test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Startrek actor in 8.5 for the first time???

stuart1965stuart1965 Member Posts: 691 Arc User
I don't know where the thread for this is,so hopefully it can be added.

Guesses on who this new startrek actor in 8.5 will be????
I'm wondering if the delta quadrant is a clue????
What comes to mind is the USS Voyager and the most famous onboard that ship.
I narrow that down to 2 members of that crew, Captain Janeway herself or the sexiest borg i know,yep you guessed it, seven of nine.
Any thoughts?????
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Tim Russ. :)
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • stuart1965stuart1965 Member Posts: 691 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Tim Russ. :)

A good point there.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ethan Phillips
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If its Voyager related then my money is on Captain Harry Kim. No reason, just have that feeling.

but i'd much rather see Seven, Tuvok or the Doctor.
  • kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Janeways actor, No one else I'd love more than her to see ingame and hear!
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,185 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Seems that the general consensus on the blog thread is that it is more than likely to be Tim Russ. I am with kit though Kate Mulgrew please please PLEASE!!!!!. However, she maybe too busy with Orange is the new black.

Totally hated Janeway to begin with. I thought female Captain, will never work, but as Voyager progressed, she had become my second most favourite Captain, secondly only to Jean - Luc.

Part of me is hoping thought it will not be Tim Russ. Another Vulcan doing VO in STO is a no no to for me. Only one true Vulcan has that right. Spock.
  • duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Gates McFadden! :D

but Vrenak or Silik - John Fleck would also be a nice addon.. (what a waste of a perfectly good bedroom voice)
  • bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Jonathan Frakes as Admiral Riker
    Bridger.png
  • hunteralpha84hunteralpha84 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Wasn't Tuvok bat**** crazy by the time STO takes place? Or did he have his condition cured by Admiral Janeways time travel buggery? I forget.
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Wasn't Tuvok bat**** crazy by the time STO takes place? Or did he have his condition cured by Admiral Janeways time travel buggery? I forget.
    In an alternate future timeline, Voyager had returned home after a twenty-three year journey. On the tenth anniversary of its return, Admiral Janeway decided to travel back into the past to in order to try to get Voyager back home sooner. One of the reasons was that Tuvok's neural peptides had been deteriorating for years, unknown to anyone but The Doctor. His declining mental state could only be treated in the Alpha Quadrant by means of a Fal-tor-voh with a compatible Vulcan i.e. a blood relative. Unfortunately, he returned home with Voyager too late, and suffered severe mental damage and lived in a mental hospital.

=> he should have been cured after Voyager "early" Return (One reason Janeway decided to "cheat" her way home, because they "lost" too many people)
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Janeway likely retired from the service or had such an important role in starfleet that she wouldnt have time to get away, she made admiral shortly after the dominion war and the voyager return and thats 35 years. she looked around her 50's by the time she left the delta quadrant. so that makes her over 80 years by the time of sto (considering mulgrew herself look around that age anyways, she would be able to get away it). janeway herself wasnt exactly noted for her friendly contact with delta quadrant races. the one thing i want to know is what cryptic have planned for her to destroy in a storyline somewhere.

Tuvok is a choice, he is usually aware of what is going on board ship and any away team missions, however he own personal experience in command when faced with alien contact is not that great. he could provide insights, but most of his time would be spent standing around. at his age of 140, i wouldnt be surprised if he handed in his career for retirement to immerse himself in his culture again on vulcan.

Chakotay is likely to be the ideal choice as far as i am concerned he knows the voth, kazon and borg well and had regular contact with other races usually to work something out. he had command of voyager for quite a bit and had a different understanding of diplomacy with aliens, he also knew right from wrong and acted as a counter balance to janeway's recklessness. full time job under ideal conditions.

Paris and Torres are probably not that interesting to note anyways.

The doctor is a possibility, he holds a high position in starfleet medical and i suspect he would relish the opportunity to be diplomat again and getting into the action once more. age isnt a concern so cryptic can use the source material from voyager to create the doctor's face instead of approximating an older look.

neelix, i would love to see on sto just to annoy the hell out of everyone else, as contact in the delta quadrant, keeping his ear to space to find out whats going on in the delta quadrant. not sure how long talaxians live for, he looked around his 50's when he join voyager, he may have died for all i know so..

Kim probably got command of the Rhode island anyways, but his contact with delta quadrant races was very limited as was his time in the captains chair back in the day, he was also too concerned with his new career and being an ensign for 7 years of his life. unless kim knew alot more things then i give him credit for he wouldnt be terribly useful in game beyond just having him show up.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    edited January 2014
    Neelix... It makes sense.

Voyager was around the same distance from the federation as the Dysons shell we now visit is, when Janeway got rid of Neelix.
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
  • drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Robert Beltran - Chakotay. Nice guy IRL too (met him at a signing). Head of starfleet intelligence, delta quadrant "expert" and good character.

Another option I'd love is Andrew Robinson and some Garak on Cardassia missions.
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    Neelix... It makes sense.

Voyager was around the same distance from the federation as the Dysons shell we now visit is, when Janeway got rid of Neelix.

got rid of? hahaha. neelix probably left on his own accord to get away from janeway the first chance he got! he of all people knew what she was like :D.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Robert Beltran - Chakotay. Nice guy IRL too (met him at a signing). Head of starfleet intelligence, delta quadrant "expert" and good character.
    Doesn't he hate Voyager? Could be hard/expensive to get him as Chakotay again.
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Stuff...

Many of the characters you mentioned have parts of their history described in The Path to 2409.

Janeway is still an Admiral, and looking into why the Hobus Star went supernova (And so is now out of a job, as we answered that question in about five minutes (Though we had a number of advantages over her).

Chakotay is head of Star Fleet Intelligence (Which considering how many spy's he had on his ship, and how many times he had the wool pulled over his eyes is a terrible place for him).

The Doctor was involved for years in court cases to determine his rights as a Sentient Artificial Being.

And Harry Kim was Head of Security on Starbase 11 in 2400.

My money's on either Tuvok or Neelix to reprise their roles, with an outside bet on Harry Kim - Assuming of course that we are talking about a person from Voyager.
    edited January 2014
    got rid of? hahaha. neelix probably left on his own accord to get away from janeway the first chance he got! he of all people knew what she was like :D.

Well we all know how anoying Neelix was... So Janeway got rid of him, that's for sure...

However, you are of cause right too... Janeway was a epic nut-job and Neelix was a wuzzie, so he was probably finally too scared to stick around Captain Kathrine Suicide Janeway, and left now that he had a safe place to stick around.
  • genadagenada Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Rosalind Chao aka Keiko O'Brain. She was both on TNG and DS9.
  • gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    genada wrote: »
    Rosalind Chao aka Keiko O'Brain. She was both on TNG and DS9.

An O'Brien is the current Chief Engineer on Shon's Enterprise (According to Worf ingame), so whilst it won't be her, one of the O'Brien clan could make an appearance.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Whoever it is probally someone who desperately needs money and wasn't a main character. Most likely any funding that would have gone to a high cost to a main character went to Dorn so its most likely any other main character won't be worth it profit wise for Cryptic or PWE to shell out for another high costing VO.
  • kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    My money is on an O'brien.

It was teased in Sphere of Influence.

Honestly, it could be anybody tho.
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    We can assume that it's a Voyager actor, so:

Most likely: Tim Russ.

Personal fave: Robert Picardo.

My Y chromosome wants: Jeri Ryan. Probably Alice Kriege, too, because I find women with attitude (like, say, the Borg Queen) to be extremely attractive.

If it's someone not from Voyager:

Most likely: Whatshisface who played O'Brien.

Personal fave: Jeffery Combs and/or George Takei.

My Y chromosome wants: George Takei, because his freaking voice, man.
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    While Neelix does make a lot of sense as he is in the general area and would be good to link up for the eventually delta quadrant missions, at the same time as great a guy as Ethan Phillips is, Neelix has always been one of those characters that annoy people and has never been that popular.

are the devs really going to want to sell their new update with Neelix? I personally dont think so. Jeri is quite popular right now, so might be very busy with her TV work. Robert Beltran hated Chakotay so I doubt he would want to do it. Kate is probably too expensive and busy at this time.

Tim, bob Picardo and Garret are quite happy to do the fan stuff like gods and men and renegades and would most likely be happy to lend their voices to it.
  • ilikeshortsilikeshorts Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Most likely: Whatshisface who played O'Brien.

Colm Meaney. I kind of hope it is him, actually, he was always just irritable enough on the show and kind of a champ for how often he got crapped on by life.
  • tikonovtikonov Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    According to the various audio files patched in : its Tim Russ
    edited January 2014
    Colm Meaney. I kind of hope it is him, actually, he was always just irritable enough on the show and kind of a champ for how often he got crapped on by life.

Thank you, and excellent point.
  • maoguinmaoguin Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    We can assume that it's a Voyager actor, so:

My Y chromosome wants: George Takei, because his freaking voice, man.

Would love to him in the battleground say "Oh My" when the Rex-s come out to play! :)
  • sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Considering the content is Undine... There are 3 choices....

Garret Wang: Kim was infected by the Undine and ultimately saved by the Doctor

Robert Picardo: It was The Doctor that figured out how to combat the Undine's virus and helped Janeway develop a weapon against them that she used to bargain with the Borg for safe passage. Also.... A new ship, Warship Voyager, could easily be explained away if it was the Living Witness backup EMH that somehow found a temporal anomaly back home.

Robert Beltran: It was kinda Chakotay that had a love affair with an Undine...

In fact if things went that way the new player faction COULD be the Boothby "peaceful" Undine....
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
    edited January 2014
    maoguin wrote: »
    would Love To Him In The Battleground Say "oh My" When The Rex-s Come Out To Play! :)

Hell Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kianazerokianazero Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    maoguin wrote: »
    Would love to him in the battleground say "Oh My" when the Rex-s come out to play! :)

That, or saying "All your base, are belong to us." when we take all 3 silos.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGzn9tLmGr4