What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

And the excuses keep rolling in......

Comments

• porchsongporchsong Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    brandonfl wrote: »

Yet the vast majority of PvPers went through the exact same experience when they first decided to queue up. I'm sure that practically nobody has ever gone into the queues and not gotten stomped. Some continue on and some don't. It's about attitude. If you are willing to admit that you have a lot to learn, well, you give yourself a goal and go after it. If it can't possibly be your fault, that other guy is haxing/cheating/explointing. Then you probably don't have the right attitude to become a good PvPer anyway.

We've all been through the learning curve. True, it's steeper now than ever before, but it doesn't change the fact that it exists and will always exist. No matter how you may or may not change the queues, noobs will still get owned. Some will view it as a learning experience (the first step on the road to success) and others will just quit. Nothing is going to change that.

In the early days, when I would face a premade, I changed my goals if victory was impossible, I would try to be the most annoying person on my team. If I became insta-focused everytime I entered the battle, it was a victory for me. Attitude, it's all about attitude.

Well, I would like to say that my experience (and those that came in with me to PvP) has been very positive so far. We were immediately embraced by a group of top PvP'rs who have spent a lot of time showing us the lay of the land. The ONLY negatives we have experienced are the level of qq'ing and rage warps. It's like if they can't get an easy win or if you challenge them in any way, they simply eject. They want to sit in their comfort box and anything that threatens it--well, that must be a hax or must be nerfed. So there is a level of resistance to change that I have noticed.

But there are some very class acts in the community as well. It's just you only see and hear the complainers as in all aspects of life--the squeaky wheel gets the oil.
  • brandonflbrandonfl Member Posts: 892
    edited December 2013
    porchsong wrote: »
    Well, I would like to say that my experience (and those that came in with me to PvP) has been very positive so far. We were immediately embraced by a group of top PvP'rs who have spent a lot of time showing the lay of the land. The ONLY negatives we have experienced are the level of qq'ing and rage warps. It's like if they can't get an easy win or if you challenge them in any way, they simply eject. They want to sit in their comfort box and anything that threatens it--well, that must be a hax or must be nerfed. So there is a level of resistance to change that I have noticed.

But there are some very class acts in the community as well. It's just you only see and hear the complainers as in all aspects of life--the squeaky wheel gets the oil.

You might want to fix that. Last time I check Jellico wasn't me :) edit: Okay, apparently the quote button is supper bosted.
    LOLSTO
  • naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You might want to fix that. Last time I check Jellico wasn't me :) edit: Okay, apparently the quote button is supper bosted.

Must have been triple tapped...
  • porchsongporchsong Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    edited December 2013
    naz4 wrote: »
    Must have been triple tapped...

Nah, I'm guessing it was the T4 Dyson Rep exploit. Good thing that's fixed now :P
    LOLSTO
  • bpharmabpharma Member Posts: 2,022
    edited December 2013
    Or maybe it's FAWked

It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
    A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
    This is the last thing I will post.
    edited December 2013
    bpharma wrote: »
    Or maybe it's FAWked

Okay, okay, you win the Interwebz :)

Good one. LoL
    LOLSTO
  • naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Nah, I Torp, Iso charge, Tet cascade exploited it out of place...
    edited December 2013
    A pro can easily take all that to B

• webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I will admit, I am kind of curious as to if anyone, before the patch fix that is, created a team that would have the normal Aux 2 Bat FAW Dem build + Tier 4 Dyson Rep and then would simply fly in a circle while keeping Faw active at all times.. Heading towards the enemy spawn so that anyone who got with in 10 would suddenly get hit with 5 Faw beams of doom..

All while Extending each other in a chain extends, heals, etc..

a pinwheel or Chainsaw of doom perhaps?

Then you could get multiple Excuses for losing!

"Your team is hacking with FAW!"
    "Your Team is hacking with Dem!"
    "Your team is hacking with Aux to bat!"
    "Your team is hacking with Dyson 4 rep!"
    "Your team is cheating with Voice Coms!"
    And the list could go on and on.. :D
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xalexkxxalexkx Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have heard a lot of those but the most hilarious one i heard was
    "lol plasmonic leech noob, remove it"
    To boldly go where no FAWer has ever FAWed before.
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ah, remembered another one I recently had.

I had just gotten my Avenger, and someone in OPvP (I think) had just bought a Temporal Destroyer and was itching to try it out.

I wanted to give my Avenger a quick run, so I accepted. Got into the match, I was using cloak at the time for funsies, and the fight began. I nearly took him out with a really good opening strike, and managed to keep him weak enough to eventually take him out the first time.

It went back and forth for awhile (going to 5 kills) until it was 4-4.

Eventually I managed to finally take him down by going all out with everything I had, and killed him.

He wasted no time pretty much immediately telling me the following:

"You only won because you were playing an engineer!"

Aside from how silly it was, made me feel good to be an engineering captain that day. :D
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
    edited December 2013
    mimey2 wrote: »
    Ah, remembered another one I recently had.

I had just gotten my Avenger, and someone in OPvP (I think) had just bought a Temporal Destroyer and was itching to try it out.

I wanted to give my Avenger a quick run, so I accepted. Got into the match, I was using cloak at the time for funsies, and the fight began. I nearly took him out with a really good opening strike, and managed to keep him weak enough to eventually take him out the first time.

It went back and forth for awhile (going to 5 kills) until it was 4-4.

Eventually I managed to finally take him down by going all out with everything I had, and killed him.

He wasted no time pretty much immediately telling me the following:

Aside from how silly it was, made me feel good to be an engineering captain that day. :D

I guess he's saying that because he couldn't kill you easily... and apparently forgot how much harder being an eng made it for you to kill him 5 times, too.

Must.... protect.... deluded self-image... ego... bruising.... must blame someone or... something else...
    LOLSTO
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Shhhhhhh! ;)

There's a reason that my two mains before LoR were Plague 'n Prophet, both Engineers.
    edited December 2013
    I guess he's saying that because he couldn't kill you easily... and apparently forgot how much harder being an eng made it for you to kill him 5 times, too.

Must.... protect.... deluded self-image... ego... bruising.... must blame someone or... something else...

Pretty much. :p

He was of course on a tac. My main strategy was to simply time my RSF or RSP (whichever I had ready at the time) with his APA. It usually let me soak it pretty well. I found I was most of the time able to afford flying around at a lower hull, not to mock him, because I had enough resiliency that i could hold off on heals until I actually needed them more when he would buff up.

My biggest ally was my BO 1 and a Tractor Beam 1 I had.

Fighting that guy did cement my love of the Avenger though. Only reason I ain't been using it recently is because of trying to beat NWS. Once that happens, it'd back to the Avenger for me.
    Shhhhhhh! ;)

There's a reason that my two mains before LoR were Plague 'n Prophet, both Engineers.

Hehehe, good man there, VD.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
  • pokersmith1pokersmith1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    My only excuse is a 'gg'. And recently, 'gg, but get rid of doffed scrambles' when necessary no matter win or lose.

Usually I don't pay attention to chat... unless it's blue text of team chat. I sort of develop a tunnel vision when fighting and I am too focused on my enemies to really care about chat. Sometimes not having this multitasking ability makes me feel special. Not Neo special, rather Forrest Gump special. But, whatever, if I don't have to deal with drama, all the better.
    Elite Defense Starfleet
    Elite Defense Stovokor
  • timezargtimezarg Member Posts: 1,268
    edited December 2013
    atlantra wrote: »
    Funny excuses are good. Here are some from me (a.k.a. Queen Scora)

"You only won because my face was itching."

"My hand slipped."

"Had to press the RSP icon 5 times, still didn't work. Lucky you."

"It's cold in here that's why you won >_>"

"I was hungry and couldn't focus. That's why you won. That's all it was."

"My wife took the Keyboard..."

"I was typing." (really tho I be typing LOL)

Yes, I really say lines like that. This is why I love Ker'rat so much. The chat in that zone great. I wish it was a way to view kerrat chat while in other zones.

The typing excuse is awesome. I love baiting people into responding to me, and then ambushing them when I think they're typing. It's a legit tactic, I tell you!
    tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
  • timezargtimezarg Member Posts: 1,268
    edited December 2013
    I think I would honestly be a better PvPer if my system didn't start lagging whenever there's a lot of stuff to render. Having laggy game performance screws up my BoP attack runs and makes it harder to defensively pilot in a way that allows me to avoid getting alpha'd. I can't see where people are accurately because it's all a bit delayed, etc. I still manage to get kills, though it's bloody difficult to pull it off by myself nowadays. It's why I'm looking forward to this flanking bonus thing, might be just what I need to tip the scales from 'almost killing my targets' to 'killing my targets'.
    tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
    edited December 2013
    Had a good one yesterday:

So, needed to run the PvP race to get some epohh tags. Got up there, joined the race, and waited.

Race started, took off, managed to get ahead of the pack pretty well.

All of a sudden I see a guy jump the track, cutting ahead. I dunno if this guy was disqualified or not, but he was ahead of me.

But he also wasn't very good at the race, and I not only caught up, but passed him and still got first place.

He wasted no time immediately PMing me, whining that I had 'obviously cheated' since there was 'no way you (I) could have won' despite his own attempt at cheating. Again, dunno if he got DQ'd or not, but it was amusing. He also apparently 'reported' me for my 'cheating'.

Heh, so if I get banned (if the guy even really did report me), we all know why, eh? :D
    edited December 2013
    In the end, I think the sadder thing is the number of things folks let slide - not wanting to be ridiculed, not wanting to be bothered, or knowing that with the various things that are broken in the game...their ship's not quite kosher itself. People that fly glass ships shouldn't throw stones and all that...
  • spherbspherb Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited December 2013

So, needed to run the PvP race to get some epohh tags. Got up there, joined the race, and waited.

All of a sudden I see a guy jump the track, cutting ahead. I dunno if this guy was disqualified or not, but he was ahead of me.

But he also wasn't very good at the race, and I not only caught up, but passed him and still got first place.

He wasted no time immediately PMing me, whining that I had 'obviously cheated' since there was 'no way you (I) could have won' despite his own attempt at cheating. Again, dunno if he got DQ'd or not, but it was amusing. He also apparently 'reported' me for my 'cheating'.

Heh, so if I get banned (if the guy even really did report me), we all know why, eh? :D

Ohhh this reminds me of an old favorite REPORTED :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013

Mimey, you should not cheat dude. It's not cool.
    Elite Defense Starfleet
    Elite Defense Stovokor
    edited December 2013
    Mimey, you should not cheat dude. It's not cool.

I think you misunderstand, Poker. That or I am not catching your sarcasm if you are.

HE cut a corner in the race and got in friend of me. I still managed to catch up and beat him in the race, then HE whined at me, and accused me of cheating. I ran a clean, legitimate race.
    edited December 2013
    I think you misunderstand, Poker. That or I am not catching your sarcasm if you are.

HE cut a corner in the race and got in friend of me. I still managed to catch up and beat him in the race, then HE whined at me, and accused me of cheating. I ran a clean, legitimate race.

Yep. I definitely do not have a career as a comedian :P
    Elite Defense Starfleet
    Elite Defense Stovokor
  • odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    naz4 wrote: »
    I've actually started keeping a black book of excuses why the opposition looses, and yesterday was just hilarious. Was in a pug match and started beating the premade my team went up against.

"Double tap noob"
    "FAW exploiter"
    "macro haxor"

Last night I got this excuse for the opponents loosing:

"They're exploiting the T4 Voth passive to kill us so quick."

Next, will it be, they are exploiting by stacking rapid fire, beam overload and alpha.

What's the excuses you've seen for people loosing?

Supper Bosted Triple Tap EXPLOT for the win.....

They were distracted watching the movie Footlose.
    edited December 2013
    odyssey47 wrote: »
    They were distracted watching the movie Footlose.

Depends on if it was the original or the remake...eh?
    edited December 2013
    "The server crashed..."

:P
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    "The server crashed..."

:P
    well, that would be a valid excuse if the server actually does...like it did several minutes ago
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    edited December 2013

I must've obviously used an 'overpowered' BoP, since I was playing on my Klingon at the time.
    edited December 2013

Hmmm if I laugh it means the statement is false but then it doesn't become funny so I can't laugh which makes the statement true again. This then makes it funny so....damn paradox.

gg