test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to get past Cryptic Loading Screen

Patched the new 8.5 season, and it wont let me get past the Cryptic Loading Screen. I have verified all of the files and it wont actually let me past the Cryptic loading screen.

Ticket number: 14179889
Post edited by jammers19 on

Comments

• Options
    v1r4l3ff3ctv1r4l3ff3ct Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I got past it by running the game in safe-mode first. But it took afew trys
  • Options
    jammers19jammers19 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Okay thanks I will try it
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Tried it in safe mode and it still won't pass the Cryptic Loading screen. Also tried rebooting the system but it just won't work
  • Options
    mortuus2408mortuus2408 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Game Crash during Cryptic loading screen? That sounds very familiar <_<

*Get my Persistent Officer Uniform ready*

Why am i expecting the same result for me?
    Simplication Award Winner
    Admirals Log Stardate....aaaahm....whats today's Stardate?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Honestly, I have had enough of the bad launcher, the failure to get into the game and everything, and I am a lifetime sub as well......

Getting sick of this, and it's strange because other MMO's I play, World of tanks and War Thunder, I have no such issues.
  • Options
    grimsqueaker1985grimsqueaker1985 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Having the same issue. Loaded the launcher, it patched fully, then i clicked engage.

Cue game starting, then the Legacy of Romulus loading screen.... ad infinity. Though if I alt tabbed out then.... I couldn't get it back up again.

Annoying as Its my only night off and I'd freed up the evening to have a go at the new event.
  • Options
    hotroundhotround Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    SAME HERE LOAD SCREEN SOP APON ROMALN THING PLZ HURRY I NEED THAT DESTROYER PLZ:mad::(:(
  • Options
    jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The only time I've ever had this issue, it turned out my firewall software was blocking the game's connection.

Perhaps try running the game without a firewall running, or make sure your firewall is set to allow STO to access the Internet, to see if that's the issue?
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • Options
    hotroundhotround Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    but would that just say unable to connect to sever
  • Options
    patientnr0patientnr0 Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    its not a firewall problem or your connection.
    the server with its 14k modem is simply overallocated
  • Options
    jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    hotround wrote: »
    but would that just say unable to connect to sever

Not when it happened to me - it just froze on the load screen.

Again, I have no idea if this is what is happening to you.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • Options
    wenom4wenom4 Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    same here after 10' tryout - login server not responding - or freeze at romulan loading screen :(
  • Options
    halfpint71kyhalfpint71ky Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited January 2014

yes we are backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk! OMG... new pc and here i sit again.... i'm getting plenty annoyed... not me this time... no its them... dang it... i'm in wait and cry mode all over again! Anyway its nice to see a few familiar faces here ;-)
    Proud Member of the Order of persistence, Chief of Investigations"Persistent Officer"since 11/12/13...:P 600 strong and growing...all phages, vidians, other outcasts welcome, note: all new members BYOC (bring your own chair) please and thank you! Five time winner in 1st and 2nd annual last 500 tied for top 2000 @halfpint71ky
  • Options
    nyx219nyx219 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The launcher works fine for me, I'm just getting the red server icon in it. We just have to wait for the server to be restarted, it seems.
  • Options
    bayonettawiccanbayonettawiccan Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Severs are down, guys...
  • Options
    grievasgrievas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I noticed, that after each patch, when starting the game the first time, the game needs longer to load than usual. The game looks as if it lingers a lot longer on the loading screens and if i press a mouse button during these times, windows returns the message that the program is not responding. But if I then choose the wait for program to respond option, the game finishes loading (or maybe dumping its internal error reports) and functions normally (as far as it's within its ability).
  • Options
    akanaroakanaro Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Worked fine for a few hours. Got booted coming out of anniversary quest and now can't login at all. The interwebz says Cryptic sux at keeping servers running smooth so I guess we'll just have to sit this one out today. :mad:

Edit - It's not the downtime that drives me nuts it's that they don't deem it necessary to at least notify clients who try to login that there's an issue on their side so that we don't do network troubleshooting for half an hour only to read on the net that they can't keep their servers up.

Edit 2 - And tell us how long it's gonna take to fix you lazy landlubbers!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    icon at launcher is "server status: red (down)" but i am log in game "chat" through Pidgin >XMPP< and ok :(
    why they call it 8,5 <LIVE> when is totaly dead everytime new season or aniversary same .. either not responding or crashing
  • Options
    grimsqueaker1985grimsqueaker1985 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ZZZZZZ What a lovely evening on STO, enjoying the new event. :mad: :cool:
  • Options
    varnoukhvarnoukh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ZZZZZZ What a lovely evening on STO, enjoying the new event. :mad: :cool:

I have mixed feelings about being stuck out here.

I'm not particularly looking forward to the content. I've loathed previous repeat-inane-activities-daily-for-weeks content to earn ships and have stopped playing during them.

But with only 1 Romulan science warbird I need this damn dyson ship.

Let me in! *is relieved he can't play*
  • Options
    poetpwpoetpw Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I cant log in either; Just says red (server down) and nothing more

So waiting..
    STO from Day 1
    Veteran & Lifer
    http://www.ricksenterprises.com
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    yup server is down same status at website they shutting down
  • Options
    stevencherylstevencheryl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    jammers19 wrote: »
    Patched the new 8.5 season, and it wont let me get past the Cryptic Loading Screen. I have verified all of the files and it wont actually let me past the Cryptic loading screen.

Ticket number: 14179889

Oh my, that doesn't sound good at all.
    Very reminiscent of the Great crash of Season 8
    (Which I'm hoping is like Chicken Pox, whereas you can only catch it once!)

Knowingly Nods...
    yes we are backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk! OMG... new pc and here i sit again.... i'm getting plenty annoyed... not me this time... no its them... dang it... i'm in wait and cry mode all over again! Anyway its nice to see a few familiar faces here ;-)

Hey! I know You! (rofl)
    Knowingly Nods again...

Well, I actually made it all the way to the login and beyond to
    "The server is unavailable at this time.", so there is hope that
    it's only a matter of time for this Persistent Officer.

Good Luck All.
    Steve@SCCreations - Fleet General - Persistent Officer Title & Accolade
    Deceiver's Lair Fleet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    leokesler2012leokesler2012 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Down again.

I hope we get some days to get the qmarks.
  • Options
    bayonettawiccanbayonettawiccan Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You know, it's bad enough that we have to claim the ship in a stupid rep system thingie, but now the game's server(s) crashes...twice?! WTF.
  • Options
    bgd3183bgd3183 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I got to switch ships on the fly I got to switch ships on the fly........ then the server went down :( .. As many of the players esp on this forum have heard and I am sure the developers also from significant other THATS NOT IT! lol
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I installed Arc on a secondary laptop and tried to launch the game but the screen just goes black after the Cryptic loading screen.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    varnoukhvarnoukh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I do love this merry-go-round.

Before I couldn't log in but there was no message re why.

Now I fire up the client and there's a warning message saying they know no-one can log in and are working on it. But I hit the engage button anyway just for the hell of it and now can get in.
  • Options
    deasamus6284deasamus6284 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i still am haviing loading screen bug how to i try running in safe mode thats new 2 me
  • Options
    ehlimehlim Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've had the same problem since a few weeks. In my case the game freezes on the second load screen (the one with the LoR logo). And that's it. Obviously never had this problem before. Rig and system are still the same obviously.

Launching it in safe mode is THE ONLY thing that works for me. I do that and then I can raise the setting to max, put it in fullscreen whatever no problems game runs smoothly. But unless I launch it in safe mode it hangs there. Regardless of whether I launch it in dx 11 or 9 or 9ex (what the hell is that by the way??)

Made a ticket obviously.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]