Install Arc

Season 8 Dev Blog #37

Comments

• orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited January 2014
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,184 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »

Thanks for doing the link post. On page one of this very thread too.
  • mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thank you for this nice dev blog, very interesting stuff.

Its allmost sure that an undine STF is coming, whatever its in the form of a redone Terradome or something else. The AI upgrades sugests that.

And Tethys Dreadnought shouldve been backwards, wouldve made a badass Vorlon Dreadnought :)
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    eazzie wrote: »
    Thanks for doing the link post. On page one of this very thread too.
    Hmm, not sure I believe that, the opportunity is too good to miss, but if he says so ;)

Thx for linking
    Any time. =)

Oh also, here's where Branny mentions the [REDACTED].

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=14539591&postcount=34
  • havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Maybe Stahl just left for D'angelo to introduce the next thing after lockboxes. Think more gamble, more expensive, more OP.

Hence it won't be the Undine lockbox, but the undince [redacted]....:eek:

Boy you guys really burned some trust here over the years. Still lookin forward to a playable terradome...its been a while.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    It might be evident to you, but it's not evident to a lot of others.

First of all, the Undine use powerful bio ships. Unlikely that any of those will ever be playable. If they are, they'll need a damned good explanation why we can suddenly toss these large equipment modules onto an organice ship without some story-altering explanation like reverse-engineering Borg cybernetic tech or something.

Secondly, a Cryptic team member has spoken. I'm not sure where the company stands on blatant lies with their employees, but even without any official regulations on it, IMO it's more reasonable to believe him.

And what exactly is evidence of this? The new skins for the ships aren't. Just because NPCs get a facelift in a game does not mean they're gonna be playable soon.

If you have a perfectly good reason to think that the Undine are gettintg a dedicated lockbox, by all means, please point this evidence out so we all can accept it. But merely the claim that it's evident isn't good enough.

The post wasn't meant to be that serious (the 'tired brain' mention should have been a clue).

To your first point:
    We came from being offered ships like the Galor and D'Kora that made at least some sense to be given to players (war surpluses, need for ressources, support) to Tholian vessels that'd need to be seriously updated to even support a humanoid crew and to any other faction's ship we've stumbled upon. I find it entirely believable they would give us bioships without even trying to explain it.

To your second point:
    Still, I believe Bran's answer was 'No' to the Undine lockbox being 'incoming' in the sense the Undine LB is not the next lockbox. I'd say it's the one right after the next LB. (Then Bran doesn't lie.)

And the ships getting an update AND getting a blog about it seems suspicious to me. Did the Nausicaans get a blog when updated? No, and I haven't noticed anyone calling out a Nausicaan lockbox.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Not that I don't like updated missions or updated ship skins or improvements on space environment because I do and I'm glad you guys are doing updates but there's still a serious imbalance concern that someone needs to take the time between seasons and go back and update.

Science captain space skills. Sure you updated the two most favorite of most people to use which was GW and TR but many of us science captains are still disappointed and some not returning until we see that kind of updating done to the rest of our skillset available. You have a large number of skills that no one ever uses because they are worthless in PVE.
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    amosov78 wrote: »
    Just to elaborate on what I was suggesting: The Undines immune system would make them highly resistant to tactical, science and engineering debuffs, while their biogenic field would increase their ground defense, and while in close range to them, also prevent tactical captains from beaming down security teams, and also stopping engineering captains from using orbital strike as well as fabricating turrets, mines and drones. I'm sure Cryptic could come up with an appropriate distance you'd need to be from the Undine to stop this debuff to your captain, and allow you to summon fabrications or security teams once more.

That would have no impact on any of the missions with them the way I play. For me, a better buff would be to increase the rate of attack sightly, and significantly increase their move plus give a few of their lower ranks lunge.

Their officers are pretty decent already but with slightly faster attacks (thus a significant increase to the chain's full rotation) they'd be the monsters they should be.

Alternatively, give a chance for one of a tactical officer's security team beamed down to be a shape shifted undine.
  • ltcmdjamescoreltcmdjamescore Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hope it means return of the Terradome and that other mission involving sheperding of Gekli youngsters (aka Gekli Feeding Grounds).
    izNBNFT.jpg
  • i8472i8472 Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So is ISE getting a little change? blow the gate and Undine rifts open? ...
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Okay, okay, I'll bite. The next Lock Box is the 'BranFlakes Lock Box'.
    Obvious troll is obvious. :p

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Is that the secret project that Stahl is working on?

Admit it, you've stuffed him into a crate and we have to buy crates from you in hopes of getting him out before his air supply runs out! ;-)
  • saxfiresaxfire Member Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm gonna say this last time: HIROGEN! It has been datamined from tribble files. stop arguing.
    Say the word, it saves the world.
    CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
    Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
  • josephdridgewayjosephdridgeway Member Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    saxfire wrote: »
    I'm gonna say this last time: HIROGEN! It has been datamined from tribble files. stop arguing.
    Say it all you want. Without definitive confirmation, or proof, datamined files from the Tribble server mean nothing.
    Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
    The Armada
    Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
    Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
    edited January 2014
    Okay, okay, I'll bite. The next Lock Box is the 'BranFlakes Lock Box'.
    Obvious troll is obvious. :p

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Yeah right like I would pay to have a Brandon BOFF on my ship. I'll have him on airlock duty ...... outside the ship :P
  • firekeeperhufirekeeperhu Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    saxfire wrote: »

yeah, some evidence would be great... i'm on it btw, i have waited since the launch of LoR to play with hirogen, if not the species, at least the ships.
    <3 Defiant <3

RnD and upgrade needs less RNG. Less lottery. Something has to change.
  • solidshatnersolidshatner Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I hope the Hirogen thing is true. I'd love to fly one of there ships. IMO it should feel like a raider or a raptor. Having said that, I also feel there would be some interesting story possibilities for KDF with the Hirogen. Both people value 'The Hunt' and I'd imagine they would have a lot more in common with each other.

An allience between the two actually makes waaaaay more sense than RomulanKDFers.

Hmm . . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    yeah, some evidence would be great... i'm on it btw, i have waited since the launch of LoR to play with hirogen, if not the species, at least the ships.

I'm waiting for Hirogen and Suliban BOffs for the Romulan Republic.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • raptor63549raptor63549 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Sounds like we can look forward to a Terradome revamp (finally)
    Undine rep and more Undine STFs to match.
  • tehjoneltehjonel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    a branflakes doff would be sooo awesome! make it happen.
  • gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Cryptic have signed a deal with IDW publishing/BBC and we'll have a Timelord lockbox.
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hmmm, Bran may not like the fact his likeness is being used for such missions as, 'Turn in Changeling Spy' or 'Execute for Incompetence'! :eek: :D

And yeah..I'm just joking!

I'm still waiting for the Riot Force 6 DOffs...because we need more pink beam spam!

On a note related to the topic...who wants to bet the reason for the Ministry of El-Dumbs for the Voth were also infiltrated by the Undine and this is all about proving that in regards to the new FE?
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    raventomoe wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for the Riot Force 6 DOffs...because we need more pink beam spam!

On a note related to the topic...who wants to bet the reason for the Ministry of El-Dumbs for the Voth were also infiltrated by the Undine and this is all about proving that in regards to the new FE?

:eek:
  • imadoctornotaimadoctornota Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If it is a Hirogen box, I hope they have singularity cores. Their communications arrays were all powered by singularities. Although we can't be entirely sure they were created by the Hirogen, it appeared that they at least had control of them for a long period of time, during which they easily could've mimicked the technology.

In any case, it's very unlikely that the Romulans are the only race in the galalxy with singularity cores. And all other types of ships are available to all 3 factions...
    Thanks for the expansion that had "as much content as the last"
    9 Episodes = 30+ episodes...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's pronounced "S.T.O." "Stow" sounds idiotic! lol
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Systems Designer Jeff "AdjudicatorHawk" Hamilton shares details about the process behind revamping the Undine space combat experience in this entry of the Season 8 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.

The Vorlons called and they want their fleet back.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If it is a Hirogen box, I hope they have singularity cores. Their communications arrays were all powered by singularities. Although we can't be entirely sure they were created by the Hirogen, it appeared that they at least had control of them for a long period of time, during which they easily could've mimicked the technology.

In any case, it's very unlikely that the Romulans are the only race in the galalxy with singularity cores. And all other types of ships are available to all 3 factions...

Here's my view on it all... Iconians just happen to drop a manual on singularity technology in front of a hirogen, hirogen all gather around for centuries trying to read it, then they use it to talk to sela, then they read disclaimer romulans must kill remans because they are decendants of one of the iconians last enemies from their time. Then the elachi have this undine problem about being too weak so they become agents of the iconains. Then undine get mad they were played so then they mass produce lockboxes with their ships in them and then they shove hirogen ships into lobi store to stick it back to the iconians.

I mean seriously its transparent. Iconians build these projections(communication arrays), Hirogen get a technical manual dropped out of the air, then they just happen to meet sela, who just happens to get rescued by iconians, which this stuff in the dyson sphere supposably is using singularity tech. So very small circle of singularity tech users out there... Graphically speaking too the Elachi and Undine always looked like their type of space was unique to them just different colors lol :D They might be the enemy and under false impressions that the alpha quadrant works for the elachi. So we will get undine lockboxes first, then hirogen 2nd, and then we will get a STF where you will get frustrated from grethor if you do not have stuff that comes from these lockboxes. The next holding will be an iconian communications array though that will have deflectors engines and shields that set effects remove 20 debuffs that annoy the TRIBBLE out of you.
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I want Lock-Boxes based on the Devs.
    edited January 2014
    I want Lock-Boxes based on the Devs.

PALEASE. You seriously want a Taco Boff causing havoc on your ship lol :P
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2014
    OOOooh! What's this one do? :::pushes big red button:::
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »
    OOOooh! What's this one do? :::pushes big red button:::
    Very clever Dee-Dee moment there Taco :P
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Or a Doff based on this boy who pushed a button and blew up an Oberth and was the lone survivor.

But give us an Ultra rare Commander Kiki Boff! and you guys can include laser shooting animals as much as you want