test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO Outage (1/30/14) *Resolved!*

Comments

• tanuustanuus Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The problem occurred when they started using tribbles instead of hampsters. Someone decided to lube the tribbles, but that means they're just rolling around the cage, unable to get any traction. Lesson to be learned? DON"T LUBE THE TRIBBLES!
  • orici1701orici1701 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i shouldn't have to..its called self control...like a couple of hours or so is gonna kill you...you just want it NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

well dont log in then, as u can wait till tomorrow then lol the rest of us will be having fun when the game comes back online lol
  • deightonxdeightonx Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    hopefully if it this becomes more often during this event issues like this, they will extend the event abit.... :cool:
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well it wouldn't be a new release without a crash, but really guys, if you're gonna break tradition why couldn't it have been this one. Oh well at least I got the FE and a daily done on one of my toons.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • fumaninkfumanink Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Two specks of dust on a Winchester disk
    No use to hope you missed them
    That's the way computing goes--
    CRASH! goes the system.
    They used to say if an infinite number of chimps typed we would get the works of Shakespeare, the internet has proved this is NOT the case...
  • wbaker256#3172 wbaker256 Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Was getting my Hirogen and his hunting party ready to head out and hunt some Borg :P
    "[GARBLED ELECTRONIC NOISES]"
    - Thot Gar - Commanding Officer of the Braaktak Kaan
  • stickybladestickyblade Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2014
  • terragosaterragosa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Realising how bad the new Tetryon proc is, compared to the regular Tetryon proc.
  • gerrshwinngerrshwinn Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    my heart breaks for the professional name of software engineering... before you fling stones, i am one. been releasing to the internet (web apps and more complex ventures) for more than a decade and have overseen worse messes than this... but rarely

good luck folks :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • purplegamerpurplegamer Member Posts: 1,015 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Battling [redacted] with the new science destroyer.
  • kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    azerdraco wrote: »
    You, my friend, just made my day. +1000 internets to you.

you're welcome :)
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • dankventuredankventure Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I purposely waited to do the Sphere mission,only did the Academy one,sort of expecting this.Sad,eh?Hope the crash doesn't introduce other issues to those who were in-mission
  • krio09krio09 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i shouldn't have to..its called self control...like a couple of hours or so is gonna kill you...you just want it NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

Instead we're bogging down their forum server lmao :D
  • jeyj13jeyj13 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    But....I was in the middle of chasing a Q-ling....Q-let? Q-tten? Mini-Q? Oh, whatever....
  • roebotsixtyfiveroebotsixtyfive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Seems like waiting those couple of hours is what caused the thing to crash, it was fine from about 6pm UK time to 8pm UK time.
    sto_forum_sig_gif_by_roebot56-d9as2al.gif
    If you can't solve it logically, solve it like a moron.

51 + 1 Foundry Character Slots is NOT enough. Some of us love our characters. If I want to buy more character slots, why can't I? I couldn't experience the entire Delta Recruitment event without deleting a character.

The Iconians themselves can't time travel because their memories revert, but there is nothing to say an Iconian couldn't write everything she needed to do on a PADD, pin it to herself, travel back, read the PADD, do the tasks and return. Or just get one of her Non-Herald underlings to go back in time for her.

Want a Star Trek themed starship command fan-made Board Game that isn't fiendishly complicated but not so easy it's a joke? Download mine for free here. https://roebot56.deviantart.com/art/BOARD-GAME-R56-s-Starship-Command-STAR-TREK-Edn-682732468 A Stargate version of the game is available from a link in the description.

Oh yeah, I do Foundry missions for both KDFs and Feds. Just search KSTF (Short for Kinas Special Task Force, where Kinas is the name of the Admiral you will be serving under). The earlier ones are less story based and more combat based, while the later ones have a much heavier story element, but keep the large battles.
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,450 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Server Crashes

The Klingons aren't the only ones who value tradition.

:)
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I know I wanted a break from the grind and it's nice to know that PWE are listening, but can't we have a break when the servers are up?...

lol ;)

(I really hope I don't end up having to re-run the FE when I get back in game, was nearly finished!)
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • aliensamongusaliensamongus Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I was about to end the Featured Episode a second time.. at the very end.. and got disconnected. Great timing.. A forewarning would've been nice.
    giphy.gif
  • vagiusvagius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Askray
  • chytreuschytreus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Right in the middle of the second wave of the Voth with Tuvok, battleship down, just a couple of cruisers to go and crash, boom, bang the server goes k-put! Nice!!!!
    :mad:
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    That thought occurred to me right after I hit *post*...by which time, it was already too late to edit to *SNIP*, as someone else had already posted.

My bad! :(

You can edit it still, simply because someone posted does not mean you can't edit.
  • thumpyechothumpyecho Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    let's see how fast we can get this threadnaught to take off!!!!!

Post 1
  • krilldarnkrilldarn Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i was only flipping a switch on the wall socket.... what was that... the server damn........
  • nyggmaticalnyggmatical Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This seems to happen almost every time a major update hits, shouldn't they taken this into account already?!
  • porchsongporchsong Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited January 2014
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    clannmac wrote: »
    Actually, with ALL of these releases - and they are awesome when they work, I grant you; love this game - you might try something OTHER than the "Ready...FIRE...Aim" approach.

Not sure you're quite picking up on the "rush it and they will come...but all will require many patches..."

Just sayin.'

Cryptic: ...OOOOOOH, you're supposed to AIM first... LOL :P
  • rogerishrogerish Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    bumblebush wrote: »
    Well I was in the middle of the end of the featured episode when the game crashed for me.
    My question is, did I loose any if all mission progress. And when I log back in will I be where I got disconnected at?
    Its a long mission, and would really hate to have to start all over again, from the beginning.

If it's anything like the regular missions you'll have to do it ALL OVER from the start :S I feel for ya brother :( got stuck with the dam light glitch hallway through it so imagine how I feel pushing through it just to finish the dam thing xD lol
  • thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Any brilliant solutions to the problem yet, Cryptic?
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • rock3tmanrock3tman Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Just got inside the station when server crashed but, no worries though. So far it looks real nice. Love the sun an its effects, very well done! Thanks Cryptic :D
    1FHdQdl.jpg
  • saxfiresaxfire Member Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Askray
    Say the word, it saves the world.
    CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
    Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
This discussion has been closed.