test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

more skimpy clothes?

Comments

• ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    hanover2 wrote: »
    Again, no excuse is required, because nobody answers to you, and this is also not "Ashkrik23's Victorian Fashion Parade Online."

What you like and what I like are of equal value in this context, and both are trumped by Trek canon and the agreements between CBS, the developers and the publisher.

Not sure where you're getting this "Victorian Fashion Parade":rolleyes:.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • mewniemewnie Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    A thought about slapping & a newspaper roll came into my mind, when reading this topic... No idea why. :D:D:D

I get more of a sex offender registry vibe.
  • kyuzos7kyuzos7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    only thing more skimpy for a female orion is to be butt naked...

unless you want to provide the orion outfit to all female characters... :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    kyuzos7 wrote: »
    unless you want to provide the orion outfit to all female characters... :o

Plus infinity for that one. I would pay 500 Zen for one character-bound string bikini unlock. Heck, I might even sully myself by opening lockboxes if I knew that was one of the possible prizes.

;)
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
    edited December 2013
    mewnie wrote: »

At least approaching pervertness it is.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • peter1z9peter1z9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
  • wildmousexwildmousex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
  • cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Again, just a bad excuse.

Canon is not a excuse..

And btw, why you even care? I am all for YES in to anything added to the game.. even if I dont like it, beacose is easy: dont buy it.

Sorry for bad english

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
    edited December 2013

Canon is not a excuse..

And btw, why you even care? I am all for YES in to anything added to the game.. even if I dont like it, beacose is easy: dont buy it.

Sorry for bad english

Because I don't care to see people in very provocative clothing performing questionable acts all over the entire game.

There is nothing canon about revealing outfits either. Revealing outfits are part of a society today in general, that doesn't mean just because it's shown in the show that it needs to be in here.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    There is nothing canon about revealing outfits either. Revealing outfits are part of a society today in general, that doesn't mean just because it's shown in the show that it needs to be in here.
    It doesn't make any sense to essentially remove an aspect of the part of the fictional universe that indeed not only makes perfect sense to exist there, but would make no sense if it were lacking.

People do wear more revealing clothing today, and logically, they would in the future as well.
    edited December 2013
    orangeitis wrote: »
    It doesn't make any sense to essentially remove an aspect of the part of the fictional universe that indeed not only makes perfect sense to exist there, but would make no sense if it were lacking.

People do wear more revealing clothing today, and logically, they would in the future as well.

To you, it may not make sense if it's not there.
    edited December 2013
    Because I don't care to see people in very provocative clothing performing questionable acts all over the entire game.

Nobody needs an "excuse" to disagree with you, skippy.
    There is nothing canon about revealing outfits either.

Factually incorrect. Nothing more to say to that.
    Revealing outfits are part of a society today in general, that doesn't mean just because it's shown in the show that it needs to be in here.

And the fact that you don't like them doesn't mean they don't need to be in there.
    edited December 2013
    Nobody needs an "excuse" to disagree with you, skippy.

You sure about that? The canon talk is such a get-out-of-jail card thing.:cool:
    edited December 2013
    You sure about that? The canon talk is such a get-out-of-jail card thing.:cool:

What you're doing there is transparently, dishonestly interchanging the definitions of "excuse" and "reasoned opinion," because there is no rational way for you to argue that nobody else should have something that you personally dislike.
    edited December 2013
    What you're doing there is transparently, dishonestly interchanging the definitions of "excuse" and "reasoned opinion," because there is no rational way for you to argue that nobody else should have something that you personally dislike.

There is a perfectly rational way to argue that something like this shouldn't be in game. It's more than just me disliking it.
    :cool:
  • sle1989sle1989 Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I've said before in this thread that I'd rather see Enterprise MACO, Andorian Imperial Guard, and 22nd Century Vulcan uniforms.

That said, sex sells. So if more skimpy clothing is added to the game, it will sell. This means more money will be made. Which means they'll have more money to spend on other, cooler stuff.

If they add some more skimpy clothing charge 50% more than usual for it.
    y1arXbh.png

• centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Indeed ashkrik23. What you are arguing is simply a matter of taste. If you have a reasonable argument to not include skimpy outfits, you have yet to use it. :cool:
    edited December 2013
    Indeed ashkrik23. What you are arguing is simply a matter of taste. If you have a reasonable argument to not include skimpy outfits, you have yet to use it. :cool:

A simple reason is morals and values. Other reasons would send us into a conversation that would violate forum guidelines, so I won't go there.
  • sirboulevardsirboulevard Member Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Im going to go out on a limb and say, let's compromise:

Yes, skimpy clothes on women is canon. Its controversial but its canon. We also have alot of it already for women in game so I don't think we need anymore.

However, there are straight women and TRIBBLE men who play this game who may not appreciate that straight men and lesbians can have fanservice for their female characters and boffs and not for their males.

And before someone makes the argument against that, Gene Roddenberry insisted that males wear the female skant uniform in Season 1 of TNG because gender norms were no longer relevent in the 24th Century and men and women could wear whatever they felt like as long as it was within the dress code required for their jobs.

You want more skimpy clothes for women? Even it out first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TRIBBLE Hydra! Hail Janeway!
    edited December 2013
    There is a perfectly rational way to argue that something like this shouldn't be in game. It's more than just me disliking it.
    :cool:

Let's hear your "perfectly rational way" without your "everyone who disagrees with me is making excuses" schtick, then.

If it involves personal opinions or unsupported anecdotes, it's an automatic "FAIL," though. Those are irrational arguments.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ferengi women are not canon in this game. They are suppose to be butt-naked. :mad:
    edited December 2013
    Let's hear your "perfectly rational way" without your "everyone who disagrees with me is making excuses" schtick, then.

If it involves personal opinions or unsupported anecdotes, it's an automatic "FAIL," though. Those are irrational arguments.

If you had read above, you would see it's more than a simple opinion of disliking it.
    edited December 2013
    A simple reason is morals and values.

Both of which are wholly subjective and IRRATIONAL. If that's all you've got, then you've got nothing.
    Other reasons would send us into a conversation that would violate forum guidelines, so I won't go there.

Which means a bunch of snide, sanctimonious condemnations and beating the old "moral decline of society" dead horse. Again, NOTHING.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Agreed. The fact that you get squeamish at the sight of "boobies" is quite the opposite of "Mature". :rolleyes:
    edited December 2013
    Agreed. The fact that you get squeamish at the sight of "boobies" is quite the opposite of "Mature". :rolleyes:

Squeamish? Not sure where you get your assumptions from. And your prediction of what I would say is a false on Hanover.
  • cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    A simple reason is morals and values. Other reasons would send us into a conversation that would violate forum guidelines, so I won't go there.

Really? Your only reason is to bring the "moral and values" argument? lol

Well.. thanks god is "yours" morals and "yours" values and not Star Trek

I dont like Breen ships, I believe they are ugly but is not reason for the devs to not develop them.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
    edited December 2013
    Really? Your only reason is to bring the "moral and values" argument? lol

Well.. thanks god is "yours" morals and "yours" values and not Star Trek

I dont like Breen ships, I believe they are ugly but is not reason for the devs to not develop them.

Your opinion on a ship is a completely different subject than what we are discussing at this time.

You may find the concept is the same, and in some ways it is, but I feel it's irrelevant to this topic.
    edited December 2013
    Squeamish? Not sure where you get your assumptions from. And your prediction of what I would say is a false on Hanover.

I don't care if you would guilt people for not being ashamed of their sexuality, mock people who would ogle at pixelated skin, or invoke some college activist TRIBBLE about "misogyinistic culture," the undeniable fact of the matter is that your personal sense of propriety and morality is not a rational argument, period.
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    mewnie wrote: »

Same here. Something about a "more skimpy outfits" thread created by someone whose name literally says "I'm a dude."

I see less "Trek authenticity" and more "let me get my perv on" than anything else. :rolleyes:
    edited December 2013
    but I feel it's irrelevant to this topic.

Your feelings are irrelevant to everyone but you.
This discussion has been closed.