test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Free and Exclusive Khan Uniforms via Arc (Claiming method update in OP)

Comments

• aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm curious if this uniform will be sold in the C-Store later on ?
  • drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    I'm curious if this uniform will be sold in the C-Store later on ?

I doubt it. The Steamrunner (and retrofit/refit) was a Steam exclusive, wasn't it?
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I doubt it. The Steamrunner (and retrofit/refit) was a Steam exclusive, wasn't it?

Yes the steamrunner ships are exclusive purchases through steam. But, steam isn't developed by PWE and PWE probably has some sort of deal to keep those ships a steam exclusive.

Arc is developed by PWE and since the Khan outfit is an exclusive to something PWE owns and develops, it's more possible the outfit could make it to the c-store eventually than the steamrunner ships.
  • stararmystararmy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I installed Windows 7 in VirtualBox and waited hours for STO to patch only to find the virtual machine didn't recognize my video card and couldn't play STO. I guess I'll need to find another way. There's no way I'm installing ARC on my regular computer.
    Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
  • anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    stararmy wrote: »
    I installed Windows 7 in VirtualBox and waited hours for STO to patch only to find the virtual machine didn't recognize my video card and couldn't play STO. I guess I'll need to find another way. There's no way I'm installing ARC on my regular computer.
    There is a tickbox in the Arc client that gives you the choice if you want to send data to them or not. I don't know if they are honest about it though.
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Everyone once you get the mail for testing it... it is then auto-matically unlocked even my KDF characters have it unlocked lol.

Tell me those boots work on a KDF female, with the skirt. NOT an off-duty uniform.
    :D

THEN I might reinstall.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Tell me those boots work on a KDF female, with the skirt. NOT an off-duty uniform.
    :D

THEN I might reinstall.

The Khan hairstyle is the only part that can be used for uniform and off duty. Everything else is off duty only, including the boots. I don't recall any KDF skirts being available for off duty. On my female orion character I have the decorated warrior's skirt from the lobi store and it's a uniform only option. Would be nice if they allowed it to also be used for off duty.

As far as I can tell, the ONLY skirts for KDF females are the 2 warrior skirts in the lobi store. I wish they could give us at least 1 free option, or something in the c-store. Hell romulans have 1 free skirt and 1 that is part of a c-store purchase (ToS romulan outfit). :(
  • darkdamnaithdarkdamnaith Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    There is the scandalous skirt from the Dyson Sphere T3 tailor that can be used by KDF.

But yes, KDF could use a free skirt option.
    Hello, I would like to ask for any help related to this new outfit.

I followed all the steps and tried this more than 6 times and it did not work for me.

I go in Arc, open the game, log in, and the I read the e-mail and go to the Earth Spacedock's tailor.And it do not appear.

Thank you for your attention.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    wolfen130 wrote: »
    Hello, I would like to ask for any help related to this new outfit.

I followed all the steps and tried this more than 6 times and it did not work for me.

I go in Arc, open the game, log in, and the I read the e-mail and go to the Earth Spacedock's tailor.And it do not appear.

Thank you for your attention.
    Okay, wolfen, the additional steps (which have been outlined before, but we'll cover it again) are:

1) Go to tailor.

2) Select second or later outfit - the first outfit can only ever be a uniform. If you don't have a second outfit yet, select "Create".

3) Click on the tab labeled "Head", under "Advanced".

4) Look at the upper right corner of that area. You should see a drop-down menu indicator that reads "Uniform". Click on that, and there should appear a drop-down from which you can select "Off-Duty".

5) Once you've selected "Off-Duty", click on the "Uniform" tab under "Advanced".

6) The first option in there should read either "Jackets - Loose" or "Jackets - Tight" (I don't recall which is the default option). That's another drop-down; click on that, then select "Bare Chest". Your outfit should immediately become the Khan shirt, because to the best of my knowledge, that's the only bare-chest option there is.

7) Have fun! You'll find Khan options under some other tabs, too - explore!
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The Khan hairstyle is the only part that can be used for uniform and off duty. Everything else is off duty only, including the boots. I don't recall any KDF skirts being available for off duty. On my female orion character I have the decorated warrior's skirt from the lobi store and it's a uniform only option. Would be nice if they allowed it to also be used for off duty.

As far as I can tell, the ONLY skirts for KDF females are the 2 warrior skirts in the lobi store. I wish they could give us at least 1 free option, or something in the c-store. Hell romulans have 1 free skirt and 1 that is part of a c-store purchase (ToS romulan outfit). :(

Thanks. Thats sad they want to try and waste my time with this TRIBBLE. I thought about that freebie destroyer too, still wasn't enough to pull me back into this circus.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • lttesch1lttesch1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I never got a Code after installing Arc:(
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    lttesch1 wrote: »
    I never got a Code after installing Arc:(

That is because there is NO code.

You need to launch STO via the ARC Program launcher.

Then log into STO.

The toon should get an IN GAME email message bout thanks for using Arc. Log into each toon to get the unlock for each toon you have.
    edited February 2014
    tigeraries wrote: »
    That is because there is NO code.

You need to launch STO via the ARC Program launcher.

Then log into STO.

The toon should get an IN GAME email message bout thanks for using Arc. Log into each toon to get the unlock for each toon you have.

Never got that message
    edited February 2014
    I got the email
  • anyone#9933 anyone Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    We're pleased to announce that we are giving STO players who have downloaded and tested the beta version of the new Arc client a FREE exclusive Khan uniform set! Read more for details.

Click here to read more.

===UPDATE (1/28)===

Hi Captains, in order to claim this uniform on each of your characters, please sign into Arc and log into one character, and then while still in Arc, switch to your other characters so they too may unlock the uniform. This is a change in claiming instructions from what was posted yesterday and will ensure all characters on your account gain access to the uniform. We'll also be updating the blog with this info. Enjoy!

For some reason I can't seem to claim them and I've been using ARC for quite a while. I remember getting a mail but I never found the items in-game.. Where can I find them?
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The Khan hairstyle is the only part that can be used for uniform and off duty. Everything else is off duty only, including the boots.

ummm, I will need to double check, but this may not be entirely true.

i think the belt can be used as a uniform piece as well, as my new andorian is wandering around with it over his Ent-era fatigues.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    ummm, I will need to double check, but this may not be entirely true.

i think the belt can be used as a uniform piece as well, as my new andorian is wandering around with it over his Ent-era fatigues.

It should be... I mean it is a hairstyle.
    edited March 2014
    It should be... I mean it is a hairstyle.

The belt is a hairstyle?

I am so confussled.......
  • mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    LOL Cryptic, that's funny.

Trying to bribe us into downloading this spyware/malware/bloatware, memory hog Arc with a few useless pretty pixels. AND people falling for it by the dozen.

My answer is no. Everyone has their price and mine is 1200 Lobi or a Timeship.

'til then, No ARC.
  • revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    mikoto8472 wrote: »
    LOL Cryptic, that's funny.

Trying to bribe us into downloading this spyware/malware/bloatware, memory hog Arc with a few useless pretty pixels. AND people falling for it by the dozen.

My answer is no. Everyone has their price and mine is 1200 Lobi or a Timeship.

'til then, No ARC.

Or until it become mandatory, you'll need to use it anyway and have none of those perks^^
    edited March 2014
    Or until it become mandatory, you'll need to use it anyway and have none of those perks^^

Speaking as someone who, generally speaking, could not be fairly called a Cryptic apologist........

.....I actually have no issue with ARC.

I'm running it now and have done for a few weeks.

Sure, its somewhat unnecessary, but it doesn't have anything like the doomsday effect on my machines performance that some seem to think it would.

I get a very slightly slower start to the game, textures seems to take a second or two longer to load. A second or maybe two.

But, other than that, everything runs as it always did.

However, i do hope selfishly that more people keep squawking about it.

So far, I'm a nice off duty costume, a decent shuttle and 20 lobi up.

Keep up the complaints and i might get a something else nice :D
  • elfleshelflesh Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Totally agree. It was on my comp for less than 5 minutes before I figured it out.
    Now I'll DL STO thru Steam thanx very much.

Not this garbage.
  • dl9905dl9905 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    We're pleased to announce that we are giving STO players who have downloaded and tested the beta version of the new Arc client a FREE exclusive Khan uniform set! Read more for details.

Click here to read more.

===UPDATE (1/28)===

Hi Captains, in order to claim this uniform on each of your characters, please sign into Arc and log into one character, and then while still in Arc, switch to your other characters so they too may unlock the uniform. This is a change in claiming instructions from what was posted yesterday and will ensure all characters on your account gain access to the uniform. We'll also be updating the blog with this info. Enjoy!

Signed into arc, still tries to charge me for the kahn cosume
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    Speaking as someone who, generally speaking, could not be fairly called a Cryptic apologist........

.....I actually have no issue with ARC.

I'm running it now and have done for a few weeks.

Sure, its somewhat unnecessary, but it doesn't have anything like the doomsday effect on my machines performance that some seem to think it would.

I get a very slightly slower start to the game, textures seems to take a second or two longer to load. A second or maybe two.

But, other than that, everything runs as it always did.

However, i do hope selfishly that more people keep squawking about it.

So far, I'm a nice off duty costume, a decent shuttle and 20 lobi up.

Keep up the complaints and i might get a something else nice :D

Or they may realise that nobody wants this piece of trash and decide to leave ARC for the people that want it and for the people that don't can still use the original launcher (Wishful thinking as they will lose a lot of people who don't want to use ARC or Steam and I'm one of those who may decide to cut my losses as well still a Star Trek Fan but becoming less of a STO fan
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Sucks to be me. I thought I'd have plenty of time to get the Lobi & Ferengi Shuttle, but RL projects take priority and I was falling behind on the Terran Empire MU event. As a consequence of that missed the deadline. I was actually looking forward to getting those more than the uniforms. Guess i'll have to settle for the uniforms as consolation prizes. Sucks worse they are per-character unlocks.

Any chance there'll be other free shots for the Na'Far shuttle?
    4073703.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
    =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
  • darthstormstrikedarthstormstrike Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    dl9905 wrote: »
    Signed into arc, still tries to charge me for the kahn cosume

It's not the Wrath of Khan Kirk uniform that is a C-Store charge. It's under off-duty uniforms and what Khan wore in the movie. And it's not even called Khan in the off-duty section. It's called Bare Chested something or another.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It's not the Wrath of Khan Kirk uniform that is a C-Store charge. It's under off-duty uniforms and what Khan wore in the movie. And it's not even called Khan in the off-duty section. It's called Bare Chested something or another.

Yup, it's not under uniforms sadly.
  • dl9905dl9905 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Click here to read more.

===UPDATE (1/28)===

Have not been able to get the Kahn Uniform, still wamst me to pay for them after logging in through ARC.
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    dl9905 wrote: »
    Have not been able to get the Kahn Uniform, still wamst me to pay for them after logging in through ARC.

It's not the Starfleet uniform. You already have it if you logged in through Arc and read the e-mail. Gotta go to the Off-Duty tab to find.