test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Startrek actor in 8.5 for the first time???

Comments

• worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm going to make a George Takei request thread right now. This is an awesome idea.
  • paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    sunseahl wrote: »
    Robert Beltran: It was kinda Chakotay that had a love affair with an Undine...

Chuckles was also the only one from Voyager who had any direct interaction with the Voth in "Distant Origin". But then, as others have already pointed out, Beltran has distanced himself somewhat from that role lately. (Avery Brooks is kind of that way with DS9's Sisko too, as I understand it.)

Anyway, among Voyager cast members, Mulgrew, Russ and Wang would be my top choices. I'm a little surprised no one's nominated Roxann Dawson yet - not only is she a Delta Quadrant veteran, but would have at least a symbolic role to play in an end-of-the-Fed/KDF-war storyline that has been speculated. Not to mention that she could also voice Miral Paris's dialog in a "Kuvah'Magh" episode remaster.
  • galanis2814galanis2814 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I think its probably Tim Russ, and I've always liked Tuvok so I don't have a problem with that.

In the future I'd like to see Jonathan Frakes show up to take over Admiral Quinn's seat and become the de facto leader of the faction. Jeri Ryan is a no-brainer when they want to do some Borg content that isn't just us blowing them to bits.

Actually I just had a thought, what if the next expansion isn't Cardassians like everyone assumes but rather an expedition back into the Delta Quadrant? Something like the Full Circle storyline from the novels, with a refit Voyager leading a fleet back to reestablish contact with the Delta Quadrant races. I can see Kate Mulgrew in a one-off appearance in a featured episode when the fleet departs, probably from the Dyson Sphere. And seeing as it would be the natural starting point it would also fall under the auspices of Joint Command, giving the Klingons and Romulans justification for joining in the expedition.
  • pmaddenpmadden Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    its got to be Seven,
    im surprised shes not been back already with the borg task force that she set up, acourding to the history it got dismantled and she cut contacts with the fed and left with her husband chak.
    but the fed should have sort her out when the borg reappeared, now they should consult her again for her knowledge of the delta quadrent and most of its occupants.
    she may even have info on the iconians, the dyson and the voth.
    Seven, at this point in the time line should be the most valued Starfleet a
    Officer in the quadrent!
  • ceekayzeroceekayzero Member Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    My vote is for Tim Russ.

A Star Trek Online story coming out with the next issue of Star Trek Magazine which will featured the Enterprise-F in the Solane Sphere. The story is called "Of chaos and Kal-toh". Given that it looks to be a prequel to the anniversary FE (it is released on the same day as the FE), I think that's a big big hint that it's going to be Tuvok.

Let's hope Tuvok can join us in the Battlezone.
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I always loved Janeway. In fact she is one of my favourite characters of all - time. A woman with that strong character, and she really performed really great in Voyager. I really liked she more than other main characters like Benjamin Sisko on DS9 (the show that i hated the most, and Sisko was just a robot with some acting skills..) and of course the cast of Enterprise. With the exception of , Captain Picard and the original crew of TOS, Captain Janeway was the character i liked more.

And it will be amazing to hear her again in-game. I think she is the most wanted character right now xD. Now, there are a lot of characters out there, but as it should be, we could only think on captains, commanders and some other high representatives of the Starfleet. Other characters (for example i loved Ro Laren) even if they were great at the moment, should be keeping out of the options.
  • puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    im thinking Tim Russ, as it has been stated in the past by the devs that he had shown interest in doing a voice over.. and he is probably one of the most active star trek actors/fan/trekkie I can think of..

if it is not Mr. Russ, than I think its gonna be a b or c lister.. perhaps someone who actually played a voth in voyager.. I really don't see them utilizing a big name in such a small update.
  • ufpterrellufpterrell Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I would love to see Tuvok in the game. But how would they do it. Isn't he serving on the Titan atm?
    Terrell.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ufpterrell wrote: »
    I would love to see Tuvok in the game. But how would they do it. Isn't he serving on the Titan atm?

the books storyline have no connection to the game. certain elements like the vesta are in there but its a totally different story. tuvok, or any character for that matter, is wherever cryptic want him or her to be.
  • stuart1965stuart1965 Member Posts: 691 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I looked up some info on tim russ and his current projects,am maybe its a red herring,but he seems too busy. I maybe wrong though.
  • ufpterrellufpterrell Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    True I guess, I suppose either way we'll find out in a week or so!
    Terrell.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
  • puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    True I guess, I suppose either way we'll find out in a week or so!

i tend to agree that he would be a little busy, which is why I had an alternate guess in my response..

but.. in the interview with Dorn, he said it was easy, and he did a lot of it over the phone.. or something to that tune.. so its not like they are asking him to come in, get into costume and full make up, and spend 2 weeks shooting 5 minutes worth of material...
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I would love to see any of the following actors:

Scott Bakula - Jonathan Archer, NX-01
    Patrick Stewart - Captain Picard, Enterprise D & E
    Micahel Dorn - Worf, more Worf is never a bad thing, eh?? ;)

And since I can't remember all the actors names....

Janeway
    Tuvok
    The Doctor
    Seven
    Chakotay
    Torres

Oh and if they can get him, William Shatner, Mr Kirk himself.
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Well, you know.. that possible image leak of the dyson hybrid ships did have a federation ship with an uncanny resemblance to the Luna class.
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    My two best guesses are about what everyone else's are: Tim Russ and Jeri Ryan.

Tim Russ has been doing a lot to promote Renegades, and even though Renegades itself is off limits as far as licensing goes, there are still opportunities for cross-promotion without a crossover if he reprises his role here.

I think Seven's less likely, but Jeri Ryan fits their past pattern a bit better, since she can be easily retconned into the Borg storyline (where she can have a big I-told-you-so over events in Path to 2409), similar to the new VO for Sela and Worf.

There's also a lot of ways she can fit into current content. She has connections to the Borg and the Undine (who are getting an overhaul, suggesting some Undine-related content coming soon), but more importantly, she has an almost reverent interest in Omega, meaning even without a new power entering the Sphere conflict, there's still all kinds of reasons why she would show up there.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    szerontzur wrote: »
    Well, you know.. that possible image leak of the dyson hybrid ships did have a federation ship with an uncanny resemblance to the Luna class.
    It also looks a lot like an Aventine. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    puttenham wrote: »
    im thinking Tim Russ, as it has been stated in the past by the devs that he had shown interest in doing a voice over.. and he is probably one of the most active star trek actors/fan/trekkie I can think of..

if it is not Mr. Russ, than I think its gonna be a b or c lister.. perhaps someone who actually played a voth in voyager.. I really don't see them utilizing a big name in such a small update.

well no one has mentioned Jeffery Combs playing an alien role capacity yet :P.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    hevach wrote: »
    There's also a lot of ways she can fit into current content. She has connections to the Borg and the Undine (who are getting an overhaul, suggesting some Undine-related content coming soon), but more importantly, she has an almost reverent interest in Omega, meaning even without a new power entering the Sphere conflict, there's still all kinds of reasons why she would show up there.
    AKA "subject matter expert" :D So what if she's biased? That's why you don't let her work alone. :P

Combs as Weyoun 9001 was brought up in another thread.... but not in this context.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    then it could be anyone for alien character role from a famous actor or actress. may as well throw another spin on it. a made up character for the role that knows the situation.

it was mentioned that some actor/actress with bring their character to sto for the first time, but it wasnt directly stated that the character was from the shows or one made up as their unique character from the actor or actress to use in STO.

i admit the chances are unlikely but it maybe a thought not yet considered.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Its most likely to be Tim Russ (Tuvok) , Kate Mulgrew (As Captain psychopath) or god help us all Ethan Philips (Neelix) Nothing against Ethan Philips, he is a good actor and when not playing the space hedgehog he does a decent job.

I doubt Garrett Wang or Robert Beltran (Harry Kim and Chakotay) as they have both pretty much said that VOY was hell for them and they hated it.

I would love to hear like Jeffrey Combs though as he has played a lot of Trek roles from Ferangi to Andorians and nailed each role so well.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    WHEATOOOOOOON!!!!

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
    GwaoHAD.png
  • drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Gosh I hope its Armin Shimerman who played Quark.

He's legendary.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    zipagat wrote: »
    Its most likely to be Tim Russ (Tuvok) , Kate Mulgrew (As Captain psychopath) or god help us all Ethan Philips (Neelix)

I doubt Garrett Wang or Robert Beltran (Harry Kim and Chakotay) as they have both pretty much said that VOY was hell for them and they hated it.

I would love to hear like Jeffrey Combs though as he has played a lot of Trek roles from Ferangi to Andorians and nailed each role so well.

That's 's why Garrett Wang keeps doing crappy Fan fiction Trek, and Robert Beltran did a joke video about how he hated Voyager.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • f9thaceshighf9thaceshigh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I doubt it'll be Kim, he's already in game, commanding Outpost Sierra II, although he doesn't have VO.
    edited January 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    That's 's why Garrett Wang keeps doing crappy Fan fiction Trek, and Robert Beltran did a joke video about how he hated Voyager.

Well maybe the got over it, its been awhile but both actors have at some point had less than positive things to say about Trek or at least the direction the producers were going with the characters.
  • oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The 3 Hints. The recording work is done and was done in LA.. So who ever it is lives or works with in a comfortable drive. 2nd hint... The actor has not done VO work for STO before.. That was specificly stated.. There how ever was no limitation or hint about what show the actor was in.. A Star Trek Actor...

And that means it's NOT Tim Russ. You hear his voice in the Fed Tutorial. But there is likely be an inclusion of some of the other voice files he recorded being used for some other missions.

SO My picks in order of

(1) The Most Desired.. John de Lancie

He's Q, he gets around..and I don't think Q Jr would be to upset to have dad show up and lend a hand... Jr's. good, But dad has more experience the alpha quadrant races. Oh, and he did show up on Voyager. and I think he lives in the LA area...

Also of note is that de Lancie has been doing voice over work in computer games for an amazingly long time... His computer game VO work apparently started with Interstate-76 and then continued with Planetscape Torment, a couple of the Assasin's creed game, and 3 or 4 trek titles. He might be willing to do it because it would be Fun. Mister de Lancie likes fun, and has been known to take fun over money a few times. Though getting paid, is a nice thing!

(2) The most fun person to get the gig!: Aron Eisenberg!

If it's not limited to Voyager only crew, I would plug for Aron Eeisenberg reprise his role as Nog. I figure he's made captain by now... And, he's a TAC (by STO standards), and last we saw in DS-9 he made Lt when the show ended. He lives in Simi Valley and is self employed as a Photographer. I'll bet he'd love to do it. He hasn't done any other game VO work that I'm aware of, but he is a trek fan in his own right, and is a bit of a gamer. Oh, and if your a lister to the various net radio stations he did the great plug for Subspace Radio.

"This is Aron Eisenberg, Nog of Deep Space 9, and your listening to sub space radio, the voice of Star Trek Online, and Grom, You owe me Latinum"

He knows about STO... *grin*, and he's definatly a gamer boy, and a trek fan in his own right besides being one talented guy! And frankly Voice Over work is not nearly as strenuous for him and regular acting. For those not aware, Aran has some fairly severe physical limitations these days

(3) The oh yea, just to cool pick: Garrett Wong

But if its strait up Voyager crew... It's gotta be Garrett Wong swinging in as Captain or Admiral Harry Kim.. he'd just be the most logical choice for many reasons. His own interest, his availibility to do the work. A free LTM in STO (if they don't sweeten the deal with THAT bribe, they ain't gamers!)... He has the interest I'm fairly certain, but he is also a bit of a long shot as he is currently involved in Star Trek Renegades, beside Tim Russ and several other noted trek actors... I don't think it's Mister Wong.. I would be awesome if it was. Can we say conflict of interest. CBS at one level likely wouldn't mind, but they have yet to take any official stand on Renegades which by the by is not a "Fan Film"...its a fan funded pilot proposal for a new Trek Series.
    And one of the reasons production is taking so long is they don't have the funds to make it as pretty as they would like...SO they're taking the time to get it as polished as they possibly can.

of course.. it could be "None of the above" I left out considering several of the other principle cast of Voyager and DS-9 due to current employment, and if they might be availible and interested in doing Voice over work for a Trek based computer game for what might be kinda low end of the scale pay.

As has been stated by Cryptic staff before "We would love to get (actor name) but we can't afford him/her."

And George. George loves doing trek game stuff as he has proven time and time again over the past 2 decades. And he hasn't done any STO work. And he lives in California. And it would be fun. I suppose he could jump in as an rather aged Fleet Admiral Sulu, giving players thier mission brief and orders to deploy to the Delta Quadrant.

I can't think of who else might be swinging in.. No matter. Who ever it is, is going to be a surprise.
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Robert Beltran - Chakotay. Nice guy IRL too (met him at a signing). Head of starfleet intelligence, delta quadrant "expert" and good character.

Another option I'd love is Andrew Robinson and some Garak on Cardassia missions.

My guess is either Neelix, Wesley Crusher or Garak. Unless 7,Janeway or Tuvok rejoin Starfleet.

Ethan Phillips already does voice acting for games (He was a Jedi in Knights of the old republic)
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.
  • drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    mrspidey2 wrote: »
    Doesn't he hate Voyager? Could be hard/expensive to get him as Chakotay again.

He certainly felt underused in the last 2 seasons which is why they gave him the Seven of Nine love story instead of having the Doctor finally get her. His role really got condensed down to "Captain, you are morally wrong to do this!" "Really, tough, I'm doing it anyway!" "Oh yeah, well.... okay then, same time next week?"

Still, you're right, he'd be tough to get unless they gave him something meaty to do.
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

edited January 2014
    He certainly felt underused in the last 2 seasons which is why they gave him the Seven of Nine love story instead of having the Doctor finally get her. His role really got condensed down to "Captain, you are morally wrong to do this!" "Really, tough, I'm doing it anyway!" "Oh yeah, well.... okay then, same time next week?"

Still, you're right, he'd be tough to get unless they gave him something meaty to do.

That and here is another native American stereotype that his generic unnamed native American tribe practice.