Comments

• dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    thissler wrote: »

ah an old favorite, due to all the screen time my unsinkable falaxy got lol
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    jaegernl wrote: »
    My favorite is when people attribute their loss to people to using fireworks.
    webdeath wrote: »
    Yeah my favorite was also along those lines.. but more of a:

"I only lost because Fireworks lags my game!" :D

It does generate localized increased latency...as well as being a means of attempting to detect cloaked ships that are within range of the visual FX...

Were those intended uses of fireworks? If not, then how is it not an exploit?
    mimey2 wrote: »
    @Virusdancer: You are right in that if someone knows about the tier 4 Voth thing, and is using it with the exploitation in mind, they should be called out. Like if I did abuse A2B and EMP Burst, I should've been called out, but I was even though I wasn't using it.

Point is that is an exploit an exploit if a person/team keeps an item within the designs set by Cryptic even if the person knows how to exploit it?

As in, what if only one person was using it, and it never stacked like it can now? Is that person/team exploiting? It's only stacking once, so it's working within what Cryptic wants it to do.

It's easy with the T4 Dyson to look at it. If you've got a single person using it, where they're not using any pets, no targetable projectiles, etc, etc, etc - they can't stack. It would just be the single debuff. That's working exactly like Cryptic intended...so that wouldn't be an exploit, eh?

Like I said, some of the complaints are definitely /facepalm funny - where the person complaining doesn't understand how something should work themselves, so they complain about it. Somebody using the T4 Dyson in the manner detailed above, is not exploiting it - it's being used as intended. Somebody complaining about it at that point...well, they're just being /facepalm funny. Get a group of 5x Sci in Carrier-type ships (1-2 hangars) that are also cycling Photonics and Nimbus...well, yeah...different story.
  • smatty1smatty1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    "Not fair! F* aceton assimilators everywhere!"

:P
    edited December 2013
    smatty1 wrote: »
    "Not fair! F* aceton assimilators everywhere!"

:P

Heh, I was going to pick up AA for Willard...but I want the Mogh.
  • atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It does generate localized increased latency...as well as being a means of attempting to detect cloaked ships that are within range of the visual FX...

Were those intended uses of fireworks? If not, then how is it not an exploit?

Thank you. I'm sure players were not just making that up. There's always a reason, and people pretend that reason isn't there. No need to spam anything non combat in a fight anyway. Just fight and stop using tricks.
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    atlantra wrote: »
    Thank you. I'm sure players were not just making that up. There's always a reason, and people pretend that reason isn't there. No need to spam anything non combat in a fight anyway. Just fight and stop using tricks.

But again, if somebody's just spamming fireworks after popping somebody - they're not trying to generate lag, and unless they suspect there's another cloaked target there - they're not trying to use it for that. So if somebody's complaining about somebody using fireworks in one manner when it's just another, well...it's not a legit complaint. Sure, there's various things you might want to call them for rubbing it in like that - but it's not exploiting.
  • bpharmabpharma Member Posts: 2,022
    edited December 2013
    Actually I put the fireworks emote into my key bind slots to prevent random boff abilities and consumables appearing there...works nicely but it's helluva annoying spamming it like you're on a TRIBBLE rights parade.

It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
    A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
    This is the last thing I will post.
  • illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2013
    My main 'excuse' is "Oh, it's these guys. 3 Wells class, 2 mobius class, all synching temporal inversion field. Might as well just quit."
  • twamtwam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    illcadia wrote: »
    My main 'excuse' is "Oh, it's these guys. 3 Wells class, 2 mobius class, all synching temporal inversion field. Might as well just quit."

Well, to be honest, if I run into a team like that twice in a row in the queues, I will finish the matches but give up on the queues afterwards. Maybe try again later, but more likely just go play a different game instead. Teams that do that tend to use all kinds of other annoying stuff too, and it just makes me sigh disappointed sighs, without me having fun in the process.

I won't cry about it in zone chat or anything and I will try to pop a few, but it's just generally bad for my appetite for PvP.
  • nagrom7nagrom7 Member Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I got a pm in Ker'rat complaining that I was using some sort of DEM exploit and my beams were going through his shields way too much.

I was in a sci torpedo boat with not a single energy weapon equipped.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harden up Princess
    Looking for an Oceanic fleet? Check out our website:
    www.ausmonauts.com
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    nagrom7 wrote: »
    I got a pm in Ker'rat complaining that I was using some sort of DEM exploit and my beams were going through his shields way too much.

gentlemen, we have a winner; this definitely qualifies for the best mention of the lamest excuse in the world...and it really goes to show just how stupid some people are
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • schnirselschnirsel Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    May I whine when ppl prevent me from killing someone by dropping the black ball of doom on me from the Elachi lockbox? Pleeease?
    6pvmjHk.gif
  • timezargtimezarg Member Posts: 1,268
    edited December 2013
    I have the perfect excuse for getting blown to bits: "I'm flying a BoP."
    tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    timezarg wrote: »
    I have the perfect excuse for getting blown to bits: "I'm flying a BoP."

hahahahahahahahahahaha

outside of roms the bop is the hardest ship to pin down and kill (assuming smart captain)

that is so priceless XD
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
    edited December 2013

That...heh, ahem, well, er...lol, that's brilliant!
  • scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Could be a case of mistaken identity, if he actually mentioned beams - but then again, maybe not.
  • confedinblueconfedinblue Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The ONLY time I ever won a PvP was when I was in a Cap and Hold and the other side thought it was a good idea to sit on our spawn point to take us out there. All I had to do was slip away unnoticed and sit on the capture points. And when all you have is a whimpy sci ship, slipping away becomes an art.

I have NEVER made an excuse for losing--and I've lost a lot. I figure, "Someday, I'll get one of those spiffy powerball ships and nerf people like I'm getting nerfed." No matter the reasons for losing, I just work on figuring out what I've done wrong and fix it.

But probably the most fun I had in a PvP was in Ker'rat--one Klingon in a Jem'Hadar bug and me. He got me everytime, but I certainly gave him a run for his money--I was able to throw everything I had at him. Almost had him a couple of times. Not sure if his ship was just a little beefier, or if I just simply didn't keep him in my sites long enough. He did have some kind of thing that made him jump around a bit and make me lose targeting on him--sooner or later, I'll figure out how to beat that.

These whiners are cheese. They don't belong in PvP. There's always someone better, someone who can come along and smear you. Instead of whining--figure out what you're doing wrong and find a way to beat them next time.

I don't really like losing 15-0, but hey, even if we're losing bad I'm going to fight for even that one point--perhaps I'll learn something and the next time I won't lose so bad.

It is just a game, after all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It's part of the game: you HAVE to lose to improve your own gameplay.

... but the excuses mentioned here are still funny :D

May times i read on chat "f*** you and your premade breaking the q's" "f*** you pizza mandolino" etc... after good match against premades and pugs :D

I personally tend to take the defeat with critical spirit, saying gg and trying to talk with my fleetmates after the match on "what went wrong?" instead of raging in zone chat :)
  • atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Funny excuses are good. Here are some from me (a.k.a. Queen Scora)

"You only won because my face was itching."

"My hand slipped."

"Had to press the RSP icon 5 times, still didn't work. Lucky you."

"It's cold in here that's why you won >_>"

"I was hungry and couldn't focus. That's why you won. That's all it was."

"My wife took the Keyboard..."

"I was typing." (really tho I be typing LOL)

Yes, I really say lines like that. This is why I love Ker'rat so much. The chat in that zone great. I wish it was a way to view kerrat chat while in other zones.
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • porchsongporchsong Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    See... the problem here is that... my little brother, this morning, got his arm caught in the microwave, and uh... my grandmother dropped acid and she freaked out, and hijacked a school bus full of... penguins, so it's kind of a family crisis... so come back later? Great.

But, in my limited time pvp'ng, I have seen quite a few. You see, first we are "PvEHeroes", so of course I see that often. Then, we get the cursory "you have no skills" after we stomp them 15-0 excuses. blah, blah, blah. Or the A2b/faw/dem/[insert ability] excuse, when faw is/was broken, we use zemock, and [insert ability] we are simply good at.

Oh yeah, the "we would have beaten you if you didn't have two pandas on your team (this of course after calling us out in queues, forming a private match, getting your best players to specifically counter us, then losing 15-1---oh and of course, QQ'ng like children in chat after the loss. That one was classic.

But what do I know?

Porch
  • hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    atlantra wrote: »
    "Had to press the RSP icon 5 times, still didn't work. Lucky you."

Whiney sore loser excuses aside, this UI lag is a valid complaint, and there's no reason why anyone should have to hammer an icon multiple times to activate an ability.
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • brandonflbrandonfl Member Posts: 892
    edited December 2013
    hanover2 wrote: »
    Whiney sore loser excuses aside, this UI lag is a valid complaint, and there's no reason why anyone should have to hammer an icon multiple times to activate an ability.

Me and Hanover agreeing? Who would have thought it :)

Yeah, this is a HUGE problem in the game right now. The UI lag has just gotten ridiculous, especially in PvP where there are many, many more swing/hit/miss communications between client and server.
    LOLSTO
  • bpharmabpharma Member Posts: 2,022
    edited December 2013
    brandonfl wrote: »
    Me and Hanover agreeing? Who would have thought it :)

Yeah, this is a HUGE problem in the game right now. The UI lag has just gotten ridiculous, especially in PvP where there are many, many more swing/hit/miss communications between client and server.

Shock horror, I also agree. It's ridiculous that you press an ability and it doesn't activate, press again and it stubbornly refuses and after maybe the third or forth time it thinks, meh I'll go into some stupid cool down because you tried to press me too many times.

I mean, I don't know what you're talking about, I key bind everything to space bar and mash my face on it till I go unconscious or finish my PvE.

It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
    A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
    This is the last thing I will post.
  • saxfiresaxfire Member Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    My most common complaint is exploiting the targetting system, by going on top of the map, sadly I only announce that in teamspeak but not in the actual game. I'd have ton of awesome insults I have got in near and far "future"

1. Namely from few friends: "you are hacking or using exploit, I'm ignoring you, you (insert some curse words here)" "It's impossiple that you defeated me(and natural accuse of hacks and exploits)" and yes if you notice these as yours, I'm not angry, we solved it alrdy.

2. I get accused of spawn camping when I get gravity welled into their spawn(whilst I'm spawncamping them)

3. cloaking exploit or being a cloaker or scimitar(enemy)

4. damage exploit(enemy)

5. not helping(teammate)

6. not calling targets(teammate)

7. stop spawn camping them(happened with enemies and teammates :D, and afterwards they have beamed out)

8. I don't play with these guys (insert curse words here) *beamed out*(TEAMMATE!)

9. this was actually kinda hilarous but the person's engines randomly stopped working, no crowd control was involved, he accused me of hacks.

10. somebody didnt think his drains were draining me to dry, accused me of exploits.

11. people calling me lucky when i intentionally bait them to attack me so i can kill them and their whole team with GDF.

12. one shotting 3 players in enemy team with isometric charge, must be exploit.

13. one shotting 3 players with plasma torpedo triple tap salvo is exploit.

14. using spam is exploit.

15. nobody wants to fight my cheese.

16. somebody particular doesnt fight anybody who has leech.

17. my dual beam banks are dealing too much damage

18. how did I kill him so easily?

19. why dont i die?

and the list goes on.

I dont have ability activation issues because I dont bind everything in spacebar and smash it whilst trying to activate other stuff. whelp!
    Say the word, it saves the world.
    CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
    Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
    edited December 2013
    saxfire wrote: »
    ~snip~
    I dont have ability activation issues because I dont bind everything in spacebar and smash it whilst trying to activate other stuff. whelp!

Sax, I only have 2 powers on keybinds, and they are 2 copies of EPtS. That's it. I still get massive UI lag that gets worse as more spam fills the screen. Also lately, spam is causing a stutter-step reaction (new since S8). The sound starts glitching, then it's like watching a slideshow until I can get my camera off of it. It's the worst during the initial engagement when everyone throws out everything they have.
    LOLSTO
  • saxfiresaxfire Member Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    brandonfl wrote: »
    The sound starts glitching, then it's like watching a slideshow until I can get my camera off of it. It's the worst during the initial engagement when everyone throws out everything they have.

Doesn't sound like the game's problem imo, I'd say it's your computer, I had the same problem before when I had my 1 Gig memory garbage I recycled for free, it got totally removed with new PC in addition to other cooldown glitches etc.

Edit: I'm not saying you have bad computer, I'm just saying that it might be incompatible in the settings somehow, no matter how good computer you have, there's slight chance of errors in different settings the computer handles stuff, for example my max settings perform better than the recommended settings in terms of speed.
    Say the word, it saves the world.
    CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
    Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited December 2013
    naz4 wrote: »
    I've actually started keeping a black book of excuses why the opposition looses, and yesterday was just hilarious. Was in a pug match and started beating the premade my team went up against.

"Double tap noob"
    "FAW exploiter"
    "macro haxor"

Last night I got this excuse for the opponents loosing:

"They're exploiting the T4 Voth passive to kill us so quick."

Next, will it be, they are exploiting by stacking rapid fire, beam overload and alpha.

What's the excuses you've seen for people loosing?

When your opponants are seriously outclassed by your skilll equipment and DOFF's

and the game allows 5 players of your class to encounter 5 Noob/pug players

this is a natural reaction from them because they have no idea why they are so outclassed They dont realize they need a a pvp ship350 million EC worth of duty officers 250 million ec worth of elite weapons and points on there ears to be competitive

The game allows ultra elite players like yourself to squash new players just begining to enter into the PvP scene

They are prey your the hunter ..They are mearly targets to destroy and the faster you destroy them the faster they dont return for more

Thats is the biggest problem with STO PvP and why it has never been as popular as it could be

If it is not Fun They wont play

First rule of being a game master
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
    edited December 2013
    saxfire wrote: »
    Doesn't sound like the game's problem imo, I'd say it's your computer, I had the same problem before when I had my 1 Gig memory garbage I recycled for free, it got totally removed with new PC in addition to other cooldown glitches etc.

People with far better PC's than me are having this problem too, and as I said before, it started the day I patched S8. It didn't do it the day before, or the week before, or ever before. Brand new problem.
    LOLSTO
    edited December 2013
    jellico1 wrote: »
    I've actually started keeping a black book of excuses why the opposition looses, and yesterday was just hilarious. Was in a pug match and started beating the premade my team went up against.

"Double tap noob"
    "FAW exploiter"
    "macro haxor"

Next, will it be, they are exploiting by stacking rapid fire, beam overload and alpha.

When your opponants are seriously outclassed by your skilll equipment and DOFF's

this is a natural reaction from them because they have no idea why they are so outclassed They dont realize they need a a pvp ship350 million EC worth of duty officers 250 million ec worth of elite weapons and points on there ears to be competitive

The game allows ultra elite players like yourself to squash new players just begining to enter into the PvP scene

They are prey your the hunter ..They are mearly targets to destroy and the faster you destroy them the faster they dont return for more

Thats is the biggest problem with STO PvP and why it has never been as popular as it could be

Yet the vast majority of PvPers went through the exact same experience when they first decided to queue up. I'm sure that practically nobody has ever gone into the queues and not gotten stomped. Some continue on and some don't. It's about attitude. If you are willing to admit that you have a lot to learn, well, you give yourself a goal and go after it. If it can't possibly be your fault, that other guy is haxing/cheating/explointing. Then you probably don't have the right attitude to become a good PvPer anyway.

We've all been through the learning curve. True, it's steeper now than ever before, but it doesn't change the fact that it exists and will always exist. No matter how you may or may not change the queues, noobs will still get owned. Some will view it as a learning experience (the first step on the road to success) and others will just quit. Nothing is going to change that.

In the early days, when I would face a premade, I changed my goals if victory was impossible, I would try to be the most annoying person on my team. If I became insta-focused everytime I entered the battle, it was a victory for me. Attitude, it's all about attitude.
    LOLSTO
  • naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    jellico1 wrote: »

"Double tap noob"
    "FAW exploiter"
    "macro haxor"

Tho opposition was a PvP fleet against me and a pug group....