why that is. So they should have just stated that special ENDS when they closed the doors(ie when cryptic starts maintenance)

Also, i know that maintenance is at the same time every thursday, but when tehre are special updates/events/etc those maintenance times change. And considering the 27th IS the 25th day of the anniversary, you would think things would be set so maintenance adds the patch that removes the event. But thats not the case. they are taking server down at 7am pst, then bringing server up at 930am pst - then at 10am pst there will be a magical insta-patch that immediately makes all the anniversary missions and stuff just disappear.

I have a feeling that the maintenance WILL end the anniversary event, regardless of lasting 30mins or 3hrs - because it doesnt make sense otherwise. I hope I'm wrong so i can jump on when server is up til 10am pst to do my 3 pp runs.

Anyways, i appreciate the feedback from our TWo community managers (2? wow, first mmo ever with 2 at the same time! )

I can understand not being able to finish something and being frustrated about it. But as far as not logging in to spend 5 minutes (not 10 hours) for a grand total of 15/25 days is not PW's fault. That is your own for not planning accordingly. If you would have taken the time when it is/was available you wouldn't be in this situation. If you fail to pony up 5 dollars for it, that again is your choice, but also your problem.
    edited February 2014
    All costume slots are definitely not free. You get a handful for free and then have to pay for more. That's why people are upset. They paid for those slot expansions and now cannot use them.

As far as KDF uniforms go, there's quite a bit there. You have the free sets that everyone gets (TOS, leather, targ fur) and then you have other sets like the Veteran costume pieces, Omega force, KHG, and Dyson Heavy Armor. You also have fleet costumes like Bortasqu', Miner, Romulan senator, and Dyson Spire outfits. KDF have access to quite a bit of costumes. Just because you don't see them doesn't mean they aren't there.

lol calling people trolls and stuff cos u lot paid for costume slots, the extra ones yea but their are free ones. u lot dont knwo what ur talking about and DONT CALL PEIOPLE TROLLS WHO ARE NOT THEM...

again its not a important bug when there are more important bugs lol.. what a waste of zen when the kdf dont have many outfits to start with

lol for shame for shame n00bies for shame n00bies
    edited February 2014
    lol calling people trolls and stuff cos u lot paid for costume slots, the extra ones yea but their are free ones. u lot dont knwo what ur talking about and DONT CALL PEIOPLE TROLLS WHO ARE NOT THEM...

again its not a important bug when there are more important bugs lol.. what a waste of zen when the kdf dont have many outfits to start with

lol for shame for shame n00bies for shame n00bies

Please point out where I called you a troll in my posts. I'll wait.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Procrastination... Punishable with a fine of 5-25 Lobi...

:)
    CM

p.s. oh, and it was shpoks that called orici a troll...

p.p.s. I get a big kick out of reading these forums and the things people get worked up over...
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
    edited February 2014
    lagain its not a important bug when there are more important bugs lol.. what a waste of zen when the kdf dont have many outfits to start with
    It may not be an important bug to you, but to some, it's very important, because they paid to have the extra costume slots and are unable to use them. Perhaps you should try to see it from their perspective.
  • tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2014

People can pay for more costume slots, if they've paid for them then yes it's a big deal. Of course you can get them by grinding or use just the 3 free slots, but if people have paid it makes it a big deal.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Uh oh, more freebies. You know what this means. Cryptic's about to throw something really nasty at us in the coming weeks... :P

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE, I assume that these increases (ships slots, bank slots, inventory slots, loadouts) to our accounts lately means that the servers were upgraded to handle more player data? :)
    edited February 2014
    It may not be an important bug to you, but to some, it's very important, because they paid to have the extra costume slots and are unable to use them. Perhaps you should try to see it from their perspective.

again sorry dont see it, STO has other important bugs that effect every1. that graphics bug for one that should be addressed first. u need some perspective.
  • hillbrowhitmnhillbrowhitmn Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The 4 year anniversary mission “A Step Between Stars” has been moved to the Solanae Dyson Sphere tab in the Episodes list.
    It is now a level 50 episode.
    It no longer rewards Qmendation marks.
    Rewards still include choosing 1 of the three new Dyson Space set pieces.
    Replay rewards also include the choice for a Dilithium Ore Container.

Since I have work and can't play much, I still managed to gather 600 of those commendations during this event on my chars I play.
    I got back home today from work and tried to do the mission fast on my last character that needs it but at the end of the mission where I had to fight incoming ships the server whent down.
    I still hope I am eligable to get the 400 commendations as I was already busy with the mission.
    If I log on after maintenance to see that the 400 commendations is removed from the mission I will be very unhappy :(

All in all good work further and hopefully in march we will have a break from all the farming and that we can play the game a bit untill the next farm.
    edited February 2014
    again sorry dont see it, STO has other important bugs that effect every1. that graphics bug for one that should be addressed first. u need some perspective.
    Okay. You may think it needs to be addressed first, but you're not a dev for STO so your input on what needs to be done first is irrelevant.
    edited February 2014
    Okay. You may think it needs to be addressed first, but you're not a dev for STO so your input on what needs to be done first is irrelevant.

by that logic then so is every1 who posts on this that does not work for PWE lol
    edited February 2014

At this point, I don't think he wants to see it despite evidence to the contrary. Even though I posted a list of costumes that the KDF has access to, he still maintains that they don't have many. I actually forgot a few in there too. Things like the Korath uniform, off duty sets like the business suit, and specialty pieces like the Risian costumes. He just wants to keep his blinders on.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
This discussion has been closed.