test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Batteries/ Other Consumables Vanishing From Bar *Resolved!*

Comments

• yorethelyorethel Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have had exactly the same problem.

I have plenty of shield batteries/Hypo's for my ground mission, they are equipped but when I press P they aren't there. They were on my bar and I used each one once then they aren't able to be put on my bars anymore. Tried removing and/buying new ones and same thing no way to get them on my bar.:eek:
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, I'm having the same issue. I use consumables more often in ground than space and my hypos and shield batteries just keep vanishing after I use them.
  • o0kami87o0kami87 Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Same issue, the items are still there just not in the power tool tray, and they disappear from the control list when you press "P" to. In long battles it causes problems
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
  • mistressvvmistressvv Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Same issue.

I found if you remove them from your device slots and then put them back in, they reappear in your hotbars. This doesn't help during combat, obviously, but you don't need to delete the sack and buy it again.

I wish someone would address this because it is really hindering game play, specifically on STFs and in the battlezone.
  • tancrediivtancrediiv Member Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    mistressvv wrote: »
    Same issue.

I found if you remove them from your device slots and then put them back in, they reappear in your hotbars. This doesn't help during combat, obviously, but you don't need to delete the sack and buy it again.

I wish someone would address this because it is really hindering game play, specifically on STFs and in the battlezone.

I concur. If you unequip the stack of consumables and equip them again they will become visible in the UI again, but will continue to disappear after a single use. Happens with hypos and batarat sedatives stacks.

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
  • xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yup. Use one and they're gone until a map change.
    mistressvv wrote: »
    I found if you remove them from your device slots and then put them back in, they reappear in your hotbars.

Didn't think of that.

Yes, it is.
  • oldkirkfanoldkirkfan Member Posts: 1,263 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    tancrediiv wrote: »
    I concur. If you unequip the stack of consumables and equip them again they will become visible in the UI again, but will continue to disappear after a single use. Happens with hypos and batarat sedatives stacks.

Can't do that in battle, though

EDIT: Just tested it. You can
  • kartimozkartimoz Member Posts: 57
    edited November 2013
    Same prob here - hope to get some "good news" very soon!

It?s almost not playable....
  • zetttooozetttooo Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i guess they decided its not worth doing anything about it until thursday maintenance. thx craptic.
  • clannmacclannmac Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So...every time I deploy a satellite turret, use a battery, etc., it disappears from my tray. In order to get it back, I have to open the ship window, un-slot it, then re-slot it. While this isn't an inherently long or complicated process, it is CERTAINLY a pain in the backside when you are in combat!! Cool-downs won't let you use another instantly of course, but if I want, say, to deploy fighters (device, not hangar) AND use a weapons battery, I am SOL...

What gives? Has only been this way since the last "maintenance."
    366400.jpg

Fleet Commander
    Caprica's Revenge
    (...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited November 2013
    Known and recognized issue. We're expecting a patch this week.

Nothing like quality assurance done by Pakleds.
  • lake1771lake1771 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    please fix this, half of my ship builds are absolutely no fun at all because battery use is an essential part of its make up. rather demoralizing.
  • kornbobjkornbobj Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This is happening to me on Ground missions, dying because you can use a hypo coz it disappeared last time you used it is getting annoying.... Cant capture points in Battlezone by myself anymore due to this...
  • revan44srevan44s Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I just noticed this but ever since season 8 launched ive noticed that when i use a battery and i have more than 1 the icon disappears and the device is not in my ability tray. Anyone got any ideas why this is happening?
  • gstamo01gstamo01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It's a known bug with the Season 8 and they have not released any details on a time frame to fix it.
    You know Cryptic has Jumped the Proverbial Shark when they introduced Tractor Pulling to Star Trek Online! :D
  • hroothvitnirhroothvitnir Member Posts: 322
    edited November 2013
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned that the red matter capacitor doesn't seem to follow this behavior. For me its working normally, though all others are broken.

Does anyone have that rechargeable shield battery from the Klingon mission to test what it does? I would bet it behaves similar to the RMC and doesn't disappear.
  • kelryerkelryer Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Me too.

This ****ty bug affects pretty much any consumable I happen to use.
  • wilsonfrontierwilsonfrontier Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Didn't see this one reported, apologies if it has been. Past few days when I click to use a shield battery or a weapon platform from my ship devices, the icon disappears from the tray. It uses said item; but then the option just... vanishes as it's clicked upon. Haven't noticed when/if it comes back outside of changing maps.
  • pulserazorpulserazor Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Your RMC is not disappearing because it doesent have a quantity value, you will notice that your subspace field modulator does not disappear either.

Here is what had happened

In a recent patch, At least in ground combat, we now have the ability to have more then 20 consumables in a stack on our action bar that we can bind to a key. So with 20 Large Hypos on my captain and 80 in my inventory, the amount of charges on my hotbar will read 100. - If I use a Hypo, I will still have 20 on my captain, but only 79 in my inventory, for a total of 99 charges on my skill tray. The game is using consumables from the inventory instead of from the devices slot. This is a welcome change, but one that only works in ground combat.
  • danin73danin73 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I keep having a problem where my hyposprays will disappear from my action bars. For example, I have 20 of them and I will place them in a device slot and move it to where I want on my action bar. It will show 20 hyposprays on the action bar. Later, when I use one, they all disappear from the action bar. I can open up the character screen (U) and see 19 hyposprays in the device slot.

I initially thought that I was accidently grabbing them and moving them off the bar, but this happens when the action bars are locked, as well. In addition, I use hot keys, I don't mouse over and click the buttons.

It gets better though. After they disappear, I can't get them back on the action bar. I can click and drag, the square on the action bar will light up, I will let go of the hyposprays, and they won't go in the action bar. I have to log out and back in for them to go back on the action bar, so that I can use them one time. Weird.

Any ideas? I'm stumped and thought I might be missing something small and stupid.
  • cralluscrallus Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It's a bug somewhere. It happens in space areas too with ship devices like satellites.
  • whatinblueblazeswhatinblueblazes Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Same thing is happening to me quite consistently. Rather frustrating.

Hopefully a fix will be implemented soon!
  • darthvrooksdarthvrooks Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    danin73 wrote: »
    I have to log out and back in for them to go back on the action bar, so that I can use them one time.

Any ideas? I'm stumped and thought I might be missing something small and stupid.

I just un-equip them then re-equip them for now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    In game handle @darthvrooks
  • truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    RC is not affected.
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • f9thaceshighf9thaceshigh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    you can get around this and still use consumables if you have some of the same type in your inventory, it'll draw them directly from the inventory instead of your device slots. I think the problem is that it's not recognizing that there are still items in your device slot after you use one, but it does see the ones in your inventory.
  • brewtolomusbrewtolomus Member Posts: 277
    edited November 2013
    danin73 wrote: »
    I keep having a problem where my hyposprays will disappear from my action bars. For example, I have 20 of them and I will place them in a device slot and move it to where I want on my action bar. It will show 20 hyposprays on the action bar. Later, when I use one, they all disappear from the action bar. I can open up the character screen (U) and see 19 hyposprays in the device slot.

I initially thought that I was accidently grabbing them and moving them off the bar, but this happens when the action bars are locked, as well. In addition, I use hot keys, I don't mouse over and click the buttons.

It gets better though. After they disappear, I can't get them back on the action bar. I can click and drag, the square on the action bar will light up, I will let go of the hyposprays, and they won't go in the action bar. I have to log out and back in for them to go back on the action bar, so that I can use them one time. Weird.

It happends in space as well, very very annoying.
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    truewarper wrote: »
    RC is not affected.

apparently its only one time use consumables that are affected, ground or space.
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    At least the disappearing batts, and devices are player wide...
    It's been annoying me since Season 8 launched.

Ah well, its a small complaint. Probably an easy fix.
    They'll have it patched soon.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    At least the disappearing batts, and devices are player wide...
    It's been annoying me since Season 8 launched.

Ah well, its a small complaint. Probably an easy fix.
    They'll have it patched soon.

sucks for those who rely on batterys for their builds to work.
  • cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Mentioned in Builds and Game mechanics forum: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=923871

With another thread suggesting a fix that makes the game even more easy: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=925011

I did learn the "Tuned Anti-Borg Device" is a normal working consumable. :) So far that's all I have found to work as expected :(
This discussion has been closed.