test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Come here if you have a Q

Comments

• thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It's quite possible you've spent all your points on lower level skills rather then just the minimums. There's really no way of me knowing.

You're not supposed to buy all the Skills at maximum value at each level. You're only supposed to buy the Skills that benefit your particular Class and ship type. So maybe you spent all your points on lower Skills. I don't know.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • ddayargddayarg Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    It's quite possible you've spent all your points on lower level skills rather then just the minimums. There's really no way of me knowing.

You're not supposed to buy all the Skills at maximum value at each level. You're only supposed to buy the Skills that benefit your particular Class and ship type. So maybe you spent all your points on lower Skills. I don't know.

Yeah that's probably it then, unfortunately I didn't know
    edited October 2013
    ddayarg wrote: »
    Yeah that's probably it then, unfortunately I didn't know
    If you're a Gold level player you should have free Respecs. If you're a Silver player you can buy a Respec for Zen in the C-Store. This link will help explain Respecs: http://sto.gamepedia.com/Respec
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • stonewbiestonewbie Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You probably haven't spend enough on Ground Skills, and that's locking-out your advancement in Space Skills.

I've been able to level several toons to 50 without spending any points in ground skills. I even have one in progress right now that is level 46 with zero ground skill points. I think it's gotta be something else other then skill allocation.

At the bottom as long as Space Spent / Space Max isnt maxed out you can spend points. And at the top you only need to spend the minimum 33000/33000, 93000/93000, 173000/173000, 263000/263000 to be able to spend points in the next rank (assuming spent/max isnt capped out).

ddayarg what is your:

character level
    skill point available
    space spent / space max
    ground spent / ground max
    skill point distrubution at the top for each rank (ie 33000/33000, 102500/93000, etc etc)
    edited October 2013
    As he described above, he spent all his points on lower-level Skills and doesn't have any left for Captain or Admiral level abilities.
  • stonewbiestonewbie Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    As he described above, he spent all his points on lower-level Skills and doesn't have any left for Captain or Admiral level abilities.

Ohh yah, those werent up when i hit the post reply button...i stopped halfway through my post to get some dinner hehe :P
  • nador67nador67 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    OK Beating a Dead Horse, but because we never get a good answer here goes.

CARDASSIAN SPECIES

A. Playable Mini-Faction?

B. Playable Species (not the generic alien species) within one of the three factions?

C. Cryptic Doesn't care and doesn't want to hear it for another five years?

D. Cryptic wants to continue torturing the Cardassian Fans by not saying anything. "How Many Lights Do You See?"

If A or B, within 3, 5, or 10 years?

Oh and while I'm at it, Romulan characters in the Foundry Missions, any plans to add them in and will their missions be able to be played by both factions?
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    deimosruhk wrote: »
    This is more a rant than a question....

WTF is with me creating a character and having to run around doing stupid quests in a freaking vineyard?!? I was led to believe this was a space game, but this is incredibly, stupidly lame.

If I wanted to run around on land I'd play DnD or something.

Where are the stupid spaceships so I can get off the stupid planet that I don't want to waste any time one, so I can play the game I thought I was downloading.

And I don't want to freaking clean out vermin out of a stupid garden, either.

Dumb, dumb, dumb!

Thanks.

I know this is not my thread to answer questions for, but I am guessing you're playing as a Romulan Civilian Engineer? Since that's where I started out... Don't worry, you'll soon get bombarded by some rogue Tal-Shiar agents and fly up in a racketty old Rommie shuttle to an old beat up TOS Bird-Of-Prey (yep, 200 year old pile of junk) and you can start selecting space-only missions 'till you're green in the face...

:)
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • alienexploreralienexplorer Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I have another question ...
    In the rescue the Azura mission early on in the Federation storyline, I was playing a tactical officer, and I had a science officer. I came across injured crew, which I couldn't heal. If I had played a science officer I could have healed them, but I could not get my science officer, who had a medical tricorder to heal the injured crew, even if I put him on the "shoot enemies / heal allies" setting.

Is it possible to get my science officer to heal the injured crew? Or am I the only one who can do it?
    edited October 2013
    I have another question ...
    In the rescue the Azura mission early on in the Federation storyline, I was playing a tactical officer, and I had a science officer. I came across injured crew, which I couldn't heal. If I had played a science officer I could have healed them, but I could not get my science officer, who had a medical tricorder to heal the injured crew, even if I put him on the "shoot enemies / heal allies" setting.

Is it possible to get my science officer to heal the injured crew? Or am I the only one who can do it?
    No. That particular mission cycle is for each Captain type to earn an Accolade. Sci Captains Heal, Eng Captains save the ship from exploding, and Tac Captains use the ship system to defeat some Orions to gain the Accolade.

The point of the adventure is to go into the Misison with a team made up of different Captain types so that you can earn all 3 Accolades at once.
  • alienexploreralienexplorer Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    OK, thank you.
  • davidws316davidws316 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hi, I'm relatively new to Star Trek Online.
    I want to know what to do with all the Anomalies samples collected in space and ground missions.
    My inventory is about 3/4 full of these samples, etc. and I have no idea what to do with them. I've tried to find out through the ? but nothing talks about it. I didn't do any inititial training or guide to become familiar with how Star Trek Online works, I just started playing and I'm trying to figure things out along the way.
    Can anyone tell me what to do with all these Samples in my Inventory that I have collected? Where do I go, specifically? What do I do with them, specifically? These are Anomalies like: Alien Artifacts, Antimatter Samples, Biological Samples, Radiation Samples, Mineral Samples, Unknown Alloy, etc... Can you help me please!!! :)
  • ijimithyijimithy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    davidws316 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm relatively new to Star Trek Online.
    I want to know what to do with all the Anomalies samples collected in space and ground missions.
    My inventory is about 3/4 full of these samples, etc. and I have no idea what to do with them. I've tried to find out through the ? but nothing talks about it. I didn't do any inititial training or guide to become familiar with how Star Trek Online works, I just started playing and I'm trying to figure thing out along the way.
    Can anyone tell me what to do with all these Samples in my Inventory that I have collected? Where do I go, specifically? What do I do with them, specifically? These are Anomalies like: Alien Artifacts, Antimatter Samples, Biological Samples, Radiation Samples, Mineral Samples, Unknown Alloy, etc... Can you help me please!!! :)

All of those Anolalies are used for crafting items using the crafting system built into STO. If your Fed you go to Memory Alpha, Romulans go to command Place and its on one of the sides and Klingons have a crafting area in First City. Just to warn you crafting can be fun but it costs a lot of dilithium at higher items eg a Aegis Deflector costs 18000 Dil for uncommon un replicatable items.

If your not into Crafting you have a few choices:-

1. Donate to your fleet bank for others to use
    2. Donate them to fleet projects to get Fleet credits
    3. Sell them on Exchange for money

Look out for Rare Particle Traces as they are very useful either to sell or to make shiny things later on :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    No Drama, No Fuss, Just good old fashioned pew pew!
  • davidws316davidws316 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ijimithy wrote: »
    All of those Anolalies are used for crafting items using the crafting system built into STO. If your Fed you go to Memory Alpha, Romulans go to command Place and its on one of the sides and Klingons have a crafting area in First City. Just to warn you crafting can be fun but it costs a lot of dilithium at higher items eg a Aegis Deflector costs 18000 Dil for uncommon un replicatable items.

If your not into Crafting you have a few choices:-

1. Donate to your fleet bank for others to use
    2. Donate them to fleet projects to get Fleet credits
    3. Sell them on Exchange for money

Look out for Rare Particle Traces as they are very useful either to sell or to make shiny things later on :)
    Thank you very much ijimithy,
    This is a BIG help. I am Federation. Okay, I'm at Memory Alpha. I'm inside trying to figure out what to do. You say there is a to the Crafting System there? I'm starting by talking to Commander Jenna Romaine for a tutorial. Is there anything else specific that I need to know? Thanks again.
  • lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    davidws316 wrote: »
    Thank you very much ijimithy,
    This is a BIG help. I am Federation. Okay, I'm at Memory Alpha. I'm inside trying to figure out what to do. You say there is a to the Crafting System there? I'm starting by talking to Commander Jenna Romaine for a tutorial. Is there anything else specific that I need to know? Thanks again.

Go to the central consoles behind Jenna. That's' the crafting station. Crafting simple. You build items to build up your skill level. As you level up, more items are opened unlocked. The better quality items need unreplicatble materials which cost Dilithium to purchase. Each item lists the amount of skill earned by crafting it, the miniim skill level required to crafting it, the list of materials that you'll need to craft.

You can get a read only version of the crafting table by clicking on the down arrow at the bottem right corner of the mini-map and selecting "View R&D Progress".
    edited October 2013
    Another question that everyone else seems to know the answer to but me...

What is "redshirt" and "tribble"? I'm assuming it has something to do with servers and testspace, but is ther a more in-depth explanation?
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
    edited October 2013
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Another question that everyone else seems to know the answer to but me...

What is "redshirt" and "tribble"? I'm assuming it has something to do with servers and testspace, but is ther a more in-depth explanation?

The answers depends on what mode Cryptic is in. Normally between season updates Tribble is the test server which will have a new build/patch available for player testing. After which they are promted to Holodeck (Live game server). Redshirt is redshirted during this time. Not to be seen.

When a new game update is upon us, a new victim, er volunteer, server is found. and viola, Redshirt becomes visible. Redhshirt gets patches for testing which are slated to the reason Holodeck after a few days of testing.

Tribble get the new code branch which is the new major update to the game. Tribble at first will have the initial new stuff that Cryptic deem ready for players to try out. These new branch builds are unfinished and many times buggy and unstable. New bulds of the game update to put on Tribble for player testing and feedback. This will go on for a number of weeks.

Tribble stays in this configuration until the new game update is launched to the Holodeck. When that happens Tribble reverts to it's inbetween game updates role: testing new patches before they go to Holodeck. And Redshirt disintegrated with a lucky disruptor shot and disappears from our view until a new game update starts roll out again. And the whole cycle started over again.
    edited October 2013
    Lordfuzun,

Thank you for the explanation... how and where does one see or gain access to these?

CM
    edited October 2013
    Lordfuzun,

Thank you for the explanation... how and where does one see or gain access to these?

CM

http://sto.perfectworld.com/community/tribble-test
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Note that for the moment, Tribble is restricted to active subscribers only.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited October 2013
  • johnlemon23johnlemon23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    When I first made a character and went to be an Admiral I was able to get a free Tier 5 ship. But then I made a Romulan, another Fed, and a KDF character and I did not get a Free Ship Token. Did I do something wrong?:confused:
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    When I first made a character and went to be an Admiral I was able to get a free Tier 5 ship. But then I made a Romulan, another Fed, and a KDF character and I did not get a Free Ship Token. Did I do something wrong?:confused:

Level 40 is the last level you get any freebie ships
    this goes for all factions you do however MUST do the promotion assignment otherwise you will not receive the free ship token.

If you did do the assignment and still did not reveive a free ship token at level 40 then it is a bug and you should send a ticket in on the matter.
    edited October 2013
    Help!

We finished our first 10,000 military xp in our fleet starbase, but our starbase did not upgrade to a tier 1. What else do I need to do?

Thanks again!
    CM

EDIT: Figured it out. Apparently you don't automatically get the 1000 Starbase XP... We have to complete another special upgrade mission that costs more on top of the work that we've already put into it... Hmmm...
    edited October 2013
    Help!

We finished our first 10,000 military xp in our fleet starbase, but our starbase did not upgrade to a tier 1. What else do I need to do?

Thanks again!
    CM

Check under Starbase Special Projects. You should have one available to upgrade Base Military Tier 1
    edited October 2013
    ^ Thanks, figured it out... Finishing your first 10,000XP only opens up the ABILITY to start another project that eventually levels the fleet up...

UGH!!!

Didn't think I needed to start a new thread for this, so hopefully it's a quick Q&A...

Someone in another thread mentioned that there was another Fleet Holding coming to fleets. Is there? What is it?

Thanks!
    CM
  • taschenbillard12taschenbillard12 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Someone in another thread mentioned that there was another Fleet Holding coming to fleets. ..

CM
    Spire Fleet Holding:
    The fleet system has been expanded and players have access to a new Spire holding.
    Fleet Members can contribute to fleet projects to earn XP for their Spire and unlock new tiers, just like with the Embassy and Dilithium Mine holdings.
    Can be compared to Embassy and Dilithium Mine for time to progress.
    The Spire consists of a space map and an interior map. This holding is located in the Solanae Dyson Sphere.
    Completing Tiers in the Spire's main track will cause both maps visuals to become enhanced.

Like the Embassy and Dilithium Mine, the Spire has three tracks:
    Spire (main track)
    This track gains XP and progresses by completing tiers from the two sub-tracks below.
    Research (sub-track)

The Research sub-track gains XP by completing repeatable fleet projects. Once enough XP has been earned, you will be given an Upgrade special project to unlock the next Research tier. Completing this Upgrade project will grant XP for the Spire main track.

Operations (sub-track)
    The Operations sub-track gains XP by completing repeatable fleet projects. Once enough XP has been earned, you will be given an Upgrade special project to unlock the next Operations tier. Completing this Upgrade project will grant XP for the Spire main track.

Provisioning
    There is a single provisioning type for each sub-track (Operations and Research) as opposed to several types found in the Starbase and Embassy holdings. These Provisions are earned by completing fleet projects. Below are items that can be purchased with the two types of Provisioning:
    Research Personal Requisition Provisioning
    (Ultra-Rare) Advanced Spire Warp Cores
    (Ultra-Rare) Advanced Spire Singularity Cores
    (Ultra-Rare) Elite Spire Warp Cores
    (Ultra-Rare) Elite Spire Singularity Cores
    (Ultra-Rare) Advanced Tactical Consoles Mk XI to XII

Operations Personal Requisition Provisioning
    (Ultra-Rare) Personal Ground Kits Mk XI to Mk XII

Special standard starships and fleet starships become unlocked as you progress through the main Spire track. These must be purchased using Fleet Credits, Fleet Modules and Military Personal Requisition Provisioning from your Starbase. Below are the starships that can be earned and at which Tier they become available:
    Spire Tier 1
    Spire Tier 2
    Fleet Peghqu' Heavy Destroyer - KDF Only*
    Fleet Chimera Heavy Destroyer - Starfleet Only*
    Fleet Daeinos Heavy Destroyer - Romulan Republic Only*
    *NOTE: The above Fleet Ships require that the player owns the existing non-fleet version of the Veteran Ships (1000 day veteran) to be able to purchase them.

Spire Tier 3
    Fleet Kar'fi Battle Carrier - KDF Only
    Fleet Caitian Atrox Carrier - Starfleet Only
    Fleet Ar'Kif Tactical Warbird Retrofit - Romulan Republic Only

Non-Provisioned Rewards
    The Spire holding offers a number of rewards that require no personal requisition provisioning and instead only require Fleet Credits. Below is a list of these rewards:
    Spire (Main Track)
    Discount on Command Credit costs in the Dyson Sphere's ground battle zone
    Reduction in Spire Atmospheric Full Impulse speed debuff in the Dyson Sphere's space adventure zone
    Reinforcement Capture Bonus in Dyson Sphere's space adventure zone

Operations (Sub-Track)
    Uncommon to Very Rare Voth Science Duty Officers
    +1 Ground Duty Officer Active Roster Slot
    May unlock 1 per character

+1 Space Duty Officer Active Roster Slot
    May unlock 1 per character
    edited October 2013
    Don't know if it's just me, but I used to be able to collect loot drops with the popup window that gave the three "need-greed-pass" options. Not any more... The only loot I can collect any more is the stuff that comes with the window popup "take item." Have I done something wrong? This is making the Farming missions tough to earn amything with. I thought it was just a one time deal, so I logged off and waited 'till the next day, but still the same thing... It's been going on for about a week now, as far as I can tell...

Any help restoring my loot ability will be greatly appreciated... :)
    CM
  • tucker84tucker84 Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    G'day!

I have a question. I am a TAC officer flying a JH Heavy Escort Carrier (4 Polaron DHCs, Kinetic Cutting Beam, Omega Plasma Torpedo Launcher, Hargh'Peng Torpedo Launcher). I am using the Aegis set now. Which "reputation space set" do you recommend? I've collected the resources for one, but I need advice.

Thanks!
  • ijimithyijimithy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    tucker84 wrote: »
    G'day!

I have a question. I am a TAC officer flying a JH Heavy Escort Carrier (4 Polaron DHCs, Kinetic Cutting Beam, Omega Plasma Torpedo Launcher, Hargh'Peng Torpedo Launcher). I am using the Aegis set now. Which "reputation space set" do you recommend? I've collected the resources for one, but I need advice.

Thanks!

Well that all depends on your style... I myself fly a Temporal Destroyer and as a Tac I use the Omega Engine + Deflector with Tetyron weapons. Omega is good for speed and the Deflector adds to your accuracy too. I do not run the Shield because I use the elite fleet shield (ResB and Adapt) for STF's but the 2 piece bonus is Tetryon glider- it has a chance to strip your targets shields when you fire your weapons. If you go for the 3 set bonus you get gravitic anchor it stops your target from turning so they will be stuck going in whatever direction they are flying in when you hit them. It is more useful for PvP mind.

The Maco set however gives you better defense and the 3 set bonus give you extra torpedo damage.

The Nukara set I've heard is quite good, its adds to shields, its engine is supposedly the fastest in the game. I plan to test this out at some point though as it looks interesting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    No Drama, No Fuss, Just good old fashioned pew pew!