test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 8 Dev Blog #37

Comments

• worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    HELL YES!!!

Gimme some badassified Undine who fight smart!

I love you, devs!
  • galadimangaladiman Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Nope, try again ;)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Glad to hear it, I'm not a fan of the look.

I do like the idea of smarter, stronger enemies, though - kudos!
    Please reconsider ARC. Please make it optional, at the least. PLEASE.
    It seems the vast majority of your most active players (forum regulars) hate the idea... and while that's a small subset of the playerbase, I think it's an important constituency.
    THE PLAYERS DO NOT WANT THIS.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2014
    You have to be kidding - I think Undine ships - the cruiser and the dread would be very desirable lock box ships.

It's not out of the question for the future, but this revamp of the space combat experience players face against the Undine was not for an Undine Lock Box -- it's for, dare I say, [REDACTED] :D :cool:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • mutualcoremutualcore Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    hmmmmmm... now we know who is fighting the Voth. Glad to see Undine back in the picture, yay!
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Color me surprised and quite intrigued! :eek:

I've always thought the Undine were terribly underutilized in STO, and that they should be so much more than what we've encountered thus far.

I look forward to the changes described in the Blog, and hope the existing Undine missions get a good spruce-up (like the Fed missions are getting), and maybe a relaunch/expansion on new Undine-themed STF missions... That'd be fantastic!

Undine FTW!

:D

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • mamif3mamif3 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It's not out of the question for the future, but this revamp of the space combat experience players face against the Undine was not for an Undine Lock Box -- it's for, dare I say, [REDACTED] :D :cool:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

OOOhhhhh I get it.

We are getting the undine dread as a frigate pet for the obelisk.

Will be able to launch 2x undine dreads which will then each summon undine frigates. They will all benefit from the obelisk 3 piece set of course.

Not to mention they will have the best Ai compared to all other carrier pets.

:D
  • ngonorrheangonorrhea Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I'm pretty sure Bran had a keyboard made with a [REDACTED] key installed on it, just so he could drive us crazy.....
  • qweeble#7491 qweeble Member Posts: 164 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2014
    Is that a model/texture touch-up I see there?

Sure is. :cool:
    I make space ships!
    Twitter! STO_JamJamz
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    tehjonel wrote: »
    i'm calling it now... undine lockbox incoming.

Nicor in the Box, Frigate in the Lobi store, Tethys/Vila as a Doff Promo reward.

Regardless - hell to the yes. I assume this is going to mean that the Biomolecular Warhead Launcher will finally be useful?
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I hope its for a new rep with terradome and some other missions for new stfs :D
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,442 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I finally got around to running through the first fluidic space mission this morning on my main (hey, I have fun TRIBBLE around in the low-level missions - so sue me!). I'm looking forward to this revamp, because my Nebula never got below 50% hull damage while trying to get that accursed arthritic Gekli to show me the way home. (Incidentally, that's one thing that could be fixed - the frakking thing moves so slowly that at one point I lost where it was while fighting off an Undine attack group, and had to restart the mission so I could find it again. It needs to either move faster, or have a map indicator as to its current position.)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Romulan Lock Boxes? :D
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,442 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    Nicor in the Box...
    Sounds like a new fast-food joint in Pelia sector.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    edited January 2014
    It's not out of the question for the future, but this revamp of the space combat experience players face against the Undine was not for an Undine Lock Box -- it's for, dare I say, [REDACTED]

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Secret translation of earthly origin code:

"[REDACTED] :D :cool:= Romulan lock box containing Undine codes for secret stuff."

What do I know I am just the cook. :D
  • wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    thank the maker. the undine getting some long over due attention!! :eek: :) :cool:
  • starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The touch ups to the Undine ships have made them look a million dollars. They're really organic and other-worldly looking.

I was really hoping it was going to mean an Undine lock box, because seriously, the cruiser is an amazing design that reminds me of the Vorlon ships in Babylon 5... and I wants one! :D
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Dear god, please say it's not the borg.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    edited January 2014
    I want to see dendrils growing outwards from the Undine ships. :eek: (Honestly I don't know what dendrils means but sounds geeky, scifiky and fancy) :D
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited January 2014

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Glad to hear that - the cruiser in the box and the dread carrier in the lobi store would be awesome. The battleship looks like a squashed Beatle - and probably should be left out of the lock box.

And the Yellow anti-proton beams - yes please!
  • wfs5519wfs5519 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The touch ups look great. any chaance the phaser weapons visuals can be adjusted to match canon?
  • kyuzos7kyuzos7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    are we getting Undine STF's? or... what updating the undine seems kinda... wasted

tbh getting the bio warhead on the romulan story seemed kinda pointless since they don't fight Undines at all but for the few episodes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm gonna say Undine lock box in the future. Next lockbox is enemy faction or romulan lockbox.

Of course this update is going to tie into terradome.

Looks awesome guys, hoping to see these guys pose a threat
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    dahminus wrote: »
    I'm gonna say Undine lock box in the future. Next lockbox is enemy faction or romulan lockbox.

I would definitely agree here. Only problem is if they are too powerful... let the Q.Q storm begin... XD
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    dahminus wrote: »

Definately a lockbox no matter what if they took time for a screen shots like that its a lockbox lol
  • hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I would definitely agree here. Only problem is if they are too powerful... let the Q.Q storm begin... XD

I remember that Undine disguised as a Fed ship outside Terradome was ridiculously hard unless you had an elite team of fully developed toons in a coordinated attack, but then again I last tried that one back when the highest level gear you could get was Mk X purple. It may also have been before the refit/retrofit/fleet variants of the Defiant were available, so I was still flying the T4 Defiant in endgame missions. Yes, that went exactly as well as you might expect.
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
    edited January 2014
    I DESCIPHERED THE CODE: I am excited

What is coming you ask?

An Undine RED ALERT!!!! :D
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

We all know [REDACTED] is Terradome. Come on, confirm the theory, we know you are just dying of suspense. :D
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
    edited January 2014
    We all know [REDACTED] is Terradome. Come on, confirm the theory, we know you are just dying of suspense. :D

No Terradome, it is an Undine Red Alert. (maybe an invasion of Undines against Iconian against Borgs against Mirror Universe ships and we just watch them destroy each other and we just collect the booty. :D )
  • maxxinamaxxina Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Looks like increase the ammount of people thanks to cryptic north obtained in summer last year and there getting to speed is finally on 100 percent and we will results from that :)
  • brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Rumors also persist that the Vila-class ships have been modified to allow them to rip open rifts to Fluidic Space in combat, but this ability has not yet been observed by any surviving party.

Interesting....

Looking foward to a revamped Terradome STF + accompanying Undine lockbox promotion :P
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]