test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Batteries/ Other Consumables Vanishing From Bar *Resolved!*

Comments

• mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I know this is crossposting but this other bug is definitely related and significant enough to warrant it. While you're investigating the bug that is the subject of this thread could you please check out this other one too and kill 2 device slot bugs at once? http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=13504931

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • vulcanmonkvulcanmonk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    +3 Happening to me across all characters
    Sacca Gavesaka, Fleet Admiral, Commanding
    BSG-Benne Gesserit Consortium
  • csagent31csagent31 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Also encountering this new bug. It's frustrating as hell!

Can't use Aux2Batt properly if this bug keeps up!!!!! :mad::mad:
  • damienvryce2damienvryce2 Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    In a nut shell, every time I pop any sort of battery, it disappears from my ability tray. They no longer show up in my list of abilities as though they were never equipped. They reappear when a new map loads and the cycle repeats. Depending on the build, I will usually have a full compliment of batteries equipped. Anyone else having this issue?
    STO: Where men are men and the women probably are too.
    I support the Star Trek Battles channel.
  • zetttooozetttooo Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    how is this still not fixed... cmon craptic you make not just pandas sad
  • vladddievladddie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Happened to me as well, exactly as you described.
  • packer3434packer3434 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It's a known bug, you can get around it by spitting the stack and putting some of the batteries in your inventory and some in your device slot.
    Well I can't forget a face but I won't remember y'all.
    Bleed Green and Gold
  • redsnake721redsnake721 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I was having this issue on the ground in the Sphere battle zone with Hypos and power cells. I had to keep unequiping and reequiping them.
  • mikearoomikearoo Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yep, same here. I had to remove them from their slots then put them back in before they would even appear on my abilities list to slot them on my trays.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    After a small break from STO and came back recently, I noticed this while doing CE that my Aux Batt disappeared off the tray. Scoured my abilities with the "P" key and it wasn't there at all despite over a dozen still on the ship devices.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • panserbjorne39panserbjorne39 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Having the same issue. Weapons batteries disappear from the tray.
  • vfpfyasko1vfpfyasko1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ive noticed since that of the latest patch, the when i enter combat and go for a Weapons Battery in Space, it is missing from the tray UI. If i remove it from my ship tray box and take it out and back in and then place it in the correct location for the UI combat, it stays but when i enter combat is there but it wont show up.
  • vfpfyasko1vfpfyasko1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ive noticed since that of the latest patch, the when i enter combat and go for a Weapons Battery in Space, it is missing from the tray UI. If i remove it from my ship tray box and take it out and back in and then place it in the correct location for the UI combat, it stays but when i enter combat is there but it wont show up.
  • janetza#4790 janetza Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    No Hypos, no fun. Hopefully they shall fix it with the next patch.

In-game handle @Janetza
  • blackrewblackrew Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Have this problem too and it's made me so fusterated. :mad:
    Glad I'm not the only one. :)
  • lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited November 2013
    I find it hard to find time to re-tray (in a fight), and w/o batteries, well..... serious nerf. The sooner they fix this, the sooner I stop joking about shooting blanks.
  • hondo1946hondo1946 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have the same experience. I equip my weapons batteries on my tray but I only get to use them once before they disappear. This does not happen to my shield batteries.
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yo branflakes, any updates?

Quick edit...
    Could you ask the team to link batteries/consumables to inventory or vastly increase the charge amount.

Thanks buddy
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Engineering Report-Personal Log...40 personnel were assigned to figure why the Emergency Batteries for Weapons and Auxiliary ship use, was shutting down. Now we are getting reports also that Away teams have been encountering random failure of Hypos, Personal Shield and Weapons backup batteries as well.

Every iota of ship and ground equipment is being torn down to mere components and being reassemble piece by piece to see where the problem lies. So far, early readings have not pointed the main cause on the malfunction, but there is evidence that something is occurring. I sent some equipment to the Science Dept...maybe they can lend a wider perspective to this ongoing mystery.

-Email Chime-

That was

*Eyes quickly follow one paragraph that seems to give an answer*

Blast!! The captain is not going to like this...

(After several confirmations of tests were done, it has been confirmed with a high degree of certainty, the cause of the power loss, was subspace disruption, and it was not a random occurrence. The pinpoint 'attacks' were concentrated on the power conduits leads of the units that were tested. It is advise that detectors are to be used immediately to locate any more potential breach into our 'space'.)

Chief Engineer to the Captain...we have a major problem on our hands...
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    there is a bug that is making it so once you use a consumable it goes away from your bar.

ALSO. make it so things dont come on your bar out of nowhere and stay where they are put. in space and ground. this happens quite a lot.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • latiasracerlatiasracer Member Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yup, Had this too.

Really annoying in the Battlezone, as i chew through Hypos and having to reslot them every time is getting a biiiit annoying.
    warp plasma can't melt neutronium beams
  • zetttooozetttooo Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    game still horribly broken eh
    sigh...
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Old bugs never die, they just keep coming back for more. :P

While they are at it, they should fix that other Toolbar bug. Those old school STO people might remember that no matter what items you had in a device slot, they always stay in that toolbar slot no matter what. Then they never fixed it.
  • bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    zetttooo wrote: »
    game still horribly broken eh
    sigh...

what else is new?

TBH this is game breaking imo and none of the devs should have left the office Thursday when it was submitted as OFFICIAL, there should have been a hot fix there still isn't and most likely wont see one until whenever they decide to be professional about their product.
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    bunansa wrote: »
    what else is new?

TBH this is game breaking imo and none of the devs should have left the office Thursday when it was submitted as OFFICIAL, there should have been a hot fix there still isn't and most likely wont see one until whenever they decide to be professional about their product.

yep. this is the kind of bug, that cannot be left for a weekend. and even then, we can only hope, they will fix it before thursday (I doubt it will be).

considering that this is also a result fo another, and we have some probably connected to this, I can only assume, that they have fraked up something mighty this time

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
  • methos71methos71 Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm kinda astounded that this bug wasn't corrected in that last pre-weekend patch. I don't use these things in space, but I most definitely do on the ground. And this bug made the Dyson Sphere Battleground a frustrating bear to wrestle with, from time to time. Hope this gets fixed soon!

In the meanwhile, my thanks to those who've shared the device slot/inventory slot split stacking work-around. I'll give that a go today and see if it makes things more tolerable.
    "Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make its own judgments." -Zefram Cochrane
    Vice-Admiral Methos Corinthian
    methos71
    screenshot_2012-03-27-13-37-23.jpg

• annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,676 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If I have a stack of hypos on ground or aux batteries in space if I use one they all disappear. Anyone else?
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i got the opposite, extra seem to appear and i cannot find where those extras are... in my inventory, bank or with my boffs... they're just there
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I haven't heard of new one appearing, but you aren't alone with yours disappearing.

Just another of the bugs that season 8 brought in.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • yorethelyorethel Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have had exactly the same problem.

I have plenty of shield batteries/Hypo's for my ground mission, they are equipped but when I press P they aren't there. They were on my bar and I used each one once then they aren't able to be put on my bars anymore. Tried removing and/buying new ones and same thing no way to get them on my bar.:eek:
This discussion has been closed.