test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cannot Enter Delta Volanis Cluster on KDF Alts *team is investigating*

darthwoodarthwoo Member Posts: 371 Arc User
My Fed characters are fine, but all my KDF characters are unable to enter the Delta Volanis cluster off the Sirius Sector Block. I'm in the middle of trying to do all the colonization chains, so that's a bit of a problem. I fly all along the western border of the block, and while it gives me the dialogues for BU and AT, nothing comes up at all anywhere north of the BU exit. Tried stopping directly at the arrow and backing off, but nothing.
Post edited by darthwoo on

Comments

• ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You need to find a KDF ship who can grant you with Raiding Party, which is the KDF counterpart to Diplomatic Immunity. Once you have it you can enter Sirius block and go to DV.
  • darthwoodarthwoo Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You need to find a KDF ship who can grant you with Raiding Party, which is the KDF counterpart to Diplomatic Immunity. Once you have it you can enter Sirius block and go to DV.

I wasn't aware that we needed to get RP to get into Sirius when we've already been at Marauding T4 for over a year and have been regularly traveling through Sirius that whole time.
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    darthwoo wrote: »
    I wasn't aware that we needed to get RP to get into Sirius when we've already been at Marauding T4 for over a year and have been regularly traveling through Sirius that whole time.
    You might not need it. I didnt pick up on the fact you were already in Sirius sector. Sorry if I added to the confusion here.
  • xelene13xelene13 Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    My Fed characters are fine, but all my KDF characters are unable to enter the Delta Volanis cluster off the Sirius Sector Block. I'm in the middle of trying to do all the colonization chains, so that's a bit of a problem. I fly all along the western border of the block, and while it gives me the dialogues for BU and AT, nothing comes up at all anywhere north of the BU exit. Tried stopping directly at the arrow and backing off, but nothing.

Same issue here. My KDF toons with Tier 3 Maurading can access Sirius but cannot access Delta Volanis. We need to be able to have access to complete our colonization chain... thank you.

Of course D3 FEDs can still access all the KDF space nebs soooo I' doubt our little problem will get attention any time soon.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You are not alone in this.

Problem started for me on Tuesday after the patch for Season 8. All my KDF Toons have Rank 3 (at least) Marauding, able to access Sirius but not Delta Volanis. I thought it would clear up on it's own...but....

I see Fleet Leader is, also, experiencing the same issue....so, it is a larger than just some quirky, random glitch happening to my accounts.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    edited November 2013
    Haven't checked myself, but I'm told by many that this is still persisting into today. I suspect that if it was affecting Feds, it would have already been fixed by now.
  • xelene13xelene13 Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Haven't checked myself, but I'm told by many that this is still persisting into today. I suspect that if it was affecting Feds, it would have already been fixed by now.

Agreed. I contacted Branflakes and he said he'd pass it along. Hopefully it will be fixed by next Thursday, but the track record gives me serious doubt. Until then, bridge invites still work and I know people keep alts in nebulas for that purpose.
  • mugombie1mugombie1 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    For 4 days now I have not been able to zone into Delta Volanis. I get to the zone wall and do not get a popup. I can get into all the other zones no problem. I have put a ticket in but no response. This is on my Kilngon character. My Fed can zone into it fine. I have talked to people in my fleet they can get into it fine and I can zone into all other areas. Delta is one of the last places I need too finish the colonize chain. Can some one help me out here?
    edited November 2013
    Nobody else?
    edited November 2013
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=912691

It's basically all KDFs as far as we can tell, but given that it's ONLY affecting the KDF, don't count on a quick fix.
    edited November 2013
    Thank you sir I thought I dug far enough into the boards to find anything like this. Obliviously I did not.
    edited November 2013
    Still going on. as of yesterday.
  • dachronikdachronik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Delta Volanis does not like Klingons anymore. Same problem here. No entry for me too^^
    edited November 2013
    So still nothing. I am kind of curious as to what kind of changes in S8 would actually induce this sort of bug.
  • therealfluffytherealfluffy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    As a workaround, put a FED captain in Delta Volanis and have him invite your KDF captain to his bridge. You can pick up the chain missions from there.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Still no access to Delta Volanis after 21 November patch.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • harmony420harmony420 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Pretty much what the title says. My KDF character can't go to Delta Volanis, the prompt to warp there never appears on screen, anywhere around the arrow. Other KDF logged in at the same time reported the same.

Perhaps related, when moving from Sirius to Regulus as KDF, the tac officer reports: "We are clear to warp to Sirius Sector Block" even though I'm already there and in fact going to Regulus.
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Still busted.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • elishathorneelishathorne Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Still busted.

yea I can't enter delta volanis either from sirius with my tier 3 marauding kdf toons one of them is at 3/7 in the dv colony chain but well can't get into the darn place:(
  • cralluscrallus Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    my 2 marauding 4 (150k cxp) kdf toons and my k-rom (also marauding 4 close to 150k cxp) are unable to go in as well.
  • dachronikdachronik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    same here ... must be empty in there .....
  • harmony420harmony420 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Also confirm, my KDF can't enter.

I actually started another thread about this not realizing there was already one.
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Same for me - my KDF characters cannot enter Delta Volanis at all.

KDF bug. Might as well say goodbye to DV...
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • lordcorrinolordcorrino Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    In one of my KDF toons. Yes, Maurading is at T4. But when I fly to the border of the map I simply cannot get the warp pop up to pop up. I've flown all around the border, done autopilot to it, nothing works.
    edited December 2013
    Would be nice if this was at least acknowledged in the "Known Issues" section of the patch notes.
  • sciva#8513 sciva Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Oh so it is bugged, I thought that the whole marauding thing was half baked.
  • arcjetarcjet Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Same here. Very annoying.
  • forewmforewm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Seems as though the omega particles are interfering with my warp to DV too. :(
  • mrbelemrbele Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Title says it all.

My KDF toons, althought maxed out on Marauding, can't enter the Delta Volanis star cluster (I haven't actually checked on my Fed characters, since they are 7/7 on the assignment chain).

This difficulty began when season 8 came out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • generator88generator88 Member Posts: 698 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    That's odd, I could have sworn I went in there trying to scrounge up a doctor last night. I'll check it out again tonight, memory permitting (a rather tall hurdle, to be sure).
    =================

I'm sure your DPS is great, but as Kahless said, "a petaQ with high system mastery is still a petaQ." (Well, he should have said it...!)