test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dyson Space daily change

bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
So we do not need to complete a lengthy daily eh? Now we need to complete a random, sometimes bugged, specific mission instead of choosing what we did in the space zone and to top it off now our only reward is the commendation token instead of the additional 50 marks and 960 purple rock.

**This is from the new patch notes stating the daily wrappers in Dyson Space zones are being removed**

Thanks, guess their is yet another chuck of content I'll be ignoring after the rep grind is done. Like Nukara, New Romulus, etc etc. Back to good ole Borg bashing and Deferi dailies it is I guess.
Post edited by bareel on

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It's not a nerf. The wrapper was meaningless and the reward for it is now directly integrated into the missions.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You can complete a mission in like 2m now.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    ramaramaramarama Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Really? That's what it meant? No dailies in the Sphere? That...doesn't make any sense. They were good missions. Were people really complaining about the commendation that much?

Man...now I have little to no reason to run anything in the sphere...
  • Options
    sirboulevardsirboulevard Member Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Its not a nerf as has been pointed out. All you have to do is run ANY SINGLE MISSION IN THE SPHERE SPACE and youll get your commendation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TRIBBLE Hydra! Hail Janeway!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    What the wrapper was used for was basically free dil. :( which was lame, and why it had to go.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    ramaramaramarama Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Couldn't they have just decreased the amount of credit each task gave toward the mission's completion, thus, making the missions take longer?

We are talking about the daily missions for each of the sphere's zones, right?
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    What the wrapper was used for was basically free dil. :( which was lame, and why it had to go.

so any mission that gives dilithium is lame ?:rolleyes:
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    sirboulevardsirboulevard Member Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    usscapital wrote: »
    so any mission that gives dilithium is lame ?:rolleyes:

No giving away dil for practically nothing is lame from a game design perspective.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TRIBBLE Hydra! Hail Janeway!
  • Options
    bombassdmbbombassdmb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Do you play the same game I play?? You need dilithium for literally everything in this game...
    SRS Fleet Recruiter
    Please feel free to contact me in game (@BombAssDMB) for information on the
    SPECIAL RECONNAISSANCE SQUADRON or visit our website: http://www.srs-fleet.net/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Its not a nerf as has been pointed out. All you have to do is run ANY SINGLE MISSION IN THE SPHERE SPACE and youll get your commendation.

If you have a mission that awards Dilthium, Marks and a commendation, then that mission is taken away in favour of another that just rewards a commendation. How is that not a nerf?

Daily - 1+1+1 = 3

New way - 1+0+0 = 1

Conclusion: It's a nerf.
    No giving away dil for practically nothing is lame from a game design perspective.

Best get rid of Dilithium from all the stf's then. They can be done just as quick as the Dyson daily was :rolleyes:
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Bull****.

The entire premise of the Dyson Reputation System's design was to lighten the grind on players running it. That was one of it's selling points.

Contrary to what some here on these boards claim, grinding for dill (which is pretty much required in considerable amounts for 95% of TRIBBLE in this game) is a tedious affair. Little things like this were a help to players. Especially those with a lot on their plates, so to speak.

The amounts of dil awarded was generous when compared to past standards. But it was in no way excessive.

So, it boils to to the simple fact, when taking into account the above, that yes, it IS a nerf.

What the devs have done here, for all intents and purposes, is killed Sphere space for many folks. That's something you don't want to do with content that still has that "new car smell" (figuratively speaking).

Ultimately, the only ones who will benefit here are the people who play the Dil Exchange.
  • Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The daily wrapper missions have been removed as they are no longer needed to earn your commendation from participating in the adventure zone.

Congratulations Cryptic on yet again completely ignoring any and all feedback from Tribble, and making the space adventure zone utterly pointless to play. The time to get a single commendation from these wrappers was never a barrier.

I hear there are still rewards for playing the ground battlezone, how long until you rip those out?

Points for consistency though. You went right back to the "we're improving your rewards by reducing them" line. You used it with the ESTF stupidity. You used it with multiple rounds of Foundry stupidity. And now you're using it on the Dyson Sphere.
  • Options
    koltorockoltoroc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I would be upset, IF I could even get into the game. but since the emergency maintenance about 2 weeks ago, I always crash at the LoR load screen, so meh.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It is important to not that this project unlocks when you complete T5, but that does not make up for the nerf.

You also have to grind 5 times longer than before, just to match the 50 Marks that the devs are nerfing. Not to mention the Dilithium being taken away.

GG Cryptic, you made the entire space zone irrelevant for leveling the Dyson Reputation.... :rolleyes:
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Its not so much the nerf itself that bothers me, but the devs and branflakes dancing around it does.

The only remarks I've seen about it so far are just a repeat of 'but you can still get the commendation! its better!' All the while completely ignoring that the comments they were responding to are specifically talking about the marks and dilithium.

Its the treating us like we're stupid that gets me.
  • Options
    mrgrocer56mrgrocer56 Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    hravik wrote: »
    Its not so much the nerf itself that bothers me, but the devs and branflakes dancing around it does.

The only remarks I've seen about it so far are just a repeat of 'but you can still get the commendation! its better!' All the while completely ignoring that the comments they were responding to are specifically talking about the marks and dilithium.

Well said and directly to the point, in my opinion
  • Options
    cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I saw this coming, and the ground one is going to be next, so the hole new adventure zone is going deserted as New romulus, Defera and Nukara.

But we are going to have a free ship in the anniversary event! YEA!! FREE SHIP!!!!111one11!!!!

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    collegepark2151collegepark2151 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Eh, that's pretty much par for the course. Note the many anti-Arc threads and the cherry-picked responses by the devs.

I'm not getting on Bran for doing it. He gets handed a steaming load of bantha fodder to deliver to the players, so what else is he going to do? He's still got to eat. Can't tick off his PWE overlords.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Porthos is not amused.
  • Options
    askatusaskatus Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I never used to do the Wrapper mission to get commendations, only dil and marks, and once I found out you could fill the mission by just blowing up Voth ships I didn't even run the mini missions. Guess there's no reason to do any of those now.
    You shoot me down
    But I respawn
    I am duranium!
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,247 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I only did it for the commendation anyways so it doesn't really affect me bur I guess they should have kept it as an option and added commendations to the area missions.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    My biggest gripe is that we're losing the timer. Before it was easy to find out if the 20 hours have passed by trying to accept the daily wrapper.

Now we have to guess or keep track with pen and paper as to when the 20 hour cooldown expires. Same brain-dead mechanic and drawback that they had with the CE-event.
  • Options
    galadimangaladiman Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited December 2013

I agree with this, with the caveat that I also think the nerf bothers me as well...

As a relatively casual player, I would have enjoyed taking advantage of what seemed a more rewarding time/Dil/Marks investment return, but now that has been removed. (I may have actually done this mission, and gotten the rewards, without realizing that it was a superior time value? I often just play and enjoy what I get, and realize later the value.)

Sorry, Cryptic, this is a case where you guys have hurt the playerbase.
    Please reconsider ARC. Please make it optional, at the least. PLEASE.
    It seems the vast majority of your most active players (forum regulars) hate the idea... and while that's a small subset of the playerbase, I think it's an important constituency.
    THE PLAYERS DO NOT WANT THIS.
  • Options
    alfamegaalfamega Member Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    well, dyson space battlezone will be dead. :mad:
    no point even to visit the map.
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,247 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I like how everyone's all like ohj even though its easier to get commendations in space in gonna ignore that and continue ranting.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    westx211 wrote: »
    I like how everyone's all like ohj even though its easier to get commendations in space in gonna ignore that and continue ranting.

Like that useless commendation is worth much after you are through with the Rep.
    You missed the point.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    precharprechar Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Eh, that's pretty much par for the course. Note the many anti-Arc threads and the cherry-picked responses by the devs.

I'm not getting on Bran for doing it. He gets handed a steaming load of bantha fodder to deliver to the players, so what else is he going to do? He's still got to eat. Can't tick off his PWE overlords.

The Devs cherry pick everything Just look at the Pick a Dev blog you would like to see. Multiple calls for Bluegeeks Q and A idea also calls for a PvP blog and what are we gonna Get *How we make a ship* I called it in the original Post when I said no way a tough topic would be picked the Only reason it was put up in the first place was to make it look like they Care about what we want to see they are like politicians NEVER get a straight answer Just like we will get no answer to this!
    It's your world Boss I'm just a squirrel trying to get a nut!
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I dont really like this update. It seems you can get the commendation faster, but it did not need to be any faster (so that does not even feel like an improvement), and we have lost marks, dilithium and there is less reason to do the smaller found missions.

even if you did one daily for the commendation you could still go over and do the other daily for more marks and dilithium. Now there is no point so that no longer is very helpful and thus less time spent in the zone.

if they are going to do this then they could have at increased the marks for each area from 10 to say 20. increased the found missions from 3 to say 6 and added a small amount of dilithium to the area missions. if they wanted people to spend more time in the zone then they could have changed it so that you can pull as much dilithium/marks as you want from the zone as you like but you have to work for it with your time.

im not really that bothered by the dilithium nerf as there are plenty of ways to earn it, but i cant imagine this is going to do anything to improve the space zones and people will stop playing it as much.
  • Options
    paspinallpaspinall Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    cause having to do a whole 2 missions (most i ever did was 3 and that was unusual) was SO much harder... well worth it or the extra dilithium and normal marks that went along with it, and THAT is what we are complaining about losing.
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    xiaoping88 wrote: »
    Like that useless commendation is worth much after you are through with the Rep.
    You missed the point.

as pointed out earlier, the commendation can be traded in for marks and a decent chunk of dilithium at tier 5 now which is at least one bright spot. so its not a disaster once you actually get to tier 5.

edit - was mistaken, the project has always been there and not being added today as I originally thought.