test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Free and Exclusive Khan Uniforms via Arc (Claiming method update in OP)

Comments

• Options
    stormstrykestormstryke Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    We don't see the drop down in the top right for off duty on the Uniform tab. It's there when you click the Head tab then select off duty then go to the uniform tab.

See post #633 in this thread.
    _____

Lifetime no longer gives a forum title. That should be updated on the Lifetime page that mentions what you get. PMing the CSR doesn't work neither.
  • Options
    venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I've redeemed it on all my characters on my personal account, and there are many many others in this thread that have said they did too. The most common issue to "not having it available" is not looking in the off duty uniform section, and not making sure to sign into each character while signed into Arc so it unlocks for each of those characters. You'll also see tons of players by the various tailors leaving in their new Khan outfits.

Enjoy yours once you get them :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    I signed in through Arc, saw the email, clicked through the c-store tabs, and could not find the ability to 'claim' the outfit. I followed all of the instructions. I guess its too late now.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    venkou wrote: »
    I signed in through Arc, saw the email, clicked through the c-store tabs, and could not find the ability to 'claim' the outfit. I followed all of the instructions. I guess its too late now.
    If you saw the email, it was placed in your off-duty outfit selections. It's not a C-store item. Not yet, anyway...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    tarantatsuuchitarantatsuuchi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Meh, I have no interest in the arc client.
  • Options
    kalavierkalavier Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    qjunior wrote: »
    For everyone who is confused about off-duty uniforms :

1. Create or modify a uniform slot at the tailor

2. Go the the "Head" options, there is a drop-down menu at the upper right corner, select off-duty

3. Now you can use the uniform tab to choose the khan parts (the helmet should be under head options though)

And yes, the company is named Cryptic for a reason.... :P

You don't even need to use the headwrap at all. Just select "Off duty" go to the uniform tab of the tailor, and select "Bare chest".

Bam, Khan ripped jacket instantly on! :P

I can't seem to find the Khan-like hairstyle at all. I see a new "Punk" one, but nothing else. This is for alien (KDF) and human (fedside)
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    kalavier wrote: »
    You don't even need to use the headwrap at all. Just select "Off duty" go to the uniform tab of the tailor, and select "Bare chest".

I can't seem to find the Khan-like hairstyle at all. I see a new "Punk" one, but nothing else. This is for alien (KDF) and human (fedside)

I think I saw someone post the hairstyle was removed. If they did it before the change, they keep it unless they make any kind of change to the uniform slot using it then it goes away. This was a fellow user and not a dev so I can't say where exactly that post is now.
    _____

Lifetime no longer gives a forum title. That should be updated on the Lifetime page that mentions what you get. PMing the CSR doesn't work neither.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    regardless of the rest of my issues, if branflakes or a dev read this fine otherwise i will push on it through twitter or wherever.

can these hairstyles be unlocked for other species? (not every, as gorn and ferengi for example do not have such growths)
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    regardless of the rest of my issues, if branflakes or a dev read this fine otherwise i will push on it through twitter or wherever.

can these hairstyles be unlocked for other species? (not every, as gorn and ferengi for example do not have such growths)

The hairstyles *were* available for male and females of all species that could use regular hairstyles. The problem is that in a recent patch the hairstyles went missing completely. They are no longer available for any type of character. I started a thread in the bug section of the forums and the thread title was updated by a mod to let us know they are investigating it. http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1001841
  • Options
    switchngcswitchngc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I've redeemed it on all my characters on my personal account, and there are many many others in this thread that have said they did too. The most common issue to "not having it available" is not looking in the off duty uniform section, and not making sure to sign into each character while signed into Arc so it unlocks for each of those characters. You'll also see tons of players by the various tailors leaving in their new Khan outfits.

Enjoy yours once you get them :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

It has been SOOO.... LOOONNG since I played KDF.... Where is the Off Duty dropdiown for them?
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The hairstyles *were* available for male and females of all species that could use regular hairstyles. The problem is that in a recent patch the hairstyles went missing completely. They are no longer available for any type of character. I started a thread in the bug section of the forums and the thread title was updated by a mod to let us know they are investigating it. http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1001841

im not looking for a bug report, thats besides the point. the part im interested in is if the hairstyle was meant for most of the species in game.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    syfyguy64syfyguy64 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Arc can't be THAT bad, can it?
    I mean, it looks like a browser for a few games. It's probably just like overwolf or something.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    kalavier wrote: »

It's not showing up for everyone on the uniform tab unless you select it on the head tab first.
    _____

• Options
    tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    syfyguy64 wrote: »
    Arc can't be THAT bad, can it?
    I mean, it looks like a browser for a few games. It's probably just like overwolf or something.

Thing is, Overwolf can be disabled independent of the game you're playing. I play Continent of the Ninth, so I know.

ARC can not be disabled after STO launches. That is among several of the issues those who do not care for ARC have with the program.

Let me make my view clear: I personally do not have a issue with a one-stop program that can launch/update all your installed games from one publisher, but that's all it should be able to do. Anything beyond that, the player should be able to turn off any options they don't want or need or have the launcher program shut down after the game of choice launches. ARC, as I understand it, does neither.

If PWE (not Cryptic) modifies ARC to allow either or both of the above to happen, I will gladly try it. Otherwise, I'm not going to bother with the program, ever.

Thank you for the time...
    STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Did they updated Arc again? I was able to shut down Arc after STO launches just fine when they first offered the free Khan off-duty outfit.

Just go to Task Manager and shut it down.
  • Options
    chuzordie5chuzordie5 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2014
  • Options
    raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    We don't see the drop down in the top right for off duty on the Uniform tab. It's there when you click the Head tab then select off duty then go to the uniform tab.

See post #633 in this thread.

You have to redeem it on each character? What about for characters I have not yet made? This should just be a simple account unlock that is tied to your account that works for all characters, existing and future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    guriphuguriphu Member Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Is Arc eventually going to be required to run STO?
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    guriphu wrote: »
    Is Arc eventually going to be required to run STO?

From the sounds of things, probably. Keep in mind this Arc thing is something Perfect World Entertainment is pushing, NOT Cryptic. Cryptic is owned by PWE and what they say goes.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    You have to redeem it on each character? What about for characters I have not yet made? This should just be a simple account unlock that is tied to your account that works for all characters, existing and future.

As long as it's not for a limited time. But new characters won't have it unless you use them while using Arc.

But they have done non-account unlocks for uniforms and such before. Doesn't make sense but that's just how the STO devs think. Bizarre as it is.
    _____

• Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Have to say it looks pretty nifty on Gorn.
  • Options
    darthgreaterdarthgreater Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    I guess I'll be installing ARC...

on my secondary computer, so I can just launch it for the shinies and quickly uninstall it and clear the system with ccleaner, never looking back...

I mean, it can't be much worse than installing that horrendous Raptr app they were promoting at one point...

Raptr is actually better. You don't have to even run Raptr for the game. Arc will not be that lucky soon.
  • Options
    holger1974holger1974 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hmm whats if i dont have any messages since weeks now? Is it still arriving anytime? (using arc longer then this post is online)
  • Options
    jarkaruusjarkaruus Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    HORRIBLE looking outfit, GOD AWFUL, looks NOTHING like the pictures AT ALL. I used ARC for this? Excuse me while I scrub my computer in 400 degree kelvin water to get the stench of your crappy fracking system off.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    jarkaruus wrote: »
    HORRIBLE looking outfit, GOD AWFUL, looks NOTHING like the pictures AT ALL. I used ARC for this? Excuse me while I scrub my computer in 400 degree kelvin water to get the stench of your crappy fracking system off.
    My, what constructive criticism. And your opinion, of course, is incontrovertible fact, requiring no disclaimer whatsoever.

If it looks "nothing like the picture", perhaps your settings are off? You are, after all, the first person to voice this particular complaint - I find that it looks exactly like the picture, except that I like to recolor it.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    xextreem#1311 xextreem Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Why? for some skins? :eek: I just gone install on a old pc claim it and remove it. So my main pc will be clean I don't trust this. I got steam but the take 10 years to get me convents that the are clean. So before I going to use any other "launcher" like orgin. < and I will never use orgin nor will I install it. So any EA games are domed. ncsoft, ubisoft. All those launchers are remove from my pc. Don`t trust people. I don't see in real live.

Using my private stuff to sell and making money from me I don't think so.
    So if you want me to use your software let the time tell how this arc will do in time.
  • Options
    brocton75brocton75 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    hfm... WTF i got the message for all my toons in game then went to the game uniform shop for all my toons and guess what... no access to the uniform. i know im not the only one. and i aint deleteing my lvl 20-50 toons just to get a new message. please someone tell me what i should do. i really want the uniforms and it ticks me off that i dont have access to them. :mad: please advise on what i should do.
  • Options
    littlemanzlittlemanz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I tried to claim the Free Khan uniform but when I visit the tailors it is saying that I have to pay 550 zen still for it

thanks
  • Options
    garakfan84garakfan84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    How about, no.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    blakes777blakes777 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I looked at my three outfits I created for my character and one has a white diagram for a shirt in upper right hand corner, this means its an off duty outfit, or the dress uniform. I chose that outfit to modify and saw it was available, but not In the regular uniform options. Hope that helps.
  • Options
    drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    blakes777 wrote: »
    I looked at my three outfits I created for my character and one has a white diagram for a shirt in upper right hand corner, this means its an off duty outfit, or the dress uniform. I chose that outfit to modify and saw it was available, but not In the regular uniform options. Hope that helps.

As far as I'm aware, that little white thing is the uniform you are currently wearing.
    Any slot that is not your first slot can be made into an off-duty uniform slot.
    For those still struggling (and failing to read previous posts explaining this) it IS NOT THE WRATH OF KHAN OUTFIT. It is the KHAN outfit.
    1. choose a slot other than your first uniform slot and click create (if you have only the first slot used or have spare slots available) otherwise choose a made costume and click MODIFY.
    2. once in the tailor proper, look about 2/3 of the way down the page to the word ADVANCED and just below this click on HEAD.
    3. Top right corner of the advanced head tailor is a dropdown arrow set to the default of UNIFORM. Click it and choose OFF-DUTY.
    4. Head and wrap options are now available for the Khan outfit under this tab.
    5. click on the uniform tab now and you must choose BARE CHEST as your options to see all KHAN options.
    6. ENJOY.
    7. Works for KDF too, I have an awesome Nausi-khan thanks to this giveaway.
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016