server down v3 1/30/14 [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    originalspockoriginalspock Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited January 2014
  • Options
    locozocolocozoco Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Neverwinter is Cryptic, it's running fine.

True, Neverwinter is Cryptic and running fine, but keep in mind this is a server issue and these games run off of DIFFERENT servers.
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited January 2014
    Good thing February 2nd is the real anniversary.

Indeed... and was up Galaxy.... good to see you again... :)
  • Options
    thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So, if the game is corrupt and there's no backup, it's gonna be a while?

Depends on how bad it is. It seems pretty bad, I wouldn't be surprised if they're still doing maintenance tomorrow morning.
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • Options
    stf65stf65 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ^ is either a trolling dev or a trolling mod. which?

Neither. He's angry because he was called out on a nerd rage post so now he's posting this way in all the treads.
  • Options
    puffeclaudepuffeclaude Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    mikefl wrote: »
    Content and testing isn't the problem here... it's network related. If it were content you would at least get to the login server and then get bumped after it tries to place you on the map. Instead you timeout trying to reach the login server.

Content problems usually work the same way as trying to login during a patch update... You get past the login server, and then to the load screen, and then bam!, You get booted out because the content is offline.

No, they've had content problems all day, the 'network down' bull is them trying to get some of it fixed without actually admitting they broke it in the first place.
  • Options
    thumpyechothumpyecho Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Anyone else find it amusing that a game like STO is having "technical difficulties" like what usually happened in episodes the game itself is centered around?

Like when the holoshed was on the fritz -

.....they just re-modulate the inverse of the shield harmonics to reflect tachyons back at their electro-quantum structure.....................
    and then someone has a simple analogy like putting to much air in a balloon.....

....I crack myself up....
  • Options
    darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    locozoco wrote: »
    True, Neverwinter is Cryptic and running fine, but keep in mind this is a server issue and these games run off of DIFFERENT servers.

Yes, Neverwinter has a new server. STO's server was made in the 70s and keeps getting patched up with duct tape and string.
  • Options
    jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i think the 3rd anniversery didnt suffer any issus if i remember right?
  • Options
    grimreaper33grimreaper33 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I think you are right about the ddos.
  • Options
    jimwatson87jimwatson87 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2014
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    you would think after 4 years this would not happen any more hey when its was V2 i went and moved around my room come back now its V3 lmao
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    wildboarwildboar Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    not a trolling dev I just know that problems like this are caused by ppl with bad internet and slow computers who complain and want the world, instead of paying for better equipment
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,973 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    hagar3 wrote: »
    Agreed. I have seen it happen loads of times and its not anyone's fault...it just happens no matter how hard you try to avoid it.

Or even if there is a solution it might not be economical. Let's just assume its a problem with their networks capacity. What do they do to fix it? Pay for the upgrade to a faster system just to hedge their bets against the two or three major content releases per year that might explode in their faces? Where's the sense in spending that money on so small a time frame if only to avoid a little forum rage that never seems to pan out into anything more substantial once those servers do get back online. It certainly would be nice but we have to keep things in perspective.

Just sit back folks, watch an episode or two of star trek, and simply keep an eye on that server indicator light.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    deasamus6284deasamus6284 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    didnt perfect world buy cryptic so isnt it just perfect world now or am i being dumb again
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Indeed... and was up Galaxy.... good to see you again... :)

Hi. BTW, if you're bored and feel like posting, go back to the server down v3 thread... lots of opportunities for puns. :)Here are ten characters right here
  • Options
    gjohnny1990gjohnny1990 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    wildboar wrote: »
    not a trolling dev I just know that problems like this are caused by ppl with bad internet and slow computers who complain and want the world, instead of paying for better equipment

Troll of the year award!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    you people that think you deserve something after 4 yrs of anniversary parties you all are hilarious and sad. make your own perfect game that can last for four years with this many people playing. troll
  • Options
    csbastiancsbastian Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Captains, we really need you stay constructive here :) the crashes are not due to QA, not content, not the servers. We're experiencing a network issue. We'll continue doing out best but we need your support in terms of staying constructive. We're just as frustrated but this and we thank you for sticking with us.

As Smirk said, we'll update you once we have more details to share.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thanks for the damage control message, however as a 2 year vet and speaking for the 300 members we have in our STO fleet. It is unfortunate that we have come to expect these types of issues every new content launch.
    Just throwing this out for consideration: Perhaps launching smaller patches over a period of time would be a better idea considering how disastrous every single roll-out of new content has gone over the last 2 years.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    jim625 wrote: »
    i think the 3rd anniversery didnt suffer any issus if i remember right?

Oh. It did. Reputation blanked out... yikes.
  • Options
    pozmedley1963pozmedley1963 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    didnt perfect world buy cryptic so isnt it just perfect world now or am i being dumb again

yeah. Anyway.

Just who is driving this train?
  • Options
    noegenicnoegenic Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Networks and pings bull, I know whats going on here OBAMACARE !!!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    daan2006 wrote: »
    you would think after 4 years this would not happen any more hey when its was V2 i went and moved around my room come back now its V3 lmao
    It only happens on days when player login in a rabid frenzy. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited January 2014
    Hi. BTW, if you're bored and feel like posting, go back to the server down v3 thread... lots of opportunities for puns. :)Here are ten characters right here

done that... need a new thread!!!
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Just until the next server downtime... :D
  • Options
    bluntedjbluntedj Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2014
    Ok, I am a total n00b. I played for 3 months when the game launched. I just came back and it seems like I chose a cool time to do so, especially since I rolled a new Science Officer.

Someone mentioned grind. Seriously, have you played other MMO's?

Here is my calculation of this so called "grind" - do the mission with Tuvok (!), get 400 Qmendations. The other Q quest gets 40 per day. That's one mission every day for 15 days (600 Qmendations).

That's it just to get this new Dyson ship? Does anyone remember the grind to get the dragon mount in WoW? That was a grind. :)

Ok, yes, if you rolled 10 characters, and you want them for each, then yes, it's a grind, oh wait, shoot, all of you rolled 10+ characters.

Yeah...it is a grind for you.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Troll of the year award!

Making funny harmless puns isn't trolling.
  • Options
    hagar3hagar3 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It only happens on days when player login in a rabid frenzy. :P

Pretty much all the time then lol
    In case no one can hear you...scream
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    lol troll of the year award given by a jan 2014 joiner!
  • Options
    tangolighttangolight Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited January 2014

That's happened to other games before.
    http://kotaku.com/5859963/an-entire-mmo-was-accidentally-erased-from-the-internet
This discussion has been closed.