Install Arc
Options

server down v3 1/30/14 [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2014
    azieruvega wrote: »
    That thread has 164 pages. If we round up and assume the last page has 10 posts, then that means that thread has 1,640 posts in it. Assuming again, that you average five seconds to read through each post (which is low, as it appears to me that many of the posts are paragraphs in length), then that means it would have taken you well over two hours to read the entire thread. That seems unlikely.

2 hours over the week it's been live. I've read every post, and have been reading and watching it since it went live.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    swat842#6435 swat842 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ondolinde wrote: »
    THE PATCH IS A LIE!!

I got the damn thing an hour ago.

Still can't log in.

P.S. No I'm not mad... yet. :p
    ondolinde wrote: »
    Did you lose you sense of humor somewhere?

i might have bout over 56 hour's on sleep debt
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    doming0 wrote: »
    You assume a lot. I choose to believe that Branflakes actually cares about this game and would take the time to do his job and read through it.

dude i have never left and im having trouble keeping up, and i can speed read
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    toctiktoctik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    yaaay i am logged in.
    its back up :)

Interesting.. as I go to check this I find that the "Network Issues" on cryptic's end require a software patch on my end? Ok, I've been nice, but now I call BS!
  • Options
    moofrymoofry Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post

The team that can work on this is all hands on deck, and is working as fast as they can.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Please let everyone there know that their work is appreciated by the 12th Fleet.

As frustrating as it is, "the Federation Elite", and our KDF sister fleet "Elite Defense Force" support the Cryptic staff and wish them wisdom in what they need to do.
    This feels like STO sometimes lol
  • Options
    moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    for when we inevitable do get back in can anyone tell me how to claim/find my khan uni

If you got the email already, it's under the Off Duty menu at the tailor. Click an outfit slot and look for the drop down menu on the Uniform page (Actually click Uniform, not the general outfit thing) and select the Off Duty tab.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • Options
    klingonkiller5klingonkiller5 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    1 buy toilet psper 2 buy milk 3 buy catfood 4 buy 4 gb grahphics card get baterys oppps!!!! im writing my grocery list for tomorow opps!!!! !lolololol
  • Options
    achatefwachatefw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    2 hours over the week it's been live. I've read every post, and have been reading and watching it since it went live.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

OMG You mean you do your job?!?! Ignore the haters. Cheers!
  • Options
    pvtbelgarionpvtbelgarion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Just a question Branflakes, are you going to extend the bonus giveaway of TOS dress uniform? I'm sure I and others who never had a chance to log in until getting home from work and thought they would not have a problem getting the item are wondering the same thing. If this question was already asked and answered sorry for asking it again because I did not go through all the pages.
  • Options
    discordwhoovediscordwhoove Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    swat842012 wrote: »

that is a lie
    Janeway: "Commander, set a new course. There's coffee in that nebula."
    princess_luna__animated_signature__by_c3fear-d4xcdac.gif
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thats small potatoes, read the ENTIRE beef thread in fed forums.

Challenge Issued.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    bayonettawiccanbayonettawiccan Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    STO Needs Eric Bischoff. Controversy Creates Cash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aG3tKUyZ6YU
    LOL After what he and Hogan done to TNA, he's the last thing this seemingly fragile game needs! :P
  • Options
    ondolindeondolinde Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    swat842012 wrote: »

I hear ya.

Been there, done that.

Too damn old to do it now. ;)
  • Options
    mikajensmikajens Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for the hard work and long hours everyone at STO is doing today.

Everyone is acting as if this game is going to be gone tomorrow, when its obvious that we're all trekkies, and want this game to stay around for many, many years... this is only 1 day off... Relax
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Brandon is the Eye of Sauron, he sees ALL!!!!!!!
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    genrldestructiongenrldestruction Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Since it looks like the launcher is downloading a patch, is there a chance of patch notes? Just curious.
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    House of Beautiful is very annoyed that their projects cant be put into cd and they are now going to be a day behind :cool:
  • Options
    bayonettawiccanbayonettawiccan Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Wow from page 80 - 84 in less than 2 minutes....
  • Options
    switchngcswitchngc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Captains, we really need you stay constructive here :) the crashes are not due to QA, not content, not the servers. We're experiencing a network issue. We'll continue doing out best but we need your support in terms of staying constructive. We're just as frustrated but this and we thank you for sticking with us.

As Smirk said, we'll update you once we have more details to share.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Not for nothing, but I do find it highly "questionable" that of the Cryptic (NOT PWE, but Actual Cryptic) games, the one that got a major update today is the one that is down. I would think, and by no means a network expert, that if it were a network issue that other services would be down as well (especially since most unexpected crashes in STO take down Neverwinter and CO as well, at least in my experience).

However... Neverwinter is still UP, Champions Online is still Online, and Tribble is up, just the one server that got a major update earlier today seems to be affected in the Network outage

Again, not saying you are wrong Brandon, or even worse, lying... But I am just saying that Generally I tend not to believe in coincidences.
  • Options
    ogitalogital Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Now that I think about it, there was that Torpedo I fired towards the Entity just before the server went down. Well.......it missed.......and I saw it going and going........then it all went dark.
    I came to explore foreign Galaxies, and now I'm hunting Rabbits
  • Options
    kortaagkortaag Member Posts: 525
    edited January 2014

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Honestly.. I'm impressed by your involvement. Most higher ups wouldn't have the stomach for watching this thread. In fact a selfish man would have ignored it entirely.

I salute ya man.
    May good management be with you.
  • Options
    olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ok, which one of you stinkers crashed the server?
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Vice Squad doesnt care, we just want to kill you all and run the Nova Core 1-5 around ESD space again.

Also I dont speak for them, just me.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
  • Options
    enterprise1701axenterprise1701ax Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Just think, if the server remains down for ten days and there is no game/no season 8.5 for anyone, finally you all will have an idea of what some of us have endured three times over in 2013. As Brandon says, "Cheers!"
  • Options
    origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Sorry, it would take too long for me to go through training, and I'm pretty sure you all want the server up tonight, not next month :P

The team that can work on this is all hands on deck, and is working as fast as they can.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I think its time to get d'angelo out of bed and get him to fix what the team seems unable to do
  • Options
    deasamus6284deasamus6284 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    heres a question and no im not being a smart TRIBBLE what is ur job are you like a dev, gm, moderator or just pr guy

and theres nothing wrong with being a pr guy if you are
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    olivia211 wrote: »
    Ok, which one of you stinkers crashed the server?

You did it.
    Gold.jpg
  • Options
    bigmarine2bigmarine2 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    many months ago i was on at a late hour like this and we hit like 200 or 250 pages
    OOORAH! USMC FOREVER
This discussion has been closed.