test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Batteries/ Other Consumables Vanishing From Bar *Resolved!*

Comments

• whosurvulcanwhosurvulcan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    not sure if this is the right post for this but I am having a similar problem with my hot bar only the opposite, I use hypos/shield packs alot and have them slotted in action bar whenever I use one it disappears from the tray and I cant find it the the tray powers either even though I know its equipped, the only solution I found so far is un-equipping and re-equipping but as soon as I use it disappears again!?! any suggestions?
  • ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    On a similar note regarding consumables. Be wary of buying Fleet Mark bonuses. I bought some the other day and once you use one, you're are unable to use another 'til you switch zones. I wonder if these two bugs are somehow related.

It seems Cryptic's mantra is one step forward, two steps back.
  • rckjdrckjd Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    danin73 wrote: »
    I keep having a problem where my hyposprays will disappear from my action bars. For example, I have 20 of them and I will place them in a device slot and move it to where I want on my action bar. It will show 20 hyposprays on the action bar. Later, when I use one, they all disappear from the action bar. I can open up the character screen (U) and see 19 hyposprays in the device slot.

I initially thought that I was accidently grabbing them and moving them off the bar, but this happens when the action bars are locked, as well. In addition, I use hot keys, I don't mouse over and click the buttons.

It gets better though. After they disappear, I can't get them back on the action bar. I can click and drag, the square on the action bar will light up, I will let go of the hyposprays, and they won't go in the action bar. I have to log out and back in for them to go back on the action bar, so that I can use them one time. Weird.

Any ideas? I'm stumped and thought I might be missing something small and stupid.

To re-equip them, move them to a different slot in the paperdoll, they will re-appear on the actionbar. As example, flip them with the tribble.
  • pjlietz1pjlietz1 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I found, for the ground anyway, if I leave one on my toon and the rest in my inventory hypos and shields don't disappear. Make sure your bar is locked. Doesn't seem to work for space though.
  • chrismullins1987chrismullins1987 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yes very annoying ground bug. I rely on hypo's alot!
  • maracroftmaracroft Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    not sure if this is the right post for this but I am having a similar problem with my hot bar only the opposite, I use hypos/shield packs alot and have them slotted in action bar whenever I use one it disappears from the tray and I cant find it the the tray powers either even though I know its equipped, the only solution I found so far is un-equipping and re-equipping but as soon as I use it disappears again!?! any suggestions?

I have noticed this issue also. After unequipping and re-equipping hypos/shields, due to bug, they show back up in my slots but not on my tray. After checking the other tray levels, i usually find them around tray 5 or 6. Not sure why it's putting them way up there but it doesn't even help to have tray lock on.
  • dsarisdsaris Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Any word on when we can expect a fix for this? Consumables are ESSENTIAL for gameplay.
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    tenkari wrote: »
    sucks for those who rely on batterys for their builds to work.

I know right...I carry a purp Battery Doff :(
    And use batteries like PacMan eats pills.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • coffinnailercoffinnailer Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    dsaris wrote: »
    Any word on when we can expect a fix for this? Consumables are ESSENTIAL for gameplay.

agreed did you see all the stupid TRIBBLE they did fix but not this
  • elemberq333elemberq333 Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I guess this issue is more difficult to fix the it seems because I still do not see a fix for it listed in todays patch notes.

The bug is that when you use a consumable like any type of ship battery it disappears after one use and also disappears on your list of items to place on your tray until you zone again.

Some of my characters have this issue on ground consumables and some don't but all of my characters have this issue on ship consumables and it is very annoying to say the least.
  • elemberq333elemberq333 Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    agreed did you see all the stupid TRIBBLE they did fix but not this

No fix for it listed in todays patch notes, so unless they stealth fixed it I guess we have to live with it for another week at least! :mad:
  • ultijuiceultijuice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'd be more interested in fixing the problem of people not being able to read the whole patch notes. Get on that devs.

Known Issues:
    Using a equipped consumable item will place the equipped stack back into the inventory.
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Simple workaround:

1. Put stack in ship/captain equipment space
    2. Hold the control key and drag the stack to your inventory
    3. on the slider dialog, opt to leave only one hypo/battery/other in the ship/captain equipment space

4. Now when you select to use, say a battery - the one in your ship bar stays but the stack in your inventory is depleted by one

its a pain and takes inventory space, but it works around the vanishing issue
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ultijuice wrote: »
    I'd be more interested in fixing the problem of people not being able to read the whole patch notes. Get on that devs.

Known Issues:
    Using a equipped consumable item will place the equipped stack back into the inventory.
    I guess this issue is more difficult to fix the it seems because I still do not see a fix for it listed in todays patch notes.

OP asked for a fix, not a mention in the patch notes.

Reading comprehension seems to be more of a challenge than first thought, eh?

Speaking of patch notes, where's the mention of the KDF costume bug?

They can't claim ignorance, a dev responded to the forum post and told us they'd passed it on to the bug team.

Didn't even make it to the patch notes as a known problem.
  • ravagerborgravagerborg Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    burstorion wrote: »
    Simple workaround:

3. on the slider dialog, opt to leave only one hypo/battery/other in the ship/captain equipment space

4. Now when you select to use, say a battery - the one in your ship bar stays but the stack in your inventory is depleted by one

Are you sure this is working for space as well? I haven't tried this in space but i did on ground and it works.

Still about the thread itself i still can't believe it took less than 24 hours for cryptic to **** up this and still one week later there is no fix!!!!!!!!!!!
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Member Posts: 3,085 Arc User1
    edited November 2013
    rinkster wrote: »
    Speaking of patch notes, where's the mention of the KDF costume bug?

They can't claim ignorance, a dev responded to the forum post and told us they'd passed it on to the bug team.

Didn't even make it to the patch notes as a known problem.

^This.

I guess we need to wait till this bug hopefully hits more and more Federation characters? :rolleyes:
  • haldan1968haldan1968 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Here is my work around: Once I use my consumable, I then un-equip the item from my ship/character, then re-equip it and it will reappear in the tray. You can do this during combat, and while taking hits.
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ^This.

I guess we need to wait till this bug hopefully hits more and more Federation characters? :rolleyes:

I'm not even a KDF oriented player, I have some and enjoy them but find myself gravitating back to my Feds more often.

However, this bug was treated by the player base in exactly the way cryptic want us to.

Proper reports, good feedback to the devs.

They acknowledge the issue, the dev even posted about how they were able to replicate it.

And yet, when it comes to the first patch opportunity it doesn't even make to to the known issues list.

Honestly, I've always taken the 'Cryptic-hates-the-KDF' meme with a pinch of salt, but their treatment of a bug that only effects KDF is shameful and only serves to perpetuate the impression that Cryptic really doesnt care about the KDF.
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ah,,, the kdf custome bs....quite sloppy indeed
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Lets be honest with ourselves shall we?

If Cryptic put down every known bug that is still currently ingame whether they choose to accept it as a bug or not, we would have about 20 pages of every patch release note simply listing the known bugs ingame since BETA

bet you if the lockboxes stopped opening they would work around the clock to fix that issue
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• dachronikdachronik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    From patch notes:

Still not working.....
  • zetttooozetttooo Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    omfg how is this still not fixed
    unbelievable
  • dcboy57dcboy57 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Same problem here :(
    edited November 2013
    Simple workaround:

thx for that. works on ground, but not in space
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Simple workaround:

Ohh thanks Burstorion :D not a fix but beter then nothing.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • cyberpunk1977cyberpunk1977 Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    As above, I am still having the issues where you click on weapons/shield battery and it moves the rest from tray into inventory after patch.
    edited November 2013
    i just hope this "fix" doesnt make them go
    "ugh, game work now! we no need fix this"
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Same issue as well, it didn't get resolved. :mad:
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• mikec1013mikec1013 Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I read in a similar thread a workaround for this that appears to work. At least it does for me. If you're doing ground combat and have a consumable in your inventory as well as having it equipped, the equipped will not disappear upon use. For example, I have 20 large hypos equipped on my captain and 20 more in my inventory, when I use one it stays equipped. This needs to be fixed, but the workaround works.
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Wait, did they release a patch for this? Could you provide a link?
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
This discussion has been closed.