test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

more skimpy clothes?

Comments

• ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    voporak wrote: »
    Yeah no. The game's already got essentially naked characters running around via Orions and Risa flower things.

Yes, I'll probably get bitten by the forum fleas for saying this (but I have thick skin, none of them fleas can hurt me) but this is a Star Trek game. Pardon me if I want the slightest bit of immersion. I already think it's ridiculous to have Starfleet admirals running around ESD in a t-shirt, shorts, and bare feet. This ain't a generic fantasy game. We do not need more skimpy clothes (or the lack thereof).

*Puts up flame-retardant shield*

People want to sexualize everything.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeah no. The game's already got essentially naked characters running around via Orions and Risa flower things.

Yes, I'll probably get bitten by the forum fleas for saying this (but I have thick skin, none of them fleas can hurt me) but this is a Star Trek game. Pardon me if I want the slightest bit of immersion. I already think it's ridiculous to have Starfleet admirals running around ESD in a t-shirt, shorts, and bare feet. This ain't a generic fantasy game. We do not need more skimpy clothes (or the lack thereof).

*Puts up flame-retardant shield*

Voporak. Old buddy. Old Pal. Good friend. I hate to say this, but have you ever seen Star Trek mate? I mean, it's not like it was obvious, but honestly. Look at what you are saying.
    edited December 2013
    Voporak. Old buddy. Old Pal. Good friend. I hate to say this, but have you ever seen Star Trek mate? I mean, it's not like it was obvious, but honestly. Look at what you are saying.
    I'm sorry, but that's not a good enough excuse to put it in the game just to satisfy the needs of some of these people.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    People want to sexualize everything.

Forget deleting just my browser history when I die, delete my Skyrim/Oblivion/Fallout3/Fallout New Vegas mod lists too!
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
    edited December 2013
    I'm sorry, but that's not a good enough excuse to put it in the game just to satisfy the needs of some of these people.

Neither is it to support a race that appeared a grand total of 8 times, and that duddn't stop you. :rolleyes:
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Yeah. There was this kind of stuff in Trek. But it wasn't every third female character. Most episodes had people acceptably clothed. The examples you pulled are few and far between compared the amount of episodes in Trek.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
    edited December 2013

Not sure if serious or just trying to make a joke.
    edited December 2013
    Yeah. There was this kind of stuff in Trek. But it wasn't every third female character. Most episodes had people acceptably clothed. The examples you pulled are few and far between compared the amount of episodes in Trek.

ARE YOU GOING TO MAKE ME GET ALL OF THEM????????

Please no. :( There are too many.
    edited December 2013
    Not sure if serious or just trying to make a joke.

Perhaps a bit of both. But seriously. Costume designers are seriously under appreciated and Star Trek had among the best. Their work needs to be recognized. And they're canon. And they would make tons of money for Cryptic.

I fail to see any downsides to this plan.
    edited December 2013
    There's a difference between "work" and just pure eye candy that was thrown together.
    edited December 2013
    There's a difference between "work" and just pure eye candy that was thrown together.

You don't know much about costume design do you? :rolleyes:
    edited December 2013
    You don't know much about costume design do you? :rolleyes:

Of course not, because I'm not a costume designer. They didn't have to design such clothing.
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It's too cold for that now. But come summer...

Computer set temperature to 70 degrees ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
    edited December 2013
    Of course not, because I'm not a costume designer. They didn't have to design such clothing.

It is much harder to make something revealing than not.
    edited December 2013
    It is much harder to make something revealing than not.

Uh huh... sure...
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,276 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Uh huh... sure...

Well they'd have to mess around with skin textures and other things that normally don't have to be bothered with when using normal clothing.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Uh huh... sure...
    did you READ the list of issues the cropped jackets had last year? O_O!!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited December 2013
    did you READ the list of issues the cropped jackets had last year? O_O!!

Solace was talking about real-life, not the in-game stuff.
  • fallenhawkfallenhawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    High heels(6-7'in),knee high stocking(both black and white) please.
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • reecothebossreecotheboss Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    johngazman wrote: »
    How about no?

How about some decent clothing first, such the ENT Maco Uniform, a Rom-based STF outfit, or anything for the KDF.

OOH!! OOH!!! Maybe like a longer skirt option for the 21st century formal wear!!

I mean, what is this? A cocktail party? The top, I really don't mind, but the skirt is the major "I won't buy this EVER" factor for me. If we get a long skirt to go with it, it is an instant buy. And by long skirt, I mean near the ankles.
  • hawke89305092hawke89305092 Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Having looked through this thread I think there is only one conclusion:

When it comes to clothing options, we need more of everything. Period.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,864 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    erei1 wrote: »
    Only if you are a woman (and yes means no). Otherwise it really means no.

As for the outfit, I don't care about skimpy clothes. That just doesn't make a lot of sense if they are allowed for everywhere else than Risa, and/or Orions.
    And if I want to see half naked girl, this is the internet. It's not that difficult.

I want more cool armor, like Honor guard or MACO. Or more uniforms.

I agree...about the second part :P

I mean on the internet it's so easy to find scantily clad women and even non clad... :P
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Is winter really the time to ask for less clothing on yourself?
  • cerealplayercerealplayer Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    orangeitis wrote: »
    Is winter really the time to ask for less clothing on yourself?

It's only winter in half of planet Earth.
  • lordvalecortezlordvalecortez Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It's only winter in half of planet Earth.

Compromise. A nice sweater up top with short shorts and flats on the bottom.
    Cheers from Antonio Valerio Cortez III, Half-Celestial Archduke of the Free Marches Confederacy.
    edited December 2013
    Solace was talking about real-life, not the in-game stuff.

It's still true. It is very difficult to create something revealing without it revealing too much. You should try it some time. ;)
    Compromise. A nice sweater up top with short shorts and flats on the bottom.

Ah... the default dress for any teenage girl in the midwest.
  • kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    As backlogged as the devs are, they always need the time. I'll go with more of everything as well for my answer in regards to clothing, options options, options! And it's important for everyone to remember, tolerance is the spirit of Star Trek! So, someone else's clothing or cultural costumes are not of your tastes? Deal with it! No one is forced to wear anything they don't like.
    edited December 2013
    It's still true. It is very difficult to create something revealing without it revealing too much. You should try it some time. ;)

Something revealing without it being too revealing? You must be forgetting about our Orion friends.
  • lordvalecortezlordvalecortez Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Which is why I suggested it. :)
    Cheers from Antonio Valerio Cortez III, Half-Celestial Archduke of the Free Marches Confederacy.
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Personally I would rather have a better color pallet for my KDF Orion female than a bathing suit or more skimpy clothes.
This discussion has been closed.