What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

server down v3 1/30/14 [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    gatsie7gatsie7 Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Is there an educated guess on when the severs will be back up ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pozmedley1963pozmedley1963 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    "Network" can also include network hardware, keep that in mind :) Those other games/ services are unaffected, luckily.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I don't think it would matter what you said the issue was. Nine out of ten threads like this on any site imply that the only people who know how to run a website/game/server/etc., are the ones who actually don't but have all the time in the world to speculate on why the people who are doing it are doing it wrong and ALL from the comfort of their own chairs without so much as even the luxury of being able to see the instant replay your average armchair quarterback can point to and say 'See!!! Right THERE!!! THAT'S where he @*#&TRIBBLE it all up!'
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Everyone shoukd just go outside when the game is down.

*walks out* MY EYES THE BURN!!!! what IS all this light!!!
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    bigmarine2bigmarine2 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Everything about this anniversary event has had catastrophe written all over it right from the outset. It's not just the server crashes, it's that, combined with grinding for a ship on top of the same ship coming latter in a C-store pack. Every time I come back to the forum all I can do is start laughing thinking about the absurdity of it all. I guess that's a form of entertainment but it's hardly the kind I was anticipating. Oh well back to watching Ender's Game.

How is Enders Game worth getting?
    OOORAH! USMC FOREVER
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    gatsie7 wrote: »

sometime later.
  • Options
    olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Now I want cereal. STO cereal.
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • Options
    souli76souli76 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    See, This Is What Happens When You Push The Big Red Button!!!!
  • Options
    achatefwachatefw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014

When they are working properly.

Cheers!
  • Options
    gurluasgurluas Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The D'kyr must be available to Romulans!
    Vulcans and Romulans must unite...Oh wrong thread.

But yeah keep it up Bran, I know you're not holding back.
  • Options
    erraberrab Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I ran the party patrol mini mission and it was all kinds of buggy.

The mini Q UI would be there one second and gone the next.

The Q would sometimes sprint into a wall or three and not be catchable.

The useless Random NPC that walk around block your line of sight the Q hiding in the boxes.

Running the event was a nightmare at Starfleet Academy.

Hey Cryptic here's something that might ease the strain on the poor hamster.

Turn off all the NPC's that are walking around while this Grindfest is running.

Or even better just get rid of the Party Patrol mini game all together, it has to be by far the worst mini game that could have been chosen for this Event.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kaeajakaeaja Member Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    wildboar wrote: »
    I love that you all think it is cryptics fault you have bad internet and computers

Dude be quiet, everyone is unable to play and even Cryptic has acknowledge that its a server problem, grow up.
  • Options
    captainpetey001captainpetey001 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    For your amusement ...
    http://vimeo.com/44941848
  • Options
    bayonettawiccanbayonettawiccan Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »

I think it's snowing for some people....
  • Options
    deasamus6284deasamus6284 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014

oh so your a geek like the rest of us sweet
  • Options
    sarosssaross Member Posts: 248 Media Corps
    edited January 2014

Second cycle of infinity.
    Need help with a mission to beat it? Visit http://pilotreviewshow.com to learn how we can help!

Top DPS 102k
  • Options
    priestofsin420priestofsin420 Member Posts: 419
    edited January 2014
    everyone Shoukd Just Go Outside When The Game Is Down.

*walks Out* My Eyes The Burn!!!! What Is All This Light!!!

Augh! Doesn't This World Have A Bloom Slider?
    Sardak (Science Officer): Captain of a 23k DPS R'Mor Temporal Science Vessel, R.R.W. Vathos
    Odan Brota (Science Officer): Captain of a 28k DPS Scryer Intel Science Vessel, U.S.S. Kepler
    Patiently waiting for a Romulan Science Vessel
  • Options
    megasilvermegasilver Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hey, it could be worse. This game could be Day 1: Gary's Incident.
  • Options
    olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited January 2014

It's night time here. I did go outside a short time ago. I saw 2 cats and a raccoon. It looks like some people are already going crazy over this. Come on, guys. Server deaths happen. Every single game out there has issues, MMOs especially because of their complexity.

You know there is plenty of Star Trek on Netflix to tide you over till the server is back.
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • Options
    razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Brandon,

I would like to thank you for doing all that you can to keep all of us up to date, and also for reading all of the post that you have. I know that it takes time, and patience to do so.

Also, I thank the team that is working hard to get things up and running again. It looks like you all may have a long night.

I am looking forward to the first chance I get to play through the Featured Episode. I thought that Tim Russ was an awesome actor, and played a Vulcan very good. It is good to see him back in this role.

Good luck with things.

Tim.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
  • Options
    deasamus6284deasamus6284 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014

nah the guy who posted about the shirt that says im only here cause my game crashed got u beat.
  • Options
    cassianncassiann Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Does anyone else feel this is becoming Cryptic's new Doctrine?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCLtr33MBZ4
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2014
    Update! We're conducting our final checks now before opening the server. Additionally, We were able to patch Holodeck during the outage. At this time, this will replace our planned morning maintenance. We'll let you know if this changes.

Notes can be read here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1002401

I'll post and resolve the thread as soon as we open it back up (10-12 min or so).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited January 2014

You guys live where? It's night out.
  • Options
    dalmaciusdalmacius Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Are you sure this isn't government run operation?

Maybe influenced by them trying to get info on us all, i.e. how often we play the game and what faction is our favorite, etc.

The last time this happened I said someone tripped on the cable connections. This time there may be Al Qaeda trying to reach paradise bringing with them servers to play the game there.
  • Options
    kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I think Cryptic needs to shut all of its servers down and call it a day.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • Options
    sniper1187sniper1187 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    switchngc wrote: »
    Not for nothing, but I do find it highly "questionable" that of the Cryptic (NOT PWE, but Actual Cryptic) games, the one that got a major update today is the one that is down. I would think, and by no means a network expert, that if it were a network issue that other services would be down as well (especially since most unexpected crashes in STO take down Neverwinter and CO as well, at least in my experience).

However... Neverwinter is still UP, Champions Online is still Online, and Tribble is up, just the one server that got a major update earlier today seems to be affected in the Network outage

Again, not saying you are wrong Brandon, or even worse, lying... But I am just saying that Generally I tend not to believe in coincidences.

Two of Gibbs rules come to mind.

Rule #3: Don't believe what you're told. Double check.

Rule #39: There is no such thing as coincidence.

lol.
    "Nuke the entire site from orbit--it's the only way to be sure"
  • Options
    achatefwachatefw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Update! We're conducting our final checks now before opening the server. Additionally, We were able to patch Holodeck during the outage. At this time, this will replace our planned morning maintenance. We'll let you know if this changes.

Notes can be read here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1002401

I'll post and resolve the thread as soon as we open it back up (10-12 min or so).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thank the Network Team for rolling tomorrow into tonight. Much appreciated!
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,954 Arc User
    edited January 2014

What...jumping makes me move more slowly.

WHAT IS THIS MADNESS!
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    genrldestructiongenrldestruction Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

AWESOME!! Thank the team for me.
This discussion has been closed.