What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO Outage (1/30/14) *Resolved!*

Comments

• Options
    matth431matth431 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm going to surgically remove the ability of parenthood from the next person to quote that spamwall.

With a blunt penknife.
  • Options
    trooglevroomtrooglevroom Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yay we're almost at 8.5 pages of posts already...
  • Options
    meiergerdmeiergerd Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Askray
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Glad I completed my second run of A Step Between Stars before the server went down in flames from all the partying.
  • Options
    sethpcsethpc Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I was in the FE, just about to got outside in one of the new EV suits.

Funnily, I didn't know what to do, so just walked toward the shield and got vaporized. The server crashed immediately thereafter, so I initially thought that it may have been some weird bug.
  • Options
    crakilairecrakilaire Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I just created my first character, haven't even finished the tutorial yet...I afk for a few minutes and when I get back...server goes down.

Looks like I am going to have fun(!)
  • Options
    nexurulernexuruler Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    mandrab wrote: »
    Was fighting the Vorth on station at the star. 3 wave...

I was pretty much past that in another dyson sphere ready to fight off the undine... when I was ready for 3 of their battle ship's I was kicked off...
    Been a user of Perfect World Entertainment since 2009.
  • Options
    k4t3k4t3 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I suspect the cleaner! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    this dyson expert was just saying something like "if i just activate the defensive systems here..." and then it disconnected..

my first thought was "well maybe he shoudnt have" ;)
  • Options
    xaosmg123xaosmg123 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Does anyone know what "OUTAGE" even means?

Power Outage? Bandwidth Outage? Gray tape and Bubble Gum Outage?

Maybe they ran out of replicator rations to create photonic treadmills for the Tribbles to run on and power the servers???

I just hope I get back on while I have the time to play. I wish I was like a lot of you kids and "others" who can play the game for more than a few hours each session. Hell, some of you play DAILY and more hours in one day than I do in a week! I WISH STO was around when I was in school - I'd save dating and having sex for when I turned 18 and could play STO in my free time instead! LOL
  • Options
    theindefatigabletheindefatigable Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I was a good way through the featured episode, which I was enjoying but which took a while due to a glitch I ran into when I died and couldn't respawn, forcing me to beam to ship and lose a lot of mission progress. Oh well. Was hoping to finish the mission before I went to work but I guess it'll still be waiting for me when I get back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Former/Cryptic Name: Captain_Hans_Langsdorff
    Founding member, Special Service Squadron
    "Fear God and Dread Nought." First Sea Lord, Adm. Jacky Fisher
  • Options
    robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    smeeinn1t wrote: »
    I know I wanted a break from the grind and it's nice to know that PWE are listening, but can't we have a break when the servers are up?...

lol ;)

But the servers are never more stable. They are consistent at the moment. No lag, no exploits, no annoying zone chat... truly it is a paradise.
  • Options
    captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I was kinda lucky actually. I'd just finished the mission and had jumped in to an azure nebula for initial testing of the new mirror heavy cruiser.
  • Options
    platewearingbirdplatewearingbird Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ok that's it I'm personally reporting every single person that types or quotes about the Spanish/American war.
  • Options
    azerdracoazerdraco Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    matth431 wrote: »
    I'm going to surgically remove the ability of parenthood from the next person to quote that spamwall.

With a blunt penknife.

Use a spoon ...

Why? Because it'll hurt more, you twit!!!
  • Options
    naharikajalnaharikajal Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I was doing the Tau Dewa Daily (I've not even started the new FE) when I was suddenly DCed.

The question now is: So, what are you doing outgame after you got kicked? ;-)

I personally stopped trying to login. Right now I am listening to some of my favorite Music Albums and I am looking forward to play STO tomorrow.
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    robdmc wrote: »
    But the servers are never more stable. They are consistent at the moment. No lag, no exploits, no annoying zone chat... truly it is a paradise.

But do they have Gorn
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yep, very much down.

* Half the quick-equip stuff doesn't work yet;

* Ship loadout was so buggy it was postponed (good thing);

* Doff icons appear as being 'on mission.'

Etc.

To any normal person (especially to one who knew all of this upfront) this would mean: don't deploy yet, wait at least a week to get your affairs in order.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    porchsongporchsong Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited January 2014
  • Options
    sinusiridumsinusiridum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    xaosmg123 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what "OUTAGE" even means?

Power Outage? Bandwidth Outage? Gray tape and Bubble Gum Outage?

Maybe they ran out of replicator rations to create photonic treadmills for the Tribbles to run on and power the servers???

I just hope I get back on while I have the time to play. I wish I was like a lot of you kids and "others" who can play the game for more than a few hours each session. Hell, some of you play DAILY and more hours in one day than I do in a week! I WISH STO was around when I was in school - I'd save dating and having sex for when I turned 18 and could play STO in my free time instead! LOL

Hamster Outage :(
    ###################
  • Options
    imperialmirrorimperialmirror Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ok that's it I'm personally reporting every single person that types or quotes about the Spanish/American war.

How do you report them? Im trying to find it but i cant.
    1Wv2pWK.gif
  • Options
    gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Claiming today's free uniform. I meant that to be the first thing I did as I logged in, but forgot, remembered, forgot, remember, forgot, remembered, BOOM! as I clicked claim... Sodding 23rd Century junk...
  • Options
    saxfiresaxfire Member Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff]
    Say the word, it saves the world.
    CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
    Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
  • Options
    nortyfinernortyfiner Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So there I was, playing my fleetless but newly-promoted Science Vice Admiral, working my way through the stack of Voth weapon boxes that I had saved for when I finally made Vice Admiral, when BOOM, there goes the server. I guess it gives me more time to research what ship to buy and build for Vice Admiral. IMHO, there should be Vice Admiral tier ships that don't need Zen or a fleet to buy... *sigh*
  • Options
    wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    not going to spoil it but I think I was in the closing stages of the new feature episode. I have a horrible feeling I will have to start over :(

It was a pretty good long episode which I was enjoying until boom:eek:
  • Options
    capcon1capcon1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    depc101 wrote: »
    got disconnected from game cant get back in now.
    got to the end of the stars mission then boomer lol wtf
  • Options
    dinoyipidinoyipi Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I had just created a new Fed toon to experience the new content with. I was on the Miranda bridge during the tutorial, just about to head for the transporter room for the exciting part, when...

KABOOM!
    For personal reasons, I've left Star Trek Online.
  • Options
    torionstorions Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    first attempt on the new Q quest, stuck and had to beam to ship midway through,
    second attempt was killing the last groups of ships in the Q quest then server goes down,
    there wont be a third attempt, quest is way to long with such an unstable game.
  • Options
    aweinawein Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    azerdraco wrote: »
    Use a spoon ...

Why? Because it'll hurt more, you twit!!!

A blunted spoon at that ..
  • Options
    ryurangerryuranger Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    hum just got back home my self just notice the problem now I hope they fix it soon there is alot bad weather over there so we just gota be patiant here guys
    May the Shwartz Be With You
    CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg
This discussion has been closed.