test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

server down v3 1/30/14 [Resolved!]

Comments

• doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    And yes, your Windoze has many, many open ports per default (for all those nasty RPC's that just keep getting exploited). Unless you specifically firewall your traffic (preferably at router level itself to begin with), checking whether your computer is turned on or off would be a trivial exercise.
    Truth is, default Windoze Firewall configuration and most routers do not return pings at all, and running ping tests against home computers tends to yield inconclusive results. I'm not jumping to a conclusion based on inconclusive non-data. I'm saying that we are being openly lied to about the nature of this failure because the data explicitly contradicts the claims.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • christopher0184christopher0184 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Star Trek Online Season 9 title:
    The Rickroll Frontier

Basic summary of content:

New ship: Astley-class cruiser

Ship ability/console: Rickroll console - When this ability is activated it causes all enemy and friendly ships to self-destruct within ten seconds, even as "Never gonna give you up" is broadcast throughout all of the ships.

New sector: Rick sector

Sector features: All systems have at least one planet which is populated by nothing but clones of Rick Astley, all of whom will sing "Never gonna give you up" to anyone that beams down.
    Guarding the planets are multiple Astley-class cruisers.

Related, I think:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BROWqjuTM0g
    Strike%2C_S.Rouge%2C_Freedom.png
    Primary ship: U.S.S. Lacus Clyne, Dyson Science Destroyer/U.S.S. Fausticorn, Multi-Mission Reconnaissance Explorer
    Secondary ship: U.S.S. Rainbow Dash, Odyssey Tactical Cruiser/I.S.S. Princess Cadance, Mirror Assault Cruiser
    Tertiary ship: I.S.S. Freedom Gundam, Mirror Deep Space Science Vessel
    My YouTube Channel
  • in2uranusin2uranus Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    My screen name is more fitting now than ever.
  • therealmttherealmt Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Wahats going on with the server??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So....how is everyone else's night going...just got home from work and I see STO is down...:(
  • toctiktoctik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    P.S. I'm not saying it was Iconians. But it was Iconians.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Nice touch
  • jkuang13jkuang13 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    "Our ‪#‎STO‬ mid-season update, Season 8.5, is now live on Holodeck!

Learn about the new features you will experience in this update here: http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1088781"

This was posted on Facebook two hours ago, lols.
    [SIGPIC]Working as intended.[/SIGPIC]
  • wildboarwildboar Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    cryptic does not believe in a no-win scenario when it comes to trolls trying to bash their game
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2014
    therealmt wrote: »
    Wahats going on with the server??

Iconians.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • pozmedley1963pozmedley1963 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    That's not their MO. If they intentionally shutter logins, as they have in the past, you'll get an explicitly visible message in the client indicating that they have done this.

The specific mode of failure we're observing is immediately visible at the exact moment of disconnection, before anyone at Cryptic could even be aware of what has happened. It is not a manually undertaken response. It does not match the failure profile for an intentional deactivation, or any claimed "network failure".

When this happens, the game servers (account servers are fine), all immediately cease to accept connection, explicitly refusing them. The physical servers themselves haven't even failed, they're still there. The game simply crashes.

I'm not suggesting the crash is due to them blocking anything, but asking if they can block people signing on AFTER a crash, so they can fix things....and would THAT give the appearance of the network being okay when pinged.

I see all these comments about 'I pinged it, it's fine' but these come after the fact. Did anyone ping it before it went down??? or at the exact moment for comparison???
  • ondolindeondolinde Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    3rd patch in the last 24 hours is complete.

Someone PLEASE tell me what the heck I'm supposed to do now??
  • mwhitakermwhitaker Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This thread is growing faster than The Doctor's ego upon receiving the portable holoemitter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "The Borg - party-poopers of the galaxy" ~ The Doctor
  • finaltom5finaltom5 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    neppakyo wrote: »
    So I heard it was network problems? If so, why is tribble working just fine?

Maybe it because tribble doesn't have the traffic load Holodeck is getting when the server pops up. Just a guess!
  • vixenjalynnvixenjalynn Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    SO who forgot to pay the internet bill? Did taco eat the bill when he had it wrapped around his taco? Did brandon break the bill with the livestream? *ponders the vast realities of possiblities*
  • plixin1plixin1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    wildboar wrote: »
    I love that you all think it is cryptics fault you have bad internet and computers

There is nothing, even remotely, that was written for you to leap to such a ridiculous comment in this thread. You are broken as bad as the servers at the moment.
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    wildboar wrote: »
    elitest self-entitled RPer

hahahahahahahahahahah

Your joke worked on me 100%. I read that and totally lost it. Well done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Iconians.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

GOD DAMN ICONRIANS! WHY ERRY TIME WE TREKKIES GOTTA MAKE A PATCH, GOD DAMN ICONRIANS GOTTA COME AN' KNOCK IT DAHN?

:mad:
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • morkebergmorkeberg Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I just walked all the way to burger king walked all the way back while eating my meal had a smoke or 3, walked my dog, did my dished, made coffee, cooked more burgers, and the server still isn't up yet? damnit. ><
  • torsten1009torsten1009 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Only 55 pages so far? For shame!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Sorry Brandon, I went to bed during the first server crash, but now I'm back :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If Star Trek Online was an Open-Source (GPL) Game, we would have a low-grind fork.
  • aelrhianaaelrhiana Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've been up since a little after 7am Aus time; it is now just after 4pm. I have been able to play a grand total of 40 minutes thanks to all of the outages. I have not been able to complete the mission a single time. If the 400 Qmendations were for Day 1 only... Are you going to give that reward to everyone who couldn't even complete it on day 1? I shouldn't have to grind the event for all 25 days all because you can't keep your single server from being overwhelmed.

I'm tired of waiting around today, hoping I get to play.

I'm going to go play TERA or something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gjohnny1990gjohnny1990 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    so whats your favorite thing about chocolate cake, mines the moist centre
  • thebluerabbitthebluerabbit Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

You're only encouraging them now, Brandon. But at least it's entertaining.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You can overwork players, but you can't overwork the HAMSTERS!!!
    GwaoHAD.png
  • sychosis99sychosis99 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Most are probably just too disgusted to post. =p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Im loving how all of this downtime is bringing us together as a community LOL
  • kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

you asked us to "Be constructive". Would you like us to go back to what we were doing this afternoon? Back to learning about the Spanish American war?
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    so whats your favorite thing about chocolate cake, mines the moist centre

THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!

gggggggggg
    GwaoHAD.png
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2014
    GOD DAMN ICONRIANS! WHY ERRY TIME WE TREKKIES GOTTA MAKE A PATCH, GOD DAMN ICONRIANS GOTTA COME AN' KNOCK IT DAHN?

:mad:

Not the Iconrians, the I.C.O.N.I.A.N.S. The Iconrians are extinct, their homeworld was destroyed by Icronians.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited January 2014
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The "network issue" may not be between the client and the login server. I could be between the login server and some other hardware. They probably shut down the login server software (but not the physical box) while they're trying to fix whatever the issue is. I wouldn't jump to conclusions here. They may have oversimplified their explanation for the benefit of the unwashed masses, but I highly doubt they are flat out lying.
    That doesn't match the failure profile, which is that, upon connection, you get an immediate "refused". What's more, a manual deactivation would not occur instantaneously at the exact moment of the failure. If someone had taken the daemon down because of an internal network malfunction, it would have taken time, during which you'd get a "you can connect, but no data is sent back because the frontend can't talk to the backend".

This is not something wrong with the network, like meeces chewing through the cables. This is simply the game going CRASH.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.