test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Free and Exclusive Khan Uniforms via Arc (Claiming method update in OP)

Comments

• Options
    captaintpolcaptaintpol Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kalani2 wrote: »
    Does this mean any characters we create after this promotion is over wont have access to the uniform?

so you just have to log into the char to get the mail or go to the tailor to
    (STO)
    Matriarch of Banished Orion Girls. Neela D'tan
    @captaintpol (with many alts)
    May we sail and have fun always and forever. LLAP

(PC version NW)
    Arwen@captaintpol TR - Tully's of RiverRun
    Mai Kelly DC-Tully's of RiverRun
    Neela BumKisses HR-
    Arya Stark GF-
    Sansa Stark CW- Team Fencebane
    Crystal Marie OP-

(xbox version NW)
    Arwen@Admiral Jazdia TR- Team Fenebane
    Mai Kelly DC- " "
    Ahsoka Tano CW- " "
    Neela BumKisser HR- " "
  • Options
    oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Switch to each character in turn,, there will be an "ingame" mail for each character that will confirm that the character has the unlock..

Likely the only way they could do this with an external launcher...

Such a minor pain, but on the other hand.. other then some minor hassle.. it is free.

If its not working as above your just not doing it correctly..

You MUST launch the game via ARC. Try to do it any other way, or get fancy and it will not work.

If you change the login name and password when ARC pops up the STO launcher then your NOT logging in on your ARC account...

If you have multiple STO accounts, then your going to have to log in via ARC for EACH account via the ARC Launcher, and then once logged in, switch to each character so the uniform registers to that character.
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • Options
    tpolebreakertpolebreaker Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Updated ARV via the prompt in the forum offer.

Arc "repaired" my installation via "repair" choice.

Entered STO, got mail, read mail.

Tried then, and tried today to access uniforms, no luck.

Fed aligned Rommie, Tried clicking on the "head", no off-duty option.

Please advice exactly where this off-duty option is? I haven't used Tailors until now and can't tell for sure, but at first glance it looks like I don't have access to it.

(I am using the "Customize Clothing" option (tailor) in New Romulus Command, which is one of the places explicitly mentioned in the announcement.

Thats the area, but note that this wont work on your first costume slot, as Off Duty outfits are not an option there. Create a new costume or modify one that's not your first slot. Then check the pulldown in the Head section for Off Duty. Then go over to Uniform and change the top to Bare Chest or whatever, it should be right there.
    edited January 2014
    robdmc wrote: »
    The hair would most likely clog the blades. Waxing might be better.

Yeah true. paste on wax or strips :)
  • Options
    lpthomasmariklpthomasmarik Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Did you read the in-game email you got? It explains that it's an off-duty uniform. It's there, I, as well as others in this thread, are using it now :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Oooooh. It's Off-duty. Translation. Next to worthless.

Glad I read that before installing ARC.
  • Options
    realisticaltyrealisticalty Member Posts: 851 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thats the area, but note that this wont work on your first costume slot, as Off Duty outfits are not an option there. Create a new costume or modify one that's not your first slot. Then check the pulldown in the Head section for Off Duty. Then go over to Uniform and change the top to Bare Chest or whatever, it should be right there.

Aha! Didn't realize you couldn't get "Off Duty" on first slot. So, I CREATED a second slot (this will use up my only other free slot) and I clicked on the HEAD button and the UNIFORM pulldown within it to switch to OFF DUTY.

I think I can access at least some of the elements of the Khan uniform, I'm not sure which are and are not elements of that uniform, or maybe they are the only ones available.

At least now I know its enabled for me and I can figure it out. Thanks!
  • Options
    bloodtak3rbloodtak3r Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    In the Advanced settings versions of Head or Uniform, in the upper right hand corner, select the Off Duty option from the drop down menu, and boom, you will gain access to all the Khan uniform items.

Any word on a fix for those who started the game through arc went to tailor went to advanced head went to off duty and no khan uniform or options?

Still no mail on any account i log into saying it has been unlocked.
  • Options
    my1alts2alt3my1alts2alt3 Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    All symptoms of a rushed, poorly conceived and poorly executed attempt at mollifying a community largely fed up with the whole business model; at least from what I can observe. Nothing more frustrating than being offered a loyalty incentive, but without clear and unambiguous instructions on how to realize it. For example, a combat pet is used as DEVICE, not PERSONNEL, so why would a rational person look in the personnel tab? Of course, the announcement e-mail had none of that detail in it, so some of us missed the bonus completely. :mad:

TBH, the dev's would better use their time building content and fixing weaknesses in the game engine than this trivia...

Liked this comment so much I thought it was worth repeating.
  • Options
    mightyleptonmightylepton Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    AWesome way to force people to use ARC that necessarily want these costumes. Glad i never play ground. yay.

Well for most of us I think it means install ARC, get the costumes, de-install ARc ;)
    Read the book of the Rihannsu.
  • Options
    direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kagasensei wrote: »
    All this confusion clearly shows that the button to switch between Uniform/Off-Duty/Formal/etc. is NOT well placed and should be moved to a more prominent spot. I can see no logical reason as to why it is placed in the "Head" section.

The tailor UI is an amalgamation of different iterations.

Originally, you had to access the different sections (Head/Body/Uniform) in separate tabs. The "Head" tab was always the one that would pop up first when editing a costume, so they put it on that one.

EDIT: Also, I believe it was in the plans to eventually remove the restriction between these uniform/formal/off-duty costume types, but it's probably been a year or so since they've mentioned anything about that and I have no idea if it's even on their radar any more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    ...no idea if it's even on their radar any more...

They have Radar? I thought they were still running on Abacus.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    AWesome way to force people to use ARC that necessarily want these costumes. Glad i never play ground. yay.

Well for most of us I think it means install ARC, get the costumes, de-install ARc ;)
    Well, yes - and since the Arc Beta client apparently only runs under Windows, well, can't speak for Win 8, but on all other iterations uninstalling is pretty easy, so what's all the fuss?
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    voratusvoratus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So we've got
    Head
    Category - Helmets and Wraps (Khan Wrap)
    Hairstyle - Khan Hairstyle

Uniform
    Upper Body
    Category - Off Duty-Bare Chest (Khan's Tunic)
    Hands - Khan's Glove(s)
    Wrist Attach L/R - Khan's Wristbands (requires off duty - bare chest)
    Undershirt - none or Weathered Shirt (requires off duty - bare chest)

Lower Body
    Belt - Khan's Belt (requires any Off Duty - Pants)
    Lower - Khan's Pants (requires Off Duty - Pants - Tight)
    Feet - Khan's Boots (requires Off Duty - Pants - Tight, Loose Knee High, or Loose Mid Ankle)

Am I missing anything?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    switchngcswitchngc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hi Captains,

In order to claim this uniform on each of your characters, please sign into Arc and log into one character, and then while still in Arc, switch to your other characters so they too may unlock the uniform. This is a change in claiming instructions from what was posted yesterday and will ensure all characters on your account gain access to the uniform. We'll also be updating the blog with this info.

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

so... what you are saying is that it is in fact NOT an account-wide unlock? Instead, it IS a limited-time, limited-circumstance, character-only unlock?

I thought i would at least try out Arc since I could, at least for now, get rid of it if I absolutely hate it(which I do, and it has already been removed from my system), but for an Account unlock uniform I was willing to try it. I now see the direction that the developers are planning to take this game with the way the uniforms are being advertised and used. as such, i have no intention of spending any more of my hard earned money to support a game where those in charge have
    1) no intention of listening to the overwhelming criticism of "features" that no one needs or wants
    2) forces users to use said abortion for in game items (especially under the ruse that you don't have to keep using it to keep the rewards.

I see this leading to a virtual mandate to use Arc (only get bonus xp if in arc, only see cstore items if in arc, ect) This shows arc can be, and is being, used as yet another gate for game content.

the sad part is, when Arc drives away enough paying customers the game will end up being abandoned, but Arc won't get the blame, it will be deemed lack of interest.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    voratus wrote: »
    So we've got
    Upper Body
    Hands - Khan's Glove(s)

Lower Body
    Feet - Khan's Boots (requires Off Duty - Pants - Tight, Loose Knee High, or Loose Mid Ankle)

am I missing anything? The pictures show the facemask, and I've seen some players with that on, but I can find no option for it, even under the Head settings.

noted a hairstyle that appears to be unisex.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    voratusvoratus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    noted a hairstyle that appears to be unisex.

Added that. Also found the head wrap option.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    voratus wrote: »
    So we've got
    Head
    Category - Helmets and Wraps (Khan Wrap)
    Hairstyle - Khan Hairstyle

Uniform
    Upper Body
    Hands - Khan's Glove(s)

Lower Body

Am I missing anything?

Khan's Boots did not show up for me with anything other than Off Duty - Pants - Tight. I don't have any female characters so I don't know if they show up with skirts. I think Khan's Belt is the same way.

Also Khan's Wristband is only Wrist Attach Left.

Khan's Gloves have two options. Both gloves or single (right) glove
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • Options
    tvmadoctvmadoc Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    We're pleased to announce that we are giving STO players who have downloaded and tested the beta version of the new Arc client a FREE exclusive Khan uniform set! Read more for details.

Click here to read more.

===UPDATE (1/28)===

Hi Captains, in order to claim this uniform on each of your characters, please sign into Arc and log into one character, and then while still in Arc, switch to your other characters so they too may unlock the uniform. This is a change in claiming instructions from what was posted yesterday and will ensure all characters on your account gain access to the uniform. We'll also be updating the blog with this info. Enjoy!

I didn't have ARC installed, but tried to install it for this give away.

I get asked for a "one-time code", The code is never sent. I tried multiple times and even tried resetting it through the account's "guard" option. The email is never sent.

I contacted customer support (I expect this may take a long time, as Mr. Scott would say, "could take weeks Sir"), yet the confirmation email pops up immediately.

This seems to be an ARC glitch. I am now locked out of a previously working account. Is this supposed to build confidence in the ARC product??????
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    From another arc thread.

===

1. Keyboard and mouse becoming unresponsive.

yes. bad coded subroutines.

2. Hard drive extremely active and running hot, as well as system fans hitting maximum.
    My casing was very hot to the touch, a day after I cleaned it out was the same day I downloaded ARC.

yes. arc client has build-in torrent a like part. basically other people download from you the games you have. huge overhead in hard drive and network connection.

3. Lag, just not in STO, I mean everywhere. So bad that sites took 6 -7 times longer.

well, where in fact there are specially optimized torrent clients pimped for performance, arc is not one of those.

4. Server time out's where every few minutes.

network stack overflow, router overflow due to huge traffic arc generate.

5. ARC was uploading content to PW. I checked with my ISP, yes, a hell of a lot of uploading.

not only to pw. because its a p2p application expect anti-p2p agencies to harvest your traffic and eventually being accused for piracy.

6. My computer wouldn't shut down during these uploading sessions. Had to pull the plug from the phone line.

hehe, didn't encountered that one may be because arc didn't survived on my pc over 5 minutes.

7. Non stop warnings about CPU and system over use, to a point where it threatened to shut down.

no wonder at all.

8. I removed ARC, and my computer returned to normal right away.
    I have 30 years of computer knowledge. I know BS when i see it.

as well as do i.
  • Options
    kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hi Captains,

In order to claim this uniform on each of your characters, please sign into Arc and log into one character, and then while still in Arc, switch to your other characters so they too may unlock the uniform. This is a change in claiming instructions from what was posted yesterday and will ensure all characters on your account gain access to the uniform. We'll also be updating the blog with this info.

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

So we don't get it on future characters after the promo ends? Fail :(
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Why is this a per character unlock instead of a full account wide unlock?

http://www.arcgames.com/en/arc-news/detail/3030473-come-grab-your-free-arc-gifts Why is Star Trek Online the ONLY game that doesn't have a redeem key to claim a free gift? It's listed as "On-Login". Champions, Neverwinter, all PWE games have a redeem key you input into Arc, but STO doesn't.
  • Options
    rerednawrerednaw Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    We're pleased to announce that we are giving STO players who have downloaded and tested the beta version of the new Arc client a FREE exclusive Khan uniform set! Read more for details.

Click here to read more.

===UPDATE (1/28)===

Hi Captains, in order to claim this uniform on each of your characters, please sign into Arc and log into one character, and then while still in Arc, switch to your other characters so they too may unlock the uniform. This is a change in claiming instructions from what was posted yesterday and will ensure all characters on your account gain access to the uniform. We'll also be updating the blog with this info. Enjoy!

Okay, so lifetime sub here. Installed ARC, ran STO. Went to Tailor. Tried all my toons...NOPE only Kahn outfit is the Starfleet uniform.

What's the missing secret toggle?

Any help appreciated. Thanks. :)

EDIT: AHA FIGURED IT OUT. THE KHAN OUTFIT IS LOCATED VIA THE "HEAD" BUTTON.
  • Options
    adabisiadabisi Member Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have arc for neverwinter....zzzzzz

I do not have it for STo. been playing since beta and used the original way to log in.....I was wondering if I need to DL STo all over....

I logged into arc for Neverwinter.....then logged in STO...LMAO I don't need ARC for STO I am so pleased.
    Today we fight the GAULS......monstrous and HAIRY beyond reason.
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Why is this a per character unlock instead of a full account wide unlock?

It's a full account unlock (try it.) :)
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/arc-news/detail/3030473-come-grab-your-free-arc-gifts Why is Star Trek Online the ONLY game that doesn't have a redeem key to claim a free gift? It's listed as "On-Login". Champions, Neverwinter, all PWE games have a redeem key you input into Arc, but STO doesn't.

Why you asking? I logged onto STO from arc and I got swag. Skipping the "redeem" step shouldn't be seen as an issue.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    macklin01macklin01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hiya,

I logged on via arc and got the in-game mail about receiving the Khan costume.

But when I go to tailor, the costume is nowhere to be seen. I've scrolled through all the options, and while I can find TWOK uniform (open and closed), which I recently got with a promo code, the Khan costume is nowhere to be found in any of the drop downs.

In fact, the only Khan option I can find is the hair (under head), but nothing under the individual body or uniform drop-downs, nor the overall "costume" drop-down.

Strangely, TWOK uniform appears twice for me in the appearance section of the C-store. Think that has anything to do with it?

Oh, this happens on both my Fed and Klingon characters.

Thanks! -- Paul
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    macklin01 wrote: »
    Hiya,

I logged on via arc and got the in-game mail about receiving the Khan costume.

But when I go to tailor, the costume is nowhere to be seen. I've scrolled through all the options, and while I can find TWOK uniform (open and closed), which I recently got with a promo code, the Khan costume is nowhere to be found in any of the drop downs.

In fact, the only Khan option I can find is the hair (under head), but nothing under the individual body or uniform drop-downs, nor the overall "costume" drop-down.

Strangely, TWOK uniform appears twice for me in the appearance section of the C-store. Think that has anything to do with it?

Oh, this happens on both my Fed and Klingon characters.

Thanks! -- Paul

It's in the off-duty tailor options. If you're not familiar with those just select any costume slot besides the first and look for the drop-down menu box in the upper right (of the head or body pages, should say "uniform" now). :)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    It's in the off-duty tailor options. If you're not familiar with those just select any costume slot besides the first and look for the drop-down menu box in the upper right (of the head or body pages, should say "uniform" now). :)

First off, thanks so much for taking the time to help and post. I really appreciate it!

I'm sure I must be doing something dumb, because it's not working for me. I'll try to retrace my steps ..

1) Go to tailor on ESD
    2) Customize clothing
    3) choose any costume slot aside from the first (I purchased two extras)
    4) choose "modify"
    5) choose "uniform" in lower right
    6) Several options show up, including TWOK Movie Uniform, but no Khan outfit.
    7) choose "head" and look at various drop-downs, "Khan" only shows up as a hairstyle.

Perhaps I'm missing something more basic??

Thanks! -- Paul

*edit*
    I hadn't learned about the duty / off-duty feature where you have to go into head and choose off-duty, and then into uniform, etc. Seems to work now. Sorry I misunderstood your directions at first, and thanks again! */edit*
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    macklin01 wrote: »
    First off, thanks so much for taking the time to help and post. I really appreciate it!

I'm sure I must be doing something dumb, because it's not working for me. I'll try to retrace my steps ..

1) Go to tailor on ESD
    2) Customize clothing
    3) choose any costume slot aside from the first (I purchased two extras)
    4) choose "modify"
    5) choose "uniform" in lower right
    6) Several options show up, including TWOK Movie Uniform, but no Khan outfit.
    7) choose "head" and look at various drop-downs, "Khan" only shows up as a hairstyle.

Perhaps I'm missing something more basic??

Thanks! -- Paul
    Just missing one thing. When you choose "Head", you'll see an indicator on the upper right of that screen that says "Uniform". That's actually the header for a drop-down menu. Click on it, then select "Off-Duty". Then you should be able to find the rest of the items. (Khan's Shirt is in the Uniform tab, under the Bare Chest options.)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    Just missing one thing. When you choose "Head", you'll see an indicator on the upper right of that screen that says "Uniform". That's actually the header for a drop-down menu. Click on it, then select "Off-Duty". Then you should be able to find the rest of the items. (Khan's Shirt is in the Uniform tab, under the Bare Chest options.)

Got it now. Thanks so much!!!! Sorry for the noobish question. Not quite the UI I was expecting. ;-)
  • Options
    crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'd love to get the costume. But not enough to install Arc, which will never be installed on my computer.