test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Secret Tier 5 Dyson Reward! What will it be?

Comments

• leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm assuming it's a BOff, seriously, because that's where the cutscenes lead.

But an inspired choice would be a raptor mount usable only in the Sphere Battlezone. I'm guessing mounts are within the skillset of more devs at Cryptic now and offering it at T5 would keep people coming back to the sphere to use after their rep is done.
  • priestofsin420priestofsin420 Member Posts: 419
    edited December 2013
    I'm assuming it's a BOff, seriously, because that's where the cutscenes lead.

But an inspired choice would be a raptor mount usable only in the Sphere Battlezone. I'm guessing mounts are within the skillset of more devs at Cryptic now and offering it at T5 would keep people coming back to the sphere to use after their rep is done.

With the dil rewards the way they are in the Sphere, I'm going to keep coming back even after I finish my rep, lol.

I really hope it's a BOff of the dude in the cutscene, or at least a random Voth scientist. My temporal science vessel needs more dinosaurs.
    Sardak (Science Officer): Captain of a 23k DPS R'Mor Temporal Science Vessel, R.R.W. Vathos
    Odan Brota (Science Officer): Captain of a 28k DPS Scryer Intel Science Vessel, U.S.S. Kepler
    Patiently waiting for a Romulan Science Vessel
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    worffan101 wrote: »
    No, I said it.

Yea, but he quoted me for it
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • brewtolomusbrewtolomus Member Posts: 277
    edited December 2013
    isn't a Pteradactyl armed with twin DHC's, riding gear and devastating aft torpedo launcher (heh) then I am totes ragequitting STO and all other MMO's FOREVAR!

Or at least until I get bored.

Whichever comes first.

Don't let me down Cryptic!:D
  • quadraxis666quadraxis666 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    it looks almost certain to be the guy in the cutscenes as a Boff, through the 4 we've had already it looks as though the guy is gearing up to defect after he's fed us as much info as he can.

Personally I'd love a raptor combat/attack pet but that's just too much to hope for.

I seriously hope the hold up with this is because we'll actually be getting a playable mission and not a cut scene for the last part, like in new romulus rep you do that whole beat up tholians and find the gateway that leads us to the sphere mission.

There's still that voth zone that we can't enter yet, perhaps we have to go there behind enemy lines and rescue the voth guy before he gets executed for treason or something. ok this is massively speculative but that's what this thread is for. but i'm definitely excited for what the big T5 finale is going to be
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    it looks almost certain to be the guy in the cutscenes as a Boff, through the 4 we've had already it looks as though the guy is gearing up to defect after he's fed us as much info as he can.

Personally I'd love a raptor combat/attack pet but that's just too much to hope for.

I seriously hope the hold up with this is because we'll actually be getting a playable mission and not a cut scene for the last part, like in new romulus rep you do that whole beat up tholians and find the gateway that leads us to the sphere mission.

There's still that voth zone that we can't enter yet, perhaps we have to go there behind enemy lines and rescue the voth guy before he gets executed for treason or something. ok this is massively speculative but that's what this thread is for. but i'm definitely excited for what the big T5 finale is going to be

This +1. With all the hype they've been putting in, it'll be a HUGE disappointment if it isn't a really big epic mission like that.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I think it'll be a doff of the guy in the cutscenes. Could be a boff, I suppose, but a doff is more realistic.

That's been said, though, so I'll add my own twist:

A daring mission into the Voth Zone to rescue him first.
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited December 2013

I'm hopeing for an epic mission like you mention above, but I would not hold my hopes up high.

This is Cryptic we are talking about, and so far the other "rewards" so to speak, has been the cutscenes, and whilst I really like them, they are not missions.

I lean towards that Voth sci guy as a BO, or a mission, but the mission is not likely to happen imo, but I could be proven wrong on that.

Playable Voth would really be epic, but that is highly unlikely to happen, but one can hope against hope that it will happen...

The Voth guy as a DO would be weaksauce, and even less likely to happen, since we can get Voth DO's in the new lockbox, if one goes that route.
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    anazonda wrote: »
    So you are saying we are getting Omega Molecules... Isn't that a bit OP?

DEVICE: Omega Molecule Capacitor.

All power settings +9000 for 15 seconds.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I think you have to factor in why the cutscene got delayed. I imagine the cutscene itself is probably done but that it introduces the reward that got cut.

If it's not the Voth Science BOff, I'd imagine it's tied to this Voth's research into why the Sphere is uninhabited or possibly an Omega Particle console/weapon.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I think you have to factor in why the cutscene got delayed. I imagine the cutscene itself is probably done but that it introduces the reward that got cut.

If it's not the Voth Science BOff, I'd imagine it's tied to this Voth's research into why the Sphere is uninhabited or possibly an Omega Particle console/weapon.

As a T5 reward? I'm going to say it's unlikely, based on the fact that they could just make you grind for another Rep weapon or console.

Doff seems most likely, but if that's it I will be dissapointed. A Boff would be a much more special reward. Especially if he's got some customisation options :|
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited December 2013

This is also a good guess. Or mayhaps a Voth Citadel ship or City ship... Well probably not the last ones, but hey, one can hope, right??
  • captainbaileycaptainbailey Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    it better be a Dino Mount. otherwise season 8 has been a total wash D:
  • avantgarde01avantgarde01 Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If it's a Voth boff, I hope we get the Spec Ops for tactical. Probably won't though.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The voth Torpedo would be a nice reward, but a Boff (what was that Voth scientist called?) is more likely.

Then again, perhaps T5 opens a new gate into the delta quadrant and we'll get to wreck some kazon/krenim etc.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It's a gun that shoots omega particles. Balloons shaped like omega particles, that is.
  • sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    samt1996 wrote: »
    I personally think it's an upgraded Transphasic-Chroniton torpedo! There is no reason why they wouldn't offer this weapon again.

Speculate below!!!

Better yet, why not make it like a "Bridge Commander" themed Transphasic torpedo. The one that ignores 100% of shields and hits for twice the payload of a Quantum torpedo. :) Give it the same cooldown as the borg torpedo on auto fire and I'll be set.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    sonnikku wrote: »
    Better yet, why not make it like a "Bridge Commander" themed Transphasic torpedo. The one that ignores 100% of shields and hits for twice the payload of a Quantum torpedo. :) Give it the same cooldown as the borg torpedo on auto fire and I'll be set.

with a 10% chance of blowing up your own ship in the process.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I think it will be a boff.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    sonnikku wrote: »

You seem to forget: They also had a nasty tendency to burn your torpedo tubes.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited December 2013
    i could wish for a iconian frigate.... its the little ships
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    foundrelic wrote: »

All power settings +9001 for 15 seconds.

Fixed
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    anazonda wrote: »
    So you are saying we are getting Omega Molecules... Isn't that a bit OP?

Yes, you're going to get a special omega particle weapon that wipes out all your enemies light years around you. As a negative consequence once you use it, your sector space travel will be reduces to warp .01 and it will take you hours to move from planet to planet in sector space.
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    foundrelic wrote: »

All power settings +9000 for 15 seconds.

only if it destroys everything in the instance if you were to blow up while its powered on.
  • i8472i8472 Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    oh speculation threads....

lets see

it'll be "Nerf" guns.

playable Dyson sphere that moves...

Ok it's actually a claimable Tardis but because of the perception filter we'll miss seeing it.
  • kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I dont know what this [REDACTED] is but sounds an awful lot like Raditz...
  • alan171717alan171717 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Playable Voth City Ship Science Ship

Turn rate of .000001
    "I am a travelor of both time and space to be where I have been"
  • sle1989sle1989 Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    kintisho wrote: »
    I dont know what this [REDACTED] is but sounds an awful lot like Raditz...

Clap

Clap

Clap

Clap
    y1arXbh.png

• aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Secret Tier 5 Dyson Reward! What will it be?

Underwhelming? :eek:
  • hoipoloihoipoloi Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    My guess it will be a mission unlock - to go into Voth controlled teritory and save the Voth Scientist... so in essence a Voth Sci BOff