What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Batteries/ Other Consumables Vanishing From Bar *Resolved!*

Comments

• Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Same problem here, I through in a bug report at 2mill+ something something ticket number so I hope they fix it soon. :rolleyes:
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    kristinaartaxoskristinaartaxos Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Why the hell if I activate a battery nowadays the stack disappears from the tray for the entire time in an instance and returns to the tray on changing map. This is happening everywhere and it is really annoying.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    There is already a thread started in the game bugs part of the forum, so if a moderator would move this together ty. :)
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    scoustarscoustar Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Can someone sticky this thread?

Saves deleting the x-million posts that will be created.

Massively annoying bug placed in the game purely to cause upset? Inspired genius coupled with a burning player base hatred? And not bothering to manage the myriad bug reports through abject laziness?

Thanks PWE, you rock!
  • Options
    seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I also can report that this works on dropable turrets as well.
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • Options
    perfectcrypticperfectcryptic Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    In the new space zone whenever you deploy a turret or torp platform it will disappear from your tray and from the available skills. You have to change instance and they will pop back or remove the device and put it back.
  • Options
    defcon1776defcon1776 Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yup, same here. Consumables keep disappearing on my ground missions tho I have plenty available. Map changes restores.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." Q
    Join the 44th Fleet. [FED and KDF] Apply Online: startrek.44thfleet.com
  • Options
    defcon1776defcon1776 Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Same problem here, I through in a bug report at 2mill+ something something ticket number so I hope they fix it soon. :rolleyes:

I hope you aren't holding yer breath, don't think you will make it.:rolleyes:

Anyways, this is extremely important!! FIX IT!!
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." Q
    Join the 44th Fleet. [FED and KDF] Apply Online: startrek.44thfleet.com
  • Options
    johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    had the same problem on my chel gret with the batteries

funny was that depending on which slot i deslotted - slotted back another battery icon dissappered from the bar

what worked was to remove all of them and then reslot them all
  • Options
    ch13fch13f Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i gotta confirm this aswell. after yesterday's patch, every type of consumable device i place on hotbar, gets disapear from hotbar also skills menu after each time i click.

only workaround i found is replacing device.

thanks.
  • Options
    johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Happens to me as well...

However, someone in zone chat stated that if you slot a SINGLE consumable (Hold control when dropping the item into your pockets, and only choose to move 1) on your person, the issue seems to go away. I tested it last night, and was able to slot my consumables and they stopped disappearing. And it still pulls the consumable from inventory... so even though only a single hypo was in my U screen, had the total number in inventory available on the power tray.

By no means a fix, but at least a work around.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • Options
    ravagerborgravagerborg Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Happens to me as well...

However, someone in zone chat stated that if you slot a SINGLE consumable (Hold control when dropping the item into your pockets, and only choose to move 1) on your person, the issue seems to go away. I tested it last night, and was able to slot my consumables and they stopped disappearing. And it still pulls the consumable from inventory... so even though only a single hypo was in my U screen, had the total number in inventory available on the power tray.

By no means a fix, but at least a work around.

Does this fix work for space consumables as well?? I don't think space consumables adds the devices or consumables you have on your ship screen to the ones in inventory like ground consumables do.

Maybe we could ask for space consumables to behave this way also so I don't have to re-slot a fresh stack of batteries or turrets every once in a while
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Sorry, I didn't notice the problem of disappearing consumables in space... I use the Red Matter Capacitor as my main battery, and an aux bat as a spare... It may have disappeared (aux bat), but I didn't notice... So didn't test the ground work around in space.

• Options
    gstamo01gstamo01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    dsaris wrote: »
    After today's patch, when I click my bar to activate a battery (shields, engines, weapons, etc.) the stack of batteries disappears from my bar. They remain on my ship in the device slot but do not appear on any of my trays or anywhere in the menus to drag back to the bar.

Please fix ASAP.

This bug actually breaks many player ship builds and needs to be addressed quickly.
    You know Cryptic has Jumped the Proverbial Shark when they introduced Tractor Pulling to Star Trek Online! :D
  • Options
    farginwarfarginwar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Confirmed thought this patch was supposed to fix it? Please fix asap.:mad:
  • Options
    dukedom01dukedom01 Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Workaround to make it useable again:

If you notice a disappearing stack of consumeables.

Remove that stack from your device slot, put it into your inventory.

Put another stack into the device slot. That one should no longer vanish. If you put the same stack back in it will disappear upon your next use again.

Of course you might need to put the new stock back on your quickbar. But if you suffer from this bug you were doing it anyway. :D
    Ceterum censeo Otha supplendum in praemiis.
  • Options
    captyoung01captyoung01 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I am not sure if this has been reported yet, but. . .
    I have been noticing since the Nov 14th patch up, that any consumable used either Ground (ie; hypo, shield) or Space (ie; Battery's of any sort) disappear off my tray. I have to continually unequip and reequip any of these in order for them to reappear back on my tray.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    It has, and they are investigating...

In the mean time, at least for Ground, put only 1 hypo/shield into your character screen (U), hold down the control key when moving it from your inventory and when you release, you will be given a number to move pop-up... move only 1...

This worked for me on the ground (haven't tried space).... its not a fix, but at least its a work around.

• Options
    kadamskadams Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Okay, kids.

Settle down.

Cryptic responded that they've confirmed the bug and they're going to fix it on page *3*. Continuing to throw insinuations about what you did with Cryptic's mom last night and other petty insults isn't going to get it fixed any faster. Or, do anything but make you look like an immature, whiny prick.

Please stop calling the devs of the game you dearly love lazy pricks.

If anything, y'all should be ashamed to call yourself trekkies. Wasn't Gene's overall message in TOS about how the world needs less "feck you"s and more "thank you"s?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    i aint playin with this bug TRIBBLE u guys im going home enough bugs already more irritating to play this dumb game atm then it is fun, hope they start focus on gameplay and functionality instead of frelling CONTENT ! THINK we have enough of that :mad: :(

I do agree with your sentiment here, Cryptic does need to fix all it's bugs and maintain game stability before adding on more content at a rapid pace. It's happend over the last 3 season's that every time any content was added, old bugs reappear and a few new one's spring up. . . But on the other hand, most of the bugs encountered here on S8 are not as bad as has been brought up before, could be much worse I guess. . .
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    It has, and they are investigating...

In the mean time, at least for Ground, put only 1 hypo/shield into your character screen (U), hold down the control key when moving it from your inventory and when you release, you will be given a number to move pop-up... move only 1...

This worked for me on the ground (haven't tried space).... its not a fix, but at least its a work around.

I will try this, thanks ;)
  • Options
    perfectcrypticperfectcryptic Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    kadams wrote: »
    Okay, kids.

Settle down.

Cryptic responded that they've confirmed the bug and they're going to fix it on page *3*. Continuing to throw insinuations about what you did with Cryptic's mom last night and other petty insults isn't going to get it fixed any faster. Or, do anything but make you look like an immature, whiny prick.

Please stop calling the devs of the game you dearly love lazy pricks.

If anything, y'all should be ashamed to call yourself trekkies. Wasn't Gene's overall message in TOS about how the world needs less "feck you"s and more "thank you"s?

Topics got merged fyi. I did check the first few in the forum and didn't see anything from the headers which is why I posted a topic which got merged into this one.
  • Options
    riddlinsriddlins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I am not sure how this bug would occur, but my case is..

I got Deuterium Surplus item and Weapon Battery on Device of my ship

On the weapon panel in battle, when I use(Click) my weapon battery, the icon automatically disappeared every click, which is very very annoying..

Please fix!
  • Options
    kadamskadams Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Topics got merged fyi. I did check the first few in the forum and didn't see anything from the headers which is why I posted a topic which got merged into this one.

Valid response and yet it doesn't really excuse the self entitled "GIMME GIMME GIMME NOW NOW NOW" attitude I'm seeing from 90% of the posts here.

I'm not sure, but I don't *believe* Cryptic is all "AHAHAHA" *evil cackle* "I WILL BREAK BATTERIES AND CONSUMABLE ITEMS FOR THIS PATCH! AND THEN, THE WORLD WILL BE MINE!" *twirls evil handlebar mustache while cackling like an evil genius*".

Just a guess...

I'm gonna guess it's probably more along the lines of *insert profanity here* "AHA! IT WORKS! I FIXED THE MAIL SYSTEM!" And then they send the patch without realizing that they broke something else and without sufficient time to properly test it or the will to delve back into the tangled mess that is STO's code at that moment.
  • Options
    tweevetweeve Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    A friend and I are having the same issue but with the deploy able turrets. I haven't tried the batteries yet as I haven't needed one. But when I go use a turret it disappears from the tool bar. It seems to show back up again when I leave the map but I cant use it again till I leave. I have my panel locked so I cant accidentally move skills off the bars. I have also looked for it again in the skill menu but it didn't show up their either.

Please fix this, as my fleet has several hundred turrets in our fleet bank and it would suck if we could only use them once per map.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Couple forum posts already on this... Dev's are aware, and looking into it.

• Options
    stultus1980stultus1980 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Has anyone else noticed a glitch with their ship's device slots since today's patch? My equipped devices keep vanishing randomly from the try and some don't appear in the available skills window. Very odd!

I'm using a Voth Science ship, haven't tried with another ship yet.
  • Options
    racerexiaracerexia Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Damned Issue is affecting my gameplay. I use batteries to re enable my subsystems, it is seriously hampering the enjoyment of the game. Having to re-equip stuff in the middle of combat is a nightmare.
    Other than consumable devices I also had the same problem with the ground set abilities like the Distortion Field from my Omega Set.

2 Patches and still no fix...
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, this is extremely annyoing and can ruin a good gameplay in certain situations. Also happens to me and not only on the ships, but in gorund combat as well. The consumables just dissapear from the tray as well as from the pop-up window.

It's almost unbelievable the did 2 patches since the launch and none of them took care of this issue. :(
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
This discussion has been closed.