Options

Cannot Enter Delta Volanis Cluster on KDF Alts *team is investigating*

Comments

• Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kublahkan wrote: »
    DV still inaccessible.

Would be nice to at least have someone from Cryptic acknowledge the issue...

Honestly, if by now they dont know, then there is really something wrong with the cryptic team... :eek:, but yo know they dont really care too much about bugs, so we could still be here for a while... xD.
  • Options
    constantin061constantin061 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I can't believe this simple bug is not fixed after 2 months.
  • Options
    xelkhasxelkhas Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Same here ...
  • Options
    eocyclotosauruseocyclotosaurus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Update: Still not working
  • Options
    kublahkankublahkan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Not listed in today's patch "known issues".
    "Starship captains are like children. They want everything right now and they want it their way. The secret is to give them what they need, not what they want."
    - Scotty, to La Forge
  • Options
    suiksagasuiksaga Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yes I found out today that I could not enter as a tier 4 marauder, I mean really is there no devs out there that can at lease tell us they know about, if not working on it at the moment /sigh
  • Options
    tom40stom40s Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Still can not get in to the delta volanis cluster I have been trying for weeks now and I keep checking the patch notes they are not even acknowledging that they are aware of the problem and have submitted several tickets are the Klingons no longer allowed in the delta volanis cluster what's going on? :mad:
  • Options
    olisjolisj Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    After so long since the issue started no fix. To my memory I've got over 5 purple doctors on my KDF captain in this cluster before the issue started and I don't remember ever having the raiding party buff (started it when I was tier 3 marauder).
  • Options
    revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    olisj wrote: »
    After so long since the issue started no fix. To my memory I've got over 5 purple doctors on my KDF captain in this cluster before the issue started and I don't remember ever having the raiding party buff (started it when I was tier 3 marauder).

Think of the poor guys who still can't switch their costumes after month.
    Its a KDF issue so... "why would we care..."
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Think of the poor guys who still can't switch their costumes after month.
    Its a KDF issue so... "why would we care..."

LOL. As if federation players didnt have enough bugs already.. you see, its all about BALANCE.. bugs balance.. :P
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Same here on my KDF Orion (haven't tested my other KDF characters) - Tier three, Sirius is okay, but it doesn't recognise Delta Voltanis at all, not even a 'We don't have permission to warp there".

I even tried using the new 'ship swap' system to switch my Orion from his Marauder FDC to a Klingon Raptor to see if maybe it was the ship or something - still nothing.

What bothers me is that I recall hearing something recently about 'removing' the Exploration Clusters completely and moving the Colonization chains to somewhere else, so there's the possibility that if I have heard right (which I can't be sure I have) they could just be not bothering to fix it since the clusters - including DV - would be getting removed anyway...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    arintalarintal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Everyone on channel i asked have this issue including me. Warp to dv window simply don't show.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Not in the "known issues" of today's patch...

!!
    "Starship captains are like children. They want everything right now and they want it their way. The secret is to give them what they need, not what they want."
    - Scotty, to La Forge
  • Options
    stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited February 2014

!!

Ugh

Come off it Cryptic, this bug has been going on for months now. At least pretend that you know about it and are working on it.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Ok This is the fourth post I think I have made to this thread. I have sent bug reports from all four of my KDF toons, and yes bran flakes I did it in the proper format. I paid 300 to become a gold member, and hundreds of dollars on Zen, and now money on Zen for never winter. I am not trying to be a jerk but I think this problem needs to be fixed and I do not care that its not effecting the fed side, there are plenty of people who play KDF toons and pay for Zen and/or are gold members. This needs to be fixed it has been months now that my KDF toons who can enter the sirus sector cannot enter the delta volanis cluster. This problem has not even been mentioned in the update page cryptic has not even acknowledge the problem yet. :confused:
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You know, bugs like this one, the KDF costumes and the S8 graphics glitch are what's really making me have issues taking Cryptic seriously as a company. It's also making me have issues about investing further funds in the game.

You see, I understand bugs that pop out, things that go wrong, etc. What I don't understand is players not being able to access a service they payed for for 9 months, what I don't understand is having a faction being denied access to a entire area in the game for several months or for players to be experiencing gamebreaking graphical issues for 4 months and nothing serious to be done about it.
    To me, this is simply unnaceptable and really trashes Cryptic's image in my eyes.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    schloopdooschloopdoo Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Chiming in with a Klingon character who cannot enter Delta Volanis, despite being at Marauding 4.

Just to make sure there wasn't a misunderstanding on my part, I asked a friend with a Federation toon with low Diplomacy to try to enter the T'Ong Nebula after I cast Raiding Party on his ship; he was able to enter it, without any hitches. The bug appears to be confined to KDF toons and the Delta Volanis border.
  • Options
    edited February 2014

!!

...again for 2014-02-20.

But hey they fixed this:
    • Federation bridge officers in space will now use the Origin bridge backgrounds in their dialog windows.
    • There were a number of them in Federation episodes using the old bridge background.

Did anyone even notice?
    - Scotty, to La Forge
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Did anyone care?

-edit- When was this moved into the Klingon Gameplay forum section? This is such a blatant bug, it doesn't belong here.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Did anyone even notice?

Cool. But they at least had a Federation bridge in backgorund.

How about my KDF Boffs that allways have a Federation bridge in background? Anyone notice that?
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    We still haven't even gotten an acknowledgement in patch updates yet? This has been going on for a few months now what's going on. I really do not understand ,there was nothing to say we were no longer allowed in the delta volanis cluster and if we have permission to enter the sirus sector, I do not see why we could not enter the cluster. What is really puzzling is that a lot of us have been passing on that Klingons can no longer enter the Delta Cluster and yet we have not even gotten as much as "we will look in to it."
  • Options
    petermikedpetermiked Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Members of the KDF (both Klingon and Romulan-aligned species) have been unable to enter Delta Volanis even when under Raiding Party Status for months. No dev notes for patches has ever listed this under acknowledged bugs, therefore I am re-posting.

The bug occurs when approaching Delta Volanis. There is no prompt given to enter the sector.

This occurs even if a person has Raiding Party status (rank 3 or 4 marauding).
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Indeed.

Zip. Nothing. Not even a "known issue".
    This post had been going for some time but it seems it was moved to Klingon Gameplay for... unknown reasons.
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=912691

We need to keep it alive.

Cheers
    - Scotty, to La Forge
  • Options
    revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Indeed.

Zip. Nothing. Not even a "known issue".
    This post had been going for some time but it seems it was moved to Klingon Gameplay for... unknown reasons.
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=912691

We need to keep it alive.

Cheers

It was moved there to make sure it can be ignored properly....
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    It was moved there to make sure it can be ignored properly....

You read my mind :D:D
  • Options
    mikec1013mikec1013 Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Fixing this doesn't make them any money. They're too busy making lock boxes and building 9 ships that 4 people are going to buy. Unless you want the fix to be in a box or in the c-store...
    If the KDF could get in and refine 16000 dilithium per day through some kind of bug or exploit then they'd take the server down to fix it.
  • Options
    atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    mikec1013 wrote: »
    Fixing this doesn't make them any money. They're too busy making lock boxes and building 9 ships that 4 people are going to buy. Unless you want the fix to be in a box or in the c-store...
    If the KDF could get in and refine 16000 dilithium per day through some kind of bug or exploit then they'd take the server down to fix it.
    Pessimistic much?

Another thing, if only 4 people were going to buy the Dyson ships, they wouldn't have made them; so I detect bitterness there that says if it's not what you want, it's completely worthless.
  • Options
    bemlegabemlega Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yeah. It's a shame.
    #Playing this game nearly since the start. Endured so many bugs. Buit this is even more annoying than "unfixable" bug - or is it a family of bugs? - for mail.

It keeps my KDFs from completing accolades i'm after.

Please, Cryptic : FIX IT!
  • Options
    koziniokozinio Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Well,

I have to say that this is rather weird. I mean preventing a whole faction from entering an exploration zone sounds to me like a rather important issue. I am not saying that a fix should have been made already (which probably would have been in a p2p game), but to get 0 responses from Cryptic feels odd to say the least.

Heres to hoping they at least acknowledge this and streamline a fix.