test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 8 Dev Blog #14

Comments

• hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    astro2244 wrote: »
    I take it this ship is iconian in origin?

The episode seems to imply it's built by the Solanae, which is the name STO has given the aliens from the TNG episode Schisms (so they aren't the same as the Elachi, but there's a reason they do some of the same things and use some of the same technologies), but that the Solanae and Elachi got their technology from the Iconians, so it might all be academic anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    saekiith wrote: »
    Apart from the Lobi Stuff... it's nice... but 800 Crystals?

That's at best 16 Boxes at ca. 15Euro and at worst 200 Boxes at ca. 200Euro...

So a price somewhere inbetween of 15Euro and 200Euro!
    That's a little bit too much for a single Ship.

Edit:
    And that you can only complete the set when you pay absurd amounts of real-life money is another stone in the pathway that Mandatory ARC set up.

Or zero euros if you buy keys with Energy credits.

Yeah you'll say but that is 15-30 million EC for the bare minimum of keys. 1 million credits relatively easy to build. Yeah it'll take work to get that many EC to buy enough keys and boxes.

But the claim that you HAVE to pay absurd amounts of real money to get it is just not even close to true.

You only have to if you are someone who doesn't like to earn things and buys their end game rather than playing for it.
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    nice ship, but full carriers need frigates. Fighters don't cut it with the new mechanic.

But MAN, if i could port ANY of my frigates to it, I would never leave that ship.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    800 lobi crystals...... I should have seen it coming....

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~BranFlakes
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    twoofnine1 wrote: »
    i dont think im going to play the FE now due to this ide rather ISE on all my alts

That's a pretty childish attitude to take. You still get the Carrier, the Omni-direction AP beam, the Warp Core, an AP Beam Array with each replay plus they're offering you 500 lobi, all for nothing.

Although I don't agree with the decision to put the Advanced Carrier in the Lobi store, that's no reason to cut off your nose to spite your face. You're the only one who loses out by not playing the FE.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Screen shots of the warp core and antiproton beam array?
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • captsolcaptsol Member Posts: 921 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I agree, putting this ship on the Lobi store rather than the C-Store and forcing us to buy into even more lockboxes which so many of us are tired of and possibly have what we want from anyway in the hopes of getting the Lobi to purchase the ship is just not right. It's doubly so when it's the only way of completing the set. Just a bad, bad, greedy move on all fronts IMO.

And, yes, even with the 500 Lobi deal we're still roped into lockboxes to get the rest, so, it doesn't really change that much even though it is appreciated.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Well, at least you get the better half of the deal for free. The two piece bonus is pretty nice if you're running anti-proton. And being in the Lobi store, the advanced version isn't going anywhere. The basic version is also permanently available from the Fleet Spire once you reach tier 1.
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,536 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    hypl wrote: »
    Well, at least you get the better half of the deal for free. The two piece bonus is pretty nice if you're running anti-proton. And being in the Lobi store, the advanced version isn't going anywhere. The basic version is also permanently available from the Fleet Spire once you reach tier 1.

That's true. The way I see it, it would have made slightly more sense for one complete thing to be free and the other to cost Lobi. If the 3 piece set was the reward for the mission, then have the advanced ship being the only version in the Lobi store. Because it has no console to bundle with it, reduce the price to 600 Lobi. Or... do it vice versa. The ship is the mission reward and you have the 3 console set in the Lobi Store for 200 Lobi per piece. Yet again, the total is 600 Lobi, 500 hundred of which you can make for some epic grind. This leaves 100 Lobi to make up somewhere else. It's not a huge cost to the player and would likely get a lot less griping out of everyone over all. Either way, without spending any money, the player gets one complete aspect either way instead of part of one and rending the mission reward ship basically as discarding material.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • twwiglingentwwiglingen Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This may be a stupid sounding question but I can't access holodeck right now so here it goes, is the omni antiproton array only one per a ship? I'd assume so but figured I'd ask.
  • denizenvidenizenvi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    hypl wrote: »

Yep, the antiproton array and core will do nicely on my support battlecruiser. I was already regretting getting two aft beam arrays, now at least one will help forward dps (not my ship's main focus, but helpful).

I agree that the free carrier and gear are the better part of the deal. Sure, the defensive beam blast looks pretty cool, and the 3-piece bonus will be helpful, but nearly everything else comes for free. All other lobi ships have a unique model and a bridge they only share with lockbox ships. So unless you absolutely have to have the best stats on your ship, not too much is gated away behind the lobi.
    Take a look at my Foundry missions!

Conjoined
    , Re-emergence, and . . .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    captsol wrote: »
    I agree, putting this ship on the Lobi store rather than the C-Store and forcing us to buy into even more lockboxes which so many of us are tired of and possibly have what we want from anyway in the hopes of getting the Lobi to purchase the ship is just not right. It's doubly so when it's the only way of completing the set. Just a bad, bad, greedy move on all fronts IMO.

And, yes, even with the 500 Lobi deal we're still roped into lockboxes to get the rest, so, it doesn't really change that much even though it is appreciated.

If you replay a FE you get 500 Free Lobi every day you do it.
    edited October 2013
    captsol wrote: »

Again you are not forces to pay real money.

You can buy keys on the exchange. It isn't that hard to get enough to buy a key every day or so.

You can EASILY get enough crystals even if they didn't have the up coming event, without having to spend a single penny of real money.

I don't know if its the instant gratification generation at work here with the complaints or what. But sheesh, all this moaning about being forced to spend real money is just not true.

You aren't forced if you choose not to work for it and have to have it right now. That is your choice costing you, not Cryptic forcing you.
    edited October 2013
    Oh and if you are in North America you have an even easier way to get zen to buy keys. You can do ridiculously easy surveys on the Earn Zen drop down of the Charge Zen tab on the perfect world website.

I'm doing a TV survey now for 98 zen and there are several more I can complete.
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Wait...

So we HAVE to purchase the advanced ship from the Lobi store to get the final piece of the console set because you give us the other two pieces in the FE?

I think I'll pass until you put that console in the reputation system where it belongs.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Thanks for nothing cryptic

800 lobi? are you insane?!

Season 8 is shaping up to be a huge let down and a major fleecing
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    huskerklg wrote: »
    Oh and if you are in North America you have an even easier way to get zen to buy keys. You can do ridiculously easy surveys on the Earn Zen drop down of the Charge Zen tab on the perfect world website.

I'm doing a TV survey now for 98 zen and there are several more I can complete.

Have fun scrubbing the viruses off your computer.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • jedi77jedi77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    If you replay a FE you get 500 Free Lobi every day you do it.

Wrong... you can earn a total of 500 lobi on your account, not per toon, for the entire FE rerun
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Let me start by saying I look forward to the mission. I know I'll run it on a handful of my characters to get the Basic version of the ship and the AP "Turret Array", etc. Thanks for the FREE ship Cryptic!

As for all the complaining about the Lobi in this thread... This is a free game, folks. No one is forcing anyone to play it, and they sure as heck aren't forcing you to spend any money.

Cryptic is already giving away a free version of the ship. The Advanced, Lobi version, has a few better stats, but isn't OP, and certainly isn't needed to play the game. The Advanced version isn't even needed to steamroll 99% of the content in the game.

The mission that gives away the free ship during this Event also gives you 2/3 of a set, which means if you use those parts you'll get a free bonus power (+10% AP dmg), that's better than most similar 2-pc sets (like the Jem'Hadar's space set which only gives ~8% Polaron boost). Again, that's FREE (Well, with some effort... You do have to complete 1 mission to get both pieces).

There are other ships/sets that require Lobi purchases. The Temporal and Tal Shiar Adapted Borg sets come to mind. This isn't new, and it WILL continue. It's the nature of Star Trek Online's Free-to-Play Business Model. Cryptic is a business and they are going to try and make money. So this could be considered a money-grab, but there's nothing evil or underhanded about it. They are a FOR PROFIT enterprise, not a charity.

The cherry on the Lobi sundae is that you don't have to spend money! You can use in-game Dilithium (much of which was recently given away FOR FREE during the CE Event) to get Zen and or use in-game Energy Credits to buy keys to open boxes and/or the ship box itself (if it's like all other Lobi ships, it'll be in a sellable box). It might cost 100EC or something to get that 800 Lobi ship (most Lobi ships go for less than that), but all that is is TIME and EFFORT playing a GAME. But everyone wants their cake and eat it to, and they want it now, no one wants to ever put effort into anything worthwhile anymore. >shakes head<

I don't normally rant about these sort of things, but the self-entitled instant-gratification-demanding whining being thrown around here is disgusting! Ugh!!

:(

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • silence1311silence1311 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Again you are not forces to pay real money.

You can buy keys on the exchange. It isn't that hard to get enough to buy a key every day or so.

You can EASILY get enough crystals even if they didn't have the up coming event, without having to spend a single penny of real money.

I don't know if its the instant gratification generation at work here with the complaints or what. But sheesh, all this moaning about being forced to spend real money is just not true.

You aren't forced if you choose not to work for it and have to have it right now. That is your choice costing you, not Cryptic forcing you.

You're talking about two types of people. The people who have lives (such as me) and then we have the people with no lives (e.g. YOU). I don't exactly want to know how you prioritise your life (grinding lobi = 50000000 hours). So when you do post ridiculous Peta'Q poopy please keep in mind that most people do NOT dedicate their lives to getting a few pixels. Havelock's post seems fine since it doesn't mention easily :) Good day to you sir
    edited October 2013
    You're talking about two types of people. The people who have lives (such as me) and then we have the people with no lives (e.g. YOU). I don't exactly want to know how you prioritise your life (grinding lobi = 50000000 hours). So when you do post ridiculous Peta'Q poopy please keep in mind that most people do NOT dedicate their lives to getting a few pixels. :) Good day to you sir
    Then if you're not dedicated to it, what do you care about it? I mean, the basic version should be more then adequate for any casual player.

The Lobi version is called an ADVANCED version for a reason. It is designed for the ADVANCED, the more DEDICATED player.

:o

(Edit: Or those willing/able to pay for the privilege...)

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
    edited October 2013
    johngazman wrote: »
    Have fun scrubbing the viruses off your computer.

Never had a problem with them. Have good virus protection, not once has it gotten a hit doing these.

But I'm sure perfectworld/cryptic is in the habit of partnering with companies that put out viruses on customers, tied to cryptic's own website. /rolleyes

And I'm talking about the main actual surveys by Peanut labs, not the offers and deals below. Most companies like that have no interest in putting viruses on. Which also if you do minimal effort can find that Peanut labs is an actual reputable survey company doing business with major advertisers like Samsung, X-Box, Go Pro, etc.

So your comment is pure ridiculous conjecture from someone who doesn't have a real response to the fact that you again do not have to buy anything to get the lobi crystals to get the ship.
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    fun facts about this carrier

-its eng based as apposed to sci based like the voquv and altrox, sorta like an ambassador class with a universal ENS

-the advanced +1 version costs the stranded for a lobi store ship 800. same as all the lobi ships introduced with a lock box

-the normal version will be available from the fleet store like the anniversary odyssey and bortas are

-the antiproton beam that comes with it had a 360 degree fireing arc and works will all beam skills. it fires from the turret hardpoints

-the warp core lets you have a better turn rate at slipstream, and lets you boost your aux power to a 135 cap.

-both these items can be used on any ship

-both these items you get for free from the mission should be makeing all sci captains do backflips of joy

the 3 part set lets you apply EPt skills to your alive pets when you activate them on your ship. EPtE siphon drones or interceptors anyone? EPtW for any of the damage dealing pets, especially the swarmers? APtA for deltas and runabouts using tach beam or tractor beams, etc... but their EPt duration only lasts 10 seconds

-the console from the advanced ship is insanely powerful, DO NOT SHOOT THIS THING WHEN IT ACTIVATES IT! but its not tac buffable, and aux levels dont effect it. each hit is hard caped at dealing, before resit, 50k damage max.

-the swarmers are awesome little damage dealers, flying at a target fireing trans torps and BOs at your target. for their damage though, they are the pet with the least HP of all, less then even type 8s

-careful with launching and then recalling, so you can save them up and then unleash them all at once. doing so will cause their cooldowns to get random seconds added to them, so you can t dump 12 of them and have them fire 12 trans torps and 12 BO3s at your target. look for this to be added to all pets too
    edited October 2013
    You're talking about two types of people. The people who have lives (such as me) and then we have the people with no lives (e.g. YOU).

Wrong. I work full time, and have a busy life outside of work also. And you can still find the time. It'll take a bit longer, but it is still possible.

It'll take a long time for me to get it, but I'm not going to cry and pout, "I want it now, I want it now!"

So basically you are not either of those two types, but actually just one of the types that has to have it now easy types since the claim that you can only have no life to get it is completely false.
    edited October 2013
    Swear most of those complaining would probably still complain if Cryptic just had you log in and push one button and got it all. "OMG Cryptic you made me log in to get the ship! Fail!"
    edited October 2013
    Then if you're not dedicated to it, what do you care about it? I mean, the basic version should be more then adequate for any casual player.

The Lobi version is called an ADVANCED version for a reason. It is designed for the ADVANCED, the more DEDICATED player.

:o

(Edit: Or those willing/able to pay for the privilege...)

I care about it because it's better and they locked it out of the C Store. Isn't that the slightest bit obvious?? :confused: what do you mean by Dedicated player? The people that waste their life on the game or the people that support it by dishing out ?200. The only reason they Lobi locked the carrier is because they want more money :rolleyes:
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I care about it because it's better and they locked it out of the C Store. Isn't that the slightest bit obvious?? :confused: what do you mean by Dedicated player? The people that waste their life on the game or the people that support it by dishing out ?200. The only reason they Lobi locked the carrier is because they want more money :rolleyes:

you can no doubt buy the advanced one off the exchange, like all other lobi store ships
    edited October 2013
    Wrong. I work full time, and have a busy life outside of work also. And you can still find the time. It'll take a bit longer, but it is still possible.

It'll take a long time for me to get it, but I'm not going to cry and pout, "I want it now, I want it now!"

So basically you are not either of those two types, but actually just one of the types that has to have it now easy types since the claim that you can only have no life to get it is completely false.

Can you read? When did I say I WANT NOW? Please quote that imaginary quote because I'd love to see it.
    I'm actually someone who has a life OMFG!!! :P Lets make a table
    Endless grind:
    EC
    Dil/Zen for keys

acceptable:
    20 for ship mods + FM grind
    Hmmm, I'll let you determine the results ;) p.s. I may be missing a few so feel free to update the table
    I'm mad at the fact that Cryptic chose to put a "supposed" fleet ship into the lobi store
    edited October 2013
    ...what do you mean by Dedicated player?
    I'd ask yourself, since it was your word:
    ...keep in mind that most people do NOT dedicate their lives to getting a few pixels...
    You're the one who used the term dedicate.

Which is defined as a verb meaning to:

devote (time, effort, or oneself) to a particular task or purpose.

...The only reason they Lobi locked the carrier is because they want more money :rolleyes:
    Yes. Duh. So? Why do you roll your eyes at that?

edited October 2013
    ...I'm mad at the fact that Cryptic chose to put a "supposed" fleet ship into the lobi store
    It's actually better than a fleet ship. Fleet ships don't come with consoles. This one does.