What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

server down v3 1/30/14 [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    bryliggbryligg Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    A quick ping test reveals the obvious falsity of this claim of "network issues". I have pinged all of the servers of the game. They DO, in fact, respond to pings, and what's more, those response times have never been better, perhaps because no one is actually on anymore.

As such, it is plenty obvious that the network is actually doing fine, and the fact that the response on the port is a flat out CONNECTION REFUSED indicates that the game daemon is simply DOWN.

This is NOT a network issue, the server program has CRASHED. If it were a network issue, I would be seeing terrible pings and connections not getting a response at all, not a prompt response from the server indicating it is not serving.

Ty for posting. Nice to see non-company-approved research.

Honestly their reports sound a bit like the voth...
  • Options
    wildboarwildboar Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    if you have problems playing, you need a new network connection, or a new computer. cryptic is not to blame
  • Options
    thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    wildboar wrote: »
    If something is wrong with your star trek it is because of your computer and network. cryptic does not make mistakes

Then why can I play NFS and surf the web?
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • Options
    quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Everything is ███ fine. ██ ███ trust your government.
    w8xekp.jpg
  • Options
    palinell69palinell69 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I don't care how long the servers are down, I just want to be able to play the new content when it comes back up.

I understand that minor issues and bugs often creep up on a launch day, but there are plenty of developers out there that actually test their new content before release, and the ones who don't are smart to listen to their public testers. The more research I do here on the forums the more I find out that this has been happening for quite some time.

I'm disappointed, and I only started playing this game a couple months ago. I haven't been here putting up with whatever cryptic has been feeding you guys, so I'm not used to it. I'm not one of those perennial dev bashers that all games have, I'm a relatively new customer that they're going to have an uphill battle pleasing from here on out. They're going to have to prove to me that they're not a bunch of screwups that aren't worth my hard earned cash at this point.

Here's hoping I'm a happy STO 8.5 customer by tomorrow.

And no.... I'm not buying the 'network issue' thing, especially considering how borked the release was all day, I also don't like a developer who's first reaction to anything going wrong is to lie to their customers.

I hope so to man, healthy community provides an healthy game, and more content
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It really hasn't been this bad since the F2P launch.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    bryligg wrote: »
    Ty for posting. Nice to see non-company-approved research.

Honestly their reports sound a bit like the voth...

I'm guessing that they don't want players to panic.
  • Options
    moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Your wife disagrees.

The year you thought it would be a good idea to grow mutton chops?

That was the worst anniversary ever, in her opinion.

No idea why. Mutton chops are coming back.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • Options
    z0404z0404 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Don't feed the troll
  • Options
    deasamus6284deasamus6284 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    so its like a router u use for home except for online gaming you need bigger ones and more wires to handle millions of users.
  • Options
    thebluerabbitthebluerabbit Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014

That's the thing about internet sarcasm. Lots of people tend to miss it.
  • Options
    puffeclaudepuffeclaude Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I guess it could be something at Cryptic, where the server is housed, not getting connection to/from the outside.

Neverwinter is Cryptic, it's running fine.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Lots of angry people on here who are trolls themselves but they try to point fingers TROLL TROLL to try and hide they are the real trolls
  • Options
    shaokarshaokar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    captinwh0 wrote: »
    one can see how this may be reasonable

however, its not that the survers are down now, its just the buildup from consistent and ever lasting bugs-crashes and game breaking glitches.

^ this and this again, theres way more bugs than the devs seem to ever acknowledge and some of these have been there for years... and to boot... the bug reporting system in game, is also bugged, now that is funny.
  • Options
    chrisbrown12009chrisbrown12009 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    if you have problems playing, you need a new network connection, or a new computer. cryptic is not to blame

this is a trolling dev i KNOW IT.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    That's the thing about internet sarcasm. Lots of people tend to miss it.

I know it's sarcasm, it was sarcasm back. Lots of people tend to miss internet sarcasm, huh? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    stf65stf65 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    jim625 wrote: »
    seriously bearly had a chance to play it:mad:
    Virtually every season has this problem: multiple crashed. We're just lucky we're not dealing with the queue issues from LoR. The nerd rage from players who actually had to wait 10-20 minutes before they could get into the game was deafening. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    bendalek wrote: »
    Internet Rule No: ... I dunno' ...

*** DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS ***

Hopefully a Mod will come along soon and delete/move yet another one of these posts ...

been here longer than you have bendalek troll
  • Options
    ishtarscorpioishtarscorpio Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    brett68 wrote: »
    Bugga... now I have to spend time with the family.

I went out and sat in the lounge room with everybody else, and the room fell silent... no one knows what to do now.

I'm thinking of getting a t-shirt made up to wear on these occassions...

"I'm only here because the game server is offline... again!"

Hey, I don't remember having this many kids...!

Nominated for best threads post...
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Goodnight servers and STO
  • Options
    thebluerabbitthebluerabbit Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I know it's sarcasm, it was sarcasm back. Lots of people tend to miss internet sarcasm, huh? :rolleyes:

And thus we create an entire "missed sarcasm" singularity. We're screwed.
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited January 2014
    stf65 wrote: »
    Virtually every season has this problem: multiple crashed. We're just lucky we're not dealing with the queue issues from LoR. The nerd rage from players who actually had to wait 10-20 minutes before they could get into the game was deafening. :)

LOL Season 7... longest queues I've seen... 3-4hrs to get it.....
  • Options
    riddlinsriddlins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I could never finish the new mission cause of the server problem.. I have having like 3 dyson EV suit
  • Options
    gjohnny1990gjohnny1990 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    something something..... tribble....... something something core breach....
  • Options
    mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I don't care how long the servers are down, I just want to be able to play the new content when it comes back up.

I understand that minor issues and bugs often creep up on a launch day, but there are plenty of developers out there that actually test their new content before release, and the ones who don't are smart to listen to their public testers. The more research I do here on the forums the more I find out that this has been happening for quite some time.

I'm disappointed, and I only started playing this game a couple months ago. I haven't been here putting up with whatever cryptic has been feeding you guys, so I'm not used to it. I'm not one of those perennial dev bashers that all games have, I'm a relatively new customer that they're going to have an uphill battle pleasing from here on out. They're going to have to prove to me that they're not a bunch of screwups that aren't worth my hard earned cash at this point.

Here's hoping I'm a happy STO 8.5 customer by tomorrow.

And no.... I'm not buying the 'network issue' thing, especially considering how borked the release was all day, I also don't like a developer who's first reaction to anything going wrong is to lie to their customers.

Content and testing isn't the problem here... it's network related. If it were content you would at least get to the login server and then get bumped after it tries to place you on the map. Instead you timeout trying to reach the login server.

Content problems usually work the same way as trying to login during a patch update... You get past the login server, and then to the load screen, and then bam!, You get booted out because the content is offline.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • Options
    chrisbrown12009chrisbrown12009 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    been here longer than you have bendalek troll

^ is either a trolling dev or a trolling mod. which?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Good thing February 2nd is the real anniversary.
  • Options
    deasamus6284deasamus6284 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Nominated for best threads post...

only one problem if you online so long how did u find the time to make those kids
This discussion has been closed.