What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

server down v3 1/30/14 [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    ishtarscorpioishtarscorpio Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Everybody go watch Trailer Park Boys while you wait.
  • Options
    heracistrikeheracistrike Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2014
    I'm not normally one to post on the forum, of course i'll check the forum for information and to keep up to date with things.

But today's lack of professionalisum on PW's part with this lastest patch is shocking.

I've been with this game on and off since realise, i have taken a few breaks over the past few years of a couple of months here and there.

Now i realise that this post will get one of two responses either you'll agree or you'll flame me, either way it is my opinion.

No matter what spin you put on todays events the fact is clear. PW did not test this new update enough. "I know i know, how can you predict server stress with a new update" This is what people will be screeking.

Well for those of you that have never been in program testing there are way to predict and simulate server stress, it's not unpredictable. ( no excuses there )

Now i'm no longer a subscriber my return three weeks ago was to see if STO was worth the subcription money in this ever tightening economy. It was looking good. until yesterday afternoon when the server went down.

My biggest problem with whats happening is if the payment system goes down, it's back up within 1 hr ( of course it is, they must have ways to our wallets ) But the product that we pay for, or pay towards the upkeep of ( I.E. Buying Zen ) has taken over 12 hrs for then to get stable. What other digital product would people be willing to put up with such shoddy serivce.

As gamers we should demand more. The money we part with is no less important than the money we pay for our cable TV or even our internet connections. At the very least PW should add lost time to subscription accounts ... at the least.

Coming back to us every few hours saying " opps our bad, it will be up soon " is not good enough. infact it's starting to sound like a scratched record. If you can't get the new update stable then do the only reasonable thing you can. Remove it and revert to an earlier version until your able to solve the stablilty issues.

My advice with that is break down what your adding in, new episode , then the hud changes for quick swapping , trying to cram it all in one update is likely why it has become so unstable.

Okay it's out of my system now, i'll give PW another 4 hrs to get the game up and stable and still be willing to resub, if they fail then my guess is this mission is over.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ondolinde wrote: »
    are We There Yet?

No.

Are We There Yet?

No.

Are We There Yet?

No.

Are We There Yet?

No.

Are We There Yet?

No.

Are We There Yet?

No.

Are We There Yet?

No.

Are We There Yet?

No.

Are You Annoyed Yet?

;p

^^^
    Don't Make Me Turn This Thread Around! :d ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Being constructive =/= we can't have some fun :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

FUN, you call waiting for game to get fixed this long fun? ill tell you what fun is- getting into game and it not crashing. killing everyone and thing that game lets me. shame they all aren't Klingons. :(
  • Options
    aelrhianaaelrhiana Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have been up since 2am AUS time, did a 3 hour trip to Sydney, a 3 hour trip back after about 2-3 hours there. Got home logged into my character walked from the great hall on Qo'Nos to the door to the transporter room and bang it died. What timing on my part. I am going to bed early tonight, probably won't bother with the game if it ain't up by 5PM. Might just read my novel, Cold Equasions - The Body Electric that I started before I went to bed last night. :D

I have serious doubts of it being up by 5. I don't go to bed till 10pm or so, but if I had a guess, I would say the game won't be stable enough to play till sometime in the next day or two. It was the same song and dance last year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    cassiann wrote: »
    Hey Branflakes instead of posting replies to this thread why not break out the whips and thumbscrews and get the servers back up?

Somewhere in the fictional universe, a Cardassian toddler is laughing at you for implying that his baby toys could be used as torture devices.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • Options
    platewearingbirdplatewearingbird Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Why is no one complaining about having to rebuild the power tray every time you switch ships?

That's old news, we're concerned with 4th anniversary problems here.
  • Options
    strahdv1strahdv1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Iconians? This whole thing reeks of a Nemisis plot
  • Options
    bigmarine2bigmarine2 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    okay have any of you ever played SWTOR because when things went down there and i still played it we had JAWA WARS!!! :D
    OOORAH! USMC FOREVER
  • Options
    majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have to ask some of the people getting all hot and bothered...are you new?

It's a Thursday.

It's a Thursday after a patch.

It's a Thursday after a patch that included major new content.

It is the 8 pm server crash associated with a Thursday new content patch.

Some of us still remember the patch to fix the patch of the patch for the Romulan content roll out...

Hey Cryptic...can we get accolades for these, that would be awesome.

After all is said and done, it's miles ahead of SWTOR.

The Romulan release wasn't as bad (at least for me) as some of the other earlier releases, but point taken. I knew this was going to happen. It happens everytime they release new content. Sometimes I think they should just do yearly expansions so we only have to deal with this kind of thing once a year.

But a better choice would be improve their services and test the content for more than a few minutes.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • Options
    kanumerakanumera Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hmmm

1 Fe = 400 Req = 1Hr
    1 Q mission/day = 40 Req/day = 15 days for having the 600 next...
    then...
    1Fed + 1Kli + 1 Rom = 1HrX3 + [(40x15)X3]
    then...
    27 days / (24H/server crash)

We arrive at this absolute conclusion... NO HOPE !

Activating self destruct instance...

PS : Come on at RSI'S Website Guys !!!!
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited January 2014
  • Options
    sudonamisudonami Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    so whats your favorite thing about chocolate cake, mines the moist centre

THE CAKE IS A LIE! :eek:
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,954 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Somewhere in the fictional universe, a Cardassian toddler is laughing at you for implying that his baby toys could be used as torture devices.

I'm generally not one to leave a post at this, but I have to say it.

lol
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    yaaay i am logged in.
    its back up :)
  • Options
    deasamus6284deasamus6284 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ok heres a honest question/ statment

like i said eariler i consider myself a gamer but when it comes to computers as long as they work i dont care cause im having fun.

but i never send bug support tickets cause i dont know what to say. they all most alyways say be as descriptive as you can.

after i patched my game kept freezing at romulas loading screen no error message just stop responding.

hth they gonna know what wrong with just that.
  • Options
    phelanpkphelanpk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Don't flaunt your ignorance! Apparently you don't even know what a port is. I'm still trying to determine whether that's funny or sad.

Well, you keep assuming I don't know what a port is, and I'll keep knowing you don't know what sarcasm is.

But now that I'm bored of reading so much ignorance in one place, I think I'll go **** around with my linux server that I run a media server, FTP server and web server from.
    If only I can remember which port to remove the playdough from.
  • Options
    klingonkiller5klingonkiller5 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    please start that thing up
  • Options
    shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You mean the thread I've replied to and have read every single post of, and have wrote a detailed feedback report about? :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

EDIT

This one ----^

The very one! The poor things poured their flinty little hearts into it and now you're asking them to muster that kind of bile and anger up -again-? What kind of slave-driver are you?! :)
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm gonna play some Star Street Trek Fighter
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    starksto#1067 starksto Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I am amazed at how fast this thread is growing with not much at all really being said.

:cool::D:rolleyes:;)
    Fleet Admiral/Chancellor
    Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
    Looking for a fun and friendly fleet?
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Kumbaya my Q, Kumbaya
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    jeffjustifuljeffjustiful Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I bought STO when the game was released. I bought the boxed collectors edition, with the metal communicator pin.

I played for 4-5 months. I left because the game was not really complete, it had bugs and crashed a lot. I tried back for a few days a a couple years ago, still not done.

Here I am 4 years latter I started playing 3 days ago.

My problems so far.

First PROBLEM -- Getting online.

1. I had to get my STO account linked to a PWE account. It took me about 20 minutes to find the correct knowledge base article. I tried and tried and tried again. But those links, in the knowledge base had expired. I could not use the website. After 1.5 hours it was time for a new plan.

2. I found a new knowledge base article, about how to link the account using the "Launcher". Which would have worked, but after after downloading the ARC client... which is the only client available on the website, I found a problem after installing the game. IT DID NOT do what it was supposed to do. Since I had to use my "New" PWE account to login, that was not linked to STO it automaticly logged me in as that, with no option to logout. Once it game, it refered me back to the launcher to link my account when I attempted to change my login in game. 1.5 hours of downloading and trying.

3. Desperate I decided I needed the old launcher. I went to STEAM. I downloaded that client. I was then able to link my account properly easily. HOWEVER, by downloading steam client my old client corrupted the files. I had to re-install the game. (another 45 minutes)

Second Problem -- Buying legacy expansion.

1. During the download process before linking my accounts, I decided to buy Legacy. I went to the website, ordered it. Went to paypal. I paid for it. Then 5 minutes latter it refunded the transaction.

2. Now I just took $160 from my bank account, to paypal. Then they refunded it, which takes 3 days. Now I am out $160 for 3 days, and still need to pay for the expansion.

3. I then went to Steam. I bought the expansion, no problems. Reasoning I will repay my bank account with the paypal refund once it comes through.

Third Problem -- Where the F is my stuff.

1. I had a LOT of credits of ingame money from being a subscriber for over a year after I quit playing. However, I only had 800 ZEN when I logged in. I was frustrated to say the least. Also I can only access 1 of my collectors edition awards. The red matter item. WHERE DID MY Collectors edition items go. I WANT THEM back. I paid a lot of extra money for them.

2. I KNOW i had more Items before I quit playing. I have no idea where they went. I also had items on the auction house. I was unable to retrieve them from mails. I just had to delete.

Fourth Problem ---

1. Today is about my 3rd day "playing". It is also the anniversary. I can't play most of the day. I am re-evaluating my live choices, and the meaning of the universe. I may be losing my mind.

On the proside
    1. I like the game now more then before.
    2. The game is far more complicated now then before, when it was not finished.
    3. I gave you a total of $225 .. in 3 days. 160 for expansion + 50 for zen + 15 subscription. I would have otherwise wasted this money on 4-6 working new games.

In conclusion:

I am computer savvy. Played online games for 15 years. If it was this hard for me to come back to STO, I can only imagine how hard it would be for someone less willing to suffer through figuring it out on their own.

Fix your knowledge base, make it easier for old players to return, and for the love of god DON'T refund a paypal payment unless asked to do so, that is a lot of money to be tied up for days. Even after 3 days when it goes back to paypal, it takes another 3-5 days to put it back in your account. If I was hurting for money I would have had to wait 5-8 business days to attempt to purchase it again. Luckily I can afford another $160 dollars and can wait to put the paypal money back in when I get the refund in my account.
  • Options
    morkebergmorkeberg Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    did the devs post an ETA on the fix time yet?
  • Options
    lfspawnnerlfspawnner Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    204mb patch. *fingers crossed*
  • Options
    klingonkiller5klingonkiller5 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ok its getting boring to wait all night
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2014
    cassiann wrote: »
    Hey Branflakes instead of posting replies to this thread why not break out the whips and thumbscrews and get the servers back up?

Sorry, it would take too long for me to go through training, and I'm pretty sure you all want the server up tonight, not next month :P

The team that can work on this is all hands on deck, and is working as fast as they can.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    palinell69palinell69 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hope these guys actually listen to some of this feedback from all these guys. People are heading off to play other games, very bad for this games long term success, even more so on a major content release day, which is supposed to draw people in.

Many of us expected Zen/Dil on the exchange to rapidly pass 135 and we had set up to profit on this selling Zen going off past history. The fact it has not if a very bad sign the game is not seeing alot of new , just old guys giving the game a chance again. and again being disappointed.

I do not want to see this game end up like City of Heros, or follow the legacy of epic failure games tat most Star trek game titles do, disrespecting the shows 50+ year legacy
  • Options
    drakie79drakie79 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    To be honest I think that these failures are the high point of the game for most people. agitated people who want to play post, then you get those who are bored with the game who suddenly have something to amuse them.... by reacting to these posts. My only question is are all online game communities like this?
  • Options
    bayonettawiccanbayonettawiccan Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    yaaay i am logged in.
    its back up :)

http://tinyurl.com/l794pge
This discussion has been closed.