What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

server down v3 1/30/14 [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    benwalker2benwalker2 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    most people get so butthurt over these things Offs it is a game it is not the end of your life
    I have plenty of other games to play and this is standard after every major and minor update
    well I hate to say this but to me this is nothing new. SO REALLY NO BIG LOSS:rolleyes:
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    OMG!!! The big cheese ball in the sky ate the big Fireball, and now the sky is black????? is this normal WHAT'S GOING ON!!!!!:confused:
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm not suggesting the crash is due to them blocking anything, but asking if they can block people signing on AFTER a crash, so they can fix things....and would THAT give the appearance of the network being okay when pinged.
    A sign-in block would produce correct ping, correct connection, and explicit client-based failure message. We're getting correct ping, connection refusal, no client message. Which means server is up, network is clear, game is down.
    I see all these comments about 'I pinged it, it's fine' but these come after the fact. Did anyone ping it before it went down??? or at the exact moment for comparison???
    I ping nearly continuously, 24/7, specifically to identify any causes of lag in case I have to reroute my connection to dodge Cogent issues. Ping has been uninterrupted during this time: In fact, ping actually went DOWN at the moment the server failed and network traffic fell sharply.

I have extensive experience in identifying server failures and their approximate causes as best as can be determined remotely, to the point where I can recognize everything from "global Internet disruption" to "local datacenter disruption" to "hamster failure" to "server suspended due to dispute with hosting company".

What we're looking at here is a pretty case of "service daemon failure".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    swat842#6435 swat842 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So Can't wait to get back in an Play some STO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wildboarwildboar Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    astimingpyle the only person with a good response, yes you are right, I am sorry my sarcasm does not work but when I say things like STO has a mission bug or server is down, I get blamed for having bad computer or having bad internet so I pass that on to all of you :)
  • Options
    genrldestructiongenrldestruction Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The "network issue" may not be between the client and the login server. I could be between the login server and some other hardware. They probably shut down the login server software (but not the physical box) while they're trying to fix whatever the issue is. I wouldn't jump to conclusions here. They may have oversimplified their explanation for the benefit of the unwashed masses, but I highly doubt they are flat out lying.

Actually, you probably wouldn't be able to directly reach the game servers from the outside world anyway. Likely there is some kind of proxy/firewall in the way. Pinging the game servers from the outside might get a reply from the proxy, but if there is a network issue between the proxy and the game server you'd never know.
  • Options
    priestofsin420priestofsin420 Member Posts: 419
    edited January 2014
    Iconians.... Damn Iconians!
    Sardak (Science Officer): Captain of a 23k DPS R'Mor Temporal Science Vessel, R.R.W. Vathos
    Odan Brota (Science Officer): Captain of a 28k DPS Scryer Intel Science Vessel, U.S.S. Kepler
    Patiently waiting for a Romulan Science Vessel
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    phelanpk wrote: »
    Oh, you mean them there fancy holes in the back a my rou ter that I can plug purdy coloured wires into and make them flashy lights glow? I plug 'em with playdough to keep you hacker-types out!

*sigh*

Don't flaunt your ignorance! Apparently you don't even know what a port is. I'm still trying to determine whether that's funny or sad.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    ondolindeondolinde Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Are we there yet?

No.

Are we there yet?

No.

Are we there yet?

No.

Are we there yet?

No.

Are we there yet?

No.

Are we there yet?

No.

Are we there yet?

No.

Are we there yet?

No.

Are you annoyed yet?

;p
  • Options
    dynexbelkin12dynexbelkin12 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Again? Really?..... FAIL
  • Options
    drakie79drakie79 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Iconians..... yes funny...... broken game..........yes funny.......... you are all taking it too seriously........ yes funny.........
    at the end of the day they are getting paid and to laugh off their mistakes is insulting. Had I not invested so much time, and money when I had it, into the game I would ditch it.
  • Options
    pozmedley1963pozmedley1963 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    pwebranflakes says it's a network issue.

Doffingcomrade shows it's NOT a network issue.

Sup?

Not to sound 'flip'...but so far I've read a lot of talk but nobody has actually SHOWN me anything.
  • Options
    deasamus6284deasamus6284 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You mean the thread I've replied to and have read every single post of, and have wrote a detailed feedback report about? :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

EDIT

This one ----^

not fair he gets a reply and i dont im telling :P
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You mean the thread I've replied to and have read every single post of, and have wrote a detailed feedback report about? :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

--> http://pastebin.com/ <--
  • Options
    renulinrenulin Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2014
  • Options
    bigmarine2bigmarine2 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i'm feeling very tempted to try and see if xbox live will let me back on i might as well try BF4
    OOORAH! USMC FOREVER
  • Options
    majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    aelrhiana wrote: »
    I've been up since a little after 7am Aus time; it is now just after 4pm. I have been able to play a grand total of 40 minutes thanks to all of the outages. I have not been able to complete the mission a single time. If the 400 Qmendations were for Day 1 only... Are you going to give that reward to everyone who couldn't even complete it on day 1? I shouldn't have to grind the event for all 25 days all because you can't keep your single server from being overwhelmed.

I'm tired of waiting around today, hoping I get to play.

I'm going to go play TERA or something.

I have been up since 2am AUS time, did a 3 hour trip to Sydney, a 3 hour trip back after about 2-3 hours there. Got home logged into my character walked from the great hall on Qo'Nos to the door to the transporter room and bang it died. What timing on my part. I am going to bed early tonight, probably won't bother with the game if it ain't up by 5PM. Might just read my novel, Cold Equasions - The Body Electric that I started before I went to bed last night. :D
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Why is no one complaining about having to rebuild the power tray every time you switch ships?
  • Options
    drakie79drakie79 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Maybe its a ploy to boost lobi sales? You can buy the q things right?
  • Options
    swat842#6435 swat842 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Testing to see if my pic is working
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.
  • Options
    cassianncassiann Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hey Branflakes instead of posting replies to this thread why not break out the whips and thumbscrews and get the servers back up?
  • Options
    starksto#1067 starksto Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    nabreeki wrote: »
    Can I have your stuff?

Now that's funny.
    Fleet Admiral/Chancellor
    Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
    Looking for a fun and friendly fleet?
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The servers are made out of PEOPLE!!!!
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    nabreeki wrote: »
    Can I have your stuff?

The word you're looking for is HAZ, not 'have.' HAZ, very important. :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Not to sound 'flip'...but so far I've read a lot of talk but nobody has actually SHOWN me anything.

Riveting tale, old chap.
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,950 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    cassiann wrote: »
    Hey Branflakes instead of posting replies to this thread why not break out the whips and thumbscrews and get the servers back up?

I'm sure he can multitask. :P
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well, I'm turning in for the night. Try not to burn down/stab-to-death-with-pitchforks the forums while I'm gone!
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
This discussion has been closed.