test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Secret Tier 5 Dyson Reward! What will it be?

Comments

• lordprotiuslordprotius Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I personally think its a quantum slipstream flux capacitor but it requires 1.21 gigawatts of power.....

Maybe thats why the Voth are after those omega particles.....
    #Aux2batman Lives!!

• shar487ashar487a Member Posts: 1,292 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I should hit T5 Dyson rep tonight, so I'll find out if there's anything special about it.
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    shar487a wrote: »
    I should hit T5 Dyson rep tonight, so I'll find out if there's anything special about it.

Not yet ... which was the whole point of this Thread ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • shar487ashar487a Member Posts: 1,292 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Not yet ... which was the whole point of this Thread ...

Ah, thanks for the clarification ;)
  • collegepark2151collegepark2151 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    otowi wrote: »
    That my friend, is a very, and I mean very good question.

I have tried my best to come up with possible reasons for this not being ready for release, but so far have come up with no good answers.

I do hope we will get to know what went on over at Cryptic HQ with regards to the Dyson rep not being 100% ready before launch...

If I remember correctly, the Romulan rep wasn't completely finished when Season 7 launched, either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Porthos is not amused.
  • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It will be a Voth cloaking enhancement console that when used in conjunction with innate or console version cloaking devices it will give you a Battle Cloak :eek:

Yes rejoice Federation players you too can now know the bliss that is the Battle Cloak and it will only cost you 2 console slots to do it :P

Actually I cannot even begin to fathom what this mystery reward will be but in this case getting something extra will be better than nothing at all ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You obtain plain nothing if you reach T5 in the Dyson Reputation. That's the reality.
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
    edited December 2013
    noshuffle wrote: »
    You obtain plain nothing if you reach T5 in the Dyson Reputation. That's the reality.

Plain nothing sounds so tasteless.... can I get Strawberry nothting for mine :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    errab wrote: »
    Plain nothing sounds so tasteless.... can I get Strawberry nothting for mine :)

You can have your strawberry :) But to be honest, not even an extra mission (cut scene). Very poor for all the frustrations peeps got during the grindings. Just shows the kind of respect Cryptic is having towards us.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    noshuffle wrote: »
    You can have your strawberry :) But to be honest, not even an extra mission (cut scene). Very poor for all the frustrations peeps got during the grindings. Just shows the kind of respect Cryptic is having towards us.

It's already been said that you don't get anything at the moment. Branflakes himself stated that we'd get a cutscene, the standard T5 reward pack (Marks, Dil, Expertise and EC) plus the bonus reward that this entire thread has been dedicated to.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have been taking the dyson rep grind very slow so i would not have to wait for the final cut scene, but i doubt it'll be added within the next 4 days.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    questerius wrote: »
    I have been taking the dyson rep grind very slow so i would not have to wait for the final cut scene, but i doubt it'll be added within the next 4 days.

Heh... yea... for once they actually add someting that dosent feel like the grind-of-all-grinds, and then... Not done.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited December 2013
    Okay, I think it is time for Brankflakes to stop trolling players and for him to announce an ETA on this. If it won't be done before January then just say so. Explain why it is taking so long and apologize for releasing an incomplete season.

Lots of people will be hitting Tier V (even casuals who do the daily +1 additional rep mission). Cryptic's slack time is almost up. If it is a mission then just give people the dilithium/marks as a reward already and let them play the mission when it becomes available.

Heck you could do something like another Sphere of Influence and give the "special reward" separately.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    edited December 2013
    johngazman wrote: »
    It's already been said that you don't get anything at the moment. Branflakes himself stated that we'd get a cutscene, the standard T5 reward pack (Marks, Dil, Expertise and EC) plus the bonus reward that this entire thread has been dedicated to.

Yeah, as usual with Cryptic, it will be placed on a sidetrack till no one still cares or forget about it. It's outragious that this wasn't already programmed/included in the Season 8 patch. Starts to wonder what kind of pot the devs of Cryptic are smoking.
  • captcokecancaptcokecan Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well, I am thinking access to the Voth zone, mostly because there is an accolade for flying under the central spires in the Allied, Contested and Voth zones... and right now the accolade isn't able to be finished.

Just a guess on my part though.
    Hey I just vaped you, and this is crazy;
    But here's my frequency, so hail me maybe?
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,280 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    No the voth zone will probably come at the same time as the T5 Dyson reward but will not be the reward itself.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited December 2013
    So if it's not [REDACTED]... is it [CONTENTS CLASSIFIED. IF YOU READ THIS, YOU ARE FIRED]?
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Now that my rep project slotting issue seems to have been resolved I've slowed down.

I log in, run my race, run a Breach, flip my rep projects and log out.

Every other day I include a dual dilithium claim run.
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If I remember correctly, the Romulan rep wasn't completely finished when Season 7 launched, either.

Now that you mention it, the Romulan rep was not completed at launch either.

That does bring up the question: Why was these two reps not completed when they launched?

Really boggels the mind, doesen't it? :confused:
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    otowi wrote: »
    Now that you mention it, the Romulan rep was not completed at launch either.

That does bring up the question: Why was these two reps not completed when they launched?

Really boggels the mind, doesen't it? :confused:

Not really. With regular play it takes a certain amount of time to go through a reputation.
    As a company you can delay new content because the final mission is not yet available or release the new content and hope for few delays so you can finish the reputation content before the players finish the reputation.

With the new Dyson sphere reputation there were some who burst through the rep within 2-3 weeks (normally it'd take between 30-40 days) and that left the devs simply too little time to finish.

Overall it is more important to keep new content coming even if not everything is finished bug free.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • blackblackwyrmblackblackwyrm Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Another factor could be that they're holding off on it so that most of the player base can get to tier five without spoiling the secret to the rep story-line. The anticipation builds hype, meaning more players, and gives them time to work out some bugs.
  • greendragon527greendragon527 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    Actually Branflakes means we are getting [REDACTED] not Omega Particles. [REDACTED] is a bizarre substance that makes anything it touches into [REDACTED]. Although, why we are getting something that has been banned by every government that knows about it and how Starfleet even became aware of it is beyond me. I doubt the Iconians even are aware of it. Q would know, but even he know to stay away from it since he would become [REDACTED].

hmm....Corbomite Device? Self destruct n kill everything on the map
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    hmm....Corbomite Device? Self destruct n kill everything on the map

Well actually a Corbomite Reflector would be nice.. Of cause thats a ST armada thing, but in the end, they could just rename it and be done with it.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • delbert1967delbert1967 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Question:- So should I hold off completing Dyson Tier 5 until this is resolved ?
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Question:- So should I hold off completing Dyson Tier 5 until this is resolved ?

Well, currently you DO get the final piece of the ground set, the ground costume unlock, additional dilithium earning projects, Tac consoles that offer 20% weapon energy type/2.5% extra accuracy, and more.
    edited December 2013
    Well, currently you DO get the final piece of the ground set, the ground costume unlock, additional dilithium earning projects, Tac consoles that offer 20% weapon energy type/2.5% extra accuracy, and more.

I am 2 days out from T5 in the Dyson rep and I have been getting some sweet Purple Tac consoles out of the boxes that you are given when you fill a rep project since T3.

So far the best Tac console that I seen is the one that gives you 13.5% Cannon weapon damage, 2.5% Accuracy and 15% Proton damage.

It's a damn shame that there are no Proton Dual Heavy Cannons currently in game but I have 2 copies of the above console and I'm hoping to find more that I will keep in hopes that we might someday get more Proton space weapons in the future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    errab wrote: »
    I am 2 days out from T5 in the Dyson rep and I have been getting some sweet Purple Tac consoles out of the boxes that you are given when you fill a rep project since T3.

So far the best Tac console that I seen is the one that gives you 13.5% Cannon weapon damage, 2.5% Accuracy and 15% Proton damage.

It's a damn shame that there are no Proton Dual Heavy Cannons currently in game but I have 2 copies of the above console and I'm hoping to find more that I will keep in hopes that we might someday get more Proton space weapons in the future.

Uhmmmm... Proton weapons ARE available through the Dyson rep.
  • xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    anazonda wrote: »
    Well actually a Corbomite Reflector would be nice.. Of cause thats a ST armada thing, but in the end, they could just rename it and be done with it.

Why rename it? It's a TOS thing.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
    edited December 2013
    samt1996 wrote: »
    Uhmmmm... Proton weapons ARE available through the Dyson rep.

So far I have only seen the experimental proton weapon from the rep, are there more that I'm missing?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]