test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Secret Tier 5 Dyson Reward! What will it be?

Comments

• Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    hoipoloi wrote: »
    My guess it will be a mission unlock - to go into Voth controlled teritory and save the Voth Scientist... so in essence a Voth Sci BOff

That seems to be the consensus. I hope that you're right.

Anything short of that seems...underwhelming.
  • Options
    beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    we'll get a boff that looks like the npc beefed up to look like this guy <_< >_>
    http://www.godzilla-movies.com/media/godzilla2014_godzilladesign_concept.jpg

• Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,381 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    worffan101 wrote: »
    That seems to be the consensus. I hope that you're right.

Anything short of that seems...underwhelming.

Personally i hope it's a V-Rex combat pet. Not because i WANT a T-Rex with lasers, but because i want to see a T-Rex with lasers verses loads of borg or undine.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    ehrlehnehrlehn Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Variable reward, fed/kdf get a boff, roms get a ball gag for tovan khev

Derrick - Fed Eng
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hope there is some fantastic mission that unlocked for completing the rep.

Not being a part of any story mission which concludes this rep, would be an ultimate fail.

Please don't let it be another Nukara waste of time :(
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    darkelipse04darkelipse04 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Don't hold your breath....fingers crossed I'm wrong.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    beerxhyper wrote: »
    we'll get a boff that looks like the npc beefed up to look like this guy <_< >_>
    http://www.godzilla-movies.com/media/godzilla2014_godzilladesign_concept.jpg
    Sounds good. :D

Maybe this guy as the one for season 9?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    ravensanaravensana Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Pages and pages of replies and no one asked for a Dyson Ball or Digital Slim... I could use a new vacuum...
  • Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    tenkari wrote: »
    only if it destroys everything in the instance if you were to blow up while its powered on.

I would gladly accept that restriction.

N00bs would make the game a nightmare with it though.

N00btac: Well I'm getting nailed by every enemy on the map, my skittle cannons are doing nothing, my shields are gone and my hull is at 20%, better activate the Omega capacitor.

Team: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    foundrelic wrote: »
    I would gladly accept that restriction.

N00bs would make the game a nightmare with it though.

N00btac: Well I'm getting nailed by every enemy on the map, my skittle cannons are doing nothing, my shields are gone and my hull is at 20%, better activate the Omega capacitor.

Team: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Like every n00b with an Obelisk in Conduit Elite, times infinity.
  • Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Like every n00b with an Obelisk in Conduit Elite, times infinity.

bahahahahahahahaha!!

I know right?

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO tired of babysitting obelisk's im discharging mine without even a test flight.
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    samt1996 wrote: »
    bahahahahahahahaha!!

I know right?

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO tired of babysitting obelisk's im discharging mine without even a test flight.

It's not too bad if you know what you're doing with it. But when just anyone is handed a carrier.... yeah it can be a problem. I'm letting my KDF orion run it right now, don't even have it fully optimized and it carries along well, not even running any specialized shield sets on it (still working on building it out a bit)..... It's far more a pilot issue than a ship issue.
  • Options
    captrott1captrott1 Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It's an Omega Particle which you can display in your Ship's cafeteria.
  • Options
    alan171717alan171717 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    captrott1 wrote: »
    It's an Omega Particle which you can display in your Ship's cafeteria.

The Om-mega Particle

That is all
    "I am a travelor of both time and space to be where I have been"
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Wait for it.....

Voth tribble!
  • Options
    j0hn41j0hn41 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It's a animated omega molecule pet!

But it stops animating after a month when your reputation completion party ends.
  • Options
    capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Something dissapointing? I bet it will something really dissapointing. :D
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pwefailpwefail Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    it'll be a voth boff.

more importantly why wasn't it ALL rdy when season 8 went live ?
    The player formerly known as Chunter.
  • Options
    otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    pwefail wrote: »
    it'll be a voth boff.

more importantly why wasn't it ALL rdy when season 8 went live ?

That my friend, is a very, and I mean very good question.

I have tried my best to come up with possible reasons for this not being ready for release, but so far have come up with no good answers.

I do hope we will get to know what went on over at Cryptic HQ with regards to the Dyson rep not being 100% ready before launch...
  • Options
    capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    It'll be the Omega-Mega BeamCannon, powered by AFK player's lack of participation.

That would be super OP.

V-Rex Launcher.

Launches V-Rex carcasses at enemy ships.

I still want my Gorram tribble launcher for ground.

Maybe a Tribble Launcher thats anti-voth.

Launches Triblees that have a 50% chance to distract Bio-Engineered voth and a 2.5% chance to do 250 dmg:D
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If it's another tribble, people are going to riot, and not in the fun way.

More than likely it's SPOILER ALERT

The Voth officer that you're in contact with during the rep based "Missions", i can't really see this ending well for that guy, so it makes sense. Just like the Breen Boff, he'll jump ship because of what happens.

END SPOILER

Aside from that, i'm not really sure what it could be, other than the tribble cop out, plus it goes with a lot of their pattern from other content adds.
  • Options
    makeitsofrakesmakeitsofrakes Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    My money's on Nelen Exil as a BOFF. That would make me quite happy.
    "Be humble for you are made of earth; be noble for you are made of stars."
  • Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Or it could be a rare-one off lockbox! I can see it now!

Delta Quadrant Lock Box:
    When opened emits a cloud of foul gas, iritating anyone nearby and causing general rage in Zone Chat. 70% chance of causing numerous players to either beam out or swap instance.

Chance to win DQ DOFF pack, with a chance to win:
    [purple] Malon DOFF with 98% chance to reduce warp core performance.

[Blue]Talaxian DOFF, with 100% chance to ruin any food placed anywhere nearby

[Blue] Talaxian DOFF, with 50% of reducing Captain's overall traits with distracting toady behaviour

[Purple] Krenim DOFF, with 90% chance of causing the player's ship to have never existed.

Chance to win a Kazon BOFF, with 'suicide' trait; 100% chance of killing him/herself, 0% chance of respawn.

Grand Prize: Malon Garbage ship that emits an area-wide waste gas cloud that causes all other players to bail (whether they like it or not) on whatever STF/Fleet action that this occurs in.
    Also comes with a warp drive that is unparrelled in it's lack of speed.

And via the Lobi store: Janeway Console; causes ship to get lost in the Delta Quadrant, ignores easy method of return, and instantly causes offense to any ship or planet you pass.

OH MY GOD THAT WAS AMAZING!!!

I laughed SO hard! LOL

:D:D:D
  • Options
    atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    V-Rex Launcher.

Launches V-Rex carcasses at enemy ships.

LOL!! I fell on the floor.

Looking forward to the [Delta Quadrant Lock Box] Funniest thing I've seen on the forums. You guys are great!
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    My guess

- A load of unrefined dithium
    - a stack of dyson boxes
    - a voth boff
    - a voth doff

...not the most imagniative, but definitely the most logical
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    samt1996 wrote: »
    bahahahahahahahaha!!

I know right?

Actually, it's a good ship that actually makes hull tanking work, when piloted well.

However, if you don't know wtf you're doing with it, it's a giant liability.
  • Options
    mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well i remember a dev said there is something that you cant put or it wont go in your inventory. So its either a skill, a doff or a boff. Altho a boff can go in the inventory if the candidates roster its full, but only when you are picking them from doff missions as rewards.

My hopes are for a Voth Sci Boff. But there are higher chances to be a Voth Doff tho :( Since i saw there arent any with the +10% dmg againt Voth, both ground and space. So I think it will be a Voth Doff similar with the Breen Doff, Ang the Vicious I think was named, awarded for testing S6 i think, wich granted +5% vs tholians in space and ground. But probably the voth one will be +10%.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    However, if you don't know wtf you're doing with it, it's a giant liability.
    Enh, all ships are like that really. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    mosul33 wrote: »
    Well i remember a dev said there is something that you cant put or it wont go in your inventory. So its either a skill, a doff or a boff. Altho a boff can go in the inventory if the candidates roster its full, but only when you are picking them from doff missions as rewards.

My hopes are for a Voth Sci Boff. But there are higher chances to be a Voth Doff tho :( Since i saw there arent any with the +10% dmg againt Voth, both ground and space. So I think it will be a Voth Doff similar with the Breen Doff, Ang the Vicious I think was named, awarded for testing S6 i think, wich granted +5% vs tholians in space and ground. But probably the voth one will be +10%.

I keep seeing people say they think a DOff is likelier. I don't get this. A DOff is potentially more work designing and testing active duty abilities.

A bridge officer makes quite a bit of sense because DOff medics have active abilities that a bridge officer could inherit and the BOff artwork is done... whereas the DOff artwork is not. The only reason I could see a BOff taking longer than a DOff in this case is if they allow customization.