test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cannot Enter Delta Volanis Cluster on KDF Alts *team is investigating*

Comments

• generator88generator88 Member Posts: 698 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Chalk that one up to late-night memory lapse. I must not have done it, because I just tried right now and nada. I was able to get into Sirius sector easily enough, but it's almost like I can't "find the door" to Delta Volanis.

Naturally, my Fed character can get in without issue. See this? This is my "surprised" face...

Gen
    =================

I'm sure your DPS is great, but as Kahless said, "a petaQ with high system mastery is still a petaQ." (Well, he should have said it...!)
  • generator88generator88 Member Posts: 698 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hello,

KDF characters seem able to enter Sirius Sector block, but cannot from there get into Delta Volanis. They will just keep "pressing their nose against the glass," for lack of a better term.

Generator
    =================

I'm sure your DPS is great, but as Kahless said, "a petaQ with high system mastery is still a petaQ." (Well, he should have said it...!)
  • captainpanixcaptainpanix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yes, this is still a problem, for more than a month now.

And at a time when they say they are paying more attention to KDF, we get locked out of a valuable system for a MONTH, seriously?
  • maristonmariston Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    My Klingon Toon can't get into Delta Volcanis (She's been there many times before). The option doesn't appear to warp into the cluster.

Is anyone else having this issue?
  • darthwoodarthwoo Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It's been going on for well over a month. In all likelihood, this thread will be quietly shuffled into the one that I started, and we'll just wait for a resolution that should really be as simple as reapplying a dialogue triggered by entering a certain section of sector space, but which somehow will take months to fix.
  • stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have two KDF characters, both have tier 4 marauding and definitely have access to Sirius sector block. But neither seem able to visit Delta Volanis.

I used to be able to, because I did doffing there. But I tried going just now and can't seem to get in there. What's the story?
  • gishka#4096 gishka Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    My KDF captain is rank 4 marauding & has completed 7/7 of the Colonization of the Delta Volanis Cluster DOff assignment chain (but as yet hasn't got a purple DOff reward) and can't get in to the cluster to check for new "Support" assignments.

Very annoying.
    Dahar Master Gishka - I.K.S. Storm of Quin'lat
    tlhIngan maH taHjaj!
  • dpburns42dpburns42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Any chance we can get this fixed. Minor annoyance, but really? No action on this yet?
    edited December 2013
    One of the really egregious things about this is that the purple doff reward from DV is one of the best doffs for many of the holiday assignments, but we've been cut off from potentially acquiring that one for nearly two months now. I suppose it's not as bad as all the players who are getting screwed out of the Breen Raider because of how one of STO's backbones is not playing well with numerous European players, but still quite unreasonable.
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Oh hey, a KDF-only bug still hasn't been fixed despite numerous reports. No dev reply or other type of confirmation as well.

I'll pretend I'm surprised...
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Although I agree with the sentiment, it's also the holiday season. Hell I'm not going back to work until the 6th, a chunk of Cryptic probably isn't either.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    My kdf rommy cant go in DV im not happy i just started the collony chains n remember a bug post about this mths ago
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
    edited January 2014
    Although I agree with the sentiment, it's also the holiday season. Hell I'm not going back to work until the 6th, a chunk of Cryptic probably isn't either.

This has been an issue for nearly two months now, so that's not really much of an excuse, unless they get the longest vacations ever. It's not even a particularly vexing bug in all likelihood, unlike something like the FAW-crit bug.
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited January 2014

o.O , so you call it "work" to the job the devs are been doing til now?? (not about this, about all the bugs in general) ow, they are so lucky :D, i wish somebody was willing to pay me for doing nothing, i swear. Anyways, yeah, they were on vacations before christams and now they are as well in vacations. I only hope they return with renewed strenght and the ideas clear.
  • kublahkankublahkan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Still not possible to enter DV.
    "Starship captains are like children. They want everything right now and they want it their way. The secret is to give them what they need, not what they want."
    - Scotty, to La Forge
  • sarliksarlik Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This is getting really old -- I can't believe they haven't fixed this after all this time, and it's not even mentioned in the "known issues" of any patches.

Of course, given their ability to repeatedly "fix" Fire at Will by breaking it in a new way with every patch for around two months, I'd kind of afraid that when they "fix" this our KDF toons will be able to enter Delta Volanis but not any other star cluster. Or that we'll get into the star clusters, but the colonization chains will be gone.

This ineptitude has long since left the realm of the annoying, passed through astounding, and crossed over into absolutely asinine absurdity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • harmony420harmony420 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Temporary work around is to have a friend in Feds go there, and send you an invite to their bridge. You can get the DV chain assignments there.

Strangely, I also got a B'Tran assignment there today. Don't know if it's related to the bug or not, but some weirdness I figured I'd report.
  • valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    Oh hey, a KDF-only bug still hasn't been fixed despite numerous reports. No dev reply or other type of confirmation as well.

I'll pretend I'm surprised...

They have top men working on it right now!
    Top! Men!

(the same top men who work on the marauding BOFF clothing Bug)
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    valenn1 wrote: »
    They have top men working on it right now!
    Top! Men!

(the same top men who work on the marauding BOFF clothing Bug)

worf_facepalm.JPG
  • tom40stom40s Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have been in the Delta Volanis cluster before with one of my Klingons who have reached tear four collecting radiation etc.. but I noticed today that I can no longer get into the cluster, is this a bug or are the Klingons who have reached tear four in marauding no longer allowed in the delta volanis cluster? :(
    edited January 2014
    I could not even before reaching T4.

Lets keep this post alive. Might get some attention eventually...
    "Starship captains are like children. They want everything right now and they want it their way. The secret is to give them what they need, not what they want."
    - Scotty, to La Forge
  • hiobleyhiobley Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This needs fixing please, a right royal pain!
  • drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Sent in another Bug Report today. Still nothing.
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Actually we can ;) The only requirement is that we need to get into the Sirius Sector Block first, which needs at least Tier 3 Marauding (50,000+).

That, or we can be given a Diplomatic Immunity buff from other players, which allows entry for an hour.

And in exchange, they can't enter our exploration zones unless they have Tier 3 Diplomacy (or were given the Raiding Party buff)
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • kchundakchunda Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Just tried getting in, still not working.
    Addicted: January 2012

batlh QIH 'ej!
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So yeah this hasn't been listed in the Known Issues section of the past X number of patch notes...

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
    edited January 2014
    DV still inaccessible.

Would be nice to at least have someone from Cryptic acknowledge the issue...
    - Scotty, to La Forge
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kublahkan wrote: »
    DV still inaccessible.

Would be nice to at least have someone from Cryptic acknowledge the issue...

Honestly, if by now they dont know, then there is really something wrong with the cryptic team... :eek:, but yo know they dont really care too much about bugs, so we could still be here for a while... xD.
  • constantin061constantin061 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I can't believe this simple bug is not fixed after 2 months.
  • xelkhasxelkhas Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Same here ...