server down v3 1/30/14 [Resolved!]

Comments

• gypsybladegypsyblade Member Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    When does S9 go live? :P
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Happy Anniversary STO!

4 years in and still haven't mastered the subtle art of release management as this happens literally every major release, without fail. It's remarkable really, quite the achievement to do the same things, have them go pear-shaped the same way, and continue to do them the same way anyway.

Honestly, name an MMO that doesn't (on average) experience a major issue on a big patch day.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • wildboarwildboar Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It happens. Cryptic needs more money from you so keep supporting it and spending the income so they can upgrade.

was fun playing but goodnight for now.
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I wonder if this is a result of the anti gamer group that target another game about a month or so ago...

Did the poster say they may target the anniversary?

/conspiracy hat on
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Captains, we really need you stay constructive here :) the crashes are not due to QA, not content, not the servers. We're experiencing a network issue. We'll continue doing out best but we need your support in terms of staying constructive. We're just as frustrated but this and we thank you for sticking with us.

As Smirk said, we'll update you once we have more details to share.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

But I can log into Tribble, Champions and Neverwinter... I'm curious how you can have a network issue but it only affects one shard.

Not trolling, genuinely curious.
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited January 2014
    (shrinks Harry Mudd down to atomic size) Now you *can* have Mudd in your eye.
  • bumblebushbumblebush Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yeah, I said goodnight myself when the servers went down again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "This is Fleet Commander BumBle!..
    Vice Admiral of the U.S.S. Prometheus!..
    I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"
  • tewha7tewha7 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I keep experiencing this weird thing called "free time" now that the servers are down. What am I supposed to do with it?

I don't know! Usually, I convert it to zen.
  • thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    dahminus wrote: »
    I wonder if this is a result of the anti gamer group that target another game about a month or so ago...

Did the poster say they may target the anniversary?

/conspiracy hat on

Me too....
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
    edited January 2014
    Now that the servers are down......

Outside the final frontier.....
  • noegenicnoegenic Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Khaaaaaaaaann:mad:
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    twoofnine1 wrote: »
    If its outside network Why does tribble work?

Because Cryptic chose <fill in IP here> as their leading provider.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    As I asked:
    Do you guys know what QA Testing (Quality Assurance Testing) is, and if so, why do you not utilize it?

I would probably have put it somewhat less sarcastically my own self, but the fact remains that increased network traffic is to be expected on a new release. At that point poking fun with stories about hamsters cross-breeding with what-not (that entire thing was a bit TMI) really does not adequately deflect the responsibility of Cryptic for anticipating such issue on a new release.

Tl;dr: less jolly repartee, more fixing.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • wildboarwildboar Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    well this is goodnight number 2 for me LOL, the first time was maybe 6 hours ago, but for sure now everyone at cryptic has gone to bed so goodnight captains :)
  • moofrymoofry Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well, I have to say this, I don't think we are necessarilly being lied to....only receiving an omission of information lol. Honestly, I started this game when the 2nd Anni was in effect and was somewhat traumatized by the crashes then. Now, not so much a big deal. I mean it is frustrating and I do want to play as I have many characters to get the gear for...but I DO have a life. Raging won't help, but maybe if we ask them if they are honestly giving as ALL of the information they have? If they are omitting information perhaps a nicer approach would encourage them to share it rather than verbally abusing them.
    This feels like STO sometimes lol
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Honestly, name an MMO that doesn't (on average) experience a major issue on a big patch day.

Erm........ all of em??

And about the servers.. the average is 20/80 against STO, sorry, thats the truth. Still, i cant read people trying to defend cryptic at all costs, its really frustrating lol.
    edited January 2014

That's one way to spend free time, I guess. I haven't heard "Yo Mama" jokes in quite awhile. I do still remember the two "Mommy Mommy" jokes (see below). Dreadful, I know. My humor has been called "interesting" more than once.

Kid: "But, Mommy Mommy, I don't want to go to Europe!"
    Mom: "Shut up and keep swimming."

Kid: "But, Mommy Mommy, I don't want to go around in circles!"
    Mom: "Shut up or I'll nail your other foot to the floor."
  • waveofthefuturewaveofthefuture Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    That bad, huh?
  • lukem2409lukem2409 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    LOL if this was any other game I'd be surprised. Wanted to try the new FE (even though the FE's these days are only just tools to force you to play some new ship and market it to you, Ambassador and Obelisk anyone?)

In my 2 years playing TOR I don't think I've been kicked or had the server I play on go down once.
    Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    palinell69 wrote: »
    thanks for the laugh, next time see what I was commenting on, troll fail for you

Me: "Stay reasonable"
    You: "TROLL!"

Even if people were able to get this done in short order there is absolutely nothing to say against them. Again, right place right time, so even if they try to flaunt it the only possible point to take away from their posturing is just that circumstances vary. You should be adult enough to see this. If not, go relax. The servers will come back online regardless of how much or little you post here.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • arms14vearms14ve Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    well time to be patient and hope they can also fix all the FE's problems but I think its also do to such a higher volumes of players at one time for the anniversary and the new FE that were getting this they gotta let the hamsters rest every once in a while, besides if this keeps up we might get another free item to make up for all the down time.
  • tevorumtevorum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Got through two before i disced
  • chromoxiachromoxia Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    :eek: "ITS Dead JIM!" :eek:
    In the Beginning There was a "BIG BANG!"
    OOPS, said GOD, I think I farted....:eek:
  • stf65stf65 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    That bad, huh?
    It's not all that interesting, but I did 4 runs today and the longest only took me 9 minutes. It's a simple thing to do for 15 days to earn the ship.
  • kirahitomikirahitomi Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs. Take some down and patch them around, 117 little bugs in the code...
    "Lets see what this button does..."
    edited January 2014
    The Ferengi Commerce Authority demands reimbursement for the loss of revenue.
  • captainscurvycaptainscurvy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2YY0xw5r1ro#t=16

To humorously celebrate the latest server crash of the day, I reference the Hindenburg.

If humans say "Oh the humanity", what do Vulcans, Romulans, and Klingons say?
  • deasamus6284deasamus6284 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    um brandon if you see this i was just wonder if posible before u send patches if you could tell us why it keeps crashing. i heard someone say something about animation. but maybe if we new what was haPPening not just we looking into it we could understand better.

not trying to be hard TRIBBLE just curious thats all he he he might make me feel smarter.
    edited January 2014
    "I work out at the He's Dead Gym. We even have redshirts working there."
  • talosmootalosmoo Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Cats go moo!:)
This discussion has been closed.