Options

Worst game you've ever played?

Comments

• Options
    catstarstocatstarsto Member Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Read the title.

SWTOR

I actually like SW TOR they have speeders, mine has xmas lights :3 I even have a tauntaun to ride.

The worst one i ever played was well of souls, maybe dark orbit. Nah, well of souls! ...they had killer ice cream cones for enemys!! :O
  • Options
    leihngweileihngwei Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    EVE Online: It's a sandbox game where you can do anything you want. But that sandbox is in a prison full of thieves, murderers and rapists, and you're sentenced to life mining rocks.

Many psychopaths willing to suicide-gank someone in a safe zone mining Veldspar, the lowest quality rock.

DC Universe Online: A console game ported to the PC. Poorly. It shot everywhere BUT the target I pointed my cross-hairs at. TAB targeting kept selecting mobs/objects the furthest distance possible, instead of the mob beating my face in. And if you want higher than normal graphic setting, you'd have to hack the video card. :confused:

Not a single thing was geared towards the PC system of gameplay.
  • Options
    chrisedallen89chrisedallen89 Member Posts: 17,293 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    leihngwei wrote: »
    EVE Online: It's a sandbox game where you can do anything you want. But that sandbox is in a prison full of thieves, murderers and rapists, and you're sentenced to life mining rocks.

Many psychopaths willing to suicide-gank someone in a safe zone mining Veldspar, the lowest quality rock.

DC Universe Online: A console game ported to the PC. Poorly. It shot everywhere BUT the target I pointed my cross-hairs at. TAB targeting kept selecting mobs/objects the furthest distance possible, instead of the mob beating my face in. And if you want higher than normal graphic setting, you'd have to hack the video card. :confused:

Not a single thing was geared towards the PC system of gameplay.

Sounds like GTA Online to me. Which I should add to that list.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hmm the worst game i ever played?

Without a doubt the old NES game battletoads

i would say ET the extraterstial for the atari 2600 but that would be to obvious

yes owned both of them
  • Options
    mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    SWTOR

I've uninstalled plenty of games over the years, but this was the only one that I uninstalled because I had started to really hate it. That whole "spend money or have a very horrible playing experience" theme is just bad, bad PR.
    On top of that, it has loooooong load times and bad performance in general. STO has better graphics and runs much more smoothly.
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    GTA: San Andreas . I had an unrated copy, and felt no joy smakin hookers around or just walking around causing mayhem. It was a great game for shock value, but nothing redeeming in gameplay. Kinda like a certain Trek game I used to play.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Battletoads was awesome, and GTA:SA was the height of that franchise. It had friggin jet pack!
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • Options
    ghyudtghyudt Member Posts: 1,112 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    World of warplanes
    Eve online
    World of tanks
    Cod black ops and ghosts
    Portal
    League of legends
    Battlefield 3
    Star wars (any title)
  • Options
    panserbjorne39panserbjorne39 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm gonna go with Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3. Games so slickly trying to cram the illusion of choice and role playing down your throat while they grab your wallet.

Next in line would have to be any modern MMORPG from WoW on. They are what I consider to be the worst in what the gaming industry has to offer. A highly addictive, life consuming and never ending grind with no real sense of fulfillment or accomplishment only a slight promise of one carefully constructed to keep you chasing it until your mom kicks you out of her basement. Or you get a real life.
  • Options
    mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Next in line would have to be any modern MMORPG from WoW on. They are what I consider to be the worst in what the gaming industry has to offer. A highly addictive, life consuming and never ending grind with no real sense of fulfillment or accomplishment only a slight promise of one carefully constructed to keep you chasing it until your mom kicks you out of her basement. Or you get a real life.
    That's not a problem of the game but of the player. In an MMO, you always need to set yourself goals.

I felt very fulfilled and accomplished after downing the Lich King on WoW. That's because putting a blade in his frozen gut was a desire I had had since WCIII.
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • Options
    earlnyghthawkearlnyghthawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    One word: Evony
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
    Temperance Brennan, "A building"
  • Options
    sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    hanover2 wrote: »
    Dear god, I forgot about that one. Still have it somewhere, I think.

Spend hours and hours building your "perfect" ship (down to the deuterium tanks and computers, if I recall correctly), select all of your officers (with actual photos of cast members) then send it off on a "mission" that amounted to you watching an icon on a primitive map and reading text to learn the mission progress/outcome. I half expected it to tell me I died of dysentery. :rolleyes:

I remember hearing somewhere that you could import the ships you built into some other game, but I never bothered.

I had Starship Creator Warp 2, which was no better. My Akira-class, which should have been able to roflstomp any foe short of a Borg tac cube, went down to tribbles because my science officer (Seven of Nine, meow) couldn't figure out just don't feed them.
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • Options
    karystakarysta Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    EVE Online - No question! It looked like it would be an amazing game at first, but eventually you learn that it's nothing but a gankfest. Veteran players do what they can to ensure that new players don't stick around.
  • Options
    shizashane#4465 shizashane Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Divinity 2............ after all the bull**** of beating the game you die and the bad guy wins, not to mention how I had to stop from jumping out of a window because of the game mechanics.
    *(How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life)*
  • Options
    shizashane#4465 shizashane Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm gonna go with Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3. Games so slickly trying to cram the illusion of choice and role playing down your throat while they grab your wallet.

I can agree with your MMORPG statement. Why pay for a game in which you have to work your TRIBBLE off? STO included but where else are you gonna find an online star trek game. MMORPGS today lack in story, richness, and incentive. What ever happened to the days where games could keep you on the edge of your seat?
    *(How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life)*
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I would propably go with the old Star Wars Galaxies.

It was just a random bunch of structures and enemies thrown in.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    scoustarscoustar Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Worst game ever... oh my so many choices...

Has to be BSGO. If ever there was promise in a game it was there, under Bugpoint's fingertips, waiting to be released and developed as THE great sci-fi branded space fighter sim. Instead the devs decided that total incompetence, ignorance and belligerence were to be the watchwords. The PvP content was nothing short of brilliant when I first started flying, and flew through 100-a-side battles of ships in their 3 (yet seemingly endless) choice of sizes. Alas in over a year of play, the only developments were increased crashes (blamed on every player's gfx card), game-breaking bugs (ever tried flying a ship that won't turn?), and lies about "no changes during maintenance" which turned out to be utter enjoyment-ruining changes designed purely to enforce spending. Worst game ever? Maybe not, but certainly biggest disappointment and has to get the title for me.

Honourable mentions to some already named: Mass Effect 3 (how can that travesty have followed the magnificence of Mass Effect 2?!?), DragonAge 2 (how can that travesty have followed the magnificence of DragonAge?!?) and any MMO that isn't **apologies seems the name was banned** or STO; they're all unplayable micro-transaction fests as far as I can make out. The one removed by filter is now a micro-transaction fest too, I hear, so it shouldn't count anyway. British-designed and developed, Java-driven, MMORPG based on a pseudo-medieval world with skills, etc.

(Please take note PWE devs; failure to fix a vital game mechanic like FAW after 12 months shows Bugpoint levels of incompetence. Finger-pulling-out required!)
  • Options
    sicronexraidersicronexraider Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Easy. Blacklight Retribution, War roses, Star Conflict :/
  • Options
    catstarstocatstarsto Member Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    OK, this isnt the worst game I ever played, but I never could beat it. Majoros Mask! I played it 3 times in a row one day, and never could pick up on it enough to beat the clock. Luna Aced it in 2 days, I never took up enough interest back into it to try again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S1SVkysIRw apparently, some professional gamer nerds found a lot more in the game then I did. But at least it wasnt drawn to look like Wind Waker!

i belong in STO anyways, because im....*CatStar! =^.^=
  • Options
    drazursouthclawdrazursouthclaw Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Skyrim.

Feel free to make like Johnny Storm, but it won't change my mind. :cool:
  • Options
    javawitness2javawitness2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Most Over-Rated Games:

Minecraft (MOST OVER-RATED GAME EVER)
    Angry Birds
    Second Life
    Evony
    Farmville
    Sims Online
    Star Trek Online
    Might & Magic Online
    RuneScrape
    WoW
    NeverWinter Nights Online
    EQ2
    EQ
    UO
    Star Wars Galaxies Online
    WoT
    Mafia Wars
    Oblivion
    Any game on Wii

Best Under-Rated Games:

Netrek (BEST ALL-TIME GAME)
    Muds
    Dragon Warrior
    Wurm Online
    Close Combat
    America's Army
    Netflix
    Vietcong
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Read the title.

SWTOR

if you think swtor is the worst ever then i got some real peaches that will without a doubt make you realize swtor is not on anyones top 100 worst list.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    deadspacex64deadspacex64 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    BSGO, started fun, i was in the CB cylon side. it was fun until OB, then patches aimed at wallet warriors...and then the influx of wallet warriors. after that it became impossible to hold anything as cylon unless you and everyone else matched at least what the colonial pilots were willing to spend (we were always outnumbered so getting more players wasn't an option)

final straw, quit for 3 months or so, come back to find they had deleted my account. high level, top of the line ship and gear...all gone. no warning email, nothing just poof. their reason? "inactivity".

a recent one i tried wins low marks too, Fortuna, a pwe browser game, no documentation, no forums, no information except tidbits you can find in game. very very p2w as without protection any level can roflstomp you and take your resources. which you need to buy everything and level your city.

why did i even try another pwe game (i have a long experience with the company)? something to do while waiting for crafting>keep sto in a window and craft while doing something else. a low pressure RTS/city building web based game seemed ideal.

beyond earth, not the worst, but a huge letdown from it's alleged progenitor alpha centauri.

x-rebirth, another letdown

supreme commander 2, a square-enix gutting of the original with more flash/bang and no substance.

2 moons, black prophecy, wizardry online...all 3 of which failed and closed so any review is moot as they killed themselves. i did play them and they did suck so they are included.

onigiri wins low marks as well, while the mechanics of the game itself are cool, the implementation is horrible. ie; how the game should play vs how it actually plays.

something sto is familiar with as well...
    Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
    Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.
  • Options
    mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I've noticed a couple of people mentioning Second Life but I would like to point out that it isn't really a game. It is more like Facebook on steroids, in that it is a social hangout that has RPG type bits added on here and there and the fact it is purely user created content means that it is what you make of it.

I think the biggest problem with it though is that when you start with it, it can take an age to pick up the hang of it as a lot of the tutorials are also user created so can be either very long or skip over some of the things you need. On the graphics front it can be extremely laggy as well even if you have a high end system.
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    SWTOR was good until I hit the end of the companion stories. But it was not the worst game I played. Just the worst at going dry very fast.

APB: Reloaded wins hands down as the worst game I ever played. It was so bad for me that I didn't even log back in a second time.

Of course, personal preference means a lot in both cases. I'm sure there are others who would say both are the best games they ever played.
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    worst games i ever played that absolutely bombed:

bloodwings
    virtuoso
    toilet tycoon
    daikatana
    prince of persia: warrior within

now you check these games out you will understand what the real meaning of what terrible really is. swtor doesnt come close, not in a million years to some of these types.

some of the best i have played but as ever not the most completely finished if anything ever is:

homeworld & cata
    deadspace & 2 & 3
    system shock 2
    major stryker
    freespace & 2 & silent threat
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Worst game I ever played? Kerbal Space Program.

Best game I ever played? Kerbal Space Program.

Mostly depends on whether or not the aerodynamics are doing that thing where they make a rocket break into a rapid yaw spin when I turn off the reaction wheels. Or if Remotetech refuses to acknowledge my line of sight and my skycrane crashes and destroys my 16-man self-sustaining fuel station.
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Worst game I've ever played was Command & Conquer: Tiberian Twilight. What a f****** travesty. EA has murdered the C&C franchise, r**** it's corpse, dragged it through the street, and left it in the ditch by the road to fester while carrion birds pick at its rotting flesh. (I'M NOT BITTER. I'M NOT BITTER AT ALL.)

Closing Westwood Studios (Vegas) was the worst mistake they ever made. Everything after that was a nose dive by absolute cretins that don't know jack s*** about RTS game design or C&C lore. They make some of Cryptic's worse decisions look like the peak of intelligence.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    grandnaguszek1grandnaguszek1 Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Lol, why am I always a minority (except on Neelix and Janeway bashing). Lots of people seem to hate SWTOR and yet it is one of my favorite games (although being a star wars fan might have something to do with it:P)
    say-star-wars-is-better.jpg