test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I'm guessing a Enterprise themed lockbox is next

jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
Since the last two lockbox's we had where Kelvin Timeline along with sphere builder's and so I'm really hoping it's gonna be Enterprise lockbox next. Although it could be the Tzenkethi lockbox since season 12 is gonna be mostly about them.

Comments

• Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Actually, we already had Enterprise lockboxes: two even, the Xindi ones.

And most of the other stuff is already in the C-store. If we're going to see something Enterprise-related, I hope it will be a Founders of the Federation box but I doubt we'll see that in the next season.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    I think it'll be the Tzenkethi or maybe the Vorgons?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    risian4 wrote: »
    Actually, we already had Enterprise lockboxes: two even, the Xindi ones.

And most of the other stuff is already in the C-store. If we're going to see something Enterprise-related, I hope it will be a Founders of the Federation box but I doubt we'll see that in the next season.

oh yeah forgot about the xindi lockbox ^^;
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    Idk if the next will be tzenkethi idk exactly what were getting box wise but it usually goes we get the new bad guy then the box , we havent gotten tzenkethi yet so it may be another temporal themed box, then after the tzenkethi are released then we get a tzenkethi box.

Think how the herald box was released first we got the iconians and once alot of people sarted wanting the iconian ships we got the box, i expect the same pattern to continue 1st we get the new big bads people start wanting their ships then we get the tzenkethi box.
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    It won't be the Tzenkethi lockbox. Back when the Nakuhl were introduced as the new bad guys we did not get playable Nakuhl ships at the same time. We got the Kelvin lockbox. The next lockbox is almost certainly gonna be an Enterprise themed lockbox and the one after that the Tzenkethi lockbox.
  • Options
    szim wrote: »
    It won't be the Tzenkethi lockbox. Back when the Nakuhl were introduced as the new bad guys we did not get playable Nakuhl ships at the same time. We got the Kelvin lockbox. The next lockbox is almost certainly gonna be an Enterprise themed lockbox and the one after that the Tzenkethi lockbox.

This 100% ^^^
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    So people are basing this on the NX refit needing a way to be sold to the players?
  • Options
    diabolical91diabolical91 Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    nikeix wrote: »
    So people are basing this on the NX refit needing a way to be sold to the players?

shhhhhh man
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    thay8472 wrote: »
    I think it'll be the Tzenkethi or maybe the Vorgons?

It's been months since the episode launched and I still have trouble seeing that 'r'.
    635358387487948376_vogonguard.jpg
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    TBH i think a t6 enterprise would most likely be shoved in a R&D box like the t6 connie
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • Options
    If we're going by existing sales models, the NX-refit would be a Federation-only Lobi store ship like the Vengeance. At which point the rest of the box contents could be almost anything.

Unless I'm totally overlooking the Romulan and KDF counterparts it would need to be grouped with to be used in a three-way grand prize pack like the KT T6s.
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Enterprise style release. We could see Phase pistols and shuttle pods. But most of the ships themselves have come out now haven't they?

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    feiqa wrote: »
    Enterprise style release. We could see Phase pistols and shuttle pods. But most of the ships themselves have come out now haven't they?

I think so, yes. And there isn't much tech that could be turned into kit abilities or training manuals either. Doffs are almost entirely out of the question of course.

Basically the only things that appeared in Enterprise that aren't either Starfleet or Xindi-related, are either long dead or hardly relevant anymore. Or they're already in the game.

That's why I would prefer a Founders of the Federation box. That way we could for example get T6 Vulcan and Andorian ships, maybe even a T6 NX-01 for those who are interested. And it would be an opportunity to give the Tellarites, that other founder species, some attention. Without limiting the contents of the box to the Enterprise era, which doesn't have much interesting stuff remaining.

It's not much different, but the focus would be on more than just 'Enterprise era'.
  • Options
    Hm I immediately realised I have to somewhat correct my previous statement... Denobulans. Those could be added as doffs to a lock box. And we would have an awesome training manual for Boffs: Doctor Phlox' scary-face ability :p

And besides Tellarites, they could also focus on Rigellians.
  • Options
    If we're going by existing sales models, the NX-refit would be a Federation-only Lobi store ship like the Vengeance. At which point the rest of the box contents could be almost anything.

Unless I'm totally overlooking the Romulan and KDF counterparts it would need to be grouped with to be used in a three-way grand prize pack like the KT T6s.
    While all romulan ships of that era are already out (drone and t6 tovaro) there is one klingon ship missing from STO the D4
    http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/D4_class_(concept)
    0bzJyzP.gif

• Options

While all romulan ships of that era are already out (drone and t6 tovaro) there is one klingon ship missing from STO the D4

The tiny BoP the Augments stole, the 22nd century BoP? The D5 Battlecruiser?
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    I really hope they don't stick the NX-class in a lockbox. :( I've wanted one since I started playing STO but there's no way I'll throw away that kind of money for a single-character unlock.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    artan42 wrote: »

The tiny BoP the Augments stole, the 22nd century BoP? The D5 Battlecruiser?
    i was just picking one as an example for the klingons and tbh i forgot about the D5 :neutral:

0bzJyzP.gif

• Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User

The drone isn't flyable, though. Just a hangar pet. They could still add a flyable drone ship.

Still, I'm not looking forward to more faction-restricted lockboxes.
  • Options
    diabolical91diabolical91 Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

that's in game the d4 I mean has a proton launcher http://sto.gamepedia.com/Kelvin_Timeline_D4x_Pilot_Bird-of-Prey
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,871 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    To inject a note of caution: Cryptic has also swung wildly to left field when it comes to lock boxes. See. Hirogen and Xindi. A revamped NX may be part of an ENT era lock box, OR it could be the next promo ship (with the next lock box being something completely unexpected) or indeed something else entirely that we don't know about.

I wouldn't start setting expectations quite yet, also on the subject of KDF/ROM vessels to pair with the NX. The Klingon D9 and Romulan Thrai warbird could still use a delivery method. Even though they aren't ENT era, Cryptic could simply go with a "temporal throwback" lock box/pomo and include a mix of ENT and TOS content (to finish off whatever they weren't able to ship with Agents of Yesterday and the K-13 holding.)

Basically, this is a time to be careful when considering what's coming up next. Details are scarce and it's not clear exactly where Cryptic is going with Reckoning (besides Tzenkethi blasting).
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    Maybe the nx refit will be the next utterly random "loyalty" reward. 50 people get them for who the hell knows why. Wouldn't that be just thrilling?
  • Options
    i no longer think any good T^s will be put in the c-store , the best ships will be placed in lock boxes or R&D packs, money grabbing is the name of cryptics game now.
  • Options
    hmkchmkc Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    szim wrote: »

You never know!

SZIM - I just wanted to say I LIKE your Cat Picture!
    Kirk out!
  • Options
    timbo2008timbo2008 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    i dont care what box it is but it better have t6 tal shiar ships in it :(
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,047 Community Moderator
    They could bring in the Ent era BoP and create an original design for the Romulans, like they did with the Kelvin box.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    [/quote]

that's in game the d4 I mean has a proton launcher http://sto.gamepedia.com/Kelvin_Timeline_D4x_Pilot_Bird-of-Prey[/quote]

The Koro't'inga is only based on the ENT Battlecruiser. It's not the same ship. It's much flatter with an ovaloid 'head' and inwards angled nacelles.​​

#TASforSTO

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,047 Community Moderator
    latest?cb=20061013044653&path-prefix=en

latest?cb=20081004204228&path-prefix=en
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    'Soon' XD

74c697cc21.png
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    thay8472 wrote: »
    'Soon' XD

74c697cc21.png

Careful, ive been hurt before :disappointed: