What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dyson Space daily change

Comments

• Options
    hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    What the wrapper was used for was basically free dil. :( which was lame, and why it had to go.

And Dyson Marks... Because you know... Dil is not supposed to be given by just about everything we do... Because that would make it like a time based... ooooh waaaaaaaaiiiit...
  • Options
    mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    andargor wrote: »
    The thing I don't understand, is why they don't give out dil in small portions like in the battlezone? Do a mini-mission, get 50-100 dil. Clear out the invading voth from the minefield, 250 dil... That way the time invested vs dil reward would be more reasonable.

I think this is needed on the space missions but in smaller amounts similar to the ground. You get 60 dil for capturing a point which actually takes longer than some of those space missions because they are on timers. I also think the capture towers mission should award like the dinos do on the ground. I don't know the bigger plan though and maybe they have another agenda for space game play in the Sphere that is not being shared.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • Options
    kranrusakranrusa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeah, this has basically killed the Dyson Sphere for me... and while the Dil was really nice, thats not even the main thing, its the marks that kill me... the 50 marks for each daily (100 total for allied/contested) plus whatever you got for doing the repeatable missions was great...

And to try and sell this clear nerf to us as a buff 'No more long, daily grindy mission!' how stupid do you think we are? the dailies took all of two repeatable missions then maybe one more random mission... so this is what? 30seconds to a minute quicker? pull the other one cryptic... i guess i'll stop playing and paying for this game again, and hear i thought you were changing the way you put out content (for the better) serves me right, i guess.
  • Options
    lukemblukemb Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Could someone check and confirm?

I accepted the Allied Zone Daily before the patch, I then patched the game and completed the daily just now, I still got 960 dil and 50 marks.

I thought it was because the mission was accepted before the patch but then it is still in my list of Available Missions on a 10-hour cooldown (instead of 20 hours).

I also confirmed that there is no daily in the Contested Zone.

Is anyone else still seeing an available Allied Zone Daily with 10-hour cooldown? is it intended?

Thanks
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Usually at this times - there would be 7 - 10 full Dyson Space Instances in both the Allied and Contested Zones. Now there's 7-10 instances BETWEEN BOTH Zones and two of those are full (20 players).

Also, for myself - after seeing what I get for flying around and taking on of the small missions; I would be providing further metrics as there's no real reason or incentive to GO to the Dyson Space Zone. I'll do one run of either 'The Breach' or 'Storming the Spire' for a Commendation as those ALSO give me Dilithium Ore for my time spent doing them (which was what was outright removed from the Dyson Sphere Space zone with the removal of the wrapper missions.

I've read that Cryptic was also working of a third Dyson Sphere Space zone that didn't make it in time for Season 8 launch, and they were3 finishing it and releasing it later. My suggestion at this point: Don't bother wasting an further Dev resources, as with the removal of the wrapper missions, no one will be using the two zones we currently have much - and a third will become just as much of a ghost town.

WTG Cryptic.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    darkshadow12345darkshadow12345 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I just want to know who the ... (sifting through a few choice words . . . nope can't find a better one), ****** at Cryptic was that thought this was an improvement to what we had before. Seriously? It's like they cut our legs off and said "oh but you don't have to bother with pants anymore."
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm going to take this as confirmation my belief someone one at cryptic is fae, it is the only reason I can come up with for them making choice that make no sense by human logic. the real question now is are they nice fae or mean fae.

and I was just starting too like cryptic too

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    lukemb wrote: »
    I accepted the Allied Zone Daily before the patch, I then patched the game and completed the daily just now, I still got 960 dil and 50 marks.
    If you have the mission, you can still complete and claim it, but you will never be able to pick it up again.

So it's still there, and we could GET IT BACK. GIVE US OUR DAILY BACK!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Cryptic and their super bad decisions, a sentence I say way to often I think at least once every day.
    Bridger.png
  • Options
    kiloacekiloace Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I concur, this is very lame.

What they should do is make each mission a 1-hour repeatable upon successful completion, and have each mission reward 10 Dyson Marks, 240 Dilithium Ore, and 1 Commendation (every 20 hrs.)

There are 4 in the Allied Zone, so that's 40 Dyson Marks, 960 Dilithium Ore, and 1 Commendation (AKA the same the daily used to give, minus 10 marks). Then maybe you could have a special 5th mission come up with the completion of all 4 of those within the hour, and that could reward 10 additional Dyson Marks.

Its really lame that they'd remove a way to generate dilithium in the sphere though. It only makes everyone grind older content harder.
  • Options
    konamerekonamere Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Took me about 10 minutes yesterday before the patch to run the contested zone daily. I stuck around to help kill all 4 dreadnoughts and I got a whopping 20 dilithium plus I think 960 for the daily. Didn't really care about the dilithium I just wanted my commendation. My fastest time for that mission was 6 minutes 25 seconds.

Today I spent 1/2 hour doing 2 or 3 space missions in the contested zone, helped capture a tower then defended a tower. Still no commendation and no daily mission available.

So I go to ground. Grab the daily, don't read it and capture a point in the park instead of the outskirts. Get to the outskirts and help capture a point. We have everything then so help to kill all 3 Vrex. Still no commendation. Wait for the reset, capture a point and finally get my commendation.

So about 1 hour instead of 10 minutes on the old daily. Thanks for saving me from that lengthy grind.:rolleyes:

It won't take as long tomorrow but even starting with the ground daily I'm pretty sure it is going to take more than 10 minutes.

Edit: I guess you just have to find the right mission. A little over 5 minutes today so not so bad as far as getting a commendation.
  • Options
    halfblack1halfblack1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Please Bring back the Dyson Joint Command dailies. I only have little time to play and it was the fastest was to earn the 2 new currencies.
  • Options
    vynndrasanvynndrasan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i agree i don't see why it had to be removed, it was a quick 20 minute mission that rewarded you for your time you got marks, dilithium, and a bit of expertise, please bring it back.
  • Options
    zensutrazensutra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    bridgern wrote: »
    Cryptic and their super bad decisions, a sentence I say way to often I think at least once every day.

I'm in a love-hate with them. Sometimes they do some very cool things...but then follow it up with some terrible decision-making or design.

It's like development is a zero-sum game to them.
  • Options
    latiasracerlatiasracer Member Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    That's the point, Cryptic decided that it was too easy for us to gain dilithium

So now we are effectively shoe-horned into one boring quest (Take today for example - I got deliver secret orders, woo hoo!) rather than completing the percentage, which allowed us to do as we pleased.

Honestly, i wish they had just taken away the dilithium if they didn't want us to have it. I'm never going back there now, I'm just going to finish my rep using the winter epohs.. It's a shame, as it was one of my favorite things to do! :(
    warp plasma can't melt neutronium beams
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I think it was because people like me never did any of those missions inside the Dyson sphere. All I would do to complete the daily was just fly around and blast away at voth ships for awhile until I got 100% completion.

The daily nerf won't get me to do those missions in the sphere though, I will probably just never go there anymore and just do the breach elite instead.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    marc8219 wrote: »
    The daily nerf won't get me to do those missions in the sphere though, I will probably just never go there anymore and just do the breach elite instead.

Quoted for emphasis. There is NO reason whatsoever to go to dyson sphere space at all right now. The ONLY reason people do the ground missions is to just exploit them for dil (run around fire 1 shot at the v-rex, and let the others kill it while they go fire 1 shot at the next v-rex, etc).

It's a complete failure. Nobody freakin' wants to fight DINOSAURS IN SPACE. Not only that, but the super powers they have both on ground and in space are ridiculous.

Dyson sphere is a complete joke.
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm talking about the sphere space zone.

Time of death: Thursday, December 19th, 7AM PST.

You will be missed. Rest in peace :(
  • Options
    captainedwards09captainedwards09 Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The Contested Zone is basically pointless to me now, really wish they would just bring the daily back in.
  • Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ... Wut?

/10char
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I am a doctor and no game developer! What am I supposed to do about that, he?
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,247 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Dammit jim I'm a doctor not a space mechanic!
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    latiasracerlatiasracer Member Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    That's what you get when you remove the reward system that everyone liked! :D
    warp plasma can't melt neutronium beams
  • Options
    earlnyghthawkearlnyghthawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Sounds like even less reasons for me to bother with the Voth thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
    Temperance Brennan, "A building"
  • Options
    looter#0963 looter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Cryptic can find the missing ship cause Im tired of looking...
    Dyson dailies actually gave me a break from STF's which are just boring beyond belief.
    Breach and Storming the spire was a nice touch...for the first 20 times.
  • Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Why are all those thread going to "Feature Episodes and Events"?
    That doesn't even make sense to me... the Dyson Sphere is not an event, and it is dead sure no FE.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    umiharayuuumiharayuu Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I just do Storm the Spire. It's a little faster and less boring.
    Also if you want DL, just turn in borg parts. 1k each @ 15 minutes.

I always hit DL cap too fast doing normal dailies anyways.
    www.RIHANNSU.org
    Romulan Institute

D'Galan - Engineer
  • Options
    zensutrazensutra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    xiaoping88 wrote: »
    Why are all those thread going to "Feature Episodes and Events"?
    That doesn't even make sense to me... the Dyson Sphere is not an event, and it is dead sure no FE.

Think they're just burying it so there's not more outrage in General Discussion. Seems like everyone who comes into the Allied Zone is asking where the Daily is, just spread the word in-game I guess.
  • Options
    leescottyleescotty Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    well i got to add my 2 cents worth into this topic and that is the changes sucks big time, before the change i would pick up the daily mission with its very handy cd timer so i knew when exactly i could redo this daily again and in the process i could also pick up a few other on the spot missions i came across or the 4 zoned missions that were available and by time i had done at least one of those the chances are i had 10 voth marks from them plus if i was lucky my daily had already completed as i'd shot and killed voth targets in the bonus and there i was happy with my 50 marks, 960 dil plus the commendation.

So now what do we get a simple zoned mission to complete with a fantastic 10 marks and the comendation minus the always needed dil rewards for all the things you need dil for and 50 marks less (wow what a improvement) sarcassam intended!!!!

Whats just as annoying is some of the zoned missions are so bugged you can;t complete and end up having to drop to try one that might actually work.

I might as well just avoid the whole sphere and never visit again and just do a single breach for its lame 460dil reward and semi decent marks plus the commendation which btw for at least 30 minute mission its pretty poor rewards too.
    its a shame as i thought the sphere was fun before this nerf
  • Options
    mikoto123amikoto123a Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Really hating this nerf - To add insult to injury every mission in the allied zone I tried today was bugged.