test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

server down v3 1/30/14 [Resolved!]

Comments

• thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »
    That's what I was doing! They looked hungry, so I took them out for chinese.

Not cool, tacofangs!
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • wildboarwildboar Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Funny trying to change the subject when it's the worst anniversary ever and everyone knows it
  • achatefwachatefw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Network Admin Han Solo: Uh, everything's under control. Situation normal.

Community Manager BranFlakes: What happened?

Han Solo: [getting nervous] Uh, we had a slight equipment malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

BranFlakes: Will we have the game back up soon?

Han Solo: Uh, uh... negative, negative. We had a data leak here now. Give us a few minutes to lock it down. Large leak, very dangerous.

BranFlakes: Who is this? What's your employee number?

Han Solo: Uh...

[Han shoots the intercom]

Han Solo: [muttering] Boring conversation, anyway. LUKE! IT'S THE COMPANY!
  • palinell69palinell69 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i'm not trolling actually, but dont care if it is taken that way, I really feel people like that, thinking playing a game is a grind or work are absolutely pathetic, I do not care their age they have the mind of a child. This is entertainment = fun , if your not having fun do something else, but to call it work or complain it is a hard grind or no to much effort. I pity them and hate them, they are the type that drag the world down.
  • kortaagkortaag Member Posts: 525
    edited January 2014
    Dude, just stop trying to play. Then the server won't crash.

It's not a traffic issue. They didn't fully test the patch(again this year) and that is the problem.

I hope D'angelo was serious about fixes because this would be the first thing to stop from happening. It's easy to do.
    May good management be with you.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    As such, it is plenty obvious that the network is actually doing fine, and the fact that the response on the port is a flat out CONNECTION REFUSED indicates that the game daemon is simply DOWN.

Pretty solid investigative work. CONNECTION REFUSED means only one thing: that the server has been reached just fine, but that nothing is listening on the port in question (aka, game daemon crashed).
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • madblooddollmadblooddoll Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    yeah it's bad and if you can't customize the ev suits from the lobi store, that'll make craptics failure complete.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This is what you will see when you log in for the fourth time today, it will be right on your loading screen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BROWqjuTM0g

Test your might! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbcGX9zO1u8
  • rajathomasrajathomas Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    A quick ping test reveals the obvious falsity of this claim of "network issues". I have pinged all of the servers of the game. They DO, in fact, respond to pings, and what's more, those response times have never been better, perhaps because no one is actually on anymore.

As such, it is plenty obvious that the network is actually doing fine, and the fact that the response on the port is a flat out CONNECTION REFUSED indicates that the game daemon is simply DOWN.

This is NOT a network issue, the server program has CRASHED. If it were a network issue, I would be seeing terrible pings and connections not getting a response at all, not a prompt response from the server indicating it is not serving.

What about the login server? Packet testing will give you a limited view of a networks status. I've seen networks respond to ping in typical fashion but when subjected to real traffic it's a different story. Not saying this is what's going on, there are lots of possibilities.
    izf25xI.jpg
  • thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kemra1 wrote: »

I've got to admit, I don't normally like hamsters, but that one was CUTE.
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
    edited January 2014
    Funny to see so many posts from people who think they know what they are talking about

lol
  • morkebergmorkeberg Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    achatefw wrote: »

Han Solo: [getting nervous] Uh, we had a slight equipment malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Han Solo: Uh, uh... negative, negative. We had a data leak here now. Give us a few minutes to lock it down. Large leak, very dangerous.

LMAO Ahaahahahhahaha!
  • ishtarscorpioishtarscorpio Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This might help some folks while you have down time...

http://www.vice.com/read/online-gaming-is-south-koreas-most-popular-drug
    edited January 2014
    sad that you guys are so mad, you bought into the game, only people you should be mad at is yourself
  • stf65stf65 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    wildboar wrote: »
    Funny trying to change the subject when it's the worst anniversary ever and everyone knows it
    The server crashed today. The server always crashes. What's the big deal? What makes today's crash any different from the 100 other crashes over the last 4 years; most of which have come on major updates?

You're acting like Cryptic attacked you because they crashed the server. It's just a crash. It's not a personal assault on you in any way. In a couple of days everything will be patched and you'll never even remember this day existed. Really.
  • dukeskyloaferdukeskyloafer Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kortaag wrote: »
    It's not a traffic issue. They didn't fully test the patch and that is the problem.

I think you all missed my sarcasm. pushes up glasses See, the joke I was going for was that there was a causal relationship between this player trying to play and the server crashing. Thus, I suggested he not play, thereby keeping the servers running and allowing the rest of us to play.
  • riddlinsriddlins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I had enough with this game today... Server down again, I couldn't grind any of my stuff including Dilithium, fleet marks and do the daily today for the special..

Have you guys thought about extending the Tuvok mission? cause today is a "waste" day that we could not even log on and claim reward (Q-mendations)...
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    mikefl wrote: »
    Content and testing isn't the problem here... it's network related. If it were content you would at least get to the login server and then get bumped after it tries to place you on the map. Instead you timeout trying to reach the login server.
    No, it is not. You're not actually getting a timeout trying to reach the login server, that's just the behavior of the client when it fails to get a connection.

What is ACTUALLY happening is that the client is repeatedly attempting to open a connection to the login server, and getting a Connection Refused TCP-RST, meaning nothing is listening on that port and the server is returning an explicit response to that effect.

The client, not programmed to process this particular response, just treats it the same as any kind of failure and repeatedly tries again until its own internal clock indicates it should give up.

This is readily apparent if you manually attempt to connect to the same IP and Port that the client is attempting to:

~> telnet 208.95.184.129 7422
    Trying 208.95.184.129...
    telnet: connect to address 208.95.184.129: Connection refused

All network diagnostics indicate that the network is FINE. If it were truly a network issue, you would get very slow responses or high packetloss on pings/traceroutes. Even if it was an internal network issue, you would still get a connection from the front-end server, followed by a total absence of meaningful response from the backend (this doesn't necessarily indicate that it truly is a network issue, but it makes it POSSIBLE that this is true).

Instead, however, we get immediate flat refusal. The network is fine. The game has crashed. Now, I'm entirely understanding of the fact that they have no QA department and rush these things out on a deadline.

But I don't appreciate being lied to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2014
    stf65 wrote: »
    The server crashed today. The server always crashes. What's the big deal? What makes today's crash any different from the 100 other crashes over the last 4 years; most of which have come on major updates?

You're acting like Cryptic attacked you because they crashed the server. It's just a crash. It's not a personal assault on you in any way. In a couple of days everything will be patched and you'll never even remember this day existed. Really.

I like that you try to say I'm acting this or that just because you are saying it does not mean it is fact. prove it
  • mwhitakermwhitaker Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Too bad BranFlakes is too busy cooling the hordes elsewhere to clamp this thread down...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "The Borg - party-poopers of the galaxy" ~ The Doctor
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2014
    Hi Captains. We're still working on bringing STO back up. Once we have an ETA to provide I'll be sure to post it here. Thanks for the continued support!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • toctiktoctik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    they Will Have To Reward Us With A Tribulating Triangulated Tribune Tribble Trivially Traumatized To Tranquility Through Trials Traversed... Yep.

---

It's A Trap!
  • phelanpkphelanpk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    A quick ping test reveals the obvious falsity of this claim of "network issues". I have pinged all of the servers of the game. They DO, in fact, respond to pings, and what's more, those response times have never been better, perhaps because no one is actually on anymore.

This is NOT a network issue, the server program has CRASHED. If it were a network issue, I would be seeing terrible pings and connections not getting a response at all, not a prompt response from the server indicating it is not serving.

Hate to **** in your corn flakes dude, but this is like saying you can ping my modem and tell me that my computer is or isn't turned on.

If you're going to talk ****, know what you're talking about.
  • xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    achatefw wrote: »

If only I could fit that into a sig, epic laffs! well done good sir.
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2014
    P.S. I'm not saying it was Iconians. But it was Iconians.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    since the servers are down for third time and we cant play, can you apply the maintance that you were going to apply tomorrow? this way we wont lose even more time playing our wonderful game.:confused:
  • ishtarscorpioishtarscorpio Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hi Captains. We're still working on bringing STO back up. Once we have an ETA to provide I'll be sure to post it here. Thanks for the continued support!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Look out...Duck!
  • swat842#6435 swat842 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Just be patients it will be back up an running
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deasamus6284deasamus6284 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    um brandon hate to be a pian but can i ask since game has been off most of day can you guys extened todays free gift another day.
This discussion has been closed.