test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (February 27, 2014) [Complete!]

Comments

• worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    LoL I shall en devour to do so next time.

That gave me and BranFlakes a serious chuckle :) Bravo!

~CaptainSmirk

We of worffan101 & organicmanfred, Incorporated, aim to please! We hope that you will consider us for your future humor needs.

;):P
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Seriously. Are you like Cryptic personal Arc cheerleader?

Nah; he's just suffering from tunnel vision, seeing everything within only a 45 degree Arc. :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • doalxkdoalxk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Arc is a good thing.

Said the borg to the unsuspecting humans.
  • xaosmg123xaosmg123 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hey that works for me - if the maintenance IS indeed 2.5hrs.

To MikeFl - not 27.5, only 25 days, minus the daily of server being down - so 24 days. Also, remember A LOT of people dont play mmos for 10hrs a day every day, or log in every single day.

And yes, I should have done the party patrols starting the first day, but again, I dont get to play games every single day (i wish i had that amount of free time)

As for Lobi, theres no way of ever knowing how many Lobi you will get in a lockbox when opened, and its 40lobi per character. I'm not psycho and play 20 characters - I have one rom, one kdf and one fed - not a lot. i usually just do everything on one. But it comes down to what was said in the announcement.

Think of it like this. Burger King says " free whopper with purchase of fries- special ends at midnight. And then the day before they say "oh btw we are closing for 2 1/2 hrs starting at 9pm" ur gonna wonder why that is. So they should have just stated that special ENDS when they closed the doors(ie when cryptic starts maintenance)

Also, i know that maintenance is at the same time every thursday, but when tehre are special updates/events/etc those maintenance times change. And considering the 27th IS the 25th day of the anniversary, you would think things would be set so maintenance adds the patch that removes the event. But thats not the case. they are taking server down at 7am pst, then bringing server up at 930am pst - then at 10am pst there will be a magical insta-patch that immediately makes all the anniversary missions and stuff just disappear.

I have a feeling that the maintenance WILL end the anniversary event, regardless of lasting 30mins or 3hrs - because it doesnt make sense otherwise. I hope I'm wrong so i can jump on when server is up til 10am pst to do my 3 pp runs.

Anyways, i appreciate the feedback from our TWo community managers (2? wow, first mmo ever with 2 at the same time! )
  • starsword1989starsword1989 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I do hope that the Reputation rewards to Foundry content remains permanent (provided it's for selected missions only).

That's a great way to bring attention to that side of the game. It'll give the developers the time to develop new content, whilst players could turn to the foundry without getting bored from the lack of new content during the development period.
  • aavariusaavarius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The timing of this means I'm going to be ONE Party Patrol shy of completing the event reputation. All that time for nothing.
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    • Caitian and Feresan tails no longer appear when wearing the Dyson EV suit.
    Did I misunderstand what was tested on Tribble? I thought the EV suits were fixed to actually accommodate the tails. Which suggests that the tails no longer disappear.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    psiameese wrote: »
    Did I misunderstand what was tested on Tribble? I thought the EV suits were fixed to actually accommodate the tails. Which suggests that the tails no longer disappear.

The purpose of an EV suit is to completely contain a body (and body parts) and protect it from extreme hazards like the vacuum of space. A tail sticking out of an EV suit would mean two things... a frozen tail and a major air leak in that EV suit.

No visual tail makes sense.:D
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited February 2014
    xaosmg123 wrote: »
    To MikeFl - not 27.5, only 25 days, minus the daily of server being down - so 24 days.

MikeFl is correct. We always mentioned that if you completed the FE for the 400 bonus Qmendations that you'd only need to complete it 15 days out of 25+. Event started 1/30 10AM PST, and it ends 2/27 at 10AM PST. That's 4 weeks, or 28 days.

Either way, crossing my fingers that you can get in after maintenance to complete your last party patrol.
    psiameese wrote: »

The tails were fixed to display on the Dyson armor. But are being removed from Dyson EV suits (who wants their tail out in the vacuum of space? :eek:)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    xaosmg123 wrote: »
    Also, the server was down almost 24hrs a few days after the anniversary event launched - so we only had 24 days, not 25

No, it wasn't, not ever during this event. There were problems the first evening, but that whole downtime might have added up to 6 hours. Any other downtime during this event has been for normal scheduled maintenance, and they cover themselves for this kind of thing right out of the gate in the dev blogs, like this:

http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/star-trek-online/detail/3031083-season-8-dev-blog-_45

It specifically says 25+ days in there, and we were told that the lower number was for just this sort of situation.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    mikefl Is Correct. We Always Mentioned That If You Completed The Fe For Te 400 Bonus Qmendations That You'd Only Need To Complete It 15 Days Out Of 25+. Event Started 1/30 10am Pst, And It Ends 2/27 At 10am Pst. That's 4 Weeks, Or 28 Days.

Either Way, Crossing My Fingers That You Can Get In After Maintenance To Complete Your Last Party Patrol.

The Tails Were Fixed To Display On The Dyson Armor. But Are Being Removed From Dyson Ev Suits (who Wants Their Tail Out In The Vacuum Of Space? :eek:)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Braaannnndddoooooooooon! Xd
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited February 2014

(who wants their tail out in the vacuum of space? :eek:)

I do... /10chars
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    MikeFl is correct. We always mentioned that if you completed the FE for the 400 bonus Qmendations that you'd only need to complete it 15 days out of 25+. Event started 1/30 10AM PST, and it ends 2/27 at 10AM PST. That's 4 weeks, or 28 days.

Either way, crossing my fingers that you can get in after maintenance to complete your last party patrol.

You're slipping. :P You meant to say: "Just install and try out Arc, and collect more than enough Lobi to finish the event in time... Then, afterwards, you can just uninstall it again." Okay, yeah, the last sentence was just *me* talking.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The tails were fixed to display on the Dyson armor. But are being removed from Dyson EV suits (who wants their tail out in the vacuum of space? :eek:)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I haven't seen the result of the Dyson armor. I assume that means the tails have their own enclosure? Much like an arm or a leg. Which, IMO, would be the case for any EV suit worn by a species with a tail. ;) Does anyone have a screen grab, maybe?
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • embrosilembrosil Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hmm, no fix for disappearing weapons. I reall hope it will not take them half a year to fix it...
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,403 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    Weren't they removed from the Dyson EV suits since the beginning?
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • krayuskorianiskrayuskorianis Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    mikec1013 wrote: »
    Why is it that you continue to ignore the issue about the KDF not being able to enter Delta Volanis?

Because the Federation cannot enter anything in the Omega Leonis Sector Block, even if they are granted access to enter it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    i3-2100 3.10GHz
    8GB Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM CL9
    ASUS DirectCU II GTX 660 OC 2GB GDDR5
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    KDF captains cannot switch to all costume slots.
    Grrr :mad:
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Awwww, I enjoyed my Tail Kebab every time I flown over the sun :D. It was too funny.
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thank You for putting in the Event Time Announcer link. :)
  • mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    embrosil wrote: »
    Hmm, no fix for disappearing weapons. I reall hope it will not take them half a year to fix it...

You mean disappearing from the back of the toon while using various stances? I know, I am a bit annoyed about that too. Lets hope its not forgotten like the one from the omega ground set, wich was never fixed :(

But still, nice patch with the new slots upgrades.
  • manjimarufinmanjimarufin Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The 4 year anniversary mission “A Step Between Stars” has been moved to the Solanae Dyson Sphere tab in the Episodes list.

It is now a level 50 episode.
    It no longer rewards Qmendation marks.
    Rewards still include choosing 1 of the three new Dyson Space set pieces.
    Replay rewards also include the choice for a Dilithium Ore Container.

Haha?! Looks like I managed to do this mission just in time day before yesterday.. I'm returning player, got back into the game couple days ago and did step between the stars as a Lt.com. Lucky me.

I have to say that the mission does 'feel' like a high-level episode with all thats going on in it, and I kinda like that its made so.
    edited February 2014
    Bank and inventory increase, about time, however I'm guessing it just to increase revenue . Bonus experience and foundry weekends, no interested to me at all so no extra time spent playing STO those weekends, just the normal daily Dilithium missions. My main character has over 47 million experience, and Reputation marks for playing the foundry, god no. Foundry only good for kill accolades and farming ec. The news of these Bonus weekend is very disturbing, does this mean Bonus Dilithium weekend only occurs every 2 months or more? :eek:
  • tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited February 2014

The farce continues... :mad:
  • orici1701orici1701 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    tinead51 wrote: »

The farce continues... :mad:

oh well thats life, its not a important bug to fix...

on a side note good fix for the caitian with the EVA that was fixed thank you
  • ransom2375ransom2375 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    Also the KDF costume thing is getting ridiculous. Hopefully the KDF players will be able to wear all their uniforms at least once again before the game shuts down. :rolleyes:

My guess: If you go and visit Qo'noS around that time, it will look like a giant wedding on Betazed. :P

Maybe one or two 'homeless Klingons' in Khan outfits grumble around in the slums. And no Sto'Vo'Kor for them. They will land on the Arc of the Dead. :D
    Star Trek Online: Foundry 02.12.2010 - 11.04.2019
  • kublahkankublahkan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    KDF captains still cannot enter Delta Volanis.

They say it is a known issue but the original post is closed :
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=912691
    "Starship captains are like children. They want everything right now and they want it their way. The secret is to give them what they need, not what they want."
    - Scotty, to La Forge
  • pedrobobpedrobob Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Nice maintenance patch and thanks for the slots ! :cool:

I regret the server status, and the maintenance message on top of startrekonline.com ... :(

And also the hour event.. :(
    NO to ARC
This discussion has been closed.