test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Still trying to finish a gamma recruit and having issues getting the 126+ queue for rank one done...

so I am at least 140 queue in now, and I know the old RA's and a few queues that had no cool down did not count so I have avoided them but I just cant make it done.... anyone know if its even completable with TFO's now?? If so do you know what TFO's do not count since there is no visible counter displayed for Us? I only have 3 things left on the Gamma Recruit and 2 of them I know are in My control, (90 spec points and lvl 5 in all of the reputations) but I just cant make any progress it seems on that one for Rank.... I checked the wiki and looked and looked... somebody put it on a silver platter for My old feeble mind? lol

Comments

• Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    Basically in a nutshell from what I found it's the queues with a cooldown that matter. I just kept running missions and farming marks for reputation and fleet projects like I would normally do anyways and eventually that one completed after one of the queues. If you go into the little communicator device it gives you, can you not check the progress there? I want to think I was able to do so there but I may be thinking of a different unlock so don't hold me to that lols. If you keep playing like you normally would and doing queues it will eventually get there. I know that's not much help but that's about the best advice I can give you at this point.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Just remember that the NEW queues that came after Jem'Hadars and Gamma Recruits were added to the game....do NOT count.

Only the OLDER queues that existed before Gamma Recruits, are connected up to those transponders. They never did go back and add new stuff to the older Recruit requirements.

So, don't count any of the newer Discovery queues toward Gamma Recruits requirements.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    My understanding was that you could never see the exact count, only that you met/passed the threshold.

Obviously, the Developer who came up with the 'display number' routine must have left Cryptic and no one could figure out how to do it again. ;)

When Red Alerts were PVE Queues with their 30 Minute Cooldowns/Daily Mark Bonus days, they did count towards the total.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    I think I basically did Swarm over and over for that one. Killed 2 birds with 1 stone: completed the Gamma Recruit objective and racked up Gamma Marks for the Reputation.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    velbar wrote: »
    so I am at least 140 queue in now...

How do you know this? The number isn't shown, are you just assuming you have already done enough queues?

Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    velbarvelbar Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    it is an assumtion yes, but I know the first 25 for sure obviously and I have been doing 5-10 queues a day for the last 3 weeks and prior to that was doing at least 1 CCA every day for the fleet marks as well for months...so yeah My 140 number is outta thin air but should in reality be a low ball
  • Options
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Just remember that the NEW queues that came after Jem'Hadars and Gamma Recruits were added to the game....do NOT count.

Only the OLDER queues that existed before Gamma Recruits, are connected up to those transponders. They never did go back and add new stuff to the older Recruit requirements.

So, don't count any of the newer Discovery queues toward Gamma Recruits requirements.

Welllllllll that sucks, I did not think about that... it might possibly be part of the issue then... most of what I run is CCA and before it went away fleet starbase defense...just for FM but I am sure some of what I counted is new stuff....damn
  • Options
    it is an assumtion yes, but I know the first 25 for sure obviously and I have been doing 5-10 queues a day for the last 3 weeks and prior to that was doing at least 1 CCA every day for the fleet marks as well for months...so yeah My 140 number is outta thin air but should in reality be a low ball

CCA has been revamped since the Gamma Recruiting event.

I am sorry to say.. but if I had to bet, I would say that none of your CCA runs are counting. :disappointed:
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    My understanding was that you could never see the exact count, only that you met/passed the threshold.

Obviously, the Developer who came up with the 'display number' routine must have left Cryptic and no one could figure out how to do it again. ;)
    Or they intentionally left it out so people wouldn't notice how many queues inexplicably don't count for it. :p
  • Options

CCA has been revamped since the Gamma Recruiting event.

I am sorry to say.. but if I had to bet, I would say that none of your CCA runs are counting. :disappointed:

ohhhhh helll no!!!! yeah, if they took CCA out then that COMPLETELY freaking explains My problem..... thankx for the bad news lol... seriously, thank you ... that goes to My original question of what queues do not count.
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    This is something I noted way back when Gamma Recruit first came out. Some STF's count, some don't.

Back then, of CCA, Borg RA and Tholian RA, only the Borg RA counted. As far as I know, CCA has never counted for it. But like the OP, I knew my count. I waited until I had the 25 reward and started counting. I was up near 125, 130, still hadn't completed it. Actually just finished this with RTFO about a month ago, since I just stopped working on it, due to TFO not counting for it.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Its not like CCA is a real TFO anyway.

Well, that's another issue.. but prior to the revamp it did indeed count. I obviously can't confirm for sure that the revamped version doesn't count, but it sounds like it doesn't.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    I've checked maybe once a week and still not seen it roll past the 100, which it should have done by now off the randoms, endeavours and events.

Gamma recruit rewards are all pretty bland with the tasks being the mindnumbingly dull ones from previous recruits presumably because those required the least effort to tack into the system.

If anything doesn't count towards the total then the devs should have been open about it and maybe done something to level the playing field so doing a queue entry counted to the invisible tracker of queue entries.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    trennan wrote: »
    This is something I noted way back when Gamma Recruit first came out. Some STF's count, some don't.

Back then, of CCA, Borg RA and Tholian RA, only the Borg RA counted. As far as I know, CCA has never counted for it.

Hmm, it certainly counted for "run an Advanced queue", since CCA is what I ran to get that one. After I discovered how easy it was, I added it to my farming alongside Borg RA. Without those two, I'd never have done those Recruit tasks. /shrug
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    kiralyn wrote: »
    trennan wrote: »

Back then, of CCA, Borg RA and Tholian RA, only the Borg RA counted. As far as I know, CCA has never counted for it.

Hmm, it certainly counted for "run an Advanced queue", since CCA is what I ran to get that one. After I discovered how easy it was, I added it to my farming alongside Borg RA. Without those two, I'd never have done those Recruit tasks. /shrug

Like I said, as far as I know. I didn't run these much back when GR started. I tested them here and there. I tested it, since we never got a counter for the 25 or 100. When I hit the 25 mark, I was like, "Ok.. time to count." I was at like 125+ without the 100 queue reward. This was specific queuing of actual STF's, excluding the RA's and CCA from it. So this thing has been rather wonky about what counts and doesn't, since it started.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    So, I went to support and it took a little pointed discussion but I finally got this back just a little bit ago...
    ====================================================================

IqDRvrV.png

=======================================================================

Interestingly enough, right after I got this email back.... My toon suddenly achieved the 100 queue's... with out running a queue for hours lol
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    Glad that your issue seems resolved, but posting private correspondence is not allowed regardless. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.