test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TIRED OF INVALID UNIFORMS! (Uniforms being Unusable, Have To MAke New Ones, Big List)

blagormblagorm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Klingon Discussion
Now, I am going to explain this in a nutshell.

I can use about 7 Outfits Right?

Well, Every so often, some of them become unsuable.

So now, I only can use 3, UNTIL I go to the Talior and re-do the other 4.

My List now has:

12 Invalid, Undeletable, Costumes

3 Costumes Usable

4 Open Slots

FIX THIS!
R'tolves Will Spread Thier Peace and Will Prevail Over the Hostiles Who Dare Hurt Such A Isolationist Consitutional Monarchy!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by blagorm on

Comments

• icesis1icesis1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yes, please...talk about a persistent, annoying bug.
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Got hit with this during a lag spike tonight, relogged and suddenly my char is wearing her default uniform again. I got 8 dead uniforms on her now. GG cryptic
  • aleaicaleaic Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well, the Honor Guard uniform I worked hard to get, Adapted and complete, I now cannot use of costume slot now! One STF I beam up to, and then come back and am stuck in a different uniform, altogether!

This one makes me angry. Fix this one please, along with the rest of the KDF costume problems, that have plagued klink players, from the beginning of STO Holodeck!

Man, this one makes me think of violent chemicals, and such. :mad:
  • f9thaceshighf9thaceshigh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    can you slow down and tell us what exactly is going on? Saying it's invalid doesn't help.
  • burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have this as well.

Simply put aces, when a Uniform slot bugs for a KDF character, the uniform cannot be modified or deleted anymore. I'm lucky so far to only have one, but others like blagorm has up to 12 of them. There has been no response from Devs on this bug and it's been present for as long as I can remember.
  • zordar01zordar01 Member Posts: 318
    edited November 2013
    And to add insult to injury, you can go in and modify the the offending uniform and spend EC on it by clicking 'Purchase', but then the changes don't take. But your EC is gone.

So do any Feds have this problem or is it just KDF-side? Only my KDF-aligned Rom has this issue (2 slots down so far).
    Star Trek: Online - Now with 100% more dinosaurs!!
  • simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have the same bug. I earned my Mkii Khg set the hard way. Now it is the only uniform I can wear. If I swap uniforms I alway wear The Khg top and other bottom. I play an Orion female and I can run around with a lion cloth and honor gaurd top. I wounded if it is a bug because I am not teir five on any rep, but have permission to wear the honor gaurd. If I change maps my honor gaurd uniform defaults to colors I don't have selected. I have turned this into cryptic as a bug with no response. Not even a generic we know and are currently trying to find out why. If everyone having issues with honor guard is it with any uniform. Is everyone with this bug capable of wearing the honor gaurd set. This is information Crytpic might need to solve this bug. What is everyone's race.
    320x240.jpg
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Used to be a KDF only thing but as of last night it has also affected my Fed Rom as well. The costume bug has migrated across faction divides now so maybe we will see it get resolved.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • szioulszioul Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    dirlettia wrote: »
    Used to be a KDF only thing but as of last night it has also affected my Fed Rom as well. The costume bug has migrated across faction divides now so maybe we will see it get resolved.

That's "good" news.
  • kokushibyokokushibyo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Unless it's only resolved for the Fed side :D I'm also affected by this, two unusable costumes.
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I had this bug for a while. Turns out my armor graphics where on even though they where off so I finally turned them on so they would be turned off and that worked, but grethor only knows why.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    yeah this is one hell of a bug. Trying to have 3 separate uniforms for KDF or my roms has just become a freaking nightmare. And trying to change the uniform, pfft not happening.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm not sure if there even is a KDF player that is not affected by this bug.

I've had it since the Summer Event, but I was lucky enough to automatically gain an extra costume slot whenever one gets the bug. (don't ask me how, I have no idea. I just read a post on the forum from another KDF player that mentioned gaining extra slots, checked and I had them as well.)

Anyway, the number of reports and threads started from different players about the issue are staggering and still not having a fix for this is a bad joke.
    Good grief Cryptic, do you even care about what is left of your reputation?
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This bug has been going on for years now. Not funny!
    I haven't had my feds affected by this yet, but all of my kdf toons have been hit by it at some point. The kdf rom as well. Still, if it's hitting feds now, then it might just get fixed (Optimism gents! OPTIMISM!:rolleyes:)
    I need a beer.

• jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I would highly recommend moving this discussion to the Art section, which is where character artists are known to post.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This bug has been going on for years now. Not funny!
    I haven't had my feds affected by this yet, but all of my kdf toons have been hit by it at some point. The kdf rom as well. Still, if it's hitting feds now, then it might just get fixed (Optimism gents! OPTIMISM!:rolleyes:)

One of my Fed characters has been affected by this bug for a long time... 2 years in fact.

I did not have that problem with any of my KDF and KDF-aligned characters before the October 30th patch. Now they all have it. Only the first 4 outfits work. The other ones don't work. Good thing those were TNG romulan outfits that I bought otherwise I would be a lot more unhappy than I am right now. It is sad however that my Romulans can no longer wear any of their republic uniforms... none of them are among the first 4 outfits.:eek:
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • overlapooverlapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Good to know I am not the only one. Luckily the bug has been confined to a couple of my RR alts...
  • zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    On the plus side if it is starting to effect the fed players then maybe it will finally stand a chance of getting fixed.
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I only ever have uniform problems with KDF (and KDF-allied) females. None of my Feds ever have any problem at all, my one KDF male never has a problem either, but my KDF Trill and my KDF-aligned Romulan alien both have had it happen. edit--my KDF male just had it happen on the FE replay, I lost my additional costumes when I reappeared on the other side of the underground Iconian gate

CRYPTIC GIVE US A COSTUME DELETE BUTTON AND WE WILL CLEAN UP AFTER YOUR MESS OURSELVES
    edited November 2013
    edit--my KDF male just had it happen on the FE replay, I lost my additional costumes when I reappeared on the other side of the underground Iconian gate

Dammit Jim, you jinxed it! :eek: :P
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Is it just me, or have the problems only worsened since LOR changed the tailor and character creation UI?

I do miss that "UNDO" button, especially when I miss a click and end up changing the entire bloody outfit and body by hitting one of those presets by mistake :/
    I need a beer.

• sabremeister1sabremeister1 Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This bug has just started to affect me. I want to be able to wear a formal uniform when I enter the Great Hall, I want to be able to wear my KHG uniform when I go hunting Borg, I want to be able to wear a different uniform for different things - and since 30/10, I've been stuck in my default uniform. Cryptic - this is Not Good(TM)
  • ufpterrellufpterrell Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I got hit by this last night. I've lost all three of my currently set up uniform slots and I'm pretty pissed. Can't do anything with them, and I know I can create a couple more but that's simply not the point.

I've also got my Romulan tac with about 3 or 4 uniform slots defunct too because of this issue.

Cryptic... get off your TRIBBLE and fix this issue! Oh and at the same time fist the TOS Romulan uniform palette for the top, it's still not right contrary to what you said in the patch notes a while back... I'd like to actually get what I paid for!
    Terrell.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
  • overlapooverlapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It seems they are trying to track down the cause of the bug here.
  • matixzonmatixzon Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This really needs to get fixed, originally, it only affected my fleet uniform, but after the FE, it affects everything.
    @mawexzon

I like cats :cool:.

UGC Campaign: The Coldblooded Scrolls
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I have this bug too. coupled with the KDF uniform slot bug, these are getting to be really annoying.

Cryptic had to nerf the Hirogen console already, but they dont have the manpower to fix this issue? :confused:
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • mrgardenermrgardener Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Had this for months now I would not hold my breath guys, this may be another 4 months til it is being fixed.

I do not even bother sending in bug reports about it.
  • oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This particular bug effects several of my characters, but not all of them. I don't see any commen thread between the characters. SOme where there is a nasty bit of code that simply doesn't work right.

I'm pretty sure it was created before the game launched, when development on the KDF faction was cut short. It possibly tied into KDF characters not showing kit and armor visuals (other the the KDF KHG armor which does show visuals.. perhapes some of the other Rep armor also show visuals. No art work was even done for KDF alligned Kits or armor. SO what I suspect is the big gorilla in the closet is the un done visuals and art content for kits and armor.

The original decision to leave the KDF faction un finished to get the game launched for a breach of contract clause kicked in is the cause out side of the game. In side of the game code, I'm pretty sure its a nightmare, with a whole bunch of (null) and placeholders.. and it could be as simple as an over looked syntax error that shouldn't be effecting anything. But yet, there it is.

If cryptic were to go back and get that particular load on missing content created and in the game, this bug might just go away by it's self.

A lot has been done for the KDF faction in the game, but a number of the bugs and issues are legacy problems left from decisions made pre launch. This is one them.
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    edit--my KDF male just had it happen on the FE replay, I lost my additional costumes when I reappeared on the other side of the underground Iconian gate

CRYPTIC GIVE US A COSTUME DELETE BUTTON AND WE WILL CLEAN UP AFTER YOUR MESS OURSELVES

Hehe, I feel your pain. I have a Klingon Male that has been unable to change costumes for months. The tailor still shows the other costume slots as being different, but actually wearing them leaves him back in his only functional one. The guy can't even wear the fleet uniform. I'd usually hope that a bug wouldn't affect my fellow players, but in this case I hope it hits enough folks that something is done; your suggestion for a Delete button to clear a bugged costume slot and start over would be glorious.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
    edited February 2014
    I got this just when last year's summer event was about to start.

Fast forward 9 months >> "Known issues: KDF captains cannot switch to all costume slots" lol :D

I'm taking bets on how long we'll be seing this 'Season 8 graphical glitch issue'. Starting with 1 year at least.
    HQroeLu.jpg