test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Worst game you've ever played?

thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Ten Forward
Read the title.

SWTOR
I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
Post edited by thegalaxy31 on

Comments

• thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I think I'll start the nerd rage off in style. :D

Three way tie for worst: SWTOR, KOTOR, BSGO.

I tried all of these. I really wanted to like them but I just couldn't force myself do so.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Probably the Nintendo DS port of Syberia. Looked interesting, but turned out to be a halfhearted point-and-click adventure with frankly rather ridiculous logical leaps expected of you. (Learned later it was a port of a cell phone game that was in turn ported from the PC.)
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    • WoW
    • Second Life
    • The Mortal Kombat series
    • Anything with "Dragonball" in the title.
    <3
  • steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited December 2013
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    WoW
    League of Legends
    SWTOR
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• dom1941dom1941 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    BSGO and SWTOR
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Police Quest 1-4
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Fallout 3/New Vegas.
  • moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Star Wars Galaxies, Post NGE and CU.

Barbie Horse Adventures (The things I do for my little sister...>.<)

X-Men Destiny (Good lord, X-Men suck games just suck, period)

Guild Wars 2

RIFT (Worst MMO ever.)
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    SWTOR. It's like the polar opposite of STO. The ONLY good thing about it is the ground combat--and even that is railroaded and loaded to the BRIM with trolls and lolgankers.

EVE Online. Run by trolls, for trolls. The least friendly game in existence. Also, they think of new ways to suck money from you every single day.

WoW. If there's one thing that WoW players hate more than people who don't play, it's people who DO play, but not as much. It's a HORRIBLE game to be new to, and yet full of ignorant idiots.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Aliens for the original Game Boy. Maybe if I'd had the instruction manual it'd have been less painful, but... bleah, I couldn't even get to the final boss due to some puzzle with no in-game instructions. Oh and enemies respawn every time you change rooms. Sometimes they spawn on TOP of you! did I mention the limited ammo? Yeah, also irritating.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • ambassadormolariambassadormolari Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Watchmen: The End Is Nigh

Hours upon hours of Rorscach punching people with the same bland animation, against some of the most vomit-inducingly ugly backgrounds I've ever seen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Foo fighters...gave me a headache
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Oh, also Flight of the Falcon for the GBA. Crappy arcade shooter with password save. Frakking password save. ON A GBA GAME.

Also the ground levels of Rogue Squadron III.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Empire Stikes Back-Atari 2800 Game is pretty much Broken.

Platoon-Nintendo "Pitfall" style game With invisible booby traps. Can't get past the fourth screen. You last about two minutes, then start the game over.

South Park-N64 Good graphics for its day, broken mechanics.

X-men "Next Dimension" -PS2 MK style fight game. AI not challenging. Juggernaut is an automatic "I win" choice. Even if you suck at the game.

Watchmen"The end is nigh" -Xbox360 Another poster nailed it dead on.

WOW -PC Every bad quality in an MMO you can imagine. I can't believe I know people who fawn over that game, and gush like girls asked to the prom when they talk about it. I played it for two weeks, then wiped it off my PC.
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    pong.

its just two lines and a dot. :D
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    the worst hmm?

very recently WoT has been thoroughly horrible. that would count as one of the least horrible but the most horrible? that woulld need a little thought, my memory isnt what it used to be.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Might & Magic 9

Uhm... Its at least the worst I have played. Or was the question "What game do you love most to hate on?" not sure after reading some posts here :P
  • chrisedallen89chrisedallen89 Member Posts: 17,293 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Worst I have ever played...

Alpha Protocol
    ET

If I did play a bad one I don't remember it.
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Amazing. All the game i have been able to steer away from.
    Worst game... ...hmm. Thats a difficult one. I cannot remember that far back in time. Yes! Now i know.
    'Party Games' to Amiga
    What a perverted joystick-killer that was.

That one, or 'Daley Thompson's Decathlon Games' to the Amstrad CPC 464.
    Another joystick molester.
    /Floozy
  • gavshawgavshaw Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Star Trek: Dominion War (or something titled very like that).

Buggy has hell, doesn't play smooth and a certain ship's 'special ability' did not work. The game was never properly patched. Only cost me 5 dollars and I did manage to complete the game (not that it was that long).

There are probably a few others, but that one came to mind.
    SigPic_01_zpspudusvou.png

Yes, I fly a Dreadnought cruiser. Deal with it.
  • atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Superman 64. LOL.
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 6,007 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Command and Conquer red alert 3 commanders challenge on the PS3, the pathfinding issues make it virtually unplayable, when will game companies learn, rts games do not belong on a console
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • redsnake721redsnake721 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited December 2013
      YEs Superman 64 was horrible. But what about the Dreamcast's title: Seaman. With Leonard Nimoy doing the voice over work? That was the strangest, dumbest viedo game ever. Here's a link to it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb7IbLEPRUs

But whats with all the BSGO hate? The game is fun and if you want PVP it's non-stop action. Sure it's P2W and boy do you have to pay. I know one player that is in over 40k USD in that game. But the Fleet battles are large and epic. You get in a good fleet and on TS and its really exciting. But the grind is horrible and the cost of Gold (Zen) is ridiculous. $80 to level up one gun to max and your ship has 8 guns. Yeah like i'm going to drop a grand on a game just to level up my guns. And still need to level up Hull, Eng, computer systems, Ammo. Once we figured it would cost about $4000 to level up a line ship from starter to max on all gear an ammo. Say what you wil about Cryptics greed, Blue Frog gaming has them beat hands down in that area.
    • chrisedallen89chrisedallen89 Member Posts: 17,293 Arc User
      edited December 2013
      Amazing. All the game i have been able to steer away from.
      Worst game... ...hmm. Thats a difficult one. I cannot remember that far back in time. Yes! Now i know.
      'Party Games' to Amiga
      What a perverted joystick-killer that was.

That one, or 'Daley Thompson's Decathlon Games' to the Amstrad CPC 464.
      Another joystick molester.

Yeah I seem to have that same problem I tend to have avoided some of the terrible games except some.
    • sparcehvsparcehv Member Posts: 51 Arc User
      edited December 2013
      Quake III

Being a quake II fan and spent way to much time online with it playing with my clan, III messed up big! To little teamplay, to quick, bad maps... Shame
      Captain of the federation starship U.S.S. Iridium.

In the end.... we`re all Ferengi!
    • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
      edited December 2013
      sparcehv wrote: »
      Quake III

Being a quake II fan and spent way to much time online with it playing with my clan, III messed up big! To little teamplay, to quick, bad maps... Shame

its meant to be fast paced arcade quick reaction based pvp frag matches. sense is not required in games like that. Quake 3 to me was not near that pit of the worst. i also played Q2, used to download and play multiplayer jumps maps, learning to bunny hop is a hard thing to do with a tiny ramp and 5 boxes stacked high to try jump to. anyways.

after some thought, lemmings 3d was probably one of the worst i have played. i long for the days i can load up transport tycoon or rollercoaster tycoon just for fun over some throughly rubbish game like lemmings 3d.
      T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
      Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    • bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
      edited December 2013

Your old, i remember that game and im old...
    • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 6,007 Arc User
      edited December 2013

That damn near killed the gaming industry, what a terrible game
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
        edited December 2013
        Worst MMO for me is hands down Neverwinter. Such garbage.

Single player game would have to go to Superman 64.
        hypl wrote: »
        Fallout 3/New Vegas.

Bethesda games are pretty much junk unless you mod them up. I found Skyrim to be pretty bad, but once I put in around 20gb worth of mods it was pretty good lol. I would agree though that the vanilla games are pretty bad.
        JWZrsUV.jpg
        Mine Trap Supporter