test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dyson Space daily change

Comments

• captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    That was doable prior to this change. It's in no way any kind of replacement for the wrapper mission.

fair enough, my mistake.
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    as pointed out earlier, the commendation can be traded in for marks and a decent chunk of dilithium at tier 5 now which is at least one bright spot. so its not a disaster once you actually get to tier 5.

Eh, it's still half the reward from before.

My concern is that this totally takes away the incentive to do the zone event in the Contested Zone. I only ever got like 30 Marks from the whole thing, but since it also gave completion for the Daily, that was a bonus incentive for blowing up the dreadnaughts. Now it's a big time sink for a few dozen marks. :(
  • xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    as pointed out earlier, the commendation can be traded in for marks and a decent chunk of dilithium at tier 5 now which is at least one bright spot. so its not a disaster once you actually get to tier 5.

I was told that three times by now and I knew it before the first time.
    But thank you anyways, I guess it might help people who were not aware of it. :D

As a matter of fact, I am using that project on a daily basis since i reached T5 what now? Almost two weeks ago I think. It's the only way to get rid of commendations after being through with the Rep.

But we had that project before the current nerf. It's not like they added it as a compensation.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Interesting, so by this 'nerfing of the new addition', basically, all the hard work Cryptic has put into the game of creative and hard work (I want to emphasize hard work. -Did i mention hard work?) are being reduced to a layer of grut in the picxturesque coffecup? Way to go.
    One thing is to weigh grind vs. playability-balance, which Cryptic hasn't been to successful with. -Now the essence of what pulls people (marks and dil (due to obvious reasons... ...they are NEEDED...) Otherwise, which I have learnt already, sadly enough. Go in, get enough mark to pull off a project, earning five recomendations... ...Now, I can choose to ignore Voth for a loong time, since I have 5x20hrs of rep-grind covered.

IF there were still marks and dil to be had, I'd might fancy a trip there now and then...
    Without marks and dil... ...Why would I in 5x20hrs bother doing that, when I'll be needing using my time for doffing and dil-mining to reach my daily 8000 to put into items and starbase/mine/embassy/spire-projects. Eh?

Someone is not using their brains here. (Yes, yes... ...I am also dense at certain times, but I don't try to make money or customers of a computergame in a fluctuating, active, and progressive technological market.)
    /Floozy
  • papertoastypapertoasty Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    that is the only use for the commendations, but the 20 marks for a 20 hr project is just a kick in the balls.
    i think it gives less dil as well
    still less than the original missions.
  • sinusiridumsinusiridum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    darkjeff wrote: »
    Eh, it's still half the reward from before.

My concern is that this totally takes away the incentive to do the zone event in the Contested Zone. I only ever got like 30 Marks from the whole thing, but since it also gave completion for the Daily, that was a bonus incentive for blowing up the dreadnaughts. Now it's a big time sink for a few dozen marks. :(

It will, at least for me and without a doubt for many more players, because what's the point of going to Dyson spacezone now? They add new content, and then they "scare" players away. Good job.
    ###################
  • schneemann83schneemann83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Battlezone has always been far more rewarding, so no real change. Maybe the missing Voth zone will one day offer space combat with competitive rewards.
  • mattaukettmattaukett Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Quite disappointing the wrapper going, especially since I could do both space zones in less than 10 minutes get the commendation and repeat on several alts with good dilithium and mark returns. I guess now that a lot of people are hitting T5 and getting the daily commendation turn in mission that they were worried about the extra dilithium entering the game for no real extra game time from the space missions (I'm not going to mention battlezone for fear of prompting any unpopular change.....).

That said, rather than maintaining a similar reward level they've gone for an overall reduction which is disappointing and sounds reminiscent of the Season 7 dilithium nerf which was so unpopular and quickly reversed.

I've also got to agree this js disappointing for the found missions, as they've pretty much pointless now for the small rewards given, much like the ground missions on new Romulus (good to do once for interest, but worthless thereafter)/
  • finaltom5finaltom5 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    There is barely enough players in the contested zone. Now they want to get rid of more players from the zone, with these changes?

Was season 8 made to encourage or discourage players? I ask myself why should I go and play in the space zone of the sphere. Ans: I get nothing but a few marks here and there, oooh and some expertise. Other then that, since i enjoy playing space combat more then ground. I guess I have to go back to the PVE ques for the same ol boring grind, over and over and over and over again.

I would think that cryptic would want us to play more, so that they can have a paycheck, so they remove content. Makes no since to me.

Since you are at it, you might as well remove the dil from the rewards in the ground battlezones. Not like we need to play any more anyways.

Good luck with that!
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    And there's the sweep off the general discussion boards.

I guess that answers whether or not Cryptic wants any kind of discussion of the topic.
  • ramaramaramarama Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This is quite sad. There is little to zero reason to play the new space adventure zone, the selling point of Season 8! Cryptic, you could have easily went the opposite route on this!

Dili and marks too easy to get? Lower the "percent to completion" that each found mission and Volt ship gave. Done. The daily takes longer to finish, thus increasing the value of the dili. No real downside here.

However, now the dailies are gone. Why? ESTFs are still terribly easy and can be repeated far more often than Dyson dailies, are they next? The Defera dailies have a mission in which you simply talk your way to some free dili. Not to mention the rest of them are simple "destroy them all" missions.

Why nerf your new content to the point of irrelevance? I honestly cannot believe that people were complaining about the commendation. Any daily in the Sphere awarded it. Any. You can finish the Contested Zone daily in minutes. Mere minutes...

I'm sorry, but this just doesn't sit well with me at all.
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,412 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So yeah, why were they removed? They were a great way to make some marks and I could fly around in the 2 sectors doing stuff. The dili reward was fair considering there was a 20 hour cool down on each mission.

So why were these missions removed? Did the overlords just want to nerf? Im confused. :(
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Read the patch notes. It's explained there why they were removed.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Constricting dilithium supply so your grind progress falls below some arbitrary limit.
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
    edited December 2013
    Read the patch notes. It's explained there why they were removed.

Incorrect. They explained why the commendation was moved to an area mission, not why ~2000 dilithium and 100 Dyson Sphere marks were removed from available mission rewards.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Incorrect. They explained why the commendation was moved to an area mission, not why ~2000 dilithium and 100 Dyson Sphere marks were removed from available mission rewards.

Use your noggin - to stop you getting Dilithium too easily.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
    edited December 2013
    johngazman wrote: »
    Use your noggin - to stop you getting Dilithium too easily.

There's the "real reason" and the "stated reason".

We're in complete agreement on the first. Cryptic wants you to believe something substantively different for the latter.
  • zensutrazensutra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I think it's to direct players more towards the Queue and Battlezone. Or *tinfoil hat* to rebalance the recent 8-10% drop in dilithium value on the exchange. Although wouldn't that just increase Zen value?

I like how in the main thread for the patch notes they just kept pointing at the 'look! you can get the Commendations more easily now!' like that's what we were most concerned about.
    edited December 2013
    Indeed, I recently started feeling like I was making progress on Fleet Projects costing dilithium. Something obviously was amiss and imbalanced.
  • xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    zensutra wrote: »
    Indeed, I recently started feeling like I was making progress on Fleet Projects costing dilithium. Something obviously was amiss and imbalanced.

You had to be punished for that insolence!
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Stated Reason: Streamlined commendation earnings

Real Reason: Nerf to dilithium/mark earnings

Next up on the chopping block could be the battlezone. Enjoy it while it lasts. :rolleyes:
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The change is pretty great since now I have no reason at all to go to the Dyson Sphere. I used to do the daily...and might have continued to do so once my rep was complete if only for the dilithium reward, but now that place will be avoided.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • kalanikalani Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Officially the Dailies that only take 2-5 min to complete were taking too long for players to complete to earn Commendations so they replaced them with missions that have a hard timer in most cases of 5 min so it would be quicker.

If anyone from Cryptic reads this next time we are earning more rewards than intended when you fix it just tell us that instead of insulting us with an excuse that doesn't even add up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kalanikalani Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    hypl wrote: »
    Next up on the chopping block could be the battlezone. Enjoy it while it lasts. :rolleyes:

Unless were all wrong about the ulterior motives and there really trying to get more people interested in ground combat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • badvaiobadvaio Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    There is a saying, if it isn't broken, don't fix it. Cryptic seems to have fixed something not broken and taken the time to **** on the players as well.

Good work guys...
  • andargorandargor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The thing I don't understand, is why they don't give out dil in small portions like in the battlezone? Do a mini-mission, get 50-100 dil. Clear out the invading voth from the minefield, 250 dil... That way the time invested vs dil reward would be more reasonable.
  • ericsonxxericsonxx Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Too long? FFS, 10 minutes and I'd have the daily done! How is that too long?
    edited December 2013
    I like how this thread got merged to Feedback instead of staying in General Discussion. Wonder if anyone else will notice the mark/dil nerf.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    What the f***? This has NOTHING to do with Featured Episodes or Events! Mod fail. :rolleyes:
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    What the wrapper was used for was basically free dil. :( which was lame, and why it had to go.

And Dyson Marks... Because you know... Dil is not supposed to be given by just about everything we do... Because that would make it like a time based... ooooh waaaaaaaaiiiit...