test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Episode 'Mine Enemy' still bugged. *Resolved!*

monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
edited December 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
In the caverns when you use all diplomacy options at rank 3 or higher diplomacy, to talk your way past the guard in the first room, the mission can't be completed. Each time you choose a diplomacy option, some enemies in the next room disappear until there are none left.

As soon as you enter the hallway to the next room after talking your way past the guard, the objective updates to show 'Defeat hostile Romulans 0/1'. The only targetable enemy is the guard you just talked your way past but you can't attack him. When talking to the Romulan Miner all he says is "You may proceed".

The only way to complete the mission at this point is to beam up to your ship, choose to continue, and instead of choosing diplomacy options, fight the Romulan Miner.

This episode has been bugged for months and reported more than once. Why hasn't it been fixed yet? :mad:

I've done this on characters with rank 4 diplomacy just in case that matters. Can't think of any with rank 3 I've done it on so I don't know if it bugs out then.

I'm wondering if the NPC 'Rai' being added with LoR has something to do with this. At rank 4 diplomacy you can talk to her and she will join your crew as a duty officer (blue quality biochemist). She is right behind you when you first beam onto the planet.

-For fed allied romulan republic characters you can get 'Rai' to join your crew at any rank of diplomacy, even rank 0, but for KDF allied romulan it's bugged and it seems you have to have rank 4 marauding before she will join.-
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• catashecatashe Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Don't feel bad.. I can get past the kill the romulan gorups thing but I get stuck on the "Open the hidden door" part... even when I open and close the door nonstop and dropping and getting the quest does absolutely nothing to fix it
  • flamingpants13flamingpants13 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm having the same problem as above, the mission won't progress past "Open Hidden Door", and I can't complete it no matter what I do. Playing as a Romulan Science Officer.

EDIT: I've attempted this mission 5 times now, and the same result every time... I never thought I'd say this, but I guess I'll just skip the mission...
  • mughimughi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Adding my +1 to having trouble with this mission. Started playing again after a several month hiatus, only to find a show stopper mission bug. Mission halts on 'Open hidden door'.
  • mossimo70fumossimo70fu Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    +1 here as well. "Open Hidden Door" bug.

Funny thing is I did manage to get through this mission last week with another new character, but now it is a show-stopper.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ighost2012ighost2012 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I am also having the same problem with the secret door, :(
  • darthlokidarthloki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    catashe wrote: »
    Don't feel bad.. I can get past the kill the romulan gorups thing but I get stuck on the "Open the hidden door" part... even when I open and close the door nonstop and dropping and getting the quest does absolutely nothing to fix it

same here I'm stuck on the Open Hidden Door part, I have opened the hidden door so many times that it doesn't complete like the others before it completes. I mean I've defeated 4 Hostile Romulans that was completed, I examined Romulan Camp Site that was completed and did Find what the romulans were protecting using the pressure plates explore the min and explore the rear cavern has completed but when it says open the hidden door I do but nothing happens no completion notice for opening the hidden door. I guess I'll just skip this one since i've tried so many times but nothing.
  • treadfeathertreadfeather Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Same, won't register that I've opened the door. Was trying to do the featured mission series too. I guess I can't complete it?
  • waldonawaldona Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I've tried logging out, quiting the game and restarting. Dropping the quest and restarting. Waiting until after last night's patch. Nothing, the game will not acknowledge that I opened the hidden door.

Very, very disappointing to come back after two years, wanting to do all the episodes and being stopped. They have to at least test/fix the content that they have Featured!

Whoever owns/maintains this game now, hey you! Fix it!
  • mughimughi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Just in case it was something random with my home computer, I tried loading STO on a work computer. Same bug, mission stuck on 'Open Hidden Door'.

Everyone please make certain you also open a ticket for this issue. (My Ticket #2,097,546).
  • daywalkerhawkdaywalkerhawk Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    you can try this: dont talk to the guard just run into the Room, kill the Groups the Guard will count as 1 Group, that worked for me(before S8).
  • xeetharxeethar Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I was playing my federation character in the Mine Enemy story arc. I was playing through the 'Digging for Answers' and the point in the mission when you have to stand on the two pressure plates and open the hidden door, the objective 'Open Hidden Door' doesn't check off. As a result when I go further into the level and open in to the Romulan Control room I don't get the cut-scene with Hakeev.

The mission is basically broken and unsolvable because the objectives won't update. The bug is repeatable. I did it twice thinking the first time was a fluke. As proof, here's a screen shot... http://i.imgur.com/QGBWBup.jpg

I watched a YouTube walkthrough of this mission and the object is supposed check off and progress the mission as soon as the hidden door is activated.

I can't progress through this mission with this bug happening.
  • battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You go into the mine and persuade the Romulan to let you in. Once your accolade registers, beam to your ship, then "Continue Mine Enemy" and go back and kill him and the mission will continue. Unless they changed it since Season 8 launch, I have done it this way on many runs to get friends the accolade. It did work as of Monday anyway.
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • nosdrah2013nosdrah2013 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm having the same problem as above, the mission won't progress past "Open Hidden Door", and I can't complete it no matter what I do. Playing as a Romulan Science Officer.

EDIT: I've attempted this mission 5 times now, and the same result every time... I never thought I'd say this, but I guess I'll just skip the mission...

Same here. I ran the mission 4 times last night and couldn't get the hidden door to clear so I could proceed. I watched a STO Acadamy video on the mission to see if I did anything wrong, it's the mission. My toon is stuck until this is fixed.
  • timog1ertimog1er Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have this exact same issue, playing as Human Tactical Captain. I open the hidden door but it doesn't get checked off, and there's no cut scene.
  • steveob1982steveob1982 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I've had the same problem whilst I was playing this mission not 30 mins ago, hope they can resolve this soon as I would really like to progress through the storey
  • endofinfinityendofinfinity Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Same issue. Romulan Engineer.
  • captncappycaptncappy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Same issue, Rom Tac. Been trying to do this for 2 days. C'om cryptic, get it together, can't move on in the story until you.
  • speciesjjbspeciesjjb Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Same thing here I was trying to progress with my engineer fed admiral and it takes me to the point where u stand on the pads and open the door and nada...lets me kill all red romulans and with the lady commander that is supposed to have the access codes for the final door, I am able to wear her down till she stops fighting to talk but nothing :mad: tried restating the mission 3 times from the very beginning.
  • warmech2474warmech2474 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well at least im not the only one. I will try the workaround and hope
  • xeetharxeethar Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    When I first played the Romulan story arc when it first launched this mission worked. Strange it's busted now.
  • jheinigjheinig Member Posts: 364 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2013
    I have an implementation internally that will address this, but it is also a symptom of an underlying issue that our programmers are looking into. Hopefully we'll be able to patch this soon.
  • picard99picard99 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    xeethar wrote: »
    I was playing my federation character in the Mine Enemy story arc. I was playing through the 'Digging for Answers' and the point in the mission when you have to stand on the two pressure plates and open the hidden door, the objective 'Open Hidden Door' doesn't check off. As a result when I go further into the level and open in to the Romulan Control room I don't get the cut-scene with Hakeev.

The mission is basically broken and unsolvable because the objectives won't update. The bug is repeatable. I did it twice thinking the first time was a fluke. As proof, here's a screen shot... http://i.imgur.com/QGBWBup.jpg

I watched a YouTube walkthrough of this mission and the object is supposed check off and progress the mission as soon as the hidden door is activated.

I can't progress through this mission with this bug happening.

Well at least you dont get locked out of the game because of that.I went for risa system once and press beam down button and got stuck loading risa holiday event map after the event ended and map was i guess closed :P I havent checked if that beam down button for holiday event is still on risa after season 8 released.
  • timelordrowantimelordrowan Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well at least im not the only one. I will try the workaround and hope

I got through all that, but the mission is hung because even though I opened the hidden door, the game doesn't register the door as opened. My objective still say "Open Hidden Door" and I can't do anything. I can clear all hostiles, I can get Janek to half strength, and she just stands there. I can't free the prisoners in the brig, and I can't do anything but deal with the hostiles. i can't get into the command center because I can't talk to Janek after she surrenders.

This is driving me insane. I haven't found a way to bypass missions, can that be done, or do I need to keep trying to do this for a few more days?
  • camk4evrcamk4evr Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I got through all that, but the mission is hung because even though I opened the hidden door, the game doesn't register the door as opened. My objective still say "Open Hidden Door" and I can't do anything. I can clear all hostiles, I can get Janek to half strength, and she just stands there. I can't free the prisoners in the brig, and I can't do anything but deal with the hostiles. i can't get into the command center because I can't talk to Janek after she surrenders.

This is driving me insane. I haven't found a way to bypass missions, can that be done, or do I need to keep trying to do this for a few more days?

Like most on this thread the mission won't progress, for me, beyond "Open Hidden Door".

If you want to skip the mission go to the "Missions" screen (click on the blue symbol to the left of the mission name on your progess list), click the "Episodes" tab, and click the "Skip" button, and then click the "Hail" button to start the next mission
  • chickenlaserschickenlasers Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I was running mine enemy mission the part where you are searching around in the mine after triggering the 2 switches on the floor the hidden door open pops up but when you activate it the mission does not progress. i have tried moving ahead restarting the missiong i even brought a player along to try to change things up. When you open the hidden door it just stops the mission from progressing. I can open the hidden door fine but the mission panel wont trigger to the next part of the mission to explore the base. Hopefully cryptic can fix this quickly as this stops my episode progression completely on my romulan character.
  • friyzguyfriyzguy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have the same issue at the same place in the mission, sort of stops story progression.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • monopolesmonopoles Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I got the Hidden Door bug, too. Maybe if they could take that bit out of the quest and put a big crate there instead... I love this chain, I wouldn't mind if it looked a bit half assed there.
  • xynoxxxynoxx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'll add my plus one as well.
    I didn't actually notice that it hadn't registered the door as open, not until after I defeated Commander Janek and she stood there uncommunicative, because of course since the door wasn't open I obviously couldn't be there to defeat her, even though I just had.

nice bug checking cryptic, Nice sanity checking in your routines cryptic - defeating her should have automatically enabled her conversation option it should NOT be reliant on previous checkoffs, not when you can't manage to actually register those competently.

Funny thing is, I've done this mission multiple times recently and it always worked, this is either because this time I'm an engineer or like so many other bugs, it's part of issue 8, Dyson's Sphere O' Bugs.

Gee if only you still had GMs, then you could fix this player by player so we could actually, play instead of waiting, hoping maybe this time, you'll actually fix the bug, unlike others you've been ignoring for months.

Stop adding new content and fix the content you already have, before the unaddressed bugs hit critical mass and render the whole game unfixably broken after you add some other untested new content.
  • ironmakoironmako Member Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have been trying to level up my Reman-Fed Character, but now I have become well and truly stuck at "Mine Enemy". Once you are in the mine, and yo have cleared it of enemies, you need to open the "hidden door" by using your away team member, and both standing on two pressure plates. Then you "lock in coordinates". then you get the option to open the hidden door. Once the door is open, the objectives do not progress, and is stuck on "open hidden door".

Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a way around it?

Or can STO just unlock two episode at the same time, so if one messes up, then I can still level up?
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Haven't checked out this bug myself but it has already been reported on the forums and Cryptic is looking into the problem.
This discussion has been closed.